Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,191 members, 7,957,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari (582 Views)

State Of The Nation: You Have FAILED, Catholic Bishops Tell FG. / Catholic Bishops Of South Africa Respond To Xenophobic Attacks In Honest / Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by aolawale025: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2017
‘You have failed’ – Catholic Bishops blast Buhari

The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) has said that President Muhammadu Buhari failed to demonstrate the promise he made to Nigerians during his inauguration as the President in 2015.

Buhari, during his inauguration ceremony, promised to carry all sections of the country along in his administration when he said: “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody”.

But, the Catholic Bishops in a communiqué signed by their President, Ignatius Kaigama and issued after their meeting in Taraba State yesterday maintained that Buhari had failed to live up to those words two years after assuming office.

According to the clerics, the inability of the Federal Government under Buhari to address grievances among different sections of the country had led to rising tension in the land.

The communiqué said, “In his inaugural speech as civilian president of Nigeria on May 29, 2015, the President sent out a message of hope and of his commitment to national integration and cohesion.

“He said: ‘Having just a few minutes ago sworn on the Holy Book, I intend to keep my oath and serve as President to all Nigerians. I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody. A few people have privately voiced fears that on coming back to office, I shall go after them. These fears are groundless. There will be no paying off old scores.’

“More than two years later, the reality on ground and the verdict of most of our people across the nation – irrespective of religious affiliation, ethnic group or social status – point to the contrary. The inability of the government to address the inequitable situation in the country has provided breeding ground for violent reactions, protests and agitations, which exploit the grievances of different segments of the country.

“We call on government at all levels to urgently address these anomalies, remove everything that smacks of injustice, and give everybody and every part of our country a sense of belonging.”

Speaking further, the bishops frowned at the deployment of military personnel in the Southeastern part of the country, describing it as capable of “igniting a fire that could turn into an uncontrollable conflagration”.

While calling on aggrieved citizens and groups to maintain law and order, the CBCN said that the government must live up to its responsibilities to the citizens in order for development to occur in the country.

The group, however, commended the Federal Government for the successes recorded in the fight against terrorism in the North-East and the release of some of the abducted schoolgirls from Chibok, Borno State.

‘You have failed’ – Catholic Bishops blast Buhari - Daily Post Nigeria
http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/16/failed-catholic-bishops-blast-buhari/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6fc4a41e2a-Morning_headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-6fc4a41e2a-227895321
Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by madridguy(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2017
tongue
Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by BunbleBee: 10:22am On Sep 16, 2017
hd
Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2017
Think Nigerians think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nnamdi kanu is starting up a revolution that will right the wrongs in this country and he deserve our dear support.
You may not like his approach but the fact that his activity is trying to change the system should be your major concern.

The rich has always trampled on you which is why Nnamdi Kanu called Nigeria a zoo.
A government starts NPOWER programme in this 21st centrury that will pay u 30k per month.
You will be required to go to work on daily bases on 30k salary.

A plate of food is minimum N300 which amounts to N900 3 square meal per day.
This means that if you dont buy any other thing, you would save 3k per month.
Your entire savings in a year will be 36k not even enough to give u accommodation.
You have spent all your years in the university paying heavy fees to come out a miserable life.
You only have one option to take into crime or partake in corruption. Your pastor will
still brainwash u to pay him tithe from the money, what a jungle?

The rich keep on stealing from you and lobbying u to queue up to VOTE.
Time for revolution should be HERE. No more elections in Nigeria until it is restructured or broken.

There is nothing wrong in being together if equity and justice is ensured. If great leaders who are non nepotic leads people to the rightful path. If corruption is totally eliminated and country is ran like every other country.

We have a country where everyone is fighting for his tribesmen and no unity in attitude. An Hausa man remains a stranger in Igbo land irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. An Igbo man remains a stranger and becomes a target in the north irrespective of how he helps his habitual community. Same with Yorubas and other tribes.

Tell me our gain in being united when the proponents of such unity divides the country based on political gain through their actions and inactions.

Your graduates are taking up 30k monthly jobs and u tell me one Nigeria. Our children are deing on seas on their way to Europe, u tell me one Nigeria. Doctors have gone on strike. ASSU on strike, labour preparing, what a country?

One guy returned to my neighbourhood yesterday schooling on Cyprus, he is an idol of the street. How many people are in Cyprus? Whats their population?Indonesian exchanging palm oil with our crude oil, what a shame?

The issue is that those who are calling for a restructuring or break up are more patriotic. If one region cannot move forward, why would every other region be tied down on this hell hole called Nigeria?

Foreigners are enjoying our sweet and we keep quite. Ordinary Lebanese are whipping the ass your people in their own land and all we know is one Nigeria. Ghanaian embassy is already choked with applicants. South Africa and Kenya same. Zimbabwe is already deporting Nigeria ns. Chai, are we cursed. No food, no education, no basics amenities and we shout one Nigeria.

Nnamdi KANU method may not bee right to you but the result he is trying to achieve is extremely important to me. This is the right change. The change we seek and the change we must achieve whether the devil like it or not. Nigeria is a MESSED

1 Like

Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by aolawale025: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2017
That he has failed is as clear as sunlight.
Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by LUGBE: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2017
The truth is bitter, thank you for speaking up

I use to believe in one Nigeria before but from the on going events, i have changed my mind

1 Like

Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by Celcius: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for speaking up.
Unlike 1967, when people still believed in Nigeria and joined the military against Biafra, this time, if the army is banking on recruiting youths to fight when the time comes, they've failed. They will not recruit, and even when they've done so, the process is skewed and unfair. Many are jobless, feel hopeless and marginalized. Many are dying already. And for me dying is more painful than death.
In advance climes, the president would have addressed the recent unrest, but for our own, forget it.
He is at the center of the upsurge, radicalization and impending disaster to come.
Re: ‘you Have Failed’ – Catholic Bishops Blast Buhari by redness: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2017
The mockery on these guys is getting stale....Well i have seen where tears finally turns to joy...

(1) (Reply)

Kalu: 2014 Confab Report Is Best Answer To Restructuring* / PHOTO: Corpers Welcome Osinbajo To Akwa Ibom / We Will Not Negotiate With Terror Group Like IPOB-FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.