Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,999 members, 7,859,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

Where is Massob Leader.? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where is Massob Leader.? (1060 Views)

Is MASSOB A Paramilitary? / Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting / Breaking News- Photos: Asari Dokubo And MASSOB Leader Hold Private Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where is Massob Leader.? by udezue(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2010
Where is Mr Ralph Uwazuruike? Does anyone know his whereabout? Has he been tried and sentenced or what? Has he been released or is he DEAD? What kind of government / nation arrests a man and decides to make his whereabout a mystery? I fear for his life. Whats the use of having a fellow Easterner as President when human rights issues are still just as bad as it was before?
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by presido1: 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2010
The profs of Igbology will soon come and let u know his where about.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by udezue(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
grin Igbology

The man might be Igbo but this is not about Igbo culture or people. This is a clear case of human right violation and its a shame that as a society these things can happen
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by sjeezy8: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2010
hes in your house now ode

Whats the use of having a fellow Easterner as President when human rights issues are still just as bad as it was before

thats hilarious you that you think having a "fellow easterner" should matter in the releasing of a guy whos main goal is to secede from a country.
Incase you didnt know the president, is the president of Nigeria NOT the president of the easterners or the human rights of easterners.  lol

you be big clown
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by bilymuse: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2010
The guy is a nuisance, nobody care about him.

Igbo people does not know how to organise political protest , they are too busy selling spare parts
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by kettykings: 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
Please whats the big deal about ibos that nigerians are afraid of biafra or ibo seccession ,is it that nigerians can not do without ibos or what , is that why uwazuruke is making an issue out of it. Serious nigeria is a huge misnomer a country that is trying to tie its destiny to an ethnic group
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by kettykings: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2010
Please whats the big deal about ibos that nigerians are afraid of biafra or ibo seccession ,is it that nigerians can not do without ibos or what , is that why uwazuruke is making an issue out of it. Serious nigeria is a huge misnomer a country that is trying to tie its destiny to an ethnic group
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Ibime(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2010
The Igbos must come together and lobby Jonathan to release Uwazuirike in keeping with the current "amnesty programme". . . . apparently, some individual alleged that Uwazuirike kept him detained to stop him wreaking havoc under the name of MASSOB during the Anambra election. . . . if true, Uwazuirike should be lauded for preserving the peace during the elections, rather than arrested. . .
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by sjeezy8: 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
kettykings:

^^ I think you have it twisted because its not about ethnic group, its the issue of change in policies and the redrawing of land boundaries, resources and etc . . . it would have sounded better if you simplified it to Oil in specific states or other resources. . . cause the issue of seccession isnt only by igbo, its other deltans- Niger Delta republic, many northerners - who want an Arewa Republic, islamic country and some yoruba aswell- who want a 100% yoruba speaking Oduduwa Republic .

Any ethnic group can leave if they want- plane tickets can be bought and bus tickets also . . .

But I like many Nigerians think better leadership is better than splitting Nigeria into 6 countries.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by kosovo(m): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2010
Title Edited!
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by chosen04(f): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2010
bilymuse:

The guy is a nuisance, nobody care about him.

Igbo people does not know how to organise political protest , they are too busy selling spare parts

Will you Sharrap? I care about him.

Ibime:

The Igbos must come together and lobby Jonathan to release Uwazuirike in keeping with the current "amnesty programme". . . . apparently, some individual alleged that Uwazuirike kept him detained to stop him wreaking havoc under the name of MASSOB during the Anambra election. . . . if true, Uwazuirike should be lauded for preserving the peace during the elections, rather than arrested. . .

The guy doesnot want to be released. He wants the trial to go on.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Dede1(m): 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

^^ I think you have it twisted because its not about ethnic group, its the issue of change in policies and the redrawing of land boundaries, resources and etc . . . it would have sounded better if you simplified it to Oil in specific states or other resources. . . cause the issue of seccession isnt only by igbo, its other deltans- Niger Delta republic, many northerners - who want an Arewa Republic, islamic country and some yoruba aswell- who want a 100% yoruba speaking Oduduwa Republic .

Any ethnic group can leave if they want- plane tickets can be bought and bus tickets also . . .

But I like many Nigerians think better leadership is better than splitting Nigeria into 6 countries.

I followed your rare but good analysis of the secession saga in Nigeria until the last two unfortunate sentences. The only people who do not want Nigeria divided into sovereign nations are evil cabals and greedy individuals that appreciate the unprogressive nature of Nigeria.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by 006(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2010
Dede1:

I followed your rare but good analysis of the secession saga in Nigeria until the last two unfortunate sentences. The only people who do not want Nigeria divided into sovereign nations are evil cabals and greedy individuals that appreciate the unprogressive nature of Nigeria.

Seconded!
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Onlytruth(m): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ibime:

Good point.

chosen04:

Will you Sharrap? I care about him.

The guy doesnot want to be released. He wants the trial to go on.

My sister you sure so?
I think that keeping him in jail is dangerous. What many people don't know is that Uwazuruike is like Nelson Mandela inside Massob. Now let me explain quickly before folks accuse me of theft. grin

Uwazuruike is the only Massob leader I know that really believes in that non-violence strategy. I really don't think others inside Massob share that philosophy. Taking him out -in jail or killing him- would only galvanize those who never believed in non-violence into violent agitation from which Nigeria may not recover.

Here comes the Mandela part. Mandela was the voice of reason inside the ANC keeping things moderate and agreeing to peaceful settlement. Other members of the ANC were more eager to bring about a violent revolution.
That is why I would be careful with handling Uwazuruike. His course is still unaddressed.

