Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) (35134 Views)

Asiwaju Accuses FG Of Destroying Ogun Tomato Business / APC Aspirants Paid Between N15 & N60million To Secure Tickets - Saharareporters / Building Belonging To Former Gov. Of Katsina State, Was Unlawfully Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Lagos, the envy of Africa? Abeg go sleep.
Abudu2000:
Is it only her building that was destroyed?? That's how ppl were complaining when fashola was destroying. Now Lagos is the envy of the whole Africa.....even the building self don dey beg for demolision tey tey
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by PHIPEX(m): 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeeew.. How did I end up with some of you fhuckers in the same country.. angry

The house was built in 1976.. That makes it 40 years old plus. And remember it's a commercial building meaning it's had more use than a private residence.

None of you have any information on the structural integrity of the building yet you are all cursing the Governor. The same you Guys will travel overseas and come and be telling us stories and sharing photographs of fine buildings you took pictures inside. Yet when you return here you will all run out with machetes to stop the Government from moving a Market away from the Center of town. angry

If that building collapses tomorrow, you people will start shouting how government is inefficient of how the dead people were used for election sacrifice.

The person that posted that nonsense and her family are in the United States.. If that building collapses and kills anybody, they will just lock up and not return to even help bury the dead.

Please some of you need to start using your brains more. Poverty is not an excuse to be foolish. angry
Does that warrant demolition without notice or compensation, should all 40yr old buildings in the country be demolished without concrete evidence of structural defect? How can a sensible govt pull down a widow's source of income based on verbal notice.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Your name start with Mad so no need to insult you.
A house that is 41 years old, and still stands has integrity.
Read the whole thing, they were coming for renovation
Read another one, that house was a means of livelihood to people, not only the old woman
Ode

See me see this Bush Fish O sad.. So you are waiting for it to collapse before you know it needs work?

Oga I use anything wey you dey worship name take beg you to waka cross road go stand with your mate.. This market wet you dey prize for my hand, Bros you no wan buy am..

Agric Idiot. angry

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Amah70: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Gov. Okorocha destroys mostly for his pocket private businesses and presidential pursuits.

Since 2012, for his own private university business, Okorocha started destroying the once flourishing and multi-billion Naira Imo State University Teaching Hospital Orlu, by deliberately refusing to repair the 1km road to the institution, so that patients would not visit the institution;

Okorocha deliberately owed arrears of salaries to worker so that doctors would run away from IMSUTH;

diesel was deliberately refused to the Lister generators of IMSUTH, at night, total darkness engulfed the institution, so that even the poorest patient would not come for treatment here.

Alas, last October, Okorocha told the falsehood that IMSUTH was not viable and would be relocated to Owerri. He set up a kangaroo committee headed by Speaker of IMHA, Acho Ihim, to find ways to relocate IMSUTH Orlu to Owerri;

to make Owerri look the other way when Okorocha shall announce that the shares of Imo state govt in Eastern Palm University have been fully bought by a Rochas Foundation business.

Okorocha told the National Universities Commission last year that "Eastern Palm University is my 12 years dream come true."

But his dream may be aborted with his Python Dance with IMSUTH.

This is road to IMSUTH coming from Owerri. Okorocha scrapped this road since 2012 and refused to asphalt it till today.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
Is that the building? It needed urgent and drastic attention tho grin
#Pele

Okorocha's government should compensate the woman or they should've allowed her to sell the house and use the proceeds to build elsewhere.

The house is an eyesore and need to be demolished. I support the demolition but the woman should be compensated.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by comrChris(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
60mllion? Issorite
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by oz4real83(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
MadCow1:
Mtcheeeeew.. How did I end up with some of you fhuckers in the same country.. angry

The house was built in 1976.. That makes it 40 years old plus. And remember it's a commercial building meaning it's had more use than a private residence.

None of you have any information on the structural integrity of the building yet you are all cursing the Governor. The same you Guys will travel overseas and come and be telling us stories and sharing photographs of fine buildings you took pictures inside. Yet when you return here you will all run out with machetes to stop the Government from moving a Market away from the Center of town. angry

If that building collapses tomorrow, you people will start shouting how government is inefficient of how the dead people were used for election sacrifice.

The person that posted that nonsense and her family are in the United States.. If that building collapses and kills anybody, they will just lock up and not return to even help bury the dead.

