Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi (1064 Views)

As Anambra Clocks 28 Years Today, See Aerial View Of State Capital, Awka (Photo) / Anambra Gov To Partner With Farmers To Develop Igbo Species Of Cows (Photo) / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Africonji: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2017
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/obiano-inherited-no-debt-anambra-gov-―peter-obi/

•SAYS ‘I’M READY TO SWEAR I DIDN’T DEMAND MONEY FROM OBIANO’

FORMER Governor of Anambra state, Mr Peter Obi said on Wednesday that he left no debt for his successor, Mr Willie Obiano to inherit.

The former Governor who spoke in an interview in Abuja said he has clear records of his achievements in office adding that he also has records of the financial balance sheet of the state when he left office.

He was speaking against the backdrop of the data released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) which showed that the Federal Government and the states have sunk deeper into debt crisis.

He also debunked insinuations in some quarters indicating that he had demanded that his successor pay him the sum of N7 billion.

Obis said: “It is on record in this country, it is documented and I can prove it with every clear documented evidence that when I left office, I left over N25 billion in local investment for Anambra State.

I left over N25 billion in cash at the banks, and I left $156 million in the bank in Nigeria. Do you think anybody can leave such money and then go to tell the person he’s handing over to give him N7 billion, when I left over N75 billion?

“I would have taken it first and then give them the balance and I will still be in good shape. Let me use the dollar as example. Nobody has ever left one dollar in any State in Nigeria. I left $156 million. $30 million alone is over N7 billion. If I had taken $36 million and left $120, I would have still been a champion.

“So, why will I leave the money and go and beg the person to start giving me peanuts? So, what is the idea that – it’s madness for anybody to do it. Not even in a family business. I cannot leave money and then start chasing my brother to give me, talk less of when I’m handing over to somebody who is not my brother, who can change tomorrow. I have never; I’m a Christian, I’m not supposed to swear, but I can put my hand on any…. and say I’ve never discussed with anybody to be paid any amount. Let Obiano himself come let’s go before the church or anything and swear that. I have never done that and I will never do it.

He stated further: “Let me even say, that at this stage of my life, I cannot support anybody in political office for personal benefit. I’ve passed that stage. God has been very gracious to me. I did not go into politics in need. I was already the Director in three financial institutions, a Director in four other major companies, out of which is by virtue of my investment because I was running a successful farming business. If anything, going into politics made me poorer, but I won’t question that because God decided that.

“Where I find myself in life, whatever happens to me, they are God’s design and I respect that. So, for me, there is no need. What I want is for us to have a better society that is caring for the poor, that is caring for its people that is equitable, where everything works.

That’s what I want. So, I don’t support people for personal gain. I will never do it.”

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2017
wow

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Cuche: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2017
If anything, going into politics made me poorer, but I won’t question that because God decided that. I’m a Christian, I’m not supposed to swear, but I can put my hand on any…. and say I’ve never discussed with anybody to be paid any amount. Let Obiano himself come let’s go before the church or anything and swear that. I have never done that and I will never do it.”
'Saint' Peter Obi and lies.

Nobody has ever left one dollar in any State in Nigeria.
“So, why will I leave the money and go and beg the person to start giving me peanuts? So, what is the idea that – it’s madness for anybody to do it.
N 7 Billion became peanut after surpervising all LGA funds, all IGR, all donor agencies grant, all Fed Allocation s all ecological funds and all PDP campaign funds for South East. If I were Obiano I will find a way of giving Mr Obi his money @ 500 million monthly in 14 months, I will be done and over with that. Obiano should be honourable enough to settle him though we all know the expenditures for that 2013 campaign were from the State purse and not Mr Obi's personal money.
Lol #7 Billion given to Mr Obi now will go a long way in bankrolling Obaze's campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by babyfaceafrica: 8:41am On Sep 21, 2017
All these polithieficians will not let us hear word

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by ONYEUTALI: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2017
HTW

