Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,483 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard (68270 Views)

Igbo Youths Declare Intention To Commence Cattle Rearing / Igbo Youths Launch Anti-biafra Movement, Slam Nnamdi Kanu / Anambra Governorship Election: Don Okonkwo Rooted For By Federation Igbo Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Qendric(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2017
czarina:
I know you... Charity CDS right?
Yeah, charity CDS
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NothingDoMe: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2017
mpowa:

Well it seems things will just get worse, nobody is having restraints, we've been shouting this, but it seems it's because we're weak. This doesn't pay anyone, Nigerians are already suffering enough, we don't need this. Buhari should be a father, and other parties too should shelve their swords. Things like this, you might know the beginning, you don't know the end.
You are one of the wisest people I've spoken to in this forum. I wish people like you are listened to. This is what Nnamdi Kanu is fighting to correct. A society of justice, equity and fairness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by NothingDoMe: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2017
wristbangle:

I also condemn the act of Nigeria Army but an elder needs to draw Kanu's ear to lay low on this issue
No one respects the elders anymore because wisdom has departed from them. They have run Nigeria into the ground because they lack wisdom. I used to think that the more aged you get the wiser you become. I was wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by holocron: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2017
mpowa:

This issue is not Buhari alone, everybody at fault should be blamed. This is what you people have been asking for, now you're getting close to it. Kanu has been beating drum of war, the south eastern leaders have also played politics with this and let it drag to this level. The Arewa youths and their leaders, a lot of hatred verbal attack on Nigeria and its government by Igbos. This is what you get. War is not always planned. It happens when we fail to show restraint and use our brain.

Are u using your brain by this comment? Dont you know what war is. You dont call civil disturbance or ethnic clash, war. The buck passing stops with Buhari and he alone has all the powers to control events and restore law and order, even now. All others are irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 15, 2017
Joel3:
it has begin. if the army don't go after the northerners who want to instigate the problem at hand. then we all known there is no double standard of approach. and biased which will end up deepening the divide. the war has already began and we are only waiting for a full blown war.
full blown war in yhur fathers house over yhur head ba.

it won't last it will come to nothing.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by malton: 8:07am On Sep 15, 2017
FriendNG:
Coptic abi na malton how many igbos you done protect as you promise before?

Are you focused on just proving a point or seeking understanding?

I was at Terminus when tension broke yesterday. It's not exactly what the media is making it seem. The incident happened on the street next to mine. Normally, it would have been dismissed as just miscreants stirring trouble, because that is what it actually is. But no, the news-starved media would rather exaggerate, just so they could generate a few more clicks.

Err, btw, I'm not really the kind that does back and forths. I died the matter on purpose, as is evident by my refusal to resurrect the thread by commenting on it after my ban got lifted. In any case, should things escalate, I'm sure you'd get to find out about what you seem so keen to know. For now, there's no need to sweat just yet. Mind you, I have never and will never get into any physical battles. I just speak the minds of the indigenous people.

It may interest you to know that I was at my Hausa/Fulani friends' when the issue started. We were gisting and laughing even while people scampered for safety. I'm not so much of a Muslim hater as you'd want to believe. My life perspective is way broader than you can imagine.

Think that has to be it.

Thanks for reminding me that I still have a duty to protect.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by GetMeRight: 8:29am On Sep 15, 2017
mavinc4u:

Oga, most of you are not understanding it. If this country should split, I bet you there would be a big competition among every region as everyone will do their best to be better than others; which is african mentality and it will help in bringing out the best from each region and making every region great but we are more interested in listening to those crook politicians that have gotten it all and still benefiting.
Region? I thought it would be countries after the split. And just like that, every corrupt person and criminal would just transform and become a saint in their respective countries. Either as Nigerians or as whatever names we give ourselves after the split, we need a comprehensive re-orientation as people.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Pray2425: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2017
czarina:
see yourself.... At the expense of people's lives? People are living in fear here!
if your not from that side you find your way back to your locality.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by GetMeRight: 8:34am On Sep 15, 2017
NothingDoMe:
You are one of the wisest people I've spoken to in this forum. I wish people like you are listened to. This is what Nnamdi Kanu is fighting to correct. A society of justice, equity and fairness.
Anyone who believes in Kanu needs his or her head examined!

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Pray2425: 8:40am On Sep 15, 2017
GetMeRight:

Anyone who believes in Kanu needs his or her head examined!
I believe him because every thing he is saying about Nigeria government and hypocrisy is true. So come and check my head.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2017
FriendNG:

If ipob have sense they will know Yoruba and Hausa are not enemies but their selfish leaders.
Are you different?

