Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers (931 Views)

Chadian Soldiers Free Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram Captivity - Daily Post / ISIS Attacks Nigerian Soldiers, Kills Commander And 20 Others - Tribune Online / Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Military Operation Against Boko Haram. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Osezua: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu who has allegedly gone into hiding has lost touch with his legal representatives thereby arousing suspicions about his well-being.

Nnamdi Kanu
Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lawyer to Nnamdi Kanu has raised an alarm of the possibility that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) might have been killed by soldiers during a military raid on his residence.

Ejiofor made the claim on Tuesday, September 19, in a statement sent to NAIJ.com in reaction to reports alleging that Kanu had fled the country to avoid arrest. The lawyer said such reports were being spread by the authorities to divert the attention from the true state of Kanu’s well-being.

He said: “In view of the rumours being peddled in both electronic and print media that Nnamdi Kanu (my Client) has fled the country, I consider it compelling and obligatory to correct this false rhetoric, in regard to my Client state of being.

“Two consecutive times, the soldiers launched an unprovoked bloody raid on my client's residence, during which onslaught many of his relatives, friends and wards were massacred in their numbers, some arrested and taken to an unknown destination till date.

“I have no doubt whatsoever that stories making round that my Client has fled outside Nigeria, were planted to divert attention from their murderous raid on my client's house. “I made last contact with my client few minutes into the bloody onslaught in his home on the 14th day of September 2017."

The lawyer said he has not heard from Kanu since the raid on the IPOB leader’s home. He said the burden rests on the military to tell the world where his client is.

“The soldiers who are now alleging that he fled outside Nigeria, should be in a position to tell the world if they have smuggled him out into Cameroon.

“The soldiers must have made possible contact with him on this 14th day of September 2017, when they invaded his house on a bloody raid, and by virtue of which position, they should tell the world if he was caught by fire of bullets in the hit of the bloody onslaught or he was arrested alive.

“In all probability, my client may have been killed by the invading soldiers who are now seeking ways to fool the world into believing that he has left the country."

Ejiofor called on the military authorities to stop diverting attention of the public on the IPOB leader’s whereabouts and produce his client. The lawyer also appealed to members of IPOB to remain calm, assuring them that the military onslaught in the southeast was receiving speedy attention from the international community.

“On the face of this ugly development, I still passionately appeal to the members of indigenous people of Biafra and igbos at large to remain calm. Be assured that our outcry on the present carnage going on in the south East is receiving speedy attention from the international community, as clearly manifested in uniform condemnation of the ethnic cleansing in the south East of Nigeria.

"I still advise, most strongly that it is better for the members of indigenous people Of Biafra to stay safe, and gladly await far reaching sanctions, and reprieve, that follow timely intervention of comity of nation,” he said. httpww.247nigerianewsupdate.co/2017/09/nnamdi-kanu-suspectedly-killed-by.html
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
KANU is not dead. Igbos were in the house throughout the raid. There is no how soldiers would have taken KANU away without no Ipob member or family member seeing them. In my view, i don't even think this report came from Kanu's lawyer. I smell another low thinking propaganda here. FTC IS NOT EASY O.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by michiyke2003(m): 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Truth is light and when it is time to shine,darkness will disappear.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Kylekent59: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
When I read this: might have been killed by soldiers during a military raid on his residence.

A troop of soldiers raiding a residence when it's not war they are fighting.
Dam it, it pained me am a Nigerian,the military lost this one big time.

I am not a biafran but this is not how to handle such situation.

If we all should keep our mouth shut, there won't be anything like leaders of tomorrow

More so,if you are a soldier, police man ,navy or other military force and you have killed innocent soul and you are reading my comment, better repent oooo

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by ERockson: 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kanu might have received Bin ladin or Zahkizaki treatment. He's dead and thrown into river or FG is building a house for him like that of Zahkizaki. By the way, he should give a date he's coming to Lagos cool
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Nemesis1: 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Longton:
KANU is not dead. Igbos were in the house throughout the raid. There is no how soldiers would have taken KANU away without no Ipob member or family member seeing them. In my view, i don't even think this report came from Kanu's lawyer. I smell another low thinking propaganda here. FTC IS NOT EASY O.

Unless they all ran when they heard gunshots in which case it would be scammer scamming scammer

IPOB lying to Kanu and viseversa

Another scenario they always shout about is diversion technic, kanu is probably putting more distance between him and Nigeria as we speak and the lawyer wants to throw people off the trail which would be a repeat of 1970 scam by OjuFraud when the heat was too much

Either way, good riddance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Nemesis1: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
Two days after the alleged siege on Kanu's house he released statement through this same lawyer that's his ghost writing statement or lawyer forged it?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
The Chief of Murdering Staff will know
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by Omeokachie: 7:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
He is at most dead, or in the custody of the military.

This is a repeat of the Zakzaky episode. Nigerians did not collectively condemn what happend to Zakzaky and as such the military repeating the same error.
Now that they are being hailed, they are most likely going to try it elsewhere (crocodile smile?) and before you know it, it becomes a standard operational practice for them.

Think for a moment...are you saying that after the long period of shootings at Kanu's residence, the military finally gained entrance into his compound, killed the boys around including a pet dog, finally saw Kanu one-on-on and they just turned around and left?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by modik(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
So sad
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by LoudNdclear: 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Kylekent59:
When I read this: might have been killed by soldiers during a military raid on his residence.

A troop of soldiers raiding a residence when it's not war they are fighting.
Dam it, it pained me am a Nigerian,the military lost this one big time.

I am not a biafran but this is not how to handle such situation.

If we all should keep our mouth shut, there won't be anything like leaders of tomorrow

More so,if you are a soldier, police man ,navy or other military force and you have killed innocent soul and you are reading my comment, better repent oooo

Bless u bro.... you spoke the truth!!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by RomeSankara: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
This new program of pluck and hide by this govt will definitely backfire and is very reminiscent of oppressive communist regimes , first it was Zak Zakky and he has not been seen by anyone till date and now Kanu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Suspectedly Killed By Nigerian Soldiers by willibounce1(m): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stop disturbing us with this senseless noise that they have killed kanu. You animals keep creating problems for yourselves. Show us pictures of his dead body. And stop thinking anything will happen if kanu dies. The worst that will happen if kanu dies today is that many senseless ipods will die foolishly with him, they'll be buried and forgotten.

(1) (Reply)

(photos) INEC Officials Dumps Recall Documents In Front Of Dino Melaye's Office / Buhari Was Cloned In London, Current Nigerian President Is Fake – Asari Dokubo / I Can Bring Out Over N2trn Stolen Funds – Wanted Maina Speaks From Hiding -VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.