Please some of you need to start using your brains more. Poverty is not an excuse to be foolish. angry
from the look of the building,it seems renovation has never been done on the house since it was built. It looks like one of those houses the owners only come at the end of the year/month to collect the rents but leave the maintenance for the tenants. Sorry though.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by akakc47: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
tyson98:
Despite the fact that I no support okorocha but the house needs renovation tru tru
U didnt hear they did not give him time to renovate
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Ubiman(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
Why are Nigerians always crying at the wrong altar? Fine. You've alerted us to the slight done to you by Okorocha and his goons of darkness. Now take the next step. Contract a lawyer and sue his ass off as well as that of the Imo State government. If there was no written notice, and the time lapse for such was not exceeded and due compensation was not paid, sue his over-burnt hide like some overoasted BBQ.. .
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Your name start with Mad so no need to insult you.
A house that is 41 years old, and still stands has integrity.
Read the whole thing, they were coming for renovation
Read another one, that house was a means of livelihood to people, not only the old woman
Ode

Apart for the compensation bit, Okorocha did the right thing. That house isn't safe and will fail the safety test if conducted. Look at the roof. Those asbestos should be safely disposed and the building demolished for a new one.

There are many of these houses and they should be demolished.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
Please where is the picture of the demolished building?
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Amah70: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
stane007:
An Instagram user, Ingrid Adaeze Okonta has called out governor Rochas Okorocha for allegedly destroying her grandmother’s building worth N60million.

She shared a photo of her grandma and the building and wrote;

My grandma Chief/Mrs. P.A Nwameme built this 3 story rental property with 18 first level storefronts in Mgbidi,IMO State in 1976. Governor Rochas and his evil contractors only gave her verbal notice to remodel the building to the standard of the new market. So my mother and her siblings decided to call from the U. S to look for a contractor who can remodel the three story building. The plan was when a suitable contractor was found, my mother and her siblings will all go to Nigeria in order to supervise the renovation. Before we knew it, my mother got a call from Nigeria that my grandmother’s three story building was bulldozed. Governor Rochas and his evil contractors never gave any time for a renovation. With no type of remorse he destroyed a 60million Naira worth building, with no compensation. This is illegal and shameful on the governor’s part. People live in that three story building and they have their businesses there. He has displaced so many people.My grandmother is a widow and this is one of her retirement incomes. This is so wrong on every level. They encourage Igbo people in diaspora to come back to Nigeria to develop but , yet they are destroying our property. It is very discouraging to want give back when your own people treat you like rubbish.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/gov-rochas-okorocha-allegedly-destroys-building-worth-n60million-belonging-widow/

After destroying the house and starting the market re-modelling job, Okorocha is most likely to abandon the job uncompleted.

Market? Okorocha started a less than 600 meters road in 2012 to lead to International Market Orlu. Till today, the road remains abandoned. Only road leading to the market hardly allows passage of two cars at a time. This is a market that has more than 40,000 visitors a day, and employs about 10,000 persons.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Badgers14: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?
Where is my glasses, It seems I can see only two. cheesy

Tell Granny to report the issue to Donald trump, Okorocha needs to be labelled a terrorist

The lady is using U.S terms. In the U.S , that's a 3 storey building. In Nigeria it's 2 storey.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Badgers14: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
tyson98:
Despite the fact that I no support okorocha but the house needs renovation tru tru

Agreed but The government needs to provide someone reasonable notice and time to fix something.

This is just inhumane angry angry
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Amah70: 4:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Attention Mgbidi: Gov Okorocha does not complete a project unless it is in Owerri Municipal lga where he is doing show-off projects to make people see him as good presidential material.

Frequently, Gov Okorocha organizes one fanfare or the other in the name of Imo state, like Imo carnival or Ozurimo festival, and constrains large representatives from every community in Imo to visit Owerri to see his "marvelous works" in Owerri.

Okorocha just told Owerri people who invested in Owerri even before he was born that no Owerri indegene has more investments in Owerri more than Rochas Okorocha. Ridiculous!!
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by fippycbk(m): 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?

Tell Granny to report the issue to Donald trump, Okorocha needs to be labelled a terrorist

It's 3 stories. The ground floor is also a story but not a floor, hence the reason we call the floor above the ground floor "First floor"
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by VULCAN(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
This is what happens when someone doesn't take time to read a story and digest the main gist.

The major issue is the fact that due process was not taken before the act of demolishing the building.

To make matters worse they were only verbally instructed to remodel the building and it appears no time frame was given. So why tell them to remodel then go behind and give an order to demolish.

Things should not be done this way.

Having said this, the governor has every right to demolish any building after taking appropriate steps.

MadCow1:

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by nnol(m): 4:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Same thing El'rufai was doing wen he was former minister of FCT,destroying people's upandan.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
So what's Rochas Okorocha's relationship with this? The name Okorocha has so driven people insane that they like mentioning it even in what he has no business. The whole write up should have referred to government officials and never Okirocha. Tufiakwa!
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Juliette05(f): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
vingeophysicist:
your governor use my town as experiment
na our governor cheesy
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Juliette05(f): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
comradeodunze:
She is based in the US hence, the classification of the building as a three storey. Hope you go blind searching for your glasses. In the race to earn a spot on the frontpage, you typed this shiit? smh.
the last time I checked the building is in Nigeria, not in the states, as per shiit, I have enough, do you care for some
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
PHIPEX:
Does that warrant demolition without notice or compensation, should all 40yr old buildings in the country be demolished without concrete evidence of structural defect? How can a sensible govt pull down a widow's source of income based on verbal notice.

