Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722894 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nairacountry(m): 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
ICaSNg:

Oga you just got to Ireland like 30 secs ago ... lol lets see how you'll feel in the next 6-9 months.

Cheers

Lol.
Please does Griffith Private school requires PTE-A for admission? What are their requirements for Post Grad studies? Do they accept HND though with PGD into their Masters level?

Thanks for your efforts

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Glokit(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2018
Everything na like movie o.... Protocol everywhere,.. Even for u to see me u gatz book appointment grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2018
[q
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2018
Gen
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bisodun1: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
Good Afternoon house please what are the major benefits of studying(masters) in ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
bisodun1:
Good Afternoon house please what are the major benefits of studying(masters) in ireland?
post work visa 2 years
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by uk101: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
Alikote:
post work visa 2 years

I guess with minimum wage of €30,000/annum for non Eu with what i heard?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2018
ICaSNg:
HND Qualifications ---Do we stand a chance to study in Ireland ?
==================================================

I'll be addressing getting an admission offer in Irish Universities with a Higher National Diploma (HND) Result today.

I've received significant number of queries which includes: Can a HND graduate apply to
study in Ireland? to Duration of studies for HND graduates.

Yes, as a HND graduate you can study almost anywhere in the world once you have the required funds available. Securing an admission offer for HND graduate is similar to BSc gradautes with a third class degree especially for Republic of Ireland and Canada .

Such can either opt for a top-up degree which can be between 1 to 2 years or a 1 year Postgraduate diploma (PGD) route.
Because unlike the UK, Ireland offers a 4 year undergraduate program for BSc-Honours (unlike the UK where BSc is 3 years); depending on your transcripts or grades , you can be offered 1-year top up degree or 2 years if your results are not satisfactory enough.

Some Universities however have the PGD route available to both HND qualification holders or 3rd Class BSc graduates; program duration is 1 year and you still entitled to the post-study work visa if you successfully complete your program.

FAQs
====
1. Ireland has 2 categories of BSc - Ordinary BSc- level 7 (Program duration is 3 years) and BSc Honors- level 8 (Program duration is 4 years)
Post-study work visa for bachelors degree is 1 year.

2. PGD : Postgraduate diploma in Ireland is equivalent to NFQ Level 9 similar to MA/MSc/MBA - hopefully this category is also entitled to 2 years work permit after graduation.

3. It is worthwhile to mention that studying in Ireland in terms of financial capability is similar to the UK especially when it comes to Tuition fees and living costs.
4. Tuition fees for UG programs in Ireland is between EUR 10,500 and up to EUR 35,000 per year depending on your choice of program or University.

5. Living costs is between EUR 7,000 AND EUR 11,000 depending on where your University is. If in Dublin City, you're expected to have EUR 11,000 to cover your living expenses for duration of your Postgraduate program.

Application/Admission requirements (As I've earlier stated in the Thread) is similar for either UG or PG programs :

1. CV
2. SOP
3. O-level results
4. Transcripts
5. Valid passport datapage
6. Passport photograph
7. 6-months bank statement ; Yours or your sponsor (This should show proof you have enough in Naira equivalent to cover both your Tuition fees and living expenses).
8. Application charges as stated by individual University
9. English proficiency test results *** Should be less than 2 years at the time of application---Exception however if you currently hold a bachelors degree from the UK, US or Canada.

Best Regards

Thanks man, what about those that do not have the financial might but satisfy other criteria, any hope for full funding?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stdaviding(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
To everyone studying in Ireland, pls is the post study permit automatic or one still needs to meet some conditions?
2. Can one recoup the tuition fees within these period via legitimate jobs?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Thanks man, what about those that do not have the financial might but satisfy other criteria, any hope for full funding?

That will be based on individual university with regards to scholarships available and criteria for selection.

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
Stdaviding:
To everyone studying in Ireland, pls is the post study permit automatic or one still needs to meet some conditions?
2. Can one recoup the tuition fees within these period via legitimate jobs?

The 2 years post study work visa is automatic for level 9 graduates and yes , minimum wage in Ireland is 9 euro per hour. In 2 years you should at least be able to recoup the amount spent and even more once you get a permanent job role. However, this is all totally dependant on how hardworking you are as a person.

Don't expect anything to be given to you on a platter.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2018
uk101:

I guess with minimum wage of €30,000/annum for non Eu with what i heard?

