Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State (1626 Views)

Festus Keyamo Visits Omo Agege, The Deputy Senate President (Photos) / Ovie Omo-Agege Biography: 9 Facts About The Deputy Senate President / 2018: We Won’t Settle For Anything Less Than Deputy Governor ―ekiti Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by toyinakomolafe(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola was born to the family of Elder and Deaconess Olusola Ojo Eleka of Eleka’s compound in Ikere-Ekiti some 49 years ago. He started his educational pursuit at St. Matthew’s Primary School, Ikere-Ekiti (1972-1978) and had his Secondary School Education at Annunciation School, Ikere-Ekiti (1978-1983) where he recorded exceptional outstanderformances as an award and prize winning best student throughout his sojourn in the schools as a born scholar.

The enviable academic feat was equally achieved in his first degree five-year University education at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife between 1984 and 1989. He had his first degree in Building from Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and graduated as the best student in his set. Dr. Kolapo Olusola also holds a Master’s Degree in Construction Technology from University of Lagos in 1993 and Ph.D. in Building Structures from Obafemi Awolowo University in 2005. Dr. Kolapo Olusola started his career in 1990 as a Graduate Assistant from where he rose through the ranks to become an Associate Professor in 2009.

Until his election as Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Olusola was an accomplished teacher in the Department of Building, Obafemi Awolowo University for twenty-four (24) years.

At the postgraduate level, he had successfully supervised two PhD students at Obafemi Awolowo University. He also successfully supervised two PhD students at Covenant University, Ota; as main supervisor of one and as co-supervisor of the other. He had equally supervised two M.Phil and nine M.Sc. students, all in the field of Building Structures within the past nine years after obtaining his PhD degree. He had severally served as External examiner in many Universities within the country.

His research interests are mainly in the field of Alternative Building Materials Development for Housing Construction, Construction Technology and Structural Mechanics. He has over fifty (50) academic research publications in local and international journals and conference proceedings to his credit.

Beyond this high profile reputation and enviable aforementioned academic records, Dr. Kolapo Olusola is a very diligent, hardworking and principled leader whose legacies and achievements in the areas of human-power empowerment and capacity building during the past few years as the Ekiti State Deputy Governor has continued to attract many admirers and followers to him. As an epitome of humility, he radiates love and affection towards people around him. More significantly, his unflinching loyalty to his boss, His Excellency, Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose, the Executive Governor of Ekiti State is notable and has made both the young and old people of Ekiti adjudge him as “Stabilizing Factor” and a special gift not only to his boss but to the entire people of Ekiti State.

Under the supervision of this great achiever and with the unwavering and resolute support of his boss, Ekiti State moved from thirty fourth (34th) position under the immediate past administration to eleventh (1Ith) position in WASC organized examination in 2016. For the first time in Ekiti State’s history, Ekiti State came first (1st) in NECO organized examination with a cumulative score of 96.48% in 2016 as against 58% of the immediate past government in 2014.

It is on record that under the supervision of Dr. Kolapo Olusola, Ekiti State represented Nigeria in an international debate competition in Singapore and was awarded the “Best First-Timer Performance” trophy; just as Ekiti State was equally rated the overall best in Young Nigerian Scientist Presidential Award (out of 774 participating students) in 2017. In addition, Ekiti State emerged with Best Performance in Junior Engineers, Technologists and Scientists (JETS) in Interstate Quiz Competition in 2017; also, the state won the overall best student performance in 2016 (Science Teachers Association of Nigeria) STAN-organized Science written and quiz competitions.

It is worthy of note that Ekiti State, through the introduction of new approach to teaching by the State’s Ministry of Education, Science and Technology under the amiable leadership of this Deputy Governor, emerged overall best in the Southwest ANCOPSS-organized essay competition and attained Third (3rd) position in the National Essay Competition in 2017.

Similarly, Ekiti people have continued to commend this excellent innovator for his Spelling-Bee initiative which has apparently returned reading culture and healthy academic competition in schools through the scholarships it offers to the best students and pupils in each category of the competition. No doubt, Ekiti State is generally peaceful and progressing educationally. For this, the people are happy and appreciative of this unique being and personality.

As a Christian, Dr. Kolapo Olusola stands out in his mentorship roles as the Former National Coordinator of the Christ Apostolic Church Students’ Association (CACSA) Fellowships in Nigerian Higher Institutions. He is currently a member of the Governing Council of Christ Apostolic Church Students’ Association being the apex body of the group. His achievements are being attested to by many young people of the church especially on moral and spiritual development, leadership capacity-building, self-discovery and maximization of good talents; which he successfully achieved as the Osun State Coordinator (1998-2004) and later as the Head, Directorate of Higher Institution, NYSC and TEENS Affairs for 10 years (2004- 2014). As a mentor and teacher to students, he is renowned for his teachings on integrity, faithfulness, diligence and so many other aspects of leadership traits and of course the doctrines of faithfulness and loyalty as ways to be effective and productive as future leaders.

