Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,489 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (722034 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lankool86: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hi folks,
Just an urgent andquick question:

If the Irish embassy require additional documents from the applicant(student visa applicant), what is the usual/common mode of contacting the applicant??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
please @IcasNG when are you hosting students going to Ireland for September ?
we need to meet and greet, Septembet is almost here

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yankee2134: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Darhtwinzz:
Congratulations...was your passport sent to you? Or were you notified?
sent via UPS to my address.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yankee2134: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
lankool86:
Hi folks,
Just an urgent andquick question:

If the Irish embassy require additional documents from the applicant(student visa applicant), what is the usual/common mode of contacting the applicant??

Either through your mail or phone details.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yankee2134:

Which date did you submit your application
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yankee2134:

Please when did you apply? How long did it take? Were you contacted by ups before the drop off?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ght95: 8:45pm On Jul 06, 2018
Please how true is it that national college ireland does not accept international admissions directly but only from agents because the agent I spoke to today asked me to pay a fee if 100000 naira for processing and I do not have that atm. I applied directly already
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 12:12am On Jul 07, 2018
ght95:
Please how true is it that national college ireland does not accept international admissions directly but only from agents because the agent I spoke to today asked me to pay a fee if 100000 naira for processing and I do not have that atm. I applied directly already

I don't really know. I met my own agent at an Irish education fair in my city and they said because i met them at the fair, application to NCI was free but if i wanted to use them for visa processing then I would pay 100k.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:26am On Jul 07, 2018
Jonghyunwife:

I don't really know. I met my own agent at an Irish education fair in my city and they said because i met them at the fair, application to NCI was free but if i wanted to use them for visa processing then I would pay 100k.
Get the free admission and process your application yourself it's straightforward

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 4:27am On Jul 07, 2018
ght95:
Apply to other schools too

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2018
abuhusna1:

Get the free admission and process your application yourself it's straightforward

I already got my admisison but i paid for the visa processing .
I was just explaining to someone else.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lanrayx: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2018
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by frostfr89: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
hello abuhusna, please i saw your comment in the thread. i also want to apply but the agent is telling me to pay 100k for dublin institute of technology.
Application process cant ne found on the mainpage for january. and how do i ho about the visa application.

thanks

abuhusna1:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by frostfr89: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
Hi jonghyunwife,
please i meed youe help. im trying to apply to DublinInstitute of Technology for january. but its not on the application page and the agent are telling me to pay 100k. i find it fishy.

please how did you apply and how can i go about the visa processing

Jonghyunwife:

I already got my admisison but i paid for the visa processing .
I was just explaining to someone else.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by frostfr89: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
ok! is it dublin institute , and how did you go about the visa application(steps and fees)
frostfr89:
Hi jonghyunwife,
please i meed youe help. im trying to apply to DublinInstitute of Technology for january. but its not on the application page and the agent are telling me to pay 100k. i find it fishy.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
frostfr89:
Hi jonghyunwife,

I used an agent for my application to another school. I only submitted my documents to the agent and they did everything else. They told me because I met them at a fair, that the application process would be free for me but if after getting admission, I decided to use them for visa processing then I would need to pay 100k at the visa time. I did get the admission but i wasn't getting much information anywhere else on what the visa process was like neither was anyone providing me with templates of letters so i had to pay them the 100k. At the end of the day, I still did everything myself. They said the 100k was just for advice and they gave me some samples of how the letters I needed to write looked like. My agent was even more confused at some things i had to do and was really no help to me after paying. They didn't even tell me that all the pages in my passport had to be photocopied even though they checked my documents before i submitted. It was when I got to the application centre that I found out.

Contact the school directly and ask them how you can apply. If they insist you need an agent then find one or wait till there is an education fair in your city. It may be free or there would be some discount.
If you get to the visa stage, do it yourself. Ask those you already know for samples of letters and other requirements needed.
I'm still waiting for my visa approval.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Does anyone know If we can track visa application and decisions online like other countries do? It doesn't seem to work here but people in other places can.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
frostfr89:
hello abuhusna, please i saw your comment in the thread. i also want to apply but the agent is telling me to pay 100k for dublin institute of technology.
Application process cant ne found on the mainpage for january. and how do i ho about the visa application.

thanks

Hope you have your English test ready and if so go to UKEAS in 76 Opebi Ikeja they will get you admission within a week for free and help you with your visa application for free too since you are finding it difficult to do it yourself and they are accredited agent to many Irish universities thereby they can get you admission to 3 schools within two weeks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by rocklodge(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
frostfr89:
Hi jonghyunwife,

