Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

Do You Know The Purpose Of Your Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Know The Purpose Of Your Marriage? (373 Views)

What Is The Purpose Of Wearing This?(photo) / All These Girls Who Sit & Close Legs, What Is The Purpose Of Buying Fine Pants? / How To Know The Signs Of A Weak Man In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Purpose Of Your Marriage? by asklauratv: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello and how have you been?

I would like to start by telling you this, ‘We were made by God and for God and until we figure that out, life will not make sense. This is what purpose is all about.

Acts 17:28 says that, ‘In Christ we live, we move and have our being’……What does this mean? And how should it apply to someone who is for example married but hurting in marriage?
So today, I feel like sharing with people who are married. But HURTING IN THAT MARRIAGE.
Tough one you’d say!

 What did God create you for?
 What is your purpose in life?
 What is your purpose in that marriage?
 Can you identify an alignment between the purpose of God for your life and your purpose in your marriage?

If the answer is YES but still hurt for one reason or the other, then you know that the grace of God is there for you. One thing you may want to start doing is saying on a daily basis that, Lord, give me the grace to fulfil your purpose in my marriage – remember that it is by grace….and not by works.

Now, if your answer is NO – meaning that you do not know the purpose of God for your life and you do not know your God given purpose for your marriage – it is time you turned to God. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE!
Marriage is an institution that God created: and when God was done creating it, He said that it was beautiful.
Your marriage can be beautiful if you invite God in; irrespective of the hurt, bitterness, hatred……as long as you are not in harms’ way – beauty can still come into your home.

But first you need to come to terms with yourself.
 Tell yourself the truth
 Tell God the truth
 Tell God to help you find your purpose in Him and in your marriage
 Tell God to give you strength and wisdom to build and keep your home
 Tell God to teach you how to forgive
I know God can bring peace and love to your marriage – all you need is to sincerely ask Him. Jesus says that whatsoever you ask in my name……..John 14:14

HOW TO END
I know that many people believe that there are several ways through which God can be reached or prayed to. Often times, you hear statements like, ‘We are serving the same God; our ways of praying to God are just different.’
If this was true, why would Jesus say in John 14:6 that, ‘I am the WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE and that no one comes unto the Father (God) except by me.’

If other ways were acceptable to God, why then did God send His only begotten Son Jesus to earth, to die for our sins on the Cross of Calvary?

Acts 4:12 says that ‘Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

1Timothy 2:5 says that, ‘For there is one God and one mediator between God and men. That mediator is Jesus Christ.’
…….And when that spouse hurts you, take it to your mediator – the Lord Jesus
Cultivate the habit of talking to the Lord like you would to your friend

He has been waiting to hear your voice.

Subscribe to our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzd1bspScVTsT4ZGKbOxAQg for more interesting topic and update

(1) (Reply)

Non Arguably The Best Video On The Internet Right Now / Three Men Arrested For G&ng Rap*ng Girl On Facebook Live / Nigerian Man Celebrates Wife To Be Whom He Meet In A Facebook Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.