Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 (35774 Views)

Emmanuel Nworie, First-Class Mathematician & Farmer Bags PhD Scholarship / 24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by brownsugar23: 10:01am On Sep 14, 2017
her mate dy nigeria dy form slay queen
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by twinklemaia(f): 10:03am On Sep 14, 2017
Teacher1776:

have you heard about skipping classes or double promotion? A child could spend just 3 years in primary and 3 years in secondary school. It is called intelligence.
My 9 years old child is starting JSS1 this September. In 4 years time when he leaves secondary school and enters higher institution at 13, don't come here and shout "ojoro".

That is where your expectations will be cut off............... No school will accept a 13 year old into universities
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by NairalandSARS: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2017
Wetin she study?
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by talk2emma: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2017
Where is she from
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by goldrushbooks: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2017
Teacher1776:

have you heard about skipping classes or double promotion? A child could spend just 3 years in primary and 3 years in secondary school. It is called intelligence.
My 9 years old child is starting JSS1 this September. In 4 years time when he leaves secondary school and enters higher institution at 13, don't come here and shout "ojoro".

Guys calm yourself, first she only has a scholarship to cover her masters and PhD not that she bags a PhD at age 18. It is a good one but not a feat unheard of. The youngest PhD holder in Nigeria is 19 years old. So don't fall apart on me.

Secondly, your child that is 9 Years old will finish secondary sch at age 15 not 13. Simple arithmetic , don't count your chicks before the eggs are hatched.we pray Jamb and waec do not jam her. Getting a scholarship up to PhD is not bagging a PhD, the op is being disgenious with the bag thingi.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by NairalandSARS: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2017
DeRay98:

I know 3 siblings in Lagos, Nigeria who all entered secondary schools at 9yrs each in turn....

No b 9 yrs den dey enter JUnior secondary b4

1 Like

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by tranxo(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2017
Amossity:
them go just dey tear tear lie for person any how for this country, how dat kind madam go dey 18year.
6years in primary skul, 6years in secondary school, 4years in uni , master 1year= 6+6+4+1=17,,,,,, so una wan tell us say na at one year she start primary skul? she no even atten pre-nursery because if she do it means she start skul 1year b4 they born her sef
Nigerian system is education has finished you. Oua add strike join am na
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by movetoca: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2017
Adebola02:
I'm not bothered about her age I'm overwhelmed by her achievement at very young age Nkechi I envy your success
God bless you my brother. I like your mentality
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by madridsta007(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2017
Amossity:
them go just dey tear tear lie for person any how for this country, how dat kind madam go dey 18year.
6years in primary skul, 6years in secondary school, 4years in uni , master 1year= 6+6+4+1=17,,,,,, so una wan tell us say na at one year she start primary skul? she no even atten pre-nursery because if she do it means she start skul 1year b4 they born her sef

It's the West sir; they don't do things like you Africans do.

See an example;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27923258

15 years.

I know of someone, 12, doing a PhD. When someone is exceptionally gifted, they don't put obstructions to limit the person. Unlike you Africans do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2017
Congrats to the genius lady. She has already break series of record. A black woman at that age celebrating that success. I really appreciate her works. More grease to her elbow.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by seniorkachion(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2017
Teacher1776:

Same with me . My boy is also 9yo and he has already started JS1. Born 26/9/2007. He jumped from Prim 2 to Prim 4. Then took State common entrance in Prim 5 and scored 72/100. His immediate older bro entered sec at age 10. Am in Abia, from there too. When Abia wins WAEC nxt time some people will start blabbing about miracle centres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by chloedogie(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2017
Henitan24:

You're right though but want to be my own boss not a politician. thanks

Good decision. All the best.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by RegentR(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2017
Amossity:
undecided
Amossity:
Nawa ooo
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by shoneye2oluseyi(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2017
This is want I want to be hearing and our telecom companies should be signing endorsement with people like this and not Igbo(weed) or drugs addicts and protitutes in the so called Nigerian entertainment industry....very soon my Yoruba people will be shout na dem sabi book pass...obasanjo,tinubu,osinbajo una see una lives..others are catching up if not leaving us behind...the best universities in established through chief obafemi awolowo's policies have been destroyed by the Nigerian system...all industrial estates established by awolowo in ikeja,ogba,oshodi apapa have been taking over by churches and unemployment.. May God.... Allah judge you all accordingly on earth before una rich even