Dear Brother/sister
Stop jumping around looking for January apply button in DIT site, they just closed there Sept application in middle or late June so they cannot bring out January apply button so soon. All u need now is get Ur English test result ready and write a good sop for Ur admission, wait till around ember month and check back the DIT site. U will certainly see what ur looking for. Apply then. DIT admission takes 2weeks to come out. However if u still need to give someone the 100k, u can dash me one-tenth....Lol.. As I know, no agent will give u this info on platter of help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by adiyadee: 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
@dejidaniel
Please would like to find out more about the submission process. i want to do mine soonest.
Can a notarized copy of my documents be allowed in place of original copies?
And i am being sponsored by my dad although i have job, do i still need to provide my personal bank statement other than that of my father?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sledgeunited: 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2018
frostfr89:

thanks

Hi! I’d get you admission in 1 week without you breaking bank. As long as you have the required documents. You can send me a mail; sledgeunited@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by frostfr89: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
wow! thanks a million.

abuhusna1:

Hope you have your English test ready and if so go to UKEAS in 76 Opebi Ikeja they will get you admission within a week for free and help you with your visa application for free too since you are finding it difficult to do it yourself and they are accredited agent to many Irish universities thereby they can get you admission to 3 schools within two weeks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lankool86: 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
adiyadee:
@dejidaniel
Please would like to find out more about the submission process. i want to do mine soonest.
Can a notarized copy of my documents be allowed in place of original copies?
And i am being sponsored by my dad although i have job, do i still need to provide my personal bank statement other than that of my father?

To answer your first question, ALL documents MUST be originals.

Since you are sponsored by your father, he needs to provide you with a notarised signed letter of sponsorship

As yu have stated you are working currently, you need to collect 1)a letter from your employer on a letter headed paper of the employer which includes their contacts details (phone number which is land line, email and website which all can be verified)
. As evidence that you are working yiou also need to include 2)pay slips
3) as well as bank statement (since pressumably ur salary is paid into ur bank account) .

I do hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Oluwatoyosee: 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello
Please I've been a silent reader of this thread and I have learnt a lot from it. Please I would like to know the monthly cost of living or estimate for an international student in UCD or Dublin in general.how much would an average Nigerian student residing in Dublin spend monthly? I would really appreciate it if I get a response...thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Darhtwinzz: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2018
So I got my Irish Visa yesterday after the long long wait. It was delivered to my house and the wait is over
For those that would ask when I applied its since may 24/25 in Abuja..preparations can now start grin
Fellow NCI students Let's know each other.

7 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Yankee2134: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
Darhtwinzz:
So I got my Irish Visa yesterday after the long long wait. It was delivered to my house and the wait is over
For those that would ask when I applied its since may 24/25 in Abuja..preparations can now start grin

Congrats. What's course? Also, NCI. let connect.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Twetwi: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
Darhtwinzz:

Congrats, did u submit any document on accommodation?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
I have gotten admission for January start at NCI.. will start visa application around October. The issue I’m having is accommodation as most of the contracts are starting from August/September. I wouldn’t want to share, so looking to get a 1 Bed, but I’m not really seeing any matches as most of them are 4/5 bedrooms shared. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by galala123(m): 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hello,

A friend of mine got admitted to Institute of Technology, Carlow as well as Griffith College Dublin to study Higher Diploma in Computing.

He is very confused as to which one to accept so he wants to get advice from someone already on ground in Ireland.

He prefers the Institute of Technology, Carlow which offers a 3 month placement at the end of the program (12 months). Griffith College program is 9 months.

Kindly advise with respect to Job opportunities for gaining work experience, cost of living in Ireland vs Carlow and college Ranking (From our online survey, Carlow seems to be ranked higher).

Urgent advice will be appreciated as time is of the essence per visa application.

Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jonghyunwife: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Darhtwinzz:

Congrats. Did you get an official email or text along with it or phone call or the courier people just showed up?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by galala123(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
A friend of mine got admitted to Institute of Technology, Carlow as well as Griffith College Dublin to study Higher Diploma in Computing.

He is very confused as to which one to accept so he wants to get advice from someone already on ground in Ireland.

He prefers the Institute of Technology, Carlow which offers a 3 month placement at the end of the program (12 months). Griffith College program is 9 months.

Kindly advise with respect to Job opportunities for gaining work experience, cost of living in Ireland vs Carlow and college Ranking (From our online survey, Carlow seems to be ranked higher).

Urgent advice will be appreciated as time is of the essence per visa application.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.