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by stefanweeks: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2017
who cares?
Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Africonji: 11:41am On Sep 21, 2017
Mynd44, this thread requires your attention. The world needs to hear the truth.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2017
All you governors should go to hell. You have failed ndiigbo. You are all cursed. I lay a curse on all of you .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Mopolchi: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/obiano-inherited-no-debt-anambra-gov-―peter-obi/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Peter Obi is the best governor Anambra has ever had. Thank you OP for this because globemoney won't like this news you posted here. But it is the truth. I heard Akwatuodike Aguleri is paying globemoney 5000 naira to defend him. Just watch, globemoney will show and talk gibberishly about the drunkard we have as a governor. He is going come November 18 2017.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
See criminal speaking embarassed

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Mopolchi: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Peter Obi... Anambra State best governor till date.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Africonji: 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mopolchi:
Peter Obi is the best governor Anambra has ever had. Thank you OP for this because globemoney won't like this news you posted here. But it is the truth. I heard Akwatuodike Aguleri is paying globemoney 5000 naira to defend him. Just watch, globemoney will show and talk gibberishly about the drunkard we have as a governor. He is going come November 18 2017.

globe money is a stupid boy. They just want to tanish Okwute's reputation but they will fail. Him and his paymaster will soon be disgraced out of awka.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Mopolchi: 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:

globe money is a stupid boy. They just want to tanish Okwute's reputation but they will fail. Him and his paymaster will soon be disgraced out of awka.
Correction 2017 is a no going back project. Both of them will be removed.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by globemoney: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
Cuche:

'Saint' Peter Obi and lies.

N 7 Billion became peanut after surpervising all LGA funds, all IGR, all donor agencies grant, all Fed Allocation s all ecological funds and all PDP campaign funds for South East. If I were Obiano I will find a way of giving Mr Obi his money @ 500 million monthly in 14 months, I will be done and over with that. Obiano should be honourable enough to settle him though we all know the expenditures for that 2013 campaign were from the State purse and not Mr Obi's personal money.
Lol #7 Billion given to Mr Obi now will go a long way in bankrolling Obaze's campaign.
No, Obiano will not pay anything to obi.. Peter obi stole over 100 billion from Anambra state government.. He should be happy obiano has not reported him to efcc but his greed will not let him enjoy what his has stolen so far

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by LasGidiOwner: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
When you should be more interested in your dead Abia state. I don't know what is wrong with this Abia people? That was how they attracted the military to come their state to be massacred. Why are you people neglecting your state? All these efforts you are wasting on a progressive state like Anambra should have spent on pushing your useless governor into doing something for your state. Tufia

[s]
Africonji:

[/s]
Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by globemoney: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:
Fake news like this is not the truth,, Peter obi should quit running around like a headless chicken and accept this challenge from ifeanyi ubah

"Mr. Peter Obi did not rig the Anambra PDP primaries because he wants PDP to win Anambra guber election, but to box Gov. Willie Obiano into paying him the N7billion 2013 election fund" ~ Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah.

I have the fact and Obi can challenge me if he denies this ~ Ubah added!
https://www.nairaland.com/4064623/peter-obi-fighting-gov-obiano

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by globemoney: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2017
Mopolchi:
[s]Peter Obi is the best governor Anambra has ever had. Thank you OP for this because globemoney won't like this news you posted here. But it is the truth. I heard Akwatuodike Aguleri is paying globemoney 5000 naira to defend him. Just watch, globemoney will show and talk gibberishly about the drunkard we have as a governor. He is going come November 18 2017.[/s]

Anambra state government inherited a total contract sum of N185.1 billion as liability from the Obi administration.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/obiano-denies-obis-n75bn-handover/

Peter obi, the most useless governor after mbadinuju should keep fooling idiots
Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Africonji: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
When you should be more interested in your dead Abia state. I don't know what is wrong with this Abia people? That was how they attracted the military to come their state to be massacred. Why are you people neglecting your state? All these efforts you are wasting on a progressive state like Anambra should have spent on pushing your useless governor into doing something for your state. Tufia

[s][/s]

