Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS (2177 Views)

Alcohol Consumption In Nigeria Per Geopolitical Zone - NBS / Atiku Scores Unique Victory As Apc’s Ganduje Is Forced Into Massive U-turn / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by nwabobo: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Foreign and domestic debt.

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by nwabobo: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
External debt now $85.4M. Where are Obiano's vuvuzelas?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by nwabobo: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by fergie001: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
Am going to be apolitical here.
I am not Anambarian and do not live in the state.
I am Igbo nonetheless and a stakeholder....

There is something about Obiano that do not connect.
His Special Advisers aren't helping him.
Some of his utterances are unwarranted.

This is Politics and you have to be careful about it.
He has not been careful with statements about ipob,and he knows that is what most of the youths want to hear.
I am not saying support them but be very diplomatic about it. (He should have watched Osita Chidoka this morning)

He has made many careless statements in the past.

His Media Advisers do not put him in good light,with regards to showcasing his projects and all that.
I was in Lagos when Ngige and Obi were Governors and the media craze around them was awesome,in terms of projects or positive supreme courts decisions especially Obi,etc.
Forums where people articulate,and all that.

I hear he has improved security,but he needs to refresh his Media Team one way or the other.
I do not know whether its too late,but that is my honest opinion.
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
nwabobo:
External debt now $85.4M. Where are Obiano's vuvuzelas?
Yes, healthy debt is welcome, the people are feeling the impact, now, what legacy project did peter obi leave after 8 years, No salary increase, no workers employment, no civil service promotion, what indeed did the soft spoken criminal do with Anambra money

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
Very welcome development, Anambra is now being ambitious and using any available money to work for the people. Anambra is a public institution and should borrow for development, afterall anambra didnt borrow bailout funds for salaries. shame on you nwabobo.. keep fooling yourself inugo?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by nwabobo: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

Yes, healthy debt is welcome, the people are feeling the impact, now, what legacy project did peter obi leave after 8 years, No salary increase, no workers employment, no civil service promotion, what indeed did the soft spoken criminal do with Anambra money

Bros I've been very busy lately when I have time for you and Obiano, you'd know.
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
nwabobo:

Bros I've been very busy lately when I have time for you and Obiano, you'd know.
lol.. I'm here waiting for you.. You never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by LasGidiOwner: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Where is the debt sef? This one na debt? mtchew cool

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by LasGidiOwner: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
Only 3billion debt? Mtchew.

That should be the least indebted state in Nigeria. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Bari22: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Iam waiting to see anyone that blame Buhari on this

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

globemoney:
Very welcome development, Anambra is now being ambitious and using any available money to work for the people. Anambra is a public institution and should borrow for development, afterall anambra didnt borrow bailout funds for salaries. shame on you nwabobo.. keep fooling yourself inugo?

I hope your paymasters are paying you good money to be wasting your life like this on fruitless sycophancy.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I hope your paymasters are paying you good money to be wasting your life like this on fruitless sycophancy.
Why are you bitter over a simple question? You peter obi boys are always bitter cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just a simple question, mention one legacy project of peter obi after 8 years? damn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by weezii(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
Trouble looming for my dear state
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-osun-delta-akwa-ibom-lead-states-n3-4tr-debt-profile/

Lagos, Osun, Delta, Akwa Ibom lead states’ N3.4tr debt profile.

Yobe, Anambra least owing
Lagos, Delta, Osun and Akwa Ibom led the total debt profiles of state governments as at December 2016, according to the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI).

It puts the four states total debt at N1.262 trillion representing about 38 per cent of debts owed by the 36 states of the federation, which NEITI put at N3.442 trillion.

The breakdown shows that Lagos was indebted to the tune of N603.25 billion, Delta owes N331.95 billion, Osun and Akwa Ibom owe N165.91 billion and N161.23 billion respectively, as at 2016.

This was contained in the third edition of NEITI Quarterly Review, a researched publication of NEITI, which focuses on Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) disbursements in 2016.

The publication with facts and data from the National Bureau of Statistics, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, FAAC and Debt Management Office, is consistent with the mandate of NEITI on monitoring of fiscal allocation and statutory disbursement of revenues due to the three tiers of government.

NEITI’s legitimate interest in the debt profiles, revenue generation and management in Nigeria is as a result of the fact that over 70 per cent of the revenues involved are derived from the extractive industry.