Well if you want to know how I make 10daily online sitting in my room call or whatsapp me 07037744048.....don't mind these politicians o from west,east to north...they have sold their souls...the wrath of God is coming soon...REPENT YOUR WAYS
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by presh001: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2017
Teacher1776:

it's not called intelligence, it's called "gifted" in the educational system.... Thats a gifted child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by lordyugo: 10:41am On Sep 14, 2017
Amossity:

is that the right procedure mr? jumping nd jumping one day he will jump his destiny

Perfect depiction of the african man smh
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by lordyugo: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2017
Evaberry:
chineke!

so you mean that big girl over there is just 18 years!!!

Endeavor to gv ur kids milk at a tender age nd marry someone wit gud genetics
Ppl r tiny in ds part of d world smh
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2017
GreatUniben:
She is not Nigerian joor, she is from Biafra
Yes she is from Biafra. But she's making good use of her brain and time, whereas her fellow Ipob youths are...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by enigma2007(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2017
Good stuff!
Chai.. I am still struggling with second degree and she dey PhD levels..

Congrats girl! Happy for her mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Ladyjumong(f): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2017
sarrki:
Good Nigerian citizen
i dont seems to understand u guys

if they are caught in an act of crime they are igbo Igbos

if they do well in any of their field or bags award they are igbo nigerians.

una matter tire me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Deflorence(f): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2017
Impressive.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2017
enigma2007:
Good stuff!
Chai.. I am still struggling his with second degree and she dey PhD levels..

Congrats girl! Happy for her mehn!
you can have it now. Everything needs patience and hard work. All the best in your second degree.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by patola080(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2017
Good news nt like all dos jobless ones we hv here crying 4 BIafra maybe she should come n talk to dem maybe dey will listen to her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by DozieInc(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
Congrats to her.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by enigma2007(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2017
Johnnyessence:
you can have it now. Everything needs patience and hard work. All the best in your second degree.

I know bro! Just love her dedication and her brilliancy!
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
enigma2007:

I know bro! Just love her dedication and her brilliancy!
waooo that's nice.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Johnnyessence(m): 1:46pm On Sep 14, 2017
shoneye2oluseyi:
This is want I want to be hearing and our telecom companies should be signing endorsement with people like this and not Igbo(weed) or drugs addicts and protitutes in the so called Nigerian entertainment industry....very soon my Yoruba people will be shout na dem sabi book pass...obasanjo,tinubu,osinbajo una see una lives..others are catching up if not leaving us behind...the best universities in established through chief obafemi awolowo's policies have been destroyed by the Nigerian system...all industrial estates established by awolowo in ikeja,ogba,oshodi apapa have been taking over by churches and unemployment.. May God.... Allah judge you all accordingly on earth before una rich even

Well if you want to know how I make 10daily online sitting in my room call or whatsapp me 07037744048.....don't mind these politicians o from west,east to north...they have sold their souls...the wrath of God is coming soon...REPENT YOUR WAYS
Nigerians are always experience this failure due to bad leaders we have. The present crop of leaders we have are looters. Even the so called MR. Anti corruption is corrupt. It is only God that will save us.
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by JerryJude(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2017
OP which course did she study ?
Re: Nkechi Chidi-Ogbolu Bags PHD Scholarship At University Of California At Age 18 by Teacher1776(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
goldrushbooks:

Guys calm yourself, first she only has a scholarship to cover her masters and PhD not that she bags a PhD at age 18. It is a good one but not a feat unheard of. The youngest PhD holder in Nigeria is 19 years old. So don't fall apart on me.

Secondly, your child that is 9 Years old will finish secondary sch at age 15 not 13. Simple arithmetic , don't count your chicks before the eggs are hatched.we pray Jamb and waec do not jam her. Getting a scholarship up to PhD is not bagging a PhD, the op is being disgenious with the bag thingi.
guy, he is definitely not wasting 6 years in secondary school. Maximum, 4 years. I ain't bragging. I am a teacher and I know my boy knows things that some ss3 students don't know.
I responded thus earlier on because you sounded as if it was strange that 18 years is already studying for her PhD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / Abati Emmanuel Tosanwumi Graduates With 2 Degrees From Canada University / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.