Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Advise Someone At Crossroads - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advise Someone At Crossroads (578 Views)

I'm At Crossroads! ( Updated) / Please Advise, Someone Ratted Me Out To My Father, What To Do? / What Should She Do? Nigerian Woman At Crossroads! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Someone At Crossroads by felifeli: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
Please this is for matured people only. If you have never been married please just read and go your way.

Supposing you were previously married but not at all happily. After 15 years your wife goes away with your children and divorces you on advice of her relatives, and travels away to UK because you were not doing well in life. You are completely broken.
God directs another woman into your life but she is married. Nevertheless she empowers you financially so much that nearly everything you have been able to acquire you can trace to her and she also encourages you along at every opportunity because she was touched by your situation . It is clear that both of you like one another very much , but on ground of morality sex has never happened. Her challenge is visible to you though. She has a very sick husband who she is afraid may soon pass away and she wants a shoulder to lean on if the event ever occurs. Scary way to look at things but I must tell you that she loves her husband to the end of the word and not having an affair with anyone and has never had any as far as I know. You have also in your own way done whatever you can to help her business move along better.
Now 10 years after, your ex-wife returns to plead with you to take her back; the children who you have kept contact with plead for their mother. You are moved by Christian duty and your love for your children , and yes in spite of what she has done you still have some feelings for her .After all you married her because you loved her.
My question is will this be a wise move for any sensible self respecting man ? And if you were the other woman who has invested so heavily in my recovery how would you receive such a decision?
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by Lovetinz(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
The man could have gotten sick and died during the time he was abandoned.
To accept the woman's pleadings will be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by paiz: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2017
This and many reasons why God said man marry just one wife and dont look another way, cause he knows the bitches would always come back to beg
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by Leopantro: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
1. you have a responsibility to your children. they are your seed and you have to be in their life, either directly or indirectly.

2. you are officially divorced from your wife. she made a decision and choose to live by it. granted she might have seen the errors of her ways but she stood at the alter and swore to stand by you through thick and thin in front of God and later changed her mind. she made her bed , she should lie in it. your children should not suffer the consequences of their mother's action and they did not make that choice. besides, what stops her from repeating what she did in the past? you have sufferred and overcome the emotional turmoil she put you through, do you want to put your hand back into the fire? the fly that perches on a corpse will follow it into the grave.

3. I'm very happy with the friendship you had with the other woman but remember, it is a friendship not a relationship. very few people will go out of your way to help anyone nowadays and she assisted you in the time of need. continue to respect her and continue to maintain your distance.

4. family members will come to beg for your former wife. remember that you and only you decide your fate. if they were there and did not help to stop her from leaving, they have no right to tell you to accept her back. they would go back to their families, only you know what you sufferred
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by Chidonc(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
the only sensible thing to do here is get divorced to ur wife legally and marry the woman that has invested so much on you. dont be tied down by religion. it is called moving on, as long as you tried everything possible to get her back when she left, you are no longer obligation to continue the marriage when things become better, even the bible said for better for worst not better for better.
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by babyfaceafrica: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2017
Lolz..first of all no sane man should go near a married woman.....secondly, someone was out for 10 years and coming to plead..for what?.....I would have moved on ..I will forgive her and take the children ..but will never ever accept her into my life again..period!!!
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by emonkey(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2017
I don't envy your situation at all. Whatever you do don't have the one who divorced you come back to live with you again. You may not live long to tell a second tale. As for the one who has been taking care of you I am sure she will think you are the most foolish animal in the world if you do what you plan. In fact if I were her I will never want to see you ever again; I will only print your obituary and wait to add the date later.

Where is this lalasticlala sef ?
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by felifeli: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
Thank you everyone for your advice. It would have been interesting to also learn from a woman from the perspective of my benefactor. Will the typical woman feel betrayed or happy for me?
Re: Advise Someone At Crossroads by McBrooklyn(m): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2017

(1) (Reply)

You Started Developing Romantic Love With Your Best Friend, What Should You Do? / T / Somebody Help!!!! Save a nairalander!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.