Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers (29361 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2017
femi4:
how can another person have your pin. That's carelessness on your part

Lets assume the person was careless.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Olayinkaoj(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is not new in GTB. I changed my notifications mobile number on GTB ATM for my GTB account and it was effected within 12 hours.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by salesforce: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ok
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by femi4: 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2017
ULSHERLAN:

Lets assume the person was careless.
The bank won't be responsible for anything that happen to such account
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by SirKriz(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
pitola:

Hello, normally your card should be 'what you have' , while your PIN should be 'what you know' alone, once you suspect any compromise it must be changed immediately, no Bank will be responsible for the security of your Card/PIN.When you lock the door to your apartment you keep the keys to yourself and not share it. I think the product is creative enough. Plus it is always safe you do not have a card on an account you have much funds in

It's possible to clone a Debit card and steal your pin with key-logging devices.

When these issues come up, the best an affected individual can do is to immediately minimize the damages by blocking the account. But when the number has been changed too, you won't get the info until it's too late.

You made a good point too where you advised keeping a small balance in such accounts.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by AloyalNigerian(m): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
MISSNORA:
M tired of being single

grin cheesy you ain't tayad yet
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by bilag17(m): 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
dingbang:
Good day esteemed First Bank Customers. My name is Ikenna Ihekweazu, a Digital Geek at First Bank Plc..

In line with the Bank's move in ensuring smooth and easy way of banking, FirstBank customers can now update their current phone number on the SMS alert platform to a new phone number easily using First Bank ATMs nationwide without coming to the bank to fill phone number update forms.

Oh yes!! This saves you a lot of stress. You may have lost your simcard years ago, your phone may have been stolen or lost together with your simcard and along the line, the stress of retrieving the line weighs you down. This causes you not to receive alerts anymore after each cash transaction you make. In your best interest, phone number update is now possible for all FirstBank customers through FirstBank ATMs nationwide.

STEPS IN UPDATING YOUR PHONE NUMBER

1. Visit any FirstBank ATM. Insert your ATM card and wait for a few seconds.

2. Three options display immediately for you to select. To change your phone number, press the button for the last option on the display menu which reads UPDATE PHONE NUMBER.

3. A message shows "Retrieving current phone number". In a few seconds, your current phone number will be displayed. You now have the option of changing it by pressing "CHANGE" and inputting your new phone number. Then press send.

You will get a message saying “Phone number change successful”. Voila. Your new phone number is automatically added to the SMS alert platform. Please note that it takes 24-48 hours for SMS alerts to be sent to your new phone number.

Remember, *894# and FirstMobile are other banking channels you can easily use to bank on the go.

Thank you for banking with us.

#YouFirst.

This is good. You can as well give other banking made easy ( encouraging) information to your customers. Such could be the procedure / advantages of using *894# and FirstMobile app for example.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
bilag17:
This is good. You can as well give other banking made easy ( encouraging) information to your customers. Such could be the procedure / advantages of using *894# and FirstMobile app for example.
I actually created a thread for that...

I posted the link on this thread...check the first comment
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by oluwashedy: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
I had to uninstall my Firstmobile app due to security reasons and also to prevent busy bodies especially ladies from attempting to check my account whenever I grant them access to use my phone
dingbang:
Meanwhile, our esteemed customers who haven't downloaded and enrolled their FirstMobile app should do so using this thread as a guide...

https://www.nairaland.com/3837288/nairalander-explains-first-bank-mobile

Thank you.

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by 6UEE: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
oluwashedy:
I had to uninstall my Firstmobile app due to security reasons and also to prevent busy bodies especially ladies from attempting to check my account whenever I grant them access to use my phone
Wat are dem ladies gonna do wit your #15, 000 account balance?
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by oluwashedy: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
We don't brag. We give thanks.
6UEE:
Wat are dem ladies gonna do wit your #15, 000 account balance?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Napsterworld(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
There is a new security measure put in place for ussd transaction.. For first gtb and access bank you are being ask to create a 5 or 4 digit pin before your transaction using ussd code is being process.. Whereas if u lost ur atm card send an email to ur Bank designated email concerning atm blocking for quick response.. Napsta

SirKriz:
There's a vulnerability here. If somehow someone gets your Debit card, your pin and then changes your phone number, how will you even get to know on time to take actions?

