Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Fight For Biafra Is Not Sincere – Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight For Biafra Is Not Sincere – Orji Kalu (287 Views)

Niger Delta Youths Reacts On Asari Dokubo "I Will Stop Agitation For Biafra / Jerusalem As Capital: IPOB Turkey 'Diplomat' Ally Withdraws Support For Biafra / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Fight For Biafra Is Not Sincere – Orji Kalu by Handsomecole(m): 8:21am On Sep 21, 2017
Fight For Biafra Is Not Sincere – Orji Kalu

Former governor of Abia State, Mr Orji Kalu, says the agitation by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is not sincere.

Mr Kalu’s comments come as more reactions continued to trail the declaration of IPOB as a terror group by the Nigerian Military.

The former governor, who addressed reporters in Abia State, condemned the activities of the group who he said were only being used by politicians for political reasons.

‘These boys (IPOB supporters) are not capable of holding anybody to ransom because they are not sincere; fight for Biafra is not a sincere fight, it is an instruction,” he said.

“Let me be honest with you, some politicians were playing politics with it, they are taking these boys to help them to win the election. It’s impossible, it’s not our law, it’s not our way; election must be democratically done.”

Kalu also backed the deployment of soldiers to the region, saying the group’s activities were challenging Nigeria’s sovereignty.

He said he had visited some parts of the state to see things for himself, noting that the situation cannot be handled by the police alone.

“I don’t know why people are shouting all over. I’m in Abia, I have seen mostly all the security chiefs. I’ve gone round Aba, I’ve gone round to see things by myself.

“When you go to a place somebody sews army uniform, somebody says he ha a Biafran intelligence agency, somebody tells you he has Biafran army, do you need to bring police? You don’t need to bring police for God’s sakes; you need to roll out the Army because he has challenged the sovereignty of our nation and that is what it is,” the former governor said.

He, however, urged the Federal Government to consider the report of the 2014 Confab, to help douse the gale of agitations across the land.

Kalu proposed that the only way by which government can address the agitations for secession was to restructure Nigeria, adding that one more state should be created in the South-East region.

He said, “We must come back to see how Igbos, everywhere we are, must get equity; restructure is the only way that we can go. The country must restructure, restructuring does not mean divide the country; restructuring means put things in order.”

“We should go back to the conference resolutions, let’s start with that because that was constituted fairly. I’m pleading with the Federal Government and everybody to back with the 2014 Confab report.

“Let us implement it and they should know that the South-East should have one more state to be able to balance,” said the former governor.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/09/17/fight-for-biafra-is-not-sincere-orji-kalu/

1 Share

Re: Fight For Biafra Is Not Sincere – Orji Kalu by Mynd44: 8:24am On Sep 21, 2017

(1)

10 Yrs Old Girl Pray For Nigeria Army (video) / Flood Displaces 3,200 People In Imo State – Agency Says / See Evidence Of Gov Ajimobi Agric Policies In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.