Taking him out will only add fuel to the fire.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Beaf: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2010
Uwazuruike will be freed as usual. The govt seems to have a way of taking him off the streets each time there is tension in the country (easy to see why).
He will be released, because the alternative will be a huge problem.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by chosen04(f): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

My sister you sure so?

That is the info. i got from a reliable source within the association. He wants to clear his name about from the kidnapp saga once and for all.

Onlytruth:

I think that keeping him in jail is dangerous. What many people don't know is that Uwazuruike is like Nelson Mandela inside Massob. Now let me explain quickly before folks accuse me of theft. grin

Keeping and jailing freedom fighters has a way of making them actualise their dreams faster and easily. In that sense i concur that keeping in jail will be dangerous to the nigerian govt.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by bilymuse: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2010
The truth of the matter is Igbos don't do strike nor protest. Democracy to an average Igbo is been allowed to sell his wares in Sokoto without hindrance, anything that interferes with that is undemocratic. Nobody really cares about Uwazuruike, he can rot in prison , while Igbo traders continue to sell their wares around the country: that means democracy to an average Igbo man.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Dede1(m): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2010
bilymuse:

The truth of the matter is Igbos don't do strike nor protest. Democracy to an average Igbo is been allowed to sell his wares in Sokoto without hindrance, anything that interferes with that is undemocratic. Nobody really cares about Uwazuruike, he can rot in prison , while Igbo traders continue to sell their wares around the country: that means democracy to an average Igbo man.

It is either you are a moronic imbe-cile or an average Igbo man, if I may borrow you term or share in your idiocy, understands the cardinal principles of democracy more than a jackass such as you.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Onlytruth(m): 8:00pm On Apr 26, 2010
bilymuse:

The truth of the matter is Igbos don't do strike nor protest.

Of course the Igbo don't do much of strikes or protests undecided It just doesn't make sense to protest in a jungle undecided
Who will you be protesting to? The snake or the lions and other predators? lmfao!
Only idiots embark on protests in Nigeria.

If you have a problem, you state it openly and state your position and what you will do about it.
That is what MASSOB has been doing. They have said that they are not Nigerians and have addressed all media and anyone who cares to listen, and have peacefully called the attention of the world to their position on Nigeria -outright secession. For these, they have been shot and killed several times, no other groups in Nigeria have done that peacefully. Others simply armed up and started fighting. With the indefinite detention of Uwazuruike, MASSOB may have to reconsider their peaceful strategies. One of two things will likely happen:

(1) They abandon their agitation and forget about Biafra and Uwazuruike
(2) They reconsider their present strategy for something more effective

I have a feeling the first option will not be in their agenda anytime soon, which leaves us with the second option.

Democracy to an average Igbo is been allowed to sell his wares in Sokoto without hindrance, anything that interferes with that is undemocratic. Nobody really cares about Uwazuruike, he can rot in prison , while Igbo traders continue to sell their wares around the country: that means democracy to an average Igbo man.

Well, democracy to the Bilymumu of Yorubaland is to pillage public purse and steal as much as possible. At least the Igbo hustle for genuine livelihood away from government purse.
Thieves like you should be exiled from Yorubaland. cool
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by chosen04(f): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2010
bilymuse:

Are you OK? or suffering from Igbophobia
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by bilymuse: 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
Can anybody remind me the last time Igbos undertake a strike or protest for political or national issues. Igbo dont do strike nor protest, the bulk of the traders are too focus on profit to give a damn about Uwazuruike.

Imagine the bulk of the Igbos outside southeast, from the Atlantic ocean in Lagos , to the Sahara in Kano, dominating economic activities: their assets, investments , landed properties. Compare that to Uwazuruike who want to break up Nigeria and set up Biafra. If those Igbo traders outside Igbo states really believe in Massob, they should be moving back to the east. While Massob talks about Biafra, they are investing in Nigeria. The two are incompatible.

Let Uwazuruike rot in prison , while they continue to sell their wares in Sokoto and buy houses in Kano.
Re: Where is Massob Leader.? by Onlytruth(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2010
bilymuse:

Can anybody remind me the last time Igbos undertake a strike or protest for political or national issues. Igbo dont do strike nor protest, the bulk of the traders are too focus on profit to give a damn about Uwazuruike.

Imagine the bulk of the Igbos outside southeast, from the Atlantic ocean in Lagos , to the Sahara in Kano, dominating economic activities: their assets, investments , landed properties. Compare that to Uwazuruike who want to break up Nigeria and set up Biafra. If those Igbo traders outside Igbo states really believe in Massob, they should be moving back to the east. While Massob talks about Biafra, they are investing in Nigeria. The two are incompatible.

Let Uwazuruike rot in prison , while they continue to sell their wares in Sokoto and buy houses in Kano.

The bolded is your ONLY FEAR and WORRY. I don't know whom you think you are deceiving, but frankly you need to have your head examined. The Igbo will continue to invest and expand their investments in Nigeria whether you like it or not, Biafra or no Biafra. Today there is a state of Israel but Jews dominate the American economy. The two things can happen simultaneously. You think Igbos dominate Nigerian economy because others want it that way? NO. We dominate it because it is in our nature to excel. Nigeria did not give it to us, we took it.

Like I've already said, MASSOB is not all talk. They have been killed for openly stating their position on Nigeria.
Uwazuruike is their leader. The day he dies, his peaceful philosophy will likely die with him. What happens next is anybody's guess. The Igbo (together with other easterners) are the only group to have sustained a fight for secession longest so far. Don't say it is not in their nature to fight despite their investments in Nigeria.

Meanwhile stop mumu (ing) around.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb’s 1993 Presidential Election Result Annulment Speech / Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination / Another Bomb Blast, Dynamite Explosion Rocks Yenagoa In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.