Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi (720 Views)

Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra / Anambra: I'll Support The Re-election Of Obiano, Says Kalu / Obiano Says Awka Has Been Turned Into Europe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by Nkemakonam62: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
A former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, said on Wednesday he did not demand for N7billion from his successor, Willie Obiano.

The ex-governor said he left about $156million in bank, N25billion cash and N25billion in local investment for his successor.

Obi said he has never supported any candidate for personal benefits.

He also denied nursing ambition to be the vice presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2019.

Obi, who made the clarifications in a chat with journalists in Abuja, asked Governor Obiano to join him in church and swear an oath on the N7billion controversy.

He said: “Let me ask a question, you all are educated and it is on record in this country and documented, I can prove it with every clear documented evidence that when I left office , I left over N25billion in local investment for Anambra State. I left over N25 billion in cash in the bank. I also left $156 million in the bank in Nigeria. Do you think anyone can leave such money and go to beg the person he is handing over to give him N7 billion when I left over N75 billion?

“I would have taken the N7billion first, then give them the balance and I will still be in good shape. Let me use the dollar as example. Nobody has ever left $1 in any state in Nigeria. I left $156 million. About $30million alone is over N7billion. If I had taken chances and left $120million, I will still be a champion. So why will I leave that one and go begging for peanut?

“Why would I need the money and then go to beg the person I handed over to give me N7billion? I would have taken it. Let us be rational about all these.

“What is the idea behind this? It is sheer madness for anybody to do it. Not even in a family business, I cannot leave money and then go back to beg my brother talk less of handing over to somebody who is not my brother and who can change tomorrow.

“So, it is sheer blackmail, I have never and I am a Christian. I am not supposed to swear but I can put my hand in any form of oath to say I have never discussed with anybody to be paid any amount. Let Obiano himself come, let us go before hierarchy of our church or anything to swear. I have never done that and I will never do it.

“At this stage of my life, I cannot support anybody’s political aspiration for personal benefits. I have passed that stage. God has been very gracious to me. I did not go into politics in need. I was already a director in three financial institutions, a director in four other major companies out of which it was by the virtue of my investment I was running a successful family business.”

“If anything, going into politics made me poorer but I won’t question anything because that is where God wants me to be.

“Whatever happens to me is God’s design and I respect that. For me, all I want is for us to have a better society; caring for the poor, caring for the people.”
more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/09/i-didnt-demand-n7bn-from-obiano-says.html

Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by Homeboiy: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
u said u demand /

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by Africonji: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Everyone knows that the drunkard Obiano is a pathological liar and blackmailer. The ingrate knows in his heart that Okwute never demanded any 7 billion amount, he is just saying that to incite Ndi Anambra against his benefactor because he knows Peter Obi is the most loved politician in Anambra. I dare him to swear like Okwute has challenged him. But his propaganda has failed because nobody believes him. He still has not told us how he spent Okwute's $156million in bank, N25billion cash and N25billion in local investment that he left for him. Anambra deserves better than a propaganda governor.

globemoney 419, can your propaganda boss swear that Okwute ask him for N7 billion? The truth has come out. You pipo are shameless propaganda liars!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by Nbote(m): 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
If u did will U actually come out to admit u did?? Every thing is possible with Nigerian politicians
Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by o42austino(m): 10:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nbote:
If u did will U actually come out to admit u did?? Every thing is possible with Nigerian politicians
Peter obi is not that type of a person,his the only Governor that invited the Police,EFCC and ICPC a day before he handed over power on life Television and handed copy's containing all government earning and expenditure to them,he also handed them copies of a document containing the investment made on behalf of ndi Anambra and the money saved and their account details.
Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:
[s]Everyone knows that the drunkard Obiano is a pathological liar and blackmailer. The ingrate knows in his heart that Okwute never demanded any 7 billion amount, he is just saying that to incite Ndi Anambra against his benefactor because he knows Peter Obi is the most loved politician in Anambra. I dare him to swear like Okwute has challenged him. But his propaganda has failed because nobody believes him. He still has not told us how he spent Okwute's $156million in bank, N25billion cash and N25billion in local investment that he left for him. Anambra deserves better than a propaganda governor.

globemoney 419, can your propaganda boss swear that Okwute ask him for N7 billion? The truth has come out. You pipo are shameless propaganda liars!!!![/s]
Smh.. This soft spoken criminal peter obi is not a christian but a member of olumba olumba.. He can swear an oath before any priest because he deosnt fear the repercussions, we know him very well. Why is he pretending he didnt hear the challenge from Ifeanyi ubah, incase you forget, here is what ubah said on a national TV programme..

"I challenge Peter Obi for a public debate to come and counter the N7billion allegation i laid against him" - Ifeanyi Ubah
https://www.nairaland.com/4064623/peter-obi-fighting-gov-obiano

Let peter obi accept this simple challenge before we know the ekperima is serious.. Lmao.. by the way below is an interview from peter obis commissioner for information... Let him keep deceiving fools.. lol

Re: I Didn’t Demand N7bn From Obiano Says Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:35am On Sep 21, 2017
o42austino:
Peter obi is not that type of a person,his the only Governor that invited the Police,EFCC and ICPC a day before he handed over power on life Television and handed copy's containing all government earning and expenditure to them,he also handed them copies of a document containing the investment made on behalf of ndi Anambra and the money saved and their account details.
EFCC, ICPC has also not invited theordore orji and the likes... so stop deceiving yourself.. Here is a challenge from ifeanyi ubah, why not peter obi accept this challenge so we know he is serious..

"I challenge Peter Obi for a public debate to come and counter the N7billion allegation i laid against him" - Ifeanyi Ubah
https://www.nairaland.com/4064623/peter-obi-fighting-gov-obiano

(1) (Reply)

LET'S GO INTO THE WARD GOVERNMENT TO SAVE NIGERIAN FROM PORVERTY / See What "One Dance" Is Planning To Do Me!! / Breaking: President Buhari Meets South East Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.