Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? (592 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Complaining Of The Cash I Give To Her Now. Advice Please � / How Do Guys Cope Without Sex Or Girlfriend For A Long Spell / Why Do Wives Always Laugh When Their Husbands Tell Them They Love Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? by ako1tse: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Like many new wives, my wife pushed for a housemaid in the first 5 years of our marriage and that application was repeatedly blocked.

You see, as a boy, I used to work at home and my mum would say "I am not going to raise a maid at the expense of my own children" so, we did the work......you know all those mothers who never got tired of cleaning and could combine it with a career? Ehen, that was her, so please tell me how you'd sit and play while your mum did all the chores? That mindset helped me a lot because today, I will give any woman a run for her money when it comes to domestic chores and cooking (why can't you just believe me for once? I am serious, LOL)

Anyway, fast forward and son is now husband (and Commander in Chief) who believes he deserves to finally chill and enjoy. On one of those days she was pushing for a maid, I didn't get it and asked what exactly the work was to be done in our small home and family.

Permit me to share with you, the list that every young husband needs to see.

I still have my reservations about maids but I definitely know that, just because my mum (and many other mothers of that generation) pulled it off doesn't mean it needs to continue like that.

A home can exist without a maid but it's not fair to have only the woman do all the following without the man's help

Wake the kids up
Sort their beds (if they are wet)
Help them brush
Heat up their bathing water
Give or supervise their baths
Dress them up
Prepare their breakfast
Get their lunch and box it
Arrange for them to get to school
Prepare breakfast for husband
Get his bathing water ready
Have her own bath
Prepare for work, office, school (if applicable)
Prepare lunch
Prepare dinner
Wash the children's clothes
Wash husband's clothes
Iron children's clothes
Sweep the home
Wash the toilet
Wipe furniture and electronics
Wash plates
Change the sheets and lay the bed
Arrange the wardrobe and closet
Help children with assignment
Monitor children's play and television content
Change baby diapers
Make money and support the home
Help contribute ideas to husband's endeavors
Go to the market and shop
Price like a pricing ninja and get bargains
Take care of visiting mother in law
Take care of/manage live in visitors/in-laws
Be a wife in the bedroom
Our mothers were amazing, many of our wives won't be as successful as they were at mixing. This is where we step in and become amazing husbands and fathers too.

PS: if your wife has been doing the above and you don't help and celebrate her everywhere, you need to begin immediately.#copied

2 Likes

Re: How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? by stanboy28(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Som1 is always there to help
Re: How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? by LordIsaac(m): 8:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
They have maiɗs oooo...ƴet they complain the loudest.
Re: How Do Wives Abroad Cope Without Complaining? by Nutase: 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Pick Your Relationship Status / Eight(8) Workouts Designed To Enhance Your Bedroom Performance / 5 Truths You *have* To Accept If You’re Going To Be Friends With An Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.