From the NEITI Quarterly Review currently in circulation, states with high debt burden include Benue indebted to the tune of N49.15 billion; Edo N94.54 billion; Enugu N57.56 billion; Ekiti; N67.3 billion and Kano with N81.05 billion. The Publication further disclosed that Katsina was indebted to the tune of N30.03 billion while and Ogun owes N103.75 billion, as at 2016.

The review shows that Yobe and Anambra states have the least debt burden of N11.74 billion and N20.60 billion respectively as at the end of 2016.

The NEITI publication expressed concern that the total indebtedness of N3.342 trillion by the 36 states represented 55.15 per cent of the 2016 budget of N6.06 trillion and 45.8 per cent of the 2017 budget estimates of about N7.3 trillion.

On internally generated revenue (IGR), Lagos and Rivers states ranked highest with N301.2 billion and N82.1 billion generated by the respective states in 2016. Nasarawa State was the least in internal generated revenue with N2.09billion.

This was followed by Ogun, Delta, Kano and Edo states with IGR records of N56.3 billion, N44.9 billion, N34.5 billion, N20.7 billion respectively. The review noted that ratio of IGR to budget was very low in most states except Lagos state that recorded more than 45 per cent of its 2016 budget from IGR

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
weezii:
Trouble looming for my dear state
No trouble looming ignore fake news from peter obi goons like nwabobo

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
NEITI: Lagos, Delta, Osun lead as debt burden of 36 states rises to N3.3trn

The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) says that the debt burden of the 36 states of the federation rose to over N3.342 trillion as of 2016.

Lagos, Delta, Osun and Akwa Ibom topped the debt chart, with a total debt profile of N1.262 trillion representing about 38% of debts owed by the 36 states of the federation.

The break down shows that Lagos was indebted to the tune of N603.25 billion, Delta, N331.95 billion, while Osun and Akwa Ibom are owing N165.91 billion and N161.23 billion respectively.

This information was contained in the third edition of NEITI Quarterly Review, summarised in a statement by Ogbonnaya Orji, NEITI director of information.

The publication with facts and data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, FAAC and Debt Management Office (DMO), is consistent with the mandate of NEITI on monitoring of fiscal allocation and statutory disbursement of revenues due to the three tiers of government.

NEITI’s legitimate interest in the debt profiles, revenue generation and management in Nigeria is as a result of the fact that over 70 percent of the revenues involved are derived from the extractive industry.

The review shows that Yobe and Anambra states have the least debt burden of N11.74 billion and N20.60 billion respectively as at the end of 2016.

The NEITI publication also expressed concern that the total indebtedness of N3.342 trillion by the 36 states represented 55.15 percent of the 2016 budget of N6.06 trillion and 45.8 per cent of the 2017 budget estimates of about N7.3 trillion.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

Why are you bitter over a simple question? You peter obi boys are always bitter cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just a simple question, mention one legacy project of peter obi after 8 years? damn

I don't know what you mean by "peter obi's boys". I don't give a shiit about Peter Obi and I've never promoted him on this forum. Nigeria is a country of generally useless leaders, but Peter Obi tried by not being useless and that's about the best compliment I can give him. He did better than most governors with fiscal responsibility and infrastructural development (even though the work was often mediocre). I didn't like him on a personal level because he was a relentless self-promoter. He took the art of self-promotion to a whole new level even by Nigerian standards. Obiano is almost like him. I can't open any Sun newspaper every single day without Obiano and his stooges, cronies and sycophants and Obiano himself promoting the man.

I'm commenting on you specifically prancing around like a paid hack to completely discredit Peter Obi while extolling the mediocrity of Obiano.
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by nwabobo: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

No trouble looming ignore fake news from peter obi goons like nwabobo

NBS is now controlled by Peter Obi?

Dude, your level of intelligence suggests you are from Yobe state, are you?

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Yyeske(m): 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Children of hate are already complaining when we are not. Obiano please don't mind those wailers and miscreants

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
nwabobo:

what you posted external debt from 2011 to 2017, Anambra is least most indebted state in Nigeria under Gov Obinao, Anambra state was only state in southeast that wasn't bailed-out by FG.

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 2:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
nwabobo:

So where exactly did NBS say Anambra has plunged into "massive debt" According to the NBS report was Anambra listed among the most indebted states? I hope you also believe the NBS report that said that Anambra was the state with the highest poverty rate during peter obis tenure?
The problem is you peter obi propagandists are mostly illiterates with internet, you cant hold an intellectual discuss. YOu thrive in deceiving illiterate traders and umu boy with your nonsense.

