Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Poverty Of The Sex Appeal ! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Poverty Of The Sex Appeal ! (424 Views)

Sex Appeal / Rihanna Oozes Sex Appeal As She Flaunts Her Enviable Curves In Sexy Lingerie(pic / The Boob Movement Founder Oozes Sex Appeal In Very Racy Plunging Lingerie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Poverty Of The Sex Appeal ! by Antoeni(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
The poverty of the sex appeal!

We need to break through the stereotypical constructs we have caged women in, and rise towards greater pedestals of thought and action. Unfortunately however, some women have made it almost impossible for us to break through the bonds our biased and prejudiced conceptions have caged us in.

The average female teenager feels compelled to 'reveal' some flesh on social media. She wants us to see blossoming cleavages, uncovered bosoms and scantily clothed thighs. She feels this is what it means to be 'sexy'. The average female teenager therefore spends so much time and energy worrying about whether or not she looks sexy... This has to change.

By now you know that I love women. As a matter of fact, I have a reflection titled just that. Women bring a certain dynamism to the world that we can never really capture in words. It is sad that in some quarters, we still like to refer to the Eve story and condemn women a lot, blaming them for all the ills we have in society today. We forget that it takes two to tangle. This is a pity. Nonetheless, it suffices to say here that women are indeed a blessing to our world. Some of the best minds in several professional fields today are women. Most of the world's sacrifices have arguably been made by women, and unquantifiable contributions have been made by women to the fields of science and technology, as well as the environment (as far as nature and nurture are concerned). However, there is a new generation of women that are struggling to upset the balance. These are the women who have been swept away by 'the craze for the sex appeal'.

It is indeed severe poverty for a whole human being to posses nothing but sex appeal. The media hasn't helped us at all in this regard. We have been so overexposed to the sexual appeal of women, we are now under the impression that women aren't good for anything else but sex. Wouldn't it be very strange for instance to have semi nude guys dancing in music videos of fully clad lady musicians? We now hear stuff like "woman power," "sexual strength," "sex appeal", and others. In my recent interactions with many young ladies, I have come to discover a certain trend. They take pride in the depth of sex appeal they are able to muster. And worse still, they enjoy how much 'distraction' they can cause with their new found, and very much loved "sex appeal." This becomes a yardstick for just about anything else. So a young lady that's not "sexy" is lost in a world of classlessness and boredom.

I'm so not against looking good (I have a reflection on the awesomeness of fashion sense only when it's decent), but I can't help feeling that there has to be more to life than looking sexy. Wait a minute! Why do you think make up artists and beauticians are on steady rise? Because everyone wants to look stunning, that's what. So the original eyebrows are shaved off for more artistic and artificial ones, the cheekbones are outlined and deepened under layers and layers of make up, and natural spots are hidden away. But this is not even the issue here. The greater problem lies in the kind of psychological culture that the sex appeal craze cultivates. Teenagers now feel they must be attractive in a sexual and sensual way, and they go all out, striving to achieve it.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather hang around ladies with good character and cutting edge ideas than spend all day admiring physical attributes. The 'sexiness' should complement character, personal ingenuity and industriousness. Not the other way round. When a young lady's thought patterns do not move beyond how much impression she is able to make on the male folk, or how much sexiness she is able to exude on the go, then we have a generation of 'sexy idiots' on our hands (please pardon my language).

This is the breed that will do just about anything to 'slay', even if it means limiting clothing to the barest minimum, and exposing delicate and sensitive flesh to a world that has already buried itself in voluptuousness. The negative implications are far reaching; too expensive for us to afford.

Hence, concepts like 'woman power', and 'woman sex appeal' must move beyond sex appeal to encapsulate something much more substantial. Those who find you 'damn sexy' may not consider you when they need bright and revolutionary minds. Those who submit to your 'power' in the bedroom, may not remember you where the more important pawns that shape the world are being moved across chessboards. And no matter how sexy you look, or how much of a professional seductress you have become, remember that busts and hips don't shape the world. Ideas do.

So when your mind is devoid of innovative solutions to the world's issues, and your aspirations do not transcend 'looking sexy', the fact remains that you are essentially impoverished. Today, get your priorities right!

God bless you
Re: The Poverty Of The Sex Appeal ! by jonaifame22(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2017
Well, let them show some flesh, it's really cool, cos u can't hit what ur eyes can't see

(1) (Reply)

Have you ever met a person so good,their attempt at being bad is disastrous / . / Check Out My New Brand Logo For My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.