Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,087 members, 7,838,735 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Was Ipob Expecting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Ipob Expecting? (336 Views)

OPL 245: Malami Says Nigeria Expecting $200 Million From Netherland, Switzerland / Biodun Ogunyemi: We Are Expecting Buhari’s Decision On IPPIS / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Expecting Triplets (Maternity Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was Ipob Expecting? by aybabz101: 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
I am not an advocate of violence in resolving political disputes such as the unfortunate incident that occurred last week in the eastern part of Nigeria. But this incident was not an alien to us all, in fact it was clearly written in the skies. Even my Dog ‘Bruno’ knew that something of such would happen.

I will like to state that self-determination and expression is a right for anybody or any group of persons who feel they are not treated well, cheated or believe they can do better on their own. But where and how this right is enforced is very important. I would like to state clearly that Africa is not Europe likewise the Middle East is not America. The way this law is been enforced in these continents or state differs especially in Africa. The United Kingdom might organize referendum for Scotland, likewise Spain for the Catalonians but I don’t see that happening in Nigeria-because this is Africa, things are very different.

We all know that the Nigeria army are well known for defiling human rights but I would like to question the steps of the IPOB group especially their leader-Nnamdi Kanu. Like the adage goes he who fail to plan, plan to fail. They behaved as if they are in Europe were rules and regulations are enforced . Were they expecting the Nigerian government to just hand over Biafra to them just like that without any form of persecution or aggression? Were they expecting the Nigerian government to pet Nnamdi kanu in the head and tell him ride on boy, you are on point? Were they expecting their brothers in the Northern part of the country to be safe after going after the Hausas in Rivers state and Aba? What was their plan if or when the Nigerian military comes in? Or what did they do to prevent the government from sending in military personals-because it was obvious that at one time the government will do this. To me, they were just agitating for a curse they are not even sure about.

Like I use to say, there is no Biafra without the south-south states. I can’t imagine the number of boarders Nigeria will have if Biafra encompasses only the five south east states. Moreover, Biafra would be burdened, especially economically-in form of taxation for her to access the sea in Akwa Ibom, cross river and river states. I believe the first step for the actualization of Biafra is for IPOB to bring in the south-south states into the Biafra agenda because without them, the Biafra dream is very shallow-my opinion though.

Lastly, I would like to tell Nnamdi Kanu or anybody that will take on the leadership mantle of the IPOB group to please have a concrete and an executable plan before endangering the lives and properties of Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

RE: Nnamdi Kanu: Avoiding The Doomsday In Igboland -by Charles Mbani-DISCLAIMER / Two Flaws Of Democracy Keeping Africa Caged / Yar’adua Died, Jonathan Lost For Fighting Me Wrongly, Says El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.