Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures (14312 Views)

Yale Workers Protest: Oyo AAC Condemns Police Brutality, Demands Justice / Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by vintage01: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
notttty:

You are very wrong on this.. .lemme school you a bit and maybe u will understand.
Yes other countries airport or either privatized or concessions and they are getting good result, we all agree to this but in the case of Nigeria, it can't work because of our government insincerity. On average faan generate eight billion naija in a month and collect maximum 4billion naira not because they can't collect all the sum generated but because of govt interference. By the type you pay over heads and contractors, what's left to save for maintaining the airport. We are all aware of the money the federal govt release for maintain and upgrading the airport, it was diverted by the former minister and the money was and rubish was done and it couldn't stand or rather made the airport worse. The rest was used to buy bullet proof BMW by the former minister and that's why she left. We all know that story. When chidoka came we thought oh well it's a new era but instead it was worse. From staff strength of 4,800 he employed his stooges and we rose to 6000 all those he brought were on big levels and that's more money going into salaries and all. This are all before the introduction of TSA. Fast-forward to 2015. The minister talked about concession and promised no job will be lost except those above 30 years in service and all the airports will be concessions and people that need to leave will be paid and younger people will be employed. That said we were waiting and instead of walking the talk, they went behind and employed over 2000 withing 2015 and august 10 2017. What do u call that? We were struggling with paying salaries and pensions and you brought in more people to overwhelm the already thin collection we gat. Still we maintain our cool. Now from all the 22 airports, you decided on your own that only two are good to be concessioned that the rest can't attract investors which are Abuja and Lagos airport. What will now happen to the remaining 20? From lir little savings the minister squandered so much money to upgrade kaduna airport giving over blotted contracted to his Connie's, we kept quiet. Now after upgrading the airport to your own taste why can't you try and use it as a case to of concession and run it to see if it's profitable? Why remove the two most profiting airports for concession? Tell me where the sincerity is. He went ahead and upgrade Katsina airport to international airport but he didn't look at the traffic there but instead wasted another billions just because it's his home town. Faan has spend over 31 billion to upgrade the MMIA to ICAO standard in the last 8months to enable us meet the international standard and ll dues collected because the airlines claim they can't lay some dues due to the fact we don't have that ICAO certificate that satisfy us as an international standard airport. Faan did all that from her pockets. Still without government intervention funds. Nkw you brought in your friends from turkey to run our airport, how good is Turkish airport. May I remind u that as at 2009 serika the minister of aviation was a contractor to faan. Do I need to mention that he was the one that handled anambra international airport. Yes he was the one stella odua have the contract. Judge honestly how well did he do it? Till date ARIK AIR is owing faan about 13billion which we can't collect still because of their paddy paddy dealings with the government before it was liquidated. HAK AIR owned by HADI SERIKA os ping faan. He maintain a private jet hangar beside QUITS AVIATION. how honest can such a man be. We are open for concession cos it's going to be a win win for us but we must see the sincerity. You can't concession MMIA that bring in 75% of faan revenue and leave the rest. We say no. Yes you are right govt has no business in business but that's other countries cos if we allow this thieves they will sell it all and fly private jets and u and I trust me will see the end of this airport. What has ever been concessioned in Nigerian that didn't get worse? They will concession but not until they come out transparent and we see their hands and it's not gonna be just two but all the airports. That's just few that I can type. .. Point if corecgion guys. After FIRS faan has the highest number of efficient workers. You want to debate? Ministry of character commision can help u. The facts are there to see. Staff audit 2016 report will help u. Takia in your judgement. FYI am an accountant working with faan. I'm chartered and I'm on top of my job.

Thank you for your analysis. Nice to have an inside view of things. However, all the points you made in your submission is the more reason why the airports should be concessioned. Both Faan and the FG have proved incompetent in managing the airports. Let me ask you...if the airports were your personal property, would you manage it the way Faan is doing presently? Let's not be emotional about this, the airports are in a terrible state, this model of the government running the airport has not worked and we should try private sector management instead.
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by notttty(m): 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
vintage01:

Thank you for your analysis. Nice to have an inside view of things. However, all the points you made in your submission is the more reason why the airports should be concessioned. Both Faan and the FG have proved incompetent in managing the airports. Let me ask you...if the airports were your personal property, would you manage it the way Faan is doing presently? Let's not be emotional about this, the airports are in a terrible state, this model of the government running the airport has not worked and we should try private sector management instead.
Firstly there is no point going into a business u don't understand. I wouldn't run my personal business like this. The problem we have is government interference. They employ all our general managers. And the directors. Those are the decision making staff not level 8 to 15. People that grew on the job can't get to the top because they kept bringing people to unsurp them. Secondly tell me which area of the airport do they want to concession that hasn't been concession before now. Listen to this and u can aswel do a research on it. The car park has just been concession to fedility bank group for 30years. They claim jonathan did it so they can't reverse it, all part of the cargo section has been concessioned to NAHCO, SAHCOL AND PAHCOL. Research on them. What faan is living on is the aeronatic revernues which are landing parking PSC(Passenger service charge) and the use of avio_bridge. Then reny which in so many cases lately they have sold almost all the lands to people in the name of investment. Maybe if u pass through the airport lately u will see new buildings coming up. They signed an extension to QUITS AVIATION to build a private terminal within the airport. That's the LEGEND TERMINAL u see opposite the mosque that's just coming up and guess what? It's owned by DANGOTE. Now tell me if all this things are sold to them what is left for the poor masses. Since I got to faan our managing director has been sick sort off and instead they gave him tenure of extra four years on sick bed when his tenure was just about to expire. They have technically save all the loud voices in faan in the name of right placement. Is there sincerity here. ARIK AIR has over 13billion in sent, caused by the federal government and there stooges. Overland over 1.2billion.aero contractors over 1billion QUIYS AVIATION 321 thousand dollars. Dana air 520 million naira this are few to mention. And guess what when we ground there flight, a call comes in from Abuja to let them go. And that sane insincere government want to concession. Fine it's OK to concession but start with maiduguri international airport, follow by katsina international airport then don't live out Kano airport down to kaduna and yola. Let's see how far u can go with that before the bigger ones that brings in money. Why leave all those ones and climb to MMIA and Abuja. What will now happen to the rest. Who will manage them. Leave them to rot? Let's not be sentimental here. This is not because am working there. If they concession am sure I won't lose my job cos I didn't graduate from Lancaster university with an empty head or pass ICAN with magic. But for the people there. For others that has put in there all over the years. You want to work? Show your hands and turn small businesses into blue chip companies. Then we will clap and start to believe in u. After making a name for yourself as a contractor from faan. Took all shortcut to own a hangar then u became a minister and decide its time to bite cos u have personal issues or think u have a better way to run it.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by MrOdyssey(m): 12:44am On Sep 20, 2017
SuperKlean:
Hmmm....

Meanwhile i have smsung S7 edge for sale
How much is it up for? bro.
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by raphaelfocus: 1:35am On Sep 20, 2017
All these protest me have openings oooo the only qualification i need is your system and lets lets leave the rest to Oluwa
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by SuperKlean(m): 7:38am On Sep 20, 2017
MrOdyssey:

How much is it up for? bro.
inbox me
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2017
positivelord:
I dont even understand this country....refineries, NEPA, airport, in fact all agencies, are not working, the workers there are so comfortable with it. As soon as Govt decide to bring in private firm to manage it..these workers will start protesting... na so we go dey...this is so funny.

What of nitel, post office, Nigeria airways; all dead and buried. Nobody wants a honest pay for a honest job and this attitude/mentality is what is killing this country.
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 20, 2017
notttty:

Firstly there is no point going into a business u don't understand. I wouldn't run my personal business like this. The problem we have is government interference. They employ all our general managers. And the directors. Those are the decision making staff not level 8 to 15. People that grew on the job can't get to the top because they kept bringing people to unsurp them. Secondly tell me which area of the airport do they want to concession that hasn't been concession before now. Listen to this and u can aswel do a research on it. The car park has just been concession to fedility bank group for 30years. They claim jonathan did it so they can't reverse it, all part of the cargo section has been concessioned to NAHCO, SAHCOL AND PAHCOL. Research on them. What faan is living on is the aeronatic revernues which are landing parking PSC(Passenger service charge) and the use of avio_bridge. Then reny which in so many cases lately they have sold almost all the lands to people in the name of investment. Maybe if u pass through the airport lately u will see new buildings coming up. They signed an extension to QUITS AVIATION to build a private terminal within the airport. That's the LEGEND TERMINAL u see opposite the mosque that's just coming up and guess what? It's owned by DANGOTE. Now tell me if all this things are sold to them what is left for the poor masses. Since I got to faan our managing director has been sick sort off and instead they gave him tenure of extra four years on sick bed when his tenure was just about to expire. They have technically save all the loud voices in faan in the name of right placement. Is there sincerity here. ARIK AIR has over 13billion in sent, caused by the federal government and there stooges. Overland over 1.2billion.aero contractors over 1billion QUIYS AVIATION 321 thousand dollars. Dana air 520 million naira this are few to mention. And guess what when we ground there flight, a call comes in from Abuja to let them go. And that sane insincere government want to concession. Fine it's OK to concession but start with maiduguri international airport, follow by katsina international airport then don't live out Kano airport down to kaduna and yola. Let's see how far u can go with that before the bigger ones that brings in money. Why leave all those ones and climb to MMIA and Abuja. What will now happen to the rest. Who will manage them. Leave them to rot? Let's not be sentimental here. This is not because am working there. If they concession am sure I won't lose my job cos I didn't graduate from Lancaster university with an empty head or pass ICAN with magic. But for the people there. For others that has put in there all over the years. You want to work? Show your hands and turn small businesses into blue chip companies. Then we will clap and start to believe in u. After making a name for yourself as a contractor from faan. Took all shortcut to own a hangar then u became a minister and decide its time to bite cos u have personal issues or think u have a better way to run it.

The points you made is exactly why the airports should be concessiomed. We need to start doing things the right way in this country otherwise the world will leave us far behind.
Re: Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures by notttty(m): 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2017
Xda59:

The points you made is exactly why the airports should be concessiomed. We need to start doing things the right way in this country otherwise the world will leave us far behind.
Right way by whom? The insincere government looking for shortcuts out of it all? Or the private foreign company that will not favour the Nigerian masses.. . Please be honest with your conscience

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R / The Pain Of An Accountant / Self-improvement : 10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.