You all are here attacking Indeginous People Of Biafra(IPOB), yet blaming IPOB for defending themselves.

Come on, the wise ones knows that, this is revenge of killing boko haram terrorists during the last administration which Buhari himself kicked against it.

Had IPOB agitation been peaceful or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by mavinc4u(f): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2017
GetMeRight:

Region? I thought it would be countries after the split. And just like that, every corrupt person and criminal would just transform and become a saint in their respective countries. Either as Nigerians or as whatever names we give ourselves after the split, we need a comprehensive re-orientation as people.

Oga abeg leave me, is grammar I spoke; region, kingdom, aboard, area. It must not be called country as long as you understand where am heading to.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Arielle: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2017
letusbepieces:
IPOB WILL BE SINGING, WE TOLD U SO.

WATEVA BUSINESS U DO IN JOS AND USING IT TO DEVELOP JOS, U CAN DO IN IGBO LAND AND DAT IS Y BIAFRA MUST HAPPEN.

YORUBA AND HAUSA GET OFF UR LAZY ASS AND DEVELOP UR LAND, U CANNOT HOPE ON UR FELLOW MAN FOREVER.

LONG LIVE NNAMDI KANU.
Another misguided developer. Swallowing hook line and sinker what he's been fed and regurgitating the rubbish. Which fellow man are the Yoruba's and Hausas depending on? The igbos? Because the igbos are totally self reliant, right? The same people that have lived and traded peacefully in every nook and cranny of Nigeria. I doubt there is any hamlet in Nigeria that you won't find at least one igbo family. Some having lived there for generations. Why don't you go and live in your own undeveloped states and communities? Why do us the favour of 'developing' our land? Read, the whole country, since you people are in every corner. It is unfair statements such as this that cause people to be angry. Is it because the rest of the country is not reacting to the hateful, abusive and inflammatory speeches of your god kanu like the northerners? I have Igbo relatives. My mother suffered from the hands of Nigerian soldiers because they believed she was Igbo. She looked Igbo, spoke Igbo and had relatives from abakaliki. So they derogatorily called her Wawa. And gave her a tough time during the occupation of her village in northern cross river state. A lot of non-igbos lived through it. Or died because of it. You can never get what you want, even if it is your due and your right, by abusing a whole country. It doesn't work that way. No referendum was ever conducted in this way.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by HARDDON: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2017
nitt:

This argument is unfounded and lacks merit.

Sit in your cocoon sipping grammer n analizing what has n what don't have merit while d country burns because a clueless one leads his nomadic soldiers . Heard whatz happening in Jos now? What about d military kidnap of a king because he father KANU?

I don't support biafra but i sure as hell wudnt keep quite while some gworo chewing general makes a nepotic/militarized mockery of democracy while burying his head in d ground like a dead ostrich

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by czarina(f): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2017
Pray2425:
if your not from that side you find your way back to your locality.
easy for you to say
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by oxiide22(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2017
May god bless u 4 this nice comment
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by HARDDON: 10:11am On Sep 15, 2017
Odingo1:

Is very very unfortunate to have somebody like Buhari that is a tribal bigot to be at the helm affairs of a country with divers ethnic groups.

He wants to burn the country.
Now his foot soldiers up north hv started looting n destroying igbo properties up north.

Any southerner still leaving in d north now is doing that @ his own peril!
Your life is not secured. Forget what their governors says. Forget what their security agencies says! Its a set up. Pack up n go back to your place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by nitt: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2017
HARDDON:

Sit in your cocoon sipping grammer n analizing what has n what don't have merit while d country burns because a clueless one leads his nomadic soldiers . Heard whatz happening in Jos now? What about d military kidnap of a king because he father KANU?

I don't support biafra but i sure as hell wudnt keep quite while some gworo chewing general makes a nepotic/militarized mockery of democracy while burying his head in d ground like a dead ostrich

U r not making sense pls
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by smileyoo: 11:01am On Sep 15, 2017
i blame those ibos that continue to stay in the north, after the quit-notice order, coupled with the present heightened un-certainty insigated by buhari govt, by sending military to the peaceful south east, on the pretense of operation python dance. ibos still in the north seems not to care about the stress they make their loved ones go through, down at home in the east.
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Eu24(m): 11:08am On Sep 15, 2017
For sale. Business use only.

