Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723002 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by itv17(f): 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
Glokit:

If it get deleted... We will open another one grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Do you indeed speak of IRELAND ? That little spot behind the England?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2018
itv17:

Do you indeed speak of IRELAND ? That little spot behind the England?

You have a problem with Ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by itv17(f): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
pristine88:

You have a problem with Ireland?

No, not at all..! I just wondered if there is some place in Africa with the same name. There once was rumours that all refugees who come from Ghana are provided with a car when they arrive in the Irish Republic. That was a hoax.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Glokit(m): 11:56am On Jan 08, 2018
niyogeol:
Your admission letter, health insurance, Pta, sometimes evidence that you have booked a temporary accommodation.
I just chatted Mr Ciarán, Griffith regional marketer for africa Europe and Asia. He said the what they will require at the immigration point is just the international passport. And I think for those going to Griffith this January have gotten necessary info... Abt Dublin, transportation, accommodation, school map and co.

Please the information was not to counter the previous post... Just passing info
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hi, thanks so much for this. Just need to clarify, what do you mean by backpackers place?

niyogeol:
Hello Pristine88, happy new year and welcome to Dublin in advance.

My little advice to you:

If you don't have a place to stay for the interim before getting your own place, ensure you book a temporary accommodation with any of the backpackers place, because you might be asked if you have a place to stay at the Port of entry.

Ensure you bring basic things you need for the first 2-3 months because you might not find it funny buying some of these things with your naira induced euro. Things like detergent, if you a female, get your monthly uniform - I hope you understand what I mean by this.

As regards accommodation, its pretty expensive here. So it is not out of place to stay in a place that is an hour or less by bus to your school. What I mean is that you shouldn't be too fixed on getting accommodation at the city center as it is usually more expensive. Just ensure you get a place that is on a frequent bus route.

If you are a lover of your naija home made food(s), ensure you come with the necessary food stuffs useful in preparation of such.

This is all I can remember for now. Do feel free to ask any question(s).

Failte to Dublin in advance.

Regards.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by RAY12345(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hello All,

Pls, is there any one in or knows about Limerick here?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
Glokit:

I just chatted Mr Ciarán, Griffith regional marketer for africa Europe and Asia. He said the what they will require at the immigration point is just the international passport. And I think for those going to Griffith this January have gotten necessary info... Abt Dublin, transportation, accommodation, school map and co.

Please the information was not to counter the previous post... Just passing info

Oga GLOKIT.... these your infos you're always passing; There is GOd ooo
Immigration officers are between 5-10 at the point of entry. What A wil ask maybe different from what B will ask you.

For all our clients processed for 2017-2018 we actually made sure they had a confirmed temporary address before leaving Nigeria.

I wish you all the very best , but it is always advisable to listen and learn sha.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
RAY12345:
Hello All,

Pls, is there any one in or knows about Limerick here?

What would you like to know; however, can I ask how many Universities you intend applying to?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
princenakel:
Hi, thanks so much for this. Just need to clarify, what do you mean by backpackers place?

Check out homestay.com

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
Glokit:

LOL... You best carry your school docs in your hand luggage to avoid delay or stories that touch...it shouldn't be a big deal
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Glokit(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
pristine88:

LOL... You best carry your school docs in your hand luggage to avoid delay or stories that touch...it shouldn't be a big deal

grin grin grin grin grin.... That's common sense...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
[
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2018
Backpackers are hostels offering temporary accommodation not more than 14 days at a stretch. Kinlay, Abraham hostel and Egali to mention but a few can be found in Dublin. It is advisable to book via mail or phone.

If you will be staying or arriving towards the weekend, ensure you pay to cover the weekend before a Friday because prices are higher for weekends than week days. Like I said earlier, this is not important if you have someone who will/can accommodate you before getting a place for yourself.
princenakel:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by RAY12345(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
ICaSNg:

What would you like to know; however, can I ask how many Universities you intend applying to?

Thanks for the reply. Basically, i would like to know about the IT job opportunities in Limerick, cost of living as compared to Dublin.
Regarding the no of Unis, since there are some Unis that do not require app fee, i may be applying to some of them but i have a preference for Unis in Dublin based on what i've been reading about the opportunities there.

Best rgds
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by RAY12345(m): 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2018
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by cnonwnuwsp17: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2018
ICaSNg:

Oga GLOKIT.... these your infos you're always passing; There is GOd ooo
Immigration officers are between 5-10 at the point of entry. What A wil ask maybe different from what B will ask you.

For all our clients processed for 2017-2018 we actually made sure they had a confirmed temporary address before leaving Nigeria.

I wish you all the very best , but it is always advisable to listen and learn sha.

Cheers

Is a hostel considered temporary accommodation?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2018
cnonwnuwsp17:

Is a hostel considered temporary accommodation?

Yes sir.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mayorelnino(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
pls I will like to know how long it takes to get admission from Irish schools after application. thanks.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
mayorelnino:
pls I will like to know how long it takes to get admission from Irish schools after application. thanks.
I'm no expert but i think depends on the school in question. Provide the school and someone might have an idea of the average response time.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
mayorelnino:
5days to 6 weeks depending on University.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by RAY12345(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
ICaSNg:

Hello ICaSNg, i didn't hear from you again after answering your question. Kindly reply.

Regards
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2018
[.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by RAY12345(m): 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
ICaSNg:

Also, Limerick is not in Dublin I hope you're aware - you seem to be sending mixed information or am just too confused to understand you:
you mentioned you prefer Dublin cos of opportunities there but then you are making enquires about universities in limerick... Am lost or maybe am just tired (its been a long day for me).

Hello boss, You totally misconstrued my words. Even tho your choice of words seem hurtful, I'll just assume it's as a result of the bolded. Anyways, thanks once again for taking out time to reply.

Regards
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys, I'll like to understand more about the education gap. I want to know if it just applies to just post graduate.
This is what i mean:
I have a 3 year gap between high school and university but none after university. Would this affect me negatively in any way?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by cnonwnuwsp17: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
princenakel:
Hi guys, I'll like to understand more about the education gap. I want to know if it just applies to just post graduate.
This is what i mean:
I have a 3 year gap between high school and university but none after university. Would this affect me negatively in any way?

The educational gap is for after University studies, not after sec school

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mayorelnino(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
princenakel:

I'm no expert but i think depends on the school in question. Provide the school and someone might have an idea of the average response time.
okay. Dublin institute of technology and university of Limerick. pls I will like to know how long it takes this schools to offer admission. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
RAY12345:

Hello boss, You totally misconstrued my words. Even tho your choice of words seem hurtful, I'll just assume it's as a result of the bolded. Anyways, thanks once again for taking out time to reply.

Regards

Apologies bro....
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
[q
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mayorelnino(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
ICaSNg:

DIT average response / issue of offer is 8-10 working days. exceptional cases however apply where they may not issue an offer for 8-10 weeks; had a similar experience last year oftentimes this is due to limited space on the program or scheduling of interviews with applicants.

For limerick 8 working days to 15 working days.

thanks boss.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys, I've got 2 questions:
1. Is there a standard visa type (single or multiple entry visa) to select when applying for the study visa?
2. Does anyone know how Griffith College handles the medical insurance? I read that the school will provide medical insurance for the students, so how do you include that when applying for visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2018
[
Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2018
[b] D

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.