Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Age Of Depression!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Of Depression!!! (352 Views)

What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? / I Have Been Having Sex With Prostitutes Since The Age Of 18. Please I Need Help! / “if You’re Looking To Marry, Stay Away From Ladies Below The Age Of 25” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Age Of Depression!!! by ako1tse: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2017
The age of desperation has been unstable for many years now. It seemed like it was on an upward climb as women became more independent minded and career oriented. As recently as a decade ago, it was as high as 30.

Age of desperation (in this context) is an estimated societal average for when an individual is likely to get desperate to settle down and be married.

Today, AOD is back on a downward trend which is now a range, 27-28.

Ladies haven't become less career minded. On the contrary, more females are educated to the postgraduate level now than there have ever been but there is an artificial scarcity in place for eligible and willing men.
Take a female of age 27 and age her by a decade. That's 37 years. As unthinkable as it may seem, a single 37 year old lady has crossed the current AOD line for a decade and as such should not be single but the reality of what's happening out there is shocking.
Now, here's the part that's really not nice. We are a judgemental society and our single ladies are not left out.
True, we have our values but life is not just in blacks and whites but different shades of grey.
It is easy for us to sit behind keypads and judge or worse, do it face to face.

"Why is she dating that poor man?"
"Why is she descending so low to dating a guy 5 years younger"
"Why is she so cheap?"
"Why is she agreeing to become someone's third wife?"

It is easy for us to shoot verbal darts, after all, life did not deal us marital delays. Yes, we can say it "if it was me, I would never do it" but it is NOT you so you don't know.

Bottom-line: Take it easy on people over things you do not exactly understand. #copied
Re: Age Of Depression!!! by Ibj50(m): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2017
True

(1) (Reply)

Psquare Must Come Back / Are You A Professional Makeup Artist? If Yes, Check This / 13 Years Old School Girl In Search Of Fun Elopes With Her Boyfriend In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.