Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,834 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses (423 Views)

IPOB: Army Search Hotels In Umuahia Ahead Of My Parents' Burial - Nnamdi Kanu / IPOB: Army Can’t Prevent Us, Nnamdi Kanu From Attending Parents' Burial / Biafra: Atiku Speaks On IPOB, Army Clash In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by massinola(m): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2017
By Anthony Ogbonna Amnesty International (AI) has said that it is investigating the clash between the Nigerian Army and members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in Umuahia, Abia state from last week’s Sunday.
The organization, in a statement signed by its Director in Nigeria, Osai Ojigho, said it is deeply concerned with the reports of cases of violence and illegal loss of lives following the clashes, cautioning the Nigerian army on the use of force on what it called armless civilians.
Amnesty International said in November 2016, it “published details of an investigation discovering mass extrajudicial executions and other serious violations” by the Nigerian security forces during peaceful demonstrations by Biafran activists and other gatherings. It said IPOB emerged in 2012 and campaigned for an Independent Biafran state almost 50 years ago and continuing, with an attempt to establish a Biafran state that, however, led to a civil war from 1967 to 1970. It therefore said, with the recent reports of rights abuses in Abia, it is calling for the prioritization of the protection of the lives of the people by the Nigerian government. It also said the Nigerian authorities should rein in on the security forces and ensure accountability after reports of violence. “We are deeply concerned by reports of violence and alleged loss of lives across Nigeria following clashes between the Nigerian military and supporters of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Umuahia, Abia state. “We are calling on the authorities to ensure the security forces prioritize the protection of people and avoid excessive force. We are investigating all allegations of human rights violations and urge the authorities to investigate and quickly bring those suspected of unlawful killings and other serious violations to justice,” Ojigho said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/ipobarmy-clash-amnesty-international-cautions-military-says-investigating-abuses/

Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by Franzinni: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
I do not support the NA centipede dance in the SE but ...the IGBO people need to take a freaking chill pill!!! The same kanu that is pushing y'all to the edge of the cliff is doing it with a parachute on!!!

Well I am only talking because I care...some people will soon come and say Afonja! And other insults ...Wetin be my own ...
Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by Totodude: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good, they should please investigate
Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by Lajet: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good one from Amnesty International i know that this topic will never move to Front Page since the topic is not against Igbo or IPOB
Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by tossie101(f): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Franzinni:
I do not support the NA centipede dance in the SE but ...the IGBO people need to take a freaking chill pill!!! The same kanu that is pushing y'all to the edge of the cliff is doing it with a parachute on!!!

Well I am only talking because I care...some people will soon come and say Afonja! And other insults ...Wetin be my own ...

Stale!!
Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by Temidayo9(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
They can Only advice and caution Nigerian Govt. But that will not bring back the lost soul. Peace is precious
Re: Ipob/army Clash: Amnesty International Cautions Military, Investigating Abuses by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2017

(1)

Ig Of Police Deploys Mobile Force Against Ipob / Biafra: Southeast Governors Beg Buhari To Withdraw Soldiers / Funny Biafrans Always Making Mouth..watch Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.