Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

The Misconception People Have About God And How God Delivered Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Misconception People Have About God And How God Delivered Me. (375 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Misconception People Have About God And How God Delivered Me. by Chelseafan99: 2:08am On Sep 20, 2017
Going to church was never really my thing. As a child we were spanked for going to church late or refusing to go, as a result I came to see the church as a place to avoid.

I had an altercation with a friend who decided to take it to the extremes. After the fight I did not go home straight range I went to a bar to cool off. While at the bar I received a call from the guy I had a fight with. When I answered the call there was a 5 seconds pause before the call dropped.. Sensing something amiss I rushed home. On getting home I found two fetish objects on my doorstep. One of my slippers have been cut with a blade and a rope tied to it and dropped neatly on my doorstep. I have two doors and decided to use the back door, to my horror I found the same object.

I felt uneasy so I called a pastor I had met just weeks before and told him everything. But to my disgust he was more interested in converting me to his church and having me pay seed offerings than anything else. That week went pretty uneventful and i quickly forgot about it.

Trouble started a week later. I started having vivid bad dreams about being chased by a snake almost on a daily basis. There was this atmosphere of negativity in my house as everything starts falling apart. My gas exploded, my finances went awry, I incured so much debt I began running away from home. I drove home one day and as in turned off the ignition my car key disappeared. For three days I searched and searched. 3 days later I found my car key nestled right on my front seat. Then my AC caught fire, it escalated everyday. Then I developed this bad breath. It was so bad with I days everyone began keeping their distance. Whoever comes to my house will feel like throwing up. But the worst was yet to come.

Real terror started when every night at about 1am or thereabout I will be awakened to the sound of footsteps going round my house outside. Now this isn't like some footsteps. This felt like a giant walking. I could feel the ground shake under its weight. Whatever this thing was was bleating like a goat. The dog's puppets in my neighbours house upstairs will start crying also.EVERYDAY, every night. Now all these while I refused praying. One day this feeling of despair and darkness felt so bad it felt like I was suffocating under the yoke of darkness. I tried to sleep but could not, I had this overwhelming urge to get out of the house. Now it so happened there was a church at the back of my house having a vigil. I drove to the church, parked out and slept. Now whatever that thing was that was marching round my house everyday worked with clockwise precision. At a exactly am, but this time it was different, because God blotted out the memory from me until a week or two later, of not I'm not sure I could have handled what happened next. I might have gone MAD.

I remembered this even two weeks after it happened and till this day I find myself grasping for air when it comes to mind. Shows you how terrifying an ordeal it was.

On this day I felt this strong urge to pray. The urge was so strong I could not escape it. So I went on my knees and prayed for 1 minute. I remember closing my eyes to sleep and then abruptly I was awakened in an instant. When people sleep we wake up gradually. This was instant. I felt a ringing in my ear, like something bounced off me.

I slept again, i was deep in sleep. In my slumber I saw/felt some giant being burst into my living room. It's hard to describe in words, I'll do my best to illustrate what transpired. Right there in my bed I could sense this being in my living room. I could sense it was angry, angry is a misnomer, it was in RAGE. Right their in my bed my spirit stood up out of sheer terror. My SPIRIT. My body was in bed sleeping but my spirit sat up in fear. I was paralysed with fear. Then this thing, whatever it was, like the vortex of a hurricane burst into my room. This angry being in the twinkle of an eye rushed towards me and jacked me up the way a grown man will Jack a 2 months old baby. I was powerless. And then all of a sudden it dropped me out of fright and fled like a tornado out of my house. I remember vividly well falling ever so gently back in my bed. Then there was blackout...until two weeks later, when I remembered what happened I developed PTSD for days. Iw as frightened.

This experience changed my life,In my sin God was merciful and protective. It didn't matter to him the fact that I have not stepped Into a church in 3 years. It didn't matter to him i did not even own a bible. As a sinner he gave me a chance, he saved me. Every since my life has never been the same. To this day I come under spiritual attack almost on a daily basis, but because I pray I only see their attacks in the dream. They cannot manifest in the physical any ore because I pray. The days i dont pray they make the most of it by tryjng to make me go to a club or go on a drinking binge to help loosen my guard so i dont ha e to pray. They hate prayers with such passion I do not understand it myself.
Re: The Misconception People Have About God And How God Delivered Me. by ifenes(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2017
I think your dream was about you facing your fears. People have nightmare due to what they strongly believe in and will making meaning out of it from what they know. The only esoteric teaching you have got is Christianity( which you had constantly be inflated with) hence you think the Christian " version of god" was owed an apology.

I think your dream was about you taking control over your life and not to submit to an illusionary god. You don't need a god, you are God. God is a lame man's term for a powerful/aligned/ knowledgable person. The Godless have no power/knowledge and would seek another god to hybernate under. Giving you life to God should mean you have acknowledged yourself as a God, not the other way round.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible Historically Accurate? / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / How We Can Sense The Good Taste Of God's Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.