Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nigerian Bloggers, Please Validate News Before Publishing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bloggers, Please Validate News Before Publishing (347 Views)

Buhari Validate Nnamdi Kanu Claim Of left-Handedness / Lai Mohammed, Garba Shehu Condemned EFCC For Publishing Looters’ List In 2007 / Always Cross Check Your Facts Before Publishing”, Okowa Tells NUJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Bloggers, Please Validate News Before Publishing by deturla: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2017
My Dear bloggers,

The recent spate of happenings bothered around the eastern part of the country has become a major cause of concern.

While a lot of us are deeply and sincerely aggravated about how the issue is being handled by the alleged IPOB members and the Federal government, we as bloggers owe the nation the responsibility to disseminate information with conscience and concern for the future of our country.

I have seen recent posts online and offline by bloggers, a lot of which are false and a true misrepresentation of what is happening all in an attempt to generate traffic and traction for your online platforms.

I am aware that it is your duty to publish news to ensure that your platform is the first to break the news, but I want to implore on the basis of today and your future unborn generation, to be careful on the type of news you publish on your blogs.

On the basis of the tension caused by these recent happenings, I beg you in God's name to reduce your spread of information without due diligence.

It is your duty to validate the authenticity of news before you rush to publish on your platforms. Remember that we owe our readers and Nigerians, truth and fairness in the dissemination of information.

For the sake of unity and for the future of our unborn generation, put a stop to invalidated and false information.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

Signed
Deturla

For
http://Deedeesblog.com

Cc: Seun
Lalasticlala
Ednut1
Sniper12
Davide470
Mynd44

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom At 30: Celebrating Divine Fulfillment / The Security Along Cameroon & Chad Borders Must Be Tight Now, To Capture Kanu! / What Was Ipob Expecting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.