Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday (1059 Views)

Buhari Signs Condolence Book Of Ocholi At FEC Meeting (Photos) / Caption This Funny Photo Of Amaechi At FEC Meeting Today / Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Jarus(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2010
President Umaru Yar’adua spends some hours every day sitting in a hard-backed chair in an upstairs sitting room of the State House’s residential wing surrounded by nephews, nieces and grandchildren who run up and down the stairs, Daily Trust learnt yesterday from sources familiar with the set up. Since his return to the country on Tuesday last week, the ailing President has been in near-total seclusion inside the State House. Acting President Goodluck Jonathan again said yesterday that he had not seen Yar’adua since he returned to the country.

Daily Trust learnt that contrary to reports that Yar’adua is completely bedridden or even held in an intensive care facility, he makes some minimal movements within the residence and that he has been seen by some very few personal aides. On Thursday last week, sources said, Yar’adua received some staff members. He sat on a chair while they greeted him and said some prayers for his quick recovery, the sources said.

Daily Trust also learnt that in the early evening hours, the lights were suddenly switched off in the corridors around the residence, and it was believed that Yar’adua was taking an uncertain walk around the house. The sources said while he is able to speak, the president is very weak and it is difficult to hear him.

Meanwhile, the tight seclusion imposed on the residence since Yar’adua’s return is very effective with almost no outside visitors allowed in. Daily Trust’s sources said except for the cries of children, there is no activity around the residence. No ministers, governors or other politicians have paid a visit since Yar’adua’s return.

However, maintenance crews from the construction giant Julius Berger, which manages the State House, are sometimes allowed in to carry out electrical, plumbing or other repairs. They only go in at times specified by security operatives. Outside the residence though, the maintenance crews continue to water the flowers, sweep the yards and trim the hedges.

At the weekend, State House officials heard that Yar’adua was about to pay a visit to his hometown, Katsina in order to greet his mother, Hajia Dada. There were some signs of preparation as cars were seen lined up in the driveway, but sources said the trip did not take place for unknown reasons.

Activity around the President’s office has also been very low since Yar’adua departed from Saudi Arabia last November. The three top shots in Yar’adua’s office, namely Principal Secretary David Edovbie, the Senior Special Assistant on Presidential Matters Saraki and the Special Assistant on Housing Development have all been redundant since November, when the president left the country. However, sources said activity picked up around Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s office when the National Assembly passed a resolution declaring him as the Acting President. Since Yar’adua’s return last week, Jonathan has also reduced the pace of activities around his office and few visitors go there these days.

Another source told Daily Trust that Yar’adua could finally make a public appearance at tomorrow’s Federal Executive Council [FEC] meeting, not to preside over it, but to thank the ministers for their support and prayers. It may also be the joker to squelch any moves by some FEC members to declare him permanently incapacitated.

http://www.news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15008:how-yaradua-whiles-away-time&catid=46:lead-stories&Itemid=140
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by desgiezd(m): 9:29am On Mar 02, 2010
What manner of president is this? One doesn't even know what to believe anymore. If this man is able to sit and to take some tentative walk around the house, why still hiding him from Nigerians? Was Fidel Castro not shown on hospital bed by CNN when he was sick?

Another report from his personal physician said he has chest infection and the reason for his seclusion is to prevent further infection from visitors. What then can we make of the little children playing around him?
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Kx: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2010
Has it become so difficult to tell a matured lie?
This man is history.
Yesterday they said he was drinking kunu,today he was sitting in a table with children running all over d place.
Tommorow he will be said to be eating tuwo.

All lies,yara is history.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Livvvvy(f): 9:42am On Mar 02, 2010
It is obvious this news is a big lie, even a child can tell its error.

All this media people sef, am sure they are selling their papers big time.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by 9ijaprince(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2010
That is d work of brow envelope journalist. A president who has not been seen in public for the part ninety days came back in the middle of the night like stolen goods. Hisses . . . If he is healthy enough let him show up.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2010
lieeeeeeeeeee
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by gidson12(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2010
This is really a childs play, this yaradua is really making fun of nigerians
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by ojesymsym: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2010
Tomorrow is Wednesday, so stories will come up ahead of Federal Executive Council meeting. We may even hear that he played a mild game of squash yesterday and may put up an appearance at the FEC meeting, just to distabilise FEC members. Of course I dont think they will have the nerve to declare him incapacitated.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by chosen04(f): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2010
^^^^^^ I cry for this nation.

If DORA who was used to telling us that the president will soon return and he spoke to this and that on phone during his 1st 60 days of his AWOL is now speaking from the other side of her mouth, then i put it to us that Nigeria can never be saved.            