The 2 years work permit is automatic. However to further extend your work permit after the 2 years , you should be able to land a full-time employment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
The two (2) years is not given at a time. One year first. When going for the second year, one has to show evidence that one has made attempt to get a job,
Internship, interview(s) invite whilst the first 1 year lasted.
ICaSNg:

The 2 years work permit is automatic. However to further extend your work permit after the 2 years , you should be able to land a full-time employment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zemanova: 11:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ok guys, I need help in making decision , I got admitted into Dublin business school and also into westcliff university California USA which also offer me 2 years working permit after school, I don't know which one to has the best post study benefits. Pls guys,need some help here.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:17am On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=Zemanova post=64851067]Ok guys, I need help in making decision , I got admitted into Dublin business school and also into westcliff univ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 9:42am On Feb 07, 2018
Irish Universities and Visa office will be in Lagos next week (Feb) and March for Abuja for admissions and updates on required documents for visa application.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nairacountry(m): 6:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
ICaSNg:
Irish Universities and Visa office will be in Lagos next week (Feb) and March for Abuja for admissions and updates on required documents for visa application.

Thanks for the info
Venue for both gathering please
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Zemanova: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
ICaSNg:

Masters in US is 2 years while ireland is 12- 18 months at most.

Just so you know- the OPT in US is mostly for graduates in STEM related programs. i.e If you are studying a business related course in US, the 18 months - 24 months post study visa may not apply. For Ireland, Irrespective of your course the 12 months initial and 12 months extension work permit is guaranteed.

But it all boils down to job/ permanent opportunities, USA definitely have more opportunities.

Cheers
Thanks bro
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2018
nairacountry:

Thanks for the info
Venue for both gathering please

Sheraton Hotel , MBA Ikeja and Abuja (strictly by appointment- so can't disclose this yet ) from 5th March, 2018.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nairacountry(m): 12:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Kk thanks. I will mail you then

Cheers
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Alore: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
ICaSNg:

Masters in US is 2 years while ireland is 12- 18 months at most.

Just so you know- the OPT in US is mostly for graduates in STEM related programs. i.e If you are studying a business related course in US, the 18 months - 24 months post study visa may not apply. For Ireland, Irrespective of your course the 12 months initial and 12 months extension work permit is guaranteed.

But it all boils down to job/ permanent opportunities, USA definitely have more opportunities.

Cheers

Hi, ICasNg and other gurus here. Thanks for the good work you are doing here educating all of us. What course in Ireland would you suggest for someone that has HND Lower Credit in Mineral Resources Engineering but has been working in IT/Telecoms for about 14 years. His interest is basically in IT or Telecoms. I've been trying to help him search for relevant University and course in Telecoms & Networking, but it seems there are few options. Most options are in computing or Computer Engineering which are for core IT graduates.
Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lanrayx: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
niyogeol:
The two (2) years is not given at a time. One year first. When going for the second year, one has to show evidence that one has made attempt to get a job,
Internship, interview(s) invite whilst the first 1 year lasted.
can i pm you it is important
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Bamz(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Alore:

Hi, ICasNg and other gurus here. Thanks for the good work you are doing here educating all of us. What course in Ireland would you suggest for someone that has HND Lower Credit in Mineral Resources Engineering but has been working in IT/Telecoms for about 14 years. His interest is basically in IT or Telecoms. I've been trying to help him search for relevant University and course in Telecoms & Networking, but it seems there are few options. Most options are in computing or Computer Engineering which are for core IT graduates.
Thanks.

You're right. Courses closely linked to IT/Network Engineering are rare.

The University of Limerick offers MEng in Computer and Communications Systems.

You will see lot of Computer and Information Security courses which I think are for core computing students.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
What happing no more post from ireland people on expirence
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by niyogeol(m): 1:25am On Feb 17, 2018
You can ask your question here. Sorry for the late response.
lanrayx:

can i pm you it is important
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 17, 2018
How far with partime work and post graduation work in this small country of 4:m
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Heimdall: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
Right! Here's what I'd like to know:
1. How much would you advice someone comes with after paying full tuition? Enough to cover 3 months?
2. How soon can one get a job to help cover living cost.
3. What kind of jobs would you advice we look out for? In the UK, I assume "care" is the best paying job for students. Is it similar in Ireland?
4. What city is preferable to settle in, if searching for a job in the IT sector?

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Twallace: 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2018
Man! Why is this thread not moving? Does it mean people don't like going to Ireland?

Anyone in Ireland please tell us about the country and situation there abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.