You and your treacherous paymaster are trying to divide Ndigbo but you have failed. You pipo's propaganda has failed. Okwute has more credibility than Willie Obiano can only dream of. You have a date with history come November. Ndi Anambra deserves better. Start looking for another job because this propaganda work will end in two months.Chino, if you don't stop your devisive ways I will place a curse on you. You have been warned.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
Peter obi social media propaganda team; Africonji, mopolchi, nwabobo, ijoba2 after going through this thread right now

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by globemoney: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:

[s]You and your treacherous paymaster are trying to divide Ndigbo but you have failed. You pipo's propaganda has failed. Okwute has more credibility than Willie Obiano can only dream of. You have a date with history come November. Ndi Anambra deserves better. Start looking for another job because this propaganda work will end in two months.Chino, if you don't stop your devisive ways I will place a curse on you. You have been warned.[/s]
see frustration, you wan place curse now, na so e pain you reach? hahahahaha... So LasGidiOwner should be afraid of your e-curse.. You unlettered peter obi clowns are just comedy.. What will you do when obiano wins with a landslide in November? Why are you jealous of obiano's achievements? This is why good governance keeps eluding your abia state.. smh

1 Like

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by LasGidiOwner: 1:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
Stop spitting your dirty Aba saliva all over the place. I am only asking that you spend more time to talk about your dead Abia state. You can't love me more than you love yourself. Show some love for your state, and stop neglecting it. Charity begins at home, show some charity and love for your Abia state where people are being slaughtered daily by the military. You have not opened a single thread to weep about the horrid condition of Abia state as a failed state. You are a bitter enemy of Anambra who pretends to love us on the surface but inwardly you are bitter and envious of us and our state developmental strides as a frontline Nigerian state.

You have not opened a thread to discuss the military massacre in your state. Why would anyone take you seriously when you are discussing a progressive state as Anambra instead of paying attention to your failed Abia state. Stop discussing about our state and focus more on your dead Abia state for once. Leave us alone.

All we are asking for is for you to stop neglecting your state and leaving it for criminals and bad governance to engulf it. It is not being divisive in anyway. I spit on you Abia people, just look at what is going on in your state below but it does not bother you one bit to discuss it. Tufia

Be wise for once

[s]
Africonji:

You and your treacherous paymaster are trying to divide Ndigbo but you have failed. You pipo's propaganda has failed. Okwute has more credibility than Willie Obiano can only dream of. You have a date with history come November. Ndi Anambra deserves better. Start looking for another job because this propaganda work will end in two months.Chino, if you don't stop your devisive ways I will place a curse on you. You have been warned.
[/s]

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by FKO81(m): 1:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Africonji:
what truth? Kindly search for states debt from 2011 to 2014, when Nigeria wasn't in recession and mind Gov Obiano's legacy projects under 3 years surpassed Obi projects. Obi is a silent criminal
Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Marcelo290(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
All these Propagandists sef...
Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by Mopolchi: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
globemoney:

Anambra state government inherited a total contract sum of N185.1 billion as liability from the Obi administration.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/obiano-denies-obis-n75bn-handover/

Peter obi, the most useless governor after mbadinuju should keep fooling idiots

Re: Obiano Inherited No Debt From Me As Anambra Gov ― Peter Obi by fergie001: 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
cry

Look at what politics is doing to brothers?
They are even posting despicable pictures of their brothers?

Would you now shout afonja or skull miners?
Tomorrow,you will start shouting marginalization.
So what happened to politics of ideas thay Mbakwe,Okpara and Zik played.
So,if we you challenge one another with ideas,heaven will fall.
Una suppose shame.

You all cannot play or discuss politics of ideas except mess yourselves up there.

I am disappointed. cry cry

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Fell To Pride. Let Igbo Intellectuals Take Over The Struggle Now. / Buhari Set To Pick Gov. Umahi As Running Mate In 2018 A Source Says / Anambra Election Update: Ogbaru Apc Chiarman Picked Up, Boycott Devastating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.