Touchy feely as it may be, the law is no respected of biases.

The building was demolished not repossessed so there is no grounds to claim compensation.

Being a Widow means fuckall to me. She lives in America so she can't be doing too badly.

And the structure being her only source of income does not change the fact that the building required work. And the fact that they said they were not given formal notice does not make it true.

You surely don't expect the author to come and tell you that they had notice and didn't comply. That's why she played the sympathy card of the age of the owner, her marital status And claims they were going to do it when they had time and the building g was their only source of income.. Total hogwash.

I will only back Bimpe station claims if the Imo State Government repossessed the land, but if the land is still their own, they will not get a cent in compensation.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
VULCAN:
This is what happens when someone doesn't take time to read a story and digest the main gist.

The major issue is the fact that due process was not taken before the act of demolishing the building.

To make matters worse they were only verbally instructed to remodel the building and it appears no time frame was given. So why tell them to remodel then go behind and give an order to demolish.

Things should not be done this way.

Having said this, the governor has every right to demolish any building after taking appropriate steps.

My Guy, if Government will destroy your building, they will first come and Mark it.. This is a standard we all know. So let's assume things are the same until proven otherwise. The fact that she said they didn't isn't enough proof for me. So if she did not know, how did she get the verbal notice? grin Bros leave matter, this is the normal way of Nigerians always looking to play the victim card..

Even before Government pursue Agbero and bus drivers from under bridge for Lagos, dem give them more than 6 months notice.

I call bullshit on her account.. Be 60million compensation den dey find.

And mind you, I don't even like Rochas
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by VocalWalls: 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
MadCow1:

The integrity of the building was not the bone of contention.
The governor only wanted a facelift.
That should be the basis of your comment. You definitely know how to be objective, now's the Time.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Iduatei(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
stane007:
An Instagram user, Ingrid Adaeze Okonta has called out governor Rochas Okorocha for allegedly destroying her grandmother’s building worth N60million.

She shared a photo of her grandma and the building and wrote;

My grandma Chief/Mrs. P.A Nwameme built this 3 story rental property with 18 first level storefronts in Mgbidi,IMO State in 1976. Governor Rochas and his evil contractors only gave her verbal notice to remodel the building to the standard of the new market. So my mother and her siblings decided to call from the U. S to look for a contractor who can remodel the three story building. The plan was when a suitable contractor was found, my mother and her siblings will all go to Nigeria in order to supervise the renovation. Before we knew it, my mother got a call from Nigeria that my grandmother’s three story building was bulldozed. Governor Rochas and his evil contractors never gave any time for a renovation. With no type of remorse he destroyed a 60million Naira worth building, with no compensation. This is illegal and shameful on the governor’s part. People live in that three story building and they have their businesses there. He has displaced so many people.My grandmother is a widow and this is one of her retirement incomes. This is so wrong on every level. They encourage Igbo people in diaspora to come back to Nigeria to develop but , yet they are destroying our property. It is very discouraging to want give back when your own people treat you like rubbish.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/gov-rochas-okorocha-allegedly-destroys-building-worth-n60million-belonging-widow/

The kinda curse's on this man's head would touch his children in a kinda way.
He is evil
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by MadCow1: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
VocalWalls:

The integrity of the building was not the bone of contention.
The governor only wanted a facelift.
That should be the basis of your comment. You definitely know how to be objective, now's the Time.

We don't know for sure if it was about the integrity or not.. I just don't trust the complainant many times in things like this.

Objectivity tells me that the Government don't just up and destroy buildings just because it was not renauvated. Same objectivity tells me that the Government does not demolish buildings without formal notice and a demolition order marking normally written with red paint on the wall of the building, fence and Gate months in advance of the demolition.

I am glad you spoke of being objective... Now that's is a challenge I hope you can accept.
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Charly68: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mama should go to court
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by 400billionman: 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
tyson98:

Like the one you have built.

smh..
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by Psoul(m): 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
tyson98:

The house need renovation. Will demolishing it bring the renovation? That man is just killing many ppl.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by cooltola(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
show the picture of the bulldozer , we have phone cameras nowadays. I do not believe until I see the evidences. Till then false news
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
MadCow1:

whenever I see posts as this,am happy not to be the only sane one left. Thank you
Re: Okorocha Accused Of Destroying N60million Building Belonging To A Widow (Photos) by laplace19(m): 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Juliette05:
Three storey?

In British standard, a storey is a space between the ground floor and the first floor or two suspended floors. In Nigeria, we use British code to do design/analysis of buildings. Therefore, the structure is a three-storey building. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Flag Given To Buhari By Army / Tinubu’s Forgery, Electoral Fraud Provoked Mmesoma Into Forgery: Aisha Yesufu / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.