Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,645 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Am I The Fastest Nigerian? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I The Fastest Nigerian? (8764 Views)

Why I Dumped Nigeria For Qatar — Asia’s Fastest Man, Ogunode / FIFA U-20 Women : Nigeria Score Fastest Goal / Who Is The Fastest And Most Intelligent Player In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2007
Hi all,

I'm a Nigerian racng driver - yes such a thing does exist! I've been racing cars for ten years and have driven in the UK primarily (where I was born) but have also driven in France and the USA. I'd love to race in Nigeria but there are no tracks - so am I the fastest Nigerian - and could a race ever be organised (an old airbase perhaps?)

Included is a pic of my car - a bit tatty but I'm desgning a new body for it (to race next season) and eventually I'll design a whole new car (2 - 3 years away).

Other pics are of me racing Le Mans type cars

1 Like

Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by layi(m): 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2007
Are you a white nigerian?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by simplyme3(f): 11:23pm On Aug 11, 2007
lets see your picture, your races and write ups about u.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2007

Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by simplyme3(f): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2007
you're the one. Thewn u r d fastest - no doubt.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
So nobody knows anyone else - what about the Hemenga Grand Prix Kart Circuit in Lagos - does anyone have any pics
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by simplyme3(f): 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
me - i dont know it o.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by cammax7(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2007
I've heard about the Haggai Institute, a racing team in Lagos, would have joined them but their conditions weren't favourable.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2007
A quick google shows the above institute to be a Christian organisation - but nothing about racing - do you know anymore?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by cammax7(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2007
Yea thats actually true. I've known the christian org. Since i was about 8 coz my mom actually was supposed to attend. But the car racing team they have a website would look out for it.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2007
tyring to find it - got any more info??
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by tnaidaR(f): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2007
*sighs*
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2007
found the website - contacted them. I hope it will be possible to come to Nigeria to race with other Nigerians
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2007
tnaidaR:

*sighs*

Why the sigh?

@ Collins: That's great stuff, good to see another car enthusiast on here!

I've not driven anything like your cars, but I've taken part in sprints around the UK, as well as track days at Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Castle Coombe.

Keep up the good work!
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
I do sprints too!

Mainly at North Weald in Essex - I also write the rules for a 1400cc class we are trialling. You should come out and compete Siena - Racing For Nigeria?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2007
ss_collins:

I do sprints too!

Mainly at North Weald in Essex - I also write the rules for a 1400cc class we are trialling. You should come out and compete Siena - Racing For Nigeria?

Blimey! North Weald Airfield? Just up the road from me!

All my sprints have been in cars prepared by myself. And all in Audi quattro's (4WD)
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by deb(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2007
I am proud of you man. I declare you the fastest Nigerian.

Why don't you come home and help enact the racing sports in Nigeria?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
Thats right at the airfield - theres one in a couple of weeks I'm doing in tha 1400 - you should come along and do it for fun - regs at www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com

@deb - thanks for your declaration - I want to prove it and to that I must go to Nigeria. I would love to help establish the sport there, but beyond karting you need a track. Anyone know of an airbase we could borrow?
Though I could easily introduce Autotesting and trials,
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2007
Collins, keep me posted, I may well be there.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by tnaidaR(f): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
deb:

Why don't you come home and help enact the racing sports in Nigeria?

There are so many things left undone in that country and you thinking about this? WE love to start but we never care to get half way let alone finish.

Racing sport ko!
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2007
tnaidaR:

There are so many things left undone in that country and you thinking about this? WE love to start but we never care to get half way let alone finish.

Racing sport ko!

Well sweetheart, now's the time to make a difference, don't you think?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by tnaidaR(f): 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2007
Siena:

Well sweetheart, now's the time to make a difference, don't you think?

I beg your pardon? Make a difference? Darlin, there are far more major issues to tackle in Nigeria. This sport is the least of our worries. FG won't even consider this a matter of concern.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 9:01am On Aug 15, 2007
Motorsport brings a wealth of associated industry and skills, 1 strong race circuit provides employment, industry and can support quite a large local area wiith a stable economy - it also brings prestige and allows opportunities based on that, the sports links to engineering and education are well documented. Its also quite non-political which means that national politics / religion etc are left at the door and the cars do the talking.

Sport is usually a positive thing that can have a wider positive effect on a society. Some of Nigerias problems could be helped by having motorsport.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by aloib(f): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2007
wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :ojavascript:void(0);
Shocked shocked

omggg ure not the fastest, ure the finest, omg dude u is foineeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by aloib(f): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2007
lemme go thru ur thread, noticed the pic and cpouldnt help commenting, damn!!! grin grin
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by aloib(f): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2007
lol, i dont think nigeria knows anything about racing, But i knw there would be some people intreested in it, u shuld visit and look around for yourself, definately u would find people in lagos intrested,

tnaidaR:

I beg your pardon? Make a difference? Darlin, there are far more major issues to tackle in Nigeria. This sport is the least of our worries. FG won't even consider this a matter of concern.

my dear wat r u saying, this is a sport not any kind of watever, exactly it doesnt have anything to do with politics, so please hushhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2007
@aloib A bit unexpected but thank you for the compliment

I'd quite like to bring one of the cars with me to run a street demonstration but perhaps thats for the future. In the short term I'd be keen to visit Lagos and find out what sort of following the sport has and also take on some of the Karters there to see what level they are at.

If the Haggai lot get back to me I will arrange it.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by tnaidaR(f): 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2007
aloib:

my dear what r u saying, this is a sport not any kind of watever, exactly it doesnt have anything to do with politics, so please hushhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol. . .It would be pointless arguing with you. You'll grow up one day.
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by DisGuy: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2007
Nice!! only driven the school racing car once,joined the bloody motor racing society only to be shifted out systematically- I wasn't a mechanical eng student sad
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by simplyme3(f): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
@SS - come and race with me - and i can then marry u - me and u will be racing for life, for ever on our bed. u know?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by sscollins: 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2007
@dis guy - which school was that?
Re: Am I The Fastest Nigerian? by DisGuy: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2007
brookes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Vs Angola (0 - 0) On January 11 2012 / 19 Brilliant Photos Of Football Managers When They Were Young / Where Is Rashidi Yekini?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.