Quarter plot of land off the major road at pleasure b/stop on a tarred road, good for commercial purpose. Measuring 113,740square Meter with Suvrey planning n Deed of agreement

My asking 4.5m

Call 09032200405

Note:

I already have 5Shops on it. Serious minded people only!!!

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Emjay1310(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2017
Joel3:
it has begin. if the army don't go after the northerners who want to instigate the problem at hand. then we all known there is no double standard of approach. and biased which will end up deepening the divide. the war has already began and we are only waiting for a full blown war.
Nothing like war. Nothing will happen
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by SmartMugu: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2017
charleff512:
It Wont Be Action Film If Your Relations Are Involved.Learn To Empathize
Na me start am? Can't I watch in peace again? Those that should have stopped it from getting this far didn't do it, so what else can a little person like me do than to just watch?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by SirMichael1: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
czarina:
easy for you to say

There's no crises jareh. The only thing happening is just some clash between hausas. Everything you read is all rumours
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
smileyoo:
i blame those ibos that continue to stay in the north, after the quit-notice order, coupled with the present heightened un-certainty insigated by buhari govt, by sending military to the peaceful south east, on the pretense of operation python dance. ibos still in the north seems not to care about the stress they make their loved ones go through, down at home in the east.

Shey when they abandon all they've spent their blood and sweat toiling for in the North, you're going to feed and shelter and provide new means of livelihood for them, abi? Some of you will just sit behind your keyboard and be typing irrational nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by Kazim88: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Shey when they abandon all they've spent their blood and sweat toiling for in the North, you're going to feed and shelter and provide new means of livelihood for them, abi? Some of you will just sit behind your keyboard and be typing irrational nonsense.

you that was dancing and singing when Army were drowning unarmed civilians because they are from Igbo tribe...
You are now preaching as if you are a human being.

Maggots has seriously infiltrated NL
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by FriendNG: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
malton:

Are you focused on just proving a point or seeking understanding?

I was at Terminus when tension broke yesterday. It's not exactly what the media is making it seem. The incident happened on the street next to mine. Normally, it would have been dismissed as just miscreants stirring trouble, because that is what it actually is. But no, the news-starved media would rather exaggerate, just so they could generate a few more clicks.

Err, btw, I'm not really the kind that does back and forths. I died the matter on purpose, as is evident by my refusal to resurrect the thread by commenting on it after my ban got lifted. In any case, should things escalate, I'm sure you'd get to find out about what you seem so keen to know. For now, there's no need to sweat just yet. Mind you, I have never and will never get into any physical battles. I just speak the minds of the indigenous people.

It may interest you to know that I was at my Hausa/Fulani friends' when the issue started. We were gisting and laughing even while people scampered for safety. I'm not so much of a Muslim hater as you'd want to believe. My life perspective is way broader than you can imagine.

Think that has to be it.

Thanks for reminding me that I still have a duty to protect.

Ofcourse I open it to prove a point no doubt about that. Sudden change of voice, that time you're bragging. Spewing all your hatred to Muslim that they call you infidel this that. Even when you're dragging kyase into it. He clearly told u,he has no problem with the religion nor the tribe. His only problem herdsmen that attack his pple.

Also bragging about how you will defend Igbos and about how you own jos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by czarina(f): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
SirMichael1:

There's no crises jareh. The only thing happening is just some clash between hausas. Everything you read is all rumours
just some clash between Hausas you say? My neighbour told us of how she was stopped at Bauchi road and her car searched thoroughly by the Hausas to see if she had ' any Nyamiri in her car ' ( I think it means outsiders) not so sure. P. S she's an indigene of Plateau state

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by malton: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
FriendNG:

Ofcourse I open it to prove a point no doubt about that. Sudden change of voice, that time you're bragging. Spewing all your hatred to Muslim that they call you infidel this that. Even when you're dragging kyase into it. He clearly told u,he has no problem with the religion nor the tribe. His only problem herdsmen that attack his pple.

Also bragging about how you will defend Igbos and about how you own jos.

Okay. Your problem, then.

You obviously have a problem with comprehension. The post you quoted addressed even these things you speak of. But I guess you couldn't read into those.

At no point did I try to get anyone to hate Islam. I do not hate Islam; why then should I even attempt to make someone do something I don't?

That entire thread was about me saying one thing and one thing only: that we do not subscribe to your hateful, violent-laden, volatile, and loathsome worldview. We would never support any attempt to hurt, damage, or kill someone on our lands. I re-echoed this many times on that thread. It beats me how you still manage not to get it.

