Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

"Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches (404 Views)

COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani / Gov Ugwuanyi Swears In New Commissioner, Four Youths As Special Advisers / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches by 10mobile: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2017
Fellow youths!
Whether you know it or not, the future of this Nation (or even if it breaks up into smaller Nations) is in our hands as youths. Today, we too easily blame the oldies for having messed up things for us. We recount history and we point accusing fingers. Tomorrow, we shall be old and our children will do same to us UNLESS WE REALLY STAND UP TO CHANGE HISTORY NOW.

I want to tell you fellow youths that we are too advanced now (or we should be) to allow the oldies remote control us. Whether you are (alphabetically)Efik, Fulani, Hausa, Igbo, Tiv, Urhobo, Yoruba or whatever, you are still a kid if you cannot stand on your feet but instead depend on - and so teleguided by - the antiquated political class. We sometimes take sides with politicians from our parts of the country against people from other parts. That is the height of foolishness and see why: The entire ruling class in Nigeria have been selfish from day one. We are not fortunate enough to have REAL ROLE MODELS - people who really paid a price for our sake. Not as the South African youths have in Nelson Mandela for example. Instead, the entire political class, out of selfishness from day one, has taken decisions and made policies that have worked against you and me even as we are reading this.

So, instead of turning against one another, let us realise that we have a common enemy in the ruling class and all its extentions. But instead, we still allow them to remote-control us by using money and religion as baits. Let's realise that we are mortgaging our future whenever we do so.

There is this story of a local thieve who went and stole a goat belonging to a farmer named Terungwa. He went and prepared peppersoup with the goat and brought some in a dish to Terungwa and Terungwa was all thanks. How foolish he was! And that's what the ruling class does to us all. They have stolen a lot that would have made your and my life better than it is. Then, they sometime give us just a little out of the booty and we go hairwire for their sake and are ready to die or kill for them. Poor us!

Today, Emmanuel Macron is ruling a first world economy (France). While he was being sworn in this year, he was only 39. But here in Nigeria, 39- even 49-year-olds are content to die or kill to advance the political career of some old thieves somewhere. Shey na juju them do us so?

Let us spend more of our time and our energies working to be independent of these people instead of fighting one another. Let us make SACRIFICES to be free and for the sake of our children born and yet unborn. The earlier we do this, the better for us. Let us make the ruling class depend on us even financially. The advantage we have over them in this regard, is our young creative, progressive ingenuity. Today, corporations like Google, Facebook, Yahoo and yes, even Microsoft are ruling the world and youths like us have put them together. Let's think and grow up please.
Re: "Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches by Pascalberry(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2017
i guess i hit FTC. For the very fvcking 1 tym cheesy cheesy
Re: "Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches by 10mobile: 11:15am On Sep 21, 2017
10mobile:
Fellow youths!
Whether you know it or not, the future of this Nation (or even if it breaks up into smaller Nations) is in our hands as youths. Today, we too easily blame the oldies for having messed up things for us. We recount history and we point accusing fingers. Tomorrow, we shall be old and our children will do same to us UNLESS WE REALLY STAND UP TO CHANGE HISTORY NOW.
lalasticlala mynd44 seun please. Let's start a positive change of attitude and save our generation.
Re: "Let's Grow Up" My Open Letter To Nigerian Youths - As 1st October Approaches by jpphilips(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2017
10mobile:
Fellow youths!

I want to tell you fellow youths that we are too advanced now (or we should be) to allow the oldies remote control us. Whether you are (alphabetically)Efik, Fulani, Hausa, Igbo, Tiv, Urhobo, Yoruba or whatever, you are still a kid if you cannot stand on your feet but instead depend on - and so teleguided by - the antiquated political class. We sometimes take sides with politicians from our parts of the country against people from other parts. That is the height of foolishness and see why: The entire ruling class in Nigeria have been selfish from day one. We are not fortunate enough to have REAL ROLE MODELS - people who really paid a price for our sake. Not as the South African youths have in Nelson Mandela for example. Instead, the entire political class, out of selfishness from day one, has taken decisions and made policies that have worked against you and me even as we are reading this.

So, instead of turning against one another, let us realise that we have a common enemy in the ruling class and all its extentions. But instead, we still allow them to remote-control us by using money and religion as baits. Let's realise that we are mortgaging our future whenever we do so.

There is this story of a local thieve who went and stole a goat belonging to a farmer named Terungwa. He went and prepared peppersoup with the goat and brought some in a dish to Terungwa and Terungwa was all thanks. How foolish he was! And that's what the ruling class does to us all. They have stolen a lot that would have made your and my life better than it is. Then, they sometime give us just a little out of the booty and we go hairwire for their sake and are ready to die or kill for them. Poor us!

Today, Emmanuel Macron is ruling a first world economy (France). While he was being sworn in this year, he was only 39. But here in Nigeria, 39- even 49-year-olds are content to die or kill to advance the political career of some old thieves somewhere. Shey na juju them do us so?

Let us spend more of our time and our energies working to be independent of these people instead of fighting one another. Let us make SACRIFICES to be free and for the sake of our children born and yet unborn. The earlier we do this, the better for us. Let us make the ruling class depend on us even financially. The advantage we have over them in this regard, is our young creative, progressive ingenuity. Today, corporations like Google, Facebook, Yahoo and yes, even Microsoft are ruling the world and youths like us have put them together. Let's think and grow up please.

When our 39 year olds are senseless, how are they supposed to lead? the latest f00l in Nigeria, Nnamdi kanu is how old?
Age is not the problem, sense is, the nigerian youth is extremely dumb, if they are not bathing salt water to cure Ebola, they are following a lunatic about.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Those Calling IPOB Terrorists Needs Their Head To Be Checked / Fg Praises Akwa Ibom For Keying Into Governmet’s Local Content Policy / PHOTOS: Osinbajo At Akwa Ibom Msmes Exibition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.