Now mention any peter obis legacy project after 8 years. Answer this question and stop pushing fake news

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I don't know what you mean by "peter obi's boys". I don't give a shiit about Peter Obi and I've never promoted him on this forum. Nigeria is a country of generally useless leaders, but Peter Obi tried by not being useless and that's about the best compliment I can give him. He did better than most governors with fiscal responsibility and infrastructural development (even though the work was often mediocre). I didn't like him on a personal level because he was a relentless self-promoter. He took the art of self-promotion to a whole new level even by Nigerian standards. Obiano is almost like him. I can't open any Sun newspaper every single day without Obiano and his stooges, cronies and sycophants and Obiano himself promoting the man.

I'm commenting on you specifically prancing around like a paid hack to completely discredit Peter Obi while extolling the mediocrity of Obiano.
We know the new method of peter obi boys is to first say they dont even support peter obi (mostly because they cant provide the achievements they are looking for in obiano's government in peter obis 8 years wasted tenure).

Now let me ask you again, what are the infrastructural development effected by obi in 8 years?
About fiscal responsibility, how do you justify that obi's aide was once caught in Lagos airport trying to ferry 250million raw cash, can peter obi account for Anambra LG funds for 8 years since he didnt conduct any elections, can he tell us how he built his mall in Abuja as governor, lets not even go back to the sabmiller question. If you can call obiano a mediocre what do we then call obi that couldnt dualize a single road in 8 years, could mount any single street light or traffic light anywhere in 8 years, you should be ashamed of yourself infact!
Until you answer these questions and stop your diversions, I will continue not to take you seriously and I dont need to work for anyone to say the truth as it is. I work for myself. If obiano has not performed well, I could have even attacked him more than I did obi
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

We know the new method of peter obi boys is to first say they dont even support peter obi (mostly because they cant provide the achievements they are looking for in obiano's government in peter obis 8 years wasted tenure).

Now let me ask you again, what are the infrastructural development effected by obi in 8 years?
About fiscal responsibility, how do you justify that obi's aide was once caught in Lagos airport trying to ferry 250million raw cash, can peter obi account for Anambra LG funds for 8 years since he didnt conduct any elections, can he tell us how he built his mall in Abuja as governor, lets not even go back to the sabmiller question. If you can call obiano a mediocre what do we then call obi that couldnt dualize a single road in 8 years, could mount any single street light or traffic light anywhere in 8 years, you should be ashamed of yourself infact!
Until you answer these questions and stop your diversions, I will continue not to take you seriously and I dont need to work for anyone to say the truth as it is. I work for myself. If obiano has not performed well, I could have even attacked him more than I did obi

You can keep waffling your nonsense. I'm in no mood for pointless arguments backed by your imaginations. All I said before was that I hope your paymasters are rewarding all this sycophantic effort from you.
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by deji17: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

It will also be interesting to know what Peter Obi did with money in 2012 that makes the domestic debt to spike.
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
deji17:

It will also be interesting to know what Peter Obi did with money in 2012 that makes the domestic debt to spike.
Nothing, absolutely nothing but I will allow nwabobo to answer that

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You can keep waffling your nonsense. I'm in no mood for pointless arguments backed by your imaginations. All I said before was that I hope your paymasters are rewarding all this sycophantic effort from you.
If you cant answer the question on this thread, dont meet me in another thread with this same nonsense, I'm trying to stay focused cool
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by greatiyk4u(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
globemoney:

Fear God oga

1 Like

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by globemoney: 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Fear God oga
Hard to be believe but prove me wrong or..

Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by murphyibiam15(m): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
obiano sha.. from exporting fake ugu to plugging his state into debt... Anambra that usually don't owe.. this state is rapidly losing it
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by LasGidiOwner: 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nwa abakeleke where is the debt? Or you want to comment that others are commenting?

murphyibiam15:
obiano sha.. from exporting fake ugu to plugging his state into debt... Anambra that usually don't owe.. this state is rapidly losing it
Re: Obiano Plunges Anambra Into Massive Debt - NBS by Mykelpato(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Akpofue Dike emego Ndi Anambra taatii Ogini ka anyi ji isi kote? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello & Wife Show Off Their Physically Challenged Son / Buhari Sacks Obono-obla As Chairman Assets Recovery Panel / Any Good Southerner Is Sure To Win In 2019; Has At Least Five Zones Behind Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.