You may take it to mean that I hate Islam, but no, it's violent extremism, which is of course, associated with Islam, that I loathe. I won't go there again regardless of whether you get it this time or not.

The part about you wahabbist Muslims considering others as less religious or godly, I did make mention of. For you people, it is a way of life. I don't want to say more than that.

Brag? The fu&k does that even mean? I told you point blank that we would never let you practice your savagery on our soil. You got a problem with Nnamdi Kanu? Then go to Abia and settle scores with him and afterwards invite him over to Kaduna for a return leg. Why would an Ibrahim be crazy enough to think that he can send Ikechukwu packing out of Jos without consequences? What more claims has he on the town than the Igbo guy, seeing as they are both settlers? I swear to you, even mother nature will not tolerate that shiiiit, let alone good natured people like us.

Do not mistaken that comment as me watering down my stance on the subject. There's just no need for strong-worded statements on this one. It's not what it is. If we reacted to the actions of every miscreant, there'd be violence each week, every goddam 365 days! That was dismissible.

I won't discuss this issue any further.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by SirMichael1: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
czarina:
just some clash between Hausas you say? My neighbour told us of how she was stopped at Bauchi road and her car searched thoroughly by the Hausas to see if she had ' any Nyamiri in her car ' ( I think it means outsiders) not so sure. P. S she's an indigene of Plateau state

It means an Igbo person.

Hope your neighbor is sincere?

You've not stayed in Jos for long, now have you?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by czarina(f): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
SirMichael1:

It means an Igbo person.

You've not stayed in Jos for long, now have you?
does it matter?
Re: Tension In Jos, Hausa & Igbo Youths Clash - Vanguard by FriendNG: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
malton:

Okay. Your problem, then.

You obviously have a problem with comprehension. The post you quoted addressed even these things you speak of. But I guess you couldn't read into those.

At no point did I try to get anyone to hate Islam. I do not hate Islam; why then should I even attempt to make someone do something I don't?

That entire thread was about me saying one thing and one thing only: that we do not subscribe to your hateful, violent-laden, volatile, and loathsome worldview. We would never support any attempt to hurt, damage, or kill someone on our lands. I re-echoed this many times on that thread. It beats me how you still manage not to get it.

You may take it to mean that I hate Islam, but no, it's violent extremism, which is of course, associated with Islam, that I loathe. I won't go there again regardless of whether you get it this time or not.

The part about you wahabbist Muslims considering others as less religious or godly, I did make mention of. For you people, it is a way of life. I don't want to say more than that.

Brag? The fu&k does that even mean? I told you point blank that we would never let you practice your savagery on our soil. You got a problem with Nnamdi Kanu? Then go to Abia and settle scores with him and afterwards invite him over to Kaduna for a return leg. Why would an Ibrahim be crazy enough to think that he can send Ikechukwu packing out of Jos without consequences? What more claims has he on the town than the Igbo guy, seeing as they are both settlers? I swear to you, even mother nature will not tolerate that shiiiit, let alone good natured people like us.

Do not mistake that comment as me watering down my stance on the subject. There's just no need for strong-worded statements on this one. It's not what it is. If we reacted to the actions of every miscreant, there'd be violence each week, every goddam 365 days! That was dismissible.

I won't discuss this issue any further.

There is nothing like lacking comprehension here. Yes from your Statement you're an Islamic hater.

Ibrahim or Aliyu can send you also from Jos not to talk of Igbo if the need arises.

You're shameless to change your stand on the earlier thread that you don't hate Muslim. I don't know what you mean by Wahabi Muslim, come clean and explain that.

All I know is either you're a true Muslim or not. I have no problem with Igbos let you know that, even as I chat now I am in an Igbo shop of my friend.

But Please if violent erupt you should prove your bravery in Jos and send Ibrahim parking while hidden Chukwu Emeka Kalu in your house. Only then I will see who really the tenant are in jos or better still join them in Abia searching buses to kill any Hausa or muslim you find. Join them in destroying Aba mosque.

Christian terrorist. Bragging for nothing.

Even When Igbo's are attacking Hausa, vandalising mosque and littering the premises with Quran, the arewa youth call for peace, the arewa Governors call for peace, the Islamic bodies call for peace, the kano youth are staging a protest now with Igbo attire to promote peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's 'I LOVE BIAFRA' Wristband As He Appears In Court Today / 32 Seater Bus Manufactured By Ex-Militants Arrives Abuja For Delivery To Buhari / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.