And Yar'adua will never come back. Things will never be the same again!.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 02, 2010
ojesymsym:

Tomorrow is Wednesday, so stories will come up ahead of Federal Executive Council meeting. We may even hear that he played a mild game of squash yesterday and may put up an appearance at the FEC meeting, just to distabilise FEC members. Of course I dont think they will have the nerve to declare him incapacitated.
let the countdown begin.tic tac
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by naso2(m): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2010
So if he can walk albeit slowly, why have they not allowed his mother to see him?
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by riversman: 10:05am On Mar 02, 2010
my body cant wait oh, abeg wat time on wednesday is the FEC and how can i watch it online,

chei dis will be BLOOD BATH, all the Akinyuili birds vs Turai Rangers, hahahahaha, grin grin

On anotha note, i think they will all chicken out and shout "NAY" when they call for a response to dethrone KING YAR A GOAT, lol grin grin
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2010
"May" being the operative word here.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by mbulela: 10:16am On Mar 02, 2010
our sources said, our sources confirmed, close sources indicated.
I am sick and tired of all this.
grown men and women just cook up stories while relishing Odeku and isi ewu in beer parlours and pass it off to a traumatized nation as investigative journalism.

anyway, that is what you get when a country is ruled by a cabal whose expertise are lies, deceit and rumours.
I am taking a wide berth from this section of the forum and this whole Yar Adua story in the entire media.
Whatever wants to happen, after it happens, all eyes shall behold it.
i am sick and tired.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by riversman: 10:20am On Mar 02, 2010
@mbulela - abeg dont get frustrated oh, Funmi Iyanda will come to AMerica and flaunt herself as Africa's leading journalist, I dont know why she hasnt been on the "TRUTH" crusade, at least interview those damned leaders or help be on the scene in Abuja and cover the news for the common man, she did not even join the Save Nigeria Protest, yet she will be worrrrkkking all the media/political events in yankee, tell that BISH to take the back seat, where she belongs

BTW - why is NTA soo useless, hiss!!!!
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by jbloggs(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2010
All dis yanning na good one sha.
But can't we all face the fact?

Have you ever seen a Hausa coward before?
To the extent that the Minister of information is not informed about the true state of health of Mr.President,

I am sure if Yar'adua can talk he will surely come out to say something.
He will not be the first Hausa coward.

The man is on a life support machine, and how on earth do you still expect him at the FEC meeting tomorrow?

Let's wish his wife and aides some good sense of reasoning to talk to the Nation.
Amen.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by Beaf: 10:30am On Mar 02, 2010
Turai and her crew will soon be in prison. cool
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by ojimboIV: 10:35am On Mar 02, 2010
absolute rubbish report!!!
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by hasy(m): 10:53am On Mar 02, 2010
lets wait and see
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by debetmx(m): 11:15am On Mar 02, 2010
u should know dailytrust is a northern newspaper, so what do u expect.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by sojjy: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2010
I won't believe this beer parlour report.We all known the truth and we wl never be deceived wit this cooked story.If Yar'adua health has improved as reported by this beer parlour journalist,Turai wouldn't have prevented Hajia Dada Yar'adua(Yar'adua's mother)from seeing her son.The irritating story had bn paid for by Yar'adua loyalist.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by vigasimple(m): 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2010
This look to me as another ploy to stop the FEC meeting of tommorrow. This was exactly what they did last week, and they brought the 'dead body' to the presidential villa to 'be in the head' of Jonathan and the progressive.

Nigerians, make no mistake this cabal will not change until they are all arrested, questions and sent to jail. It is not in the genetic make up of serial liars to suddenly stop unles caught red handed. Who ordered the Army last week  behind the acting President, the best starting point because that is the person with real power.

The costs is just too high for the Kitchen cabinet, Turai, Ibori, and Idonkia to give up. They are banking on chaos to bring in the Army. Goodluck must move quickly to bring all the service chiefs and Yar a'dua aides to appear before the senate televised lives for all Nigerians to see, so they can give explanations on troop movement.

YAR A'DO NOTHING IS LONG DEAD SINCE BEFORE CHRISTMAS LAST YEAR. YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK, IT IS A BANKER.
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by muhsin(m): 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
Dan tin don go beyond me o!
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by SkySpirit(m): 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2010
riversman:

my body cant wait oh, abeg wat time on wednesday is the FEC and how can i watch it online,

chei dis will be BLOOD BATH, all the Akinyuili birds vs Turai Rangers, hahahahaha, grin grin

On anotha note, i think they will all chicken out and shout "NAY" when they call for a response to dethrone KING YAR A GOAT, lol grin grin

By d powers conferred on me by FIFA, Ive appointed u as d REFEREE!
grin grin grin
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by bibiking1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2010
So much sensationalism in today's journalism! What fact or concrete evidence was put forward in this awkwardly assembled northern report?
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by ReachRich(m): 2:13pm On Mar 02, 2010
If Yardua can sit and walk,why did it take him upto 50mins to alight from his air ambulance to his land ambulance?Why would he even need an ambulance in the first place?
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by riversman: 12:21am On Mar 03, 2010
THank You @ Oga SKY SPIRIT
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by xterra2(m): 12:28am On Mar 03, 2010
riversman:

Go to watchnta.com they stream it live
Re: How Yar'adua Whiles Away Time. May Show Up At FEC Meeting Wednesday by riversman: 12:33am On Mar 03, 2010
that site hasnt been working since yesterday oh, maybe the traffic from awon Naija in diaspora is ferri mush, grin

(1) (Reply)

Strongest Teeth In Africa-video / Bomb Explosion In Jos Today April 12th 2010 / Islamic Scholars Say No Tpo Female Governor/deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.