What security measures are put in place to guard against scenarios like this?
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by ololadeking(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
MISSNORA:
M tired of being single
mee tooo,yu look dope btw
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by NeeKlaus: 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
oluwashedy:
We don't brag. We give thanks
Total respect for you! You couldn't have given him a more matured answer than that.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Jeel: 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2017
My bank should learn from this before i port
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
MISSNORA:
M tired of being single
DM things
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Lokospirit(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
Did i hear you say First bank,?? First in poor banking services, poor customer service. I have been suffering because of ordinary name mismatch on my account with them, after spending the last cash on me for court affidavit and news paper publication,they failed to rectify the problem and man dey here dey hungry, but tomorrow na tomorrow i go scatter that branch, Pls make u no just be me.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Samakus(m): 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lokospirit:
Did i hear you say First bank,?? First in poor banking services, poor customer service. I have been suffering because of ordinary name mismatch on my account with them, after spending the last cash on me for court affidavit and news paper publication,they failed to rectify the problem and man dey here dey hungry, but tomorrow na tomorrow i go scatter that branch, Pls make u no just be me.

Keep your opinion to yourself. If you did right thing at first, how will your names mismatch? You're a suspect for corruption and false information. Be exposing yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by jimcaddy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
GTB does same as well..
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Officialzoe: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
thank you.. I spent over 2hours in the bank last month just to change my number
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Officialzoe:
thank you.. I spent over 2hours in the bank last month just to change my number
you welcome dear
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by tete7000(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
ayodijex:

calm down, ask if u don't know. with Gtbank, they send a text message to the current registered one that your card has been used to request for a change in phone number and they give a number to call if it isn't you. i believe first bank will do the same.

But sometimes the reason someone wants to change number is because he/she has lost the former number, since the confirmation will be sent to old number already lost, this procedure won't be useful for such persons. It is better they approach the bank itself for rectification.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
I hope it works, i've tried to change my number but they ask me to bring Drivers license, Int'l passport, voters card, national identity card just for ordinary change of number.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
darkmarky:
Op please I would like to open an account with first bank. How do I go about it?

You seem convincing.
not only from first. Bank, Gtbank and other banks have joined too
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
I hope it works, i've tried to change my number but they ask me to bring Drivers license, Int'l passport, voters card, national identity card just for ordinary change of number.
it works bro... No more bringing this and that ..
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ok,i pray so, but must it be done at a first bank atm?
dingbang:
it works bro... No more bringing this and that ..
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by WiseFool2(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
dingbang:
confirm..I hope you have our mobile application?
How do I get a new OTP? I flashed my phone and downloaded another app. I tried registering again and was told the OTP was correct.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
WiseFool2:

How do I get a new OTP? I flashed my phone and downloaded another app. I tried registering again and was told the OTP was correct.
click resend new otp
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
Ok,i pray so, but must it be done at a first bank atm?
yes.... All part of security measures as well...
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Toscoas2(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lokoyen:

There not fools, there sud be a confirmation code sent to the old fone number or email before new number can be accepted.
If you were asked, how wise are you, I am sure you will say 100% but your foolishness has no synonyms. imagine your post about sending confirmation code to a lost sim, tell me how you will get it or sending email, what of people who has no email address. please don't disgrace yourself any further. shot dah Bleep keyboard and mouse or fone you used to type ds trash.
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by dingbang(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
Toscoas2:

If you were asked, how wise are you, I am sure you will say 100% but your foolishness has no synonyms. imagine your post about sending confirmation code to a lost sim, tell me how you will get it or sending email, what of people who has no email address. please don't disgrace yourself any further. shot dah Bleep keyboard and mouse or fone you used to type ds trash.
look I see no reason why we should kill ourselves over an issue that is not even existing.

Few banks have been on this mobile update matter using ATM its not a big deal. I only posted this thread because a lot of our customers aren't aware of this..

I just laugh when people compare banks..while dey are busy making their money in silent ways..
Re: A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers by Dfinex(f): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
SirKriz:
There's a vulnerability here. If somehow someone gets your Debit card, your pin and then changes your phone number, how will you even get to know on time to take actions?

What security measures are put in place to guard against scenarios like this?

A one time password is sent to the registered phone number.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars / Jim Ovia Earns N1.52 Billion As Top Bank Chiefs Earn N2.3bn In Interim Dividend / Transfers From GTB Savings Account To Other Banks Is Now Enabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.