Professionally, Dr. Kolapo Olusola Eleka is an accomplished Registered Builder who had previously held very important positions at state and national levels (Osun State N.I.OB. – Nigerian Institute of Building – Chairman 2006-2009 during which the state Chapter was able to host the national convention of NIOB for the first time; At National level – Registrar of N.I.O.B., 2007-2009, Research Secretary 2009 – 2011 and Member, National Council of NIOB, 2006 – 2011; Examiner, NIOB 1998-2002; 2006 – 2011).

As part of noble recognition accorded this prolific son of Ekiti, the following Awards have been given to him, which include:

- Service Leadership Award by University of Pittsburg, USA

(For Exemplary Servant Leadership and Commitment to Excellence in Teaching and Learning Assessment in Ekiti State)

- Best Builder in Administration by Ekiti State Chapter of the Nigerian Institute of Building (Merit Award)

- Outstanding Commitment to Education Award

- Special Recognition Award by Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors of Nigeria

- Award of Recognition by Joint National Built Environment Conference, Nigeria

- Professional Award of Recognition by Stanford University, USA

- Professional Award of Recognition by University of Pittsburgh, USA

- Award of Excellence as Outstanding God’s Army General by Word of Redemption

Evangelical Ministry, Nigeria

- Award of Recognition for contribution and commitment to the growth of Education in Ekiti State by Shepherd International College, Nigeria.

- Special Achievement Award for Nation-Building and Grass-root Development by Oshoko Mass Movement, Nigeria.

- Outstanding Award of Recognition for Commitment to Education by Gemina Illuminous International, Nigeria.

- Award of appreciation by Christ Apostolic Church, Victorious Assembly, Ile-Ife.

- Ohaneze Award as Enyi Ndigbo in recognition of commitment and contribution towards the welfare and progress of NDIGBO in Ekiti Land.

- Award of Excellence as “OUTSTANDING Old Boy” by Old Boy’s Association of Annunciation School, Ikere – Ekiti.

- Award of Excellence as the Best Friend of Nigerian Students by Students’ Union Government, Federal Polytechnic, Ado.

- Award of Honour by National Association of Ikere Students; to mention a few.

Dr. Olusola is an ordained Pastor in Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide and he is happily married to Deaconess Janet Olusola and blessed with three precious children.

Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by FirstTImeUser: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nice
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
He was born 49 years ago (in 1968) and started primary school at 4 years of age (1972) finished at 8 years(1976)

'Interesting' is all I have to say.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by toyinakomolafe(m): 4:51am On Sep 16, 2017
Oga why can't you put on your glasses and scroll up to read again. He started primary school in 1972 and finished 1978 at the age of 10.
IamaNigerianGuy:
He was born 49 years ago (in 1968) and started primary school at 4 years of age (1972) finished at 8 years(1976)

'Interesting' is all I have to say.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:11am On Sep 16, 2017
toyinakomolafe:
Oga why can't you put on your glasses and scroll up to read again. He started primary school in 1972 and finished 1978 at the age of 10.

Unfortunately, I didn't take the pains to get a screen shot before I posted. Let me assume you are right about when he completed primary education (78).
Even at that, how likely is it that someone would have started primary school at 4 years of age ? Do I need reading glasses for that too ?
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Unfortunately, I didn't take the pains to get a screen shot before I posted. Let me assume you are right about when he completed primary education (78).
Even at that, how likely is it that someone would have started primary school at 4 years of age ? Do I need reading glasses for that too ?
haha are u are mola? In the west people start jelesimi at age 2... And if any of your parents is a pry school teacher your own jelesimi might actually be primary 1. Meanwhile a lot of people finished primary school age 8.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by Celcius: 6:08am On Sep 16, 2017
No wonder Fayose can roam the way he want.
He has capable hands to assist him.
We saw that with Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, but now Mr. 5% is back, and there's upsurge in security and FX.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by Sultannayef: 6:59am On Sep 16, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I started primary school at 4, was in primary 5 at 9, in fact, went to jss 1 at 9. My mum and dad were teachers; they kept pushing me.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:17am On Sep 16, 2017
Sultannayef 1972=60507300:

I started primary school at 4, was in primary 5 at 9, in fact, went to jss 1 at 9. My mum and dad were teachers; they kept pushing me.

You, yes. A politician in 1972, hmmmm. They did not generally go to school that early in those days. That was how Ibori swore an affidavit that he was 39 in 1999 out thereabouts and his younger sister was known to be 41.
Just saying.
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by omowolewa: 8:57am On Sep 16, 2017
Kudos
Re: Citation Of Dr. Kolapo Olubunmi Olusola The Deputy Governor, Ekiti State by toyinakomolafe(m): 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
Kudos for the level of your ignorance. I started primary one at age 5 and my mother was saying I started school late. For your information, this man was not a politician, his father and mother were both school teachers both retired now. Majority of people here in Ekiti started at that age. This is not new bro[Qqquote author=IamaNigerianGuy post=60509194]

You, yes. A politician in 1972, hmmmm. They did not generally go to school that early in those days. That was how Ibori swore an affidavit that he was 39 in 1999 out thereabouts and his younger sister was known to be 41.
Just saying.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Aiye And Eiye Cultists Go On Rampage In Ekiti, Young Man Shot Dead. Graphic Pics / British Igbos : Do You Feel Biafran Or Nigerian? / Tinubu Under Fresh Pressure To Quit APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.