Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations (809 Views)

Dr. Onyeama Chased Away From Nigeria Embassy In Vienna, Austria By IPOB / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu, Attacked By IPOB Members In Germany / Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by kettykin: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2017
Good Morning Igbos , this famous greeting style was what Ojukwu used on the late Ken Saro Wiwa when the dawn came and he was about being hanged by General Sani Abacha. i am very sure the smoke has cleared from your eyes now and you can see Nigeria and the world better.

Below were the 6 Tactical mistakes made by IPOB which has led to their devastating disorientation , disorganisation, and disfugration by handful of soldiers from the Nigerian Military.

1 First Mistake was their inability to Read the mind of the Hausa ,fulani and the ruling Buhari Regime , IPOB relied on only their Street shows and city wide rallies and had no fore knowledge of what was about to hit them , i highlighted in this same nairaland of an impending genocide coming to IPOB which was corroborated by crjane and a few of other Nairalanders forumites from east , IPOB failed that intelligence test.

The truth be told , when the quit notice back fired and failed , the Northern youths had no other option than to ask Buhari to arrest Kanu.

2 Second Mistake was dabbling into something as hot as Anambra election vowing that the election will not hold, this was where ipob shot themselves on the foot as some Anambranians decided it was game over for IPOB.

3 IPOB was without an adequate Road map, IPOB was relying on trial and error through their road shows and rallies , hoping that Nigeria would one day agree to a refrendum.

4 IPOB leadership did not transmutate into an intellectual organisation , Nnamdi Kanu was their Alpha and Omega and no attemept was made to co opt well meaning igbos into the organisation and transform into a political party like Sinn_Féin
IPOB should have opened debates on the way forward for the igbo nation rather than unilaterally declaring secession without views and inputs of igbos in the diaspora

5 IPOB was a one directional organisation with no Plan B or fall back plan, IPOB did not levitate above the intelligence of their director.

6 The 6th reason which i feel is the last straw was the formation of BSS, which was really not needfuland was born out of ignorance.

I want to point out that failure of IPOB is not a failure of the igbo race and should be treated as a failure of a goup of young men whose ideals were far from being realistic

1 Like

Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
Funny enough IPOB are still very much on the right path.

This has been the plan all along.

It's time to activate chapter8. Haha.
What's coming next would shock you. smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by SUPERPACK: 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by Webman007: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
OP How did not came about your conclusions?
Who told you that Mazi KANU is IPOB Alpha and Omega?
Who told you they don't have plan
Who told you they did not read the signs?

if your conclusions are just guess work then ....you have no point....
the next coming days will tell whether you guessed right or not.

1 Like

Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by kettykin: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
Webman007:
OP How did not came about your conclusions?

Who told you that Mazi KANU is IPOB Alpha and Omega?

Who told you they don't have plan

Who told you they did not read the signs?

if your conclusions are just guess work then ....you have no point....

the next coming days will tell whether you guessed right or not.

IPOB has no think thank, these few days i happened to have read comments on face book pages like the middle belt forum , igbo pages etc and eventhough i am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu or a member of IPOB , i was moved to tears about the comments of middle belters , Niger deltans who sympathised with what went on in the east . i became very emtional about this , i decided to make this post so that IPOB will not cause many people emotional break down any more.

This feels to me like January 30 1970 when the civil war ended and igbos began to count their losses and move on with the eastern economy destroyed and the whole lanscape strewn with dead bodies of IPOB member just because of the tactical mistake of a youth who might have genuine intention but lacked the knowledge and experience. i penned this piece feeling very emotional but not angry though .
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by Nwadiuto247: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
kettykin:

IPOB has no think thank, these few days i happened to have read comments on face book pages like the middle belt forum , igbo pages etc and eventhough i am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu or a member of IPOB , i was moved to tears about the comments of middle belters , Niger deltans who sympathised with what went on in the east . i became very emtional about this , i decided to make this post so that IPOB will not cause many people emotional break down any more.

This feels to me like January 30 1970 when the civil war ended and igbos began to count their losses and move on with the eastern economy destroyed and the whole lanscape strewn with dead bodies of IPOB member just because of the tactical mistake of a youth who might have genuine intention but lacked the knowledge and experience. i penned this piece feeling very emotional but not angry though .

Don't mind that guy. Ipob members dont listen to advice. Your points are well made and i ve already sent it to some whatsapp group. Thanks
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by kettykin: 9:35am On Dec 10, 2022
I wrote this on 2017 as at at today in all honesty everything I predicted is happening . In fair climes I should be consulting with the government or ipob on how to get out of this stalemate or conundrum which I refer to the ipob conundrum.
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by kettykin: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2022
Whoever set the market in Owerri and killed the 2 young men has killed the Biafran struggle and the hopes of reinvigorated Biafra, know this and know peace. Bookmark this comment.
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by OsuExporter: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2022
IPOB will go down as a slave rebellion
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by MrFourSHIRTS: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
Group of local mugu

Capital mugu
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by MrFourSHIRTS: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2023
OsuExporter:
IPOB will go down as a slave rebellion
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 6 Tactical Mistakes Made By IPOB And The Way Forward For The Igbo Nations by kettykings: 12:49am On Oct 25, 2023
If only they listened

(1) (Reply)

Ozekhome Rejects Classification Of IPOB As Terrorist Organization / What Did Radio Biafra Say About Buhari-kachichukwu Meeting? / Femi Fani-kayode & Osita Chidoka Storm Nnamdi Kanu's Trial In Igbo Attires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.