Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo (1213 Views)

Biafra: Osinbajo Should Meet Nnamdi Kanu, Agitators Not Political Elites – Peter / Seven Photos Nigerian Police Would Want Removed From Internet / 3 Likely Sureties Who May Stand In To Meet Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions (2) (3) (4)

Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Tiwaz2: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says he really want to meet IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu and talk to him.

Obasanjo stated this during an interview with Newsweek Magazine.

Ironically, Kanu, had in the past called Obasanjo an “evil man”.

READ ALSO: South-East govs Proscribe IPOB’s Activities, Insists Anambra Election Must Hold

The former President said, “I don’t see anything wrong in that (Buhari meeting with Kanu). I would not object to that; if anything, I would encourage it.

“I would want to meet Kanu myself and talk to people like him, people of his age, (and ask) ‘What are your worries?’ Not only from the South-East but from all parts of Nigeria.”

Obasanjo, who led the final offensive that brought the civil war to an end in 1970, said he had seen too many wars and it was time for Nigeria to move on.

He said he believed that enough dialogue had not been done by both the government and several groups.

The former President, however, said secession was not the answer.

“Those who fought in the war in Biafra will not want to fight any other war. I fought in that war and it was an unfortunate war and I said I have fought one war too many in Nigeria; I don’t want to see another.

“The heavy boot is not the solution. I believe also whatever may be the frustration of any youth in any part of Nigeria; I believe secession is not the solution.”

The former president, who was also military head of state from 1976–1979, said economic development in the country was the only way to solve the various agitations across the country.

Some Igbo leaders have complained that President Buhari, who hails from northern Nigeria, has prioritized the development of other parts of the country to their detriment.

“We need to satisfy the youth in job creation, in wealth creation, in giving them a better, fulfilled life, in giving them hope for the future. There’s no easy way out,” he said.

http://www.ngyab.com/2017/09/biafra-want-meet-nnamdi-kanu-obasanjo/

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by swagagolic01(m): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
Go meet shekau

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Viergeachar: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
I said it!

Yorubas will never leave Igbos alone in this critical time.

Any online Yoruba taunting/mocking is just an impostor/troll

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by murjaatu(f): 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
I pray for peace in nigeria
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Mekus68: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
The Army left Sambisa forest where they should be dancing with the python, but desided to come to the East to twerk.

Let it be known now that they are provoking IPOB in particular and the Ibos in general to carry arms.

Second Civil war loading & na them go suffer am cuz the hausas lack ingenuity. They only depend on imported/foreign made weapons.

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by chiefolododo(m): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2017
I will comment later
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
We will do better as one! Our strength is in our unity.... My Igbo brothers living in the east, Yorubas love you. Same with the Hausas. I live in the southwest and I have seen an Igbo Omo-onile. Please sheathe your swords, every tribe or region in Nigeria is marginalized. It's a general issue. Play your game like every region is playing it. Biko, nonu, abeg.

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
Agba o kin was Loja kori Omo titun kowo. Any form of intervention that will end the crisis is welcomed.
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by EnEnPeecee: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
meet him for what to beg for unity as usual. Baba u better crawl back to your ota farms and enjoy your loots

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by BABYOLICO(f): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2017
---There was Ife/Modakeke war,no operation Monkey dance
---Hausa/Yoruba war in Ile-ife,no operation Anaconda dance
---A cult group called Badoo emerged from nowhere and killed over a hundred souls in Ikorodu-Lagos,no operation fowl dance
---Fulani herdsmen invaded Taraba and souls were lost in hundreds,no operation elephant dance
---Villages were nearly wiped out in areas occupied by TIVs in Benue state which propmted Gov Otorm to say"my people have been pushed to the wall to the extent that i may not be able to convince them not to defend themselves,yet no operation tortoise dance
---Over 400 people were gruesomely murdered in Agatu Local Govt area of Benue State by Fulani herdsmen,no operation fox dance
---In Southern Kaduna,uncountable number of innocent men,women and children were slaughtered in blood-daylight.But we never heared of this new dance by the noble Nigeria Army rather apostle Johnson Suleman who spoke up was summoned to explain what he knew about the Kaduna killings
---In Plateau state,it was a killing spray,kill anyone at sight.There was no proliferation of arms neither was anyone nor groups prosecuted,yet no operation dragon dance
---The Abuja/Kaduna road has turned a kidnapping den,former ministers,former Senators etc have been kidnapped,no operation fish-them out dance
---In Nasarawa State,over 50 police men were mysteriously slaughtered by the Ombatse people,but there was no known operation turkey dance
---The creeks of Niger/Delta is a no-go area today;the boys have taken arms against the government,killing soldiers,police,bursting oil pipes at will and sending giant oil companies packing as well as crippling Nigerian economy;yet no operation Mammy Iwater dance
---No one passes through Lokoja/Okene roads anymore,its either you are kidnapped or you are robbed;no one remembers operation tolotolo dance
---How do i count them? how do i count all the evils that happened under your very own nose? how do i explain it that of all the vices you claimed you watched from your sick bed in London,the only one that deserves crushing is the ones you described as 'miscreants' in the south east?
---Its only in the South East the military experiments operation python dance part 1 & 11.Hahahahaha!!!!
---Today you are in power, tomorrow you may be no more.Those you crush today you may not have the power to crush tomorrow.But i will still advice you;since i was born,i have never ever seen fire quenching fire.You are creating problems for this nation which you may not be available solve when the time comes.We have known you and have decided whom you are from your body language and utterances.Abia is one state you should know does not fear violence.
---Continue your python dance in such a peaceful area but also remember that pythons are not venomous but some tiny snakes are.The python may crush the tiny snakes but may not be free from venomous bites.
---I can't seize to be funny.Expecting OPERATION NOLLYWOOD MOVIE SOON

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Desyner: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
Viergeachar:
I said it!
Yorubas will never leave Igbos alone in this critical time.
Any online Yoruba taunting/mocking is just an impostor/troll
if ( yoruba == obj) { printMessage("Poster made sense"wink; }else { printMessage("Poster made no sense"wink; }
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Teacher1776(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
Obj, always playing the role of a hero. Kanu's madness has gone beyond the psychologist stage. Only tranquilisers can calm his troubled nerves at the moment.

Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Viergeachar: 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
Desyner:

if ( yoruba == obj)
{
printMessage("Poster made sense"wink;
}else
{
printMessage("Poster made no sense"wink;
}

Are you saying Obasanjo is not a prominent Yoruba leader
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Homeboiy: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
I just de reason how boko haram will strike with full force after this ipob saga
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Desyner: 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Viergeachar:

Are you saying Obasanjo is not a prominent Yoruba leader
how does being a prominent man give him the right to speak the 'mind' of yorubas?
Re: Biafra: I Would Want To Meet Nnamdi Kanu - Obasanjo by Viergeachar: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
Desyner:
how does being a prominent man give him the right to speak the 'mind' of yorubas?

All of us cannot speak at the same time neither can we all be taken seriously or even listened to like he will anytime anyday,

Only a few people like him can do the job for us all.

Army Vaccine N The Peoples Rebellion: A Silent Revolution, Indirect Referendum / "You're Very Stupid" - Imo State Governor, Rochas Lashes On Omojuwa On Twitter / Ex-ondo Governor Mimiko & His Daughter Bibitayo Dance At Her Wedding(pics,video)