Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,056 members, 7,956,946 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. (820 Views)

Mary Mother Of Jesus Mosque Spotted In Abu Dhabi. / Prophetess Mary Olujuwon Olubori's Husband Grabs Her Boobs Even After 6 Kids / Virgin Mary Appears In Edo State During Catholic Conference - CBCN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by lifezone247(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
Abu Dhabi's crown prince ordered the change to 'consolidate bonds of humanity between followers of different religions'

A mosque in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) capital, has been renamed “Mary, Mother of Jesus”.

Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Abu Dhabi crown prince and deputy supreme commander of the UAE armed forces, ordered that the mosque be renamed to “consolidate bonds of humanity between followers of different religions.”

Mary plays a prominent role in the Christian and Islamic traditions.

Reverend Canon Andrew Thompson of St. Andrew’s Church, an Anglican parish near the newly renamed mosque, expressed is gratitude in an interview with Gulf News.

“We are delighted that we are celebrating something that we have in common between both our faiths,” he said.

Rev Thompson also said that Mary “symbolises obedience to God” in both faiths, and that he looked forward to “growing in deeper understanding” with members of the Islamic faith.

The move to rename the mosque – which was formerly known as the Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed Mosque – reflects the UAE’s efforts to appear as champions religious tolerance in the region.

Although the UAE’s official religion is Islam, the nation’s constitution includes a clause guaranteeing the freedom to practice any religion. The International Institute for Management Development in Switzerland also ranked the UAE first regionally and third globally for religious tolerance.

In 2015, the Roman Catholic Church in Abu Dhabi opened its second church, according to the State Department of the United States. The UAE also granted land to construct the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi.

Jeramie Rinne, senior pastor of the Evangelical Community Church in Abu Dhabi, said in an interview with The Cable that the mosque’s renaming indicates the importance of the UAE’s stance on religious tolerance.

“The UAE continues to set the pace in this region for peaceful coexistence and cooperation,” he said. “We are very encouraged and feel blessed to be a part of this nation.”

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/leading-articles/2017/06/16/united-arab-emirates-renames-mosque-mary-mother-of-jesus/

Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by serverconnect(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2017
This is serious.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by jerryunit48: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hallelujah
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by Iampaulpaulpaul: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
Rich muslims want to live in peace but poor ones want to kill.

2 Likes

Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by BlaQWolf: 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ridiculously Ridiculous
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by asksteve(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
illiteracy n poverty r d two worst things dat make people gullible n easy to b used as fanatics or foot solders for selfish agendas all in d name of religion n politics.
Case study Nigeria under Buharis' administration.
Can dis ever happen in northern Nigeria?
Ur guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by lifezone247(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2017
Iampaulpaulpaul:
Rich muslims want to live in peace but poor ones want to kill.

I'm telling you.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by Blackfire(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2017
Try that in the north...
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by lifezone247(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2017
Blackfire:
Try that in the north...
lols, should I say they will set the mosque ablaze? And lalasticlala no go see this one o, I'm coming let me go and look for wall gecko and attach.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by Blackfire(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
lifezone247:
lols, should I say they will set the mosque ablaze? And lalasticlala no go see this one o, I'm coming let me go and look for wall gecko and attach.

I pity the poor gecko.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by petra1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2017
Revelation 17:5 (KJV Strong's)
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.

Revelation 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by lifezone247(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
Blackfire:

I pity the poor gecko.
grin grin grin
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by lifezone247(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2017
petra1:
Revelation 17:5 (KJV Strong's)
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of harlots and abominations of the earth.

Revelation 17:18
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
can you pls explain this your quotes.
Re: United Arab Emirates Renames Mosque ‘mary, Mother Of Jesus’. by petra1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
lifezone247:
can you pls explain this your quotes.

Babylon represents one world unity religion . That's the harlot

(1) (Reply)

In response to: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Did TB Joshua Prophesy The Military Coup In Zimbabwe? / Worldly Godly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.