Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,808 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani (44906 Views)

Keyamo, An Embarrassment To The Legal Profession - Atiku Campaign / Peter Esele: Oshiomhole's Utterances, Huge Embarrassment To Nigeria, APC / Onnoghen: Osinbajo Is An Embarrassment, Should Be Stripped Of SAN Title - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by bolaayenimo: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Barr. Monday Ubani, a former 2nd Vice-President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), on Friday said he is deeply disappointed by the utterances of Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state over the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.

Ubani, in a chat with Daily Independent, said rather than be an ambassador to Nigerian youths, the governor is embarrassing them through his utterances and actions.

The governor in a recent interview had said the state has developed an application that residents can use to ascertain whether persons with symptoms of coronavirus should report for testing.

According to the governor “So far, we have established about three isolation centres in the state. As God would have it, we have not recorded any issue. What we did was to develop an app that we launched and ensured that all citizens in Kogi State have access to that particular app.

“We carry out serious sensitisation and whoever is exhibiting any symptom, if you just simply log on to that app and follow the simple instruction, you will know whether you should come for any test or make any adverse report.”

However, Ubani who said it is appalling that the governor has not made any provison because the state has not recorded a single case also wondered if the application mentioned by the governor has been approved by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

“I see such a pronouncement from an executive governor of a state in these trying times as statement that doesn’t have any logic and credibility. It is just appalling. That application he mentioned that he is using to test the status of the citizens has not been approved by the NCDC as being accurate”.

“Also, for the fact that I also heard that he has not made any provision at all for any patient because nobody in the state has tested positive, I think that there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere”.

“It is a very huge disappointment for such a state governor at this critical time when people are making arrangements for some of the unanticipated consequences of this pandemic. That a governor is saying he has not put any structure in place at all in the state is utterly shocking”.

“I think it is just a comedy on his part, and that it is coming from a governor everywhere places so much hope on in terms of the fact that based on his age, he is one of those people have been saying he is representing young Nigerians in government.

We have been having so many old men running Nigeria and now that we have a young man like the Kogi governor, I don’t think he is representing the interest of young Nigerians very well. Rather than representing the youths of Nigeria, I think he is embarrassing them”.

“It is very shocking. If those running around him, his aides and advisers cannot be bold enough to tell him the truth, those of us who are not in anyway his loyalists or his friends can be bold enough to tell him that we he said is an abomination and something that shouldn’t be heard from any serious-minded governor in 21st century”.

“That he has not made any arrangement because he has not tested anyone positive in Kogi is not something a serious government should make as a pronouncement. It is very appalling and a totally embarrassing statement” Ubani said.

https://www.independent.ng/covid-19-app-yahaya-bello-an-embarrassment-to-nigerian-youths-ubani/

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by nairavsdollars(f): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Developed countries like US, UK have no app for testing COVID-19 patients but Kogi state has it. Are you madt?

257 Likes 15 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Iyiataata92: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
When we were shouting before his reelection, they called us wailers. Now, there is nothing we can do about it.
Kogi people will have to manage it for the next 4 years.
Just like Buhari is opening everybody's eyes.
Next time you reason with us

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by ukukaegbu(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
We don hear

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by bolaayenimo: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
there is nothing God cannot do
nairavsdollars:
Developed countries like US, UK have no app for testing COVID-19 patients but Kogi state has it. Are you madt?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:

angry angry angry

lol angry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Iyiataata92: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
God is really wonderful. Same way the Lagos state government treated the Italian man and gave him amala while the US and UK were battling with their own.
Nothing pass God

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by nairavsdollars(f): 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
How come no other state has the app?

Iyiataata92:

God is really wonderful. Same way the Lagos state government treated the Italian man and gave him amala while the US and UK were battling with their own.
Nothing pass God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Olunmercy56(f): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Continue grin grin
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Corrinthians(m): 10:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
How is Yahaya Bello a Youth?

Am I missing something here

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by WaleGab: 10:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
How is Yahaya Bello a Youth?

Am I missing something here
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by sammyj: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
Not only embarrassment to the youth but also a mockery to governance in Africa as a whole. shocked

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by omotoniwa(f): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Is a disgrace to humanity.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Obasiomogo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
the governor we know he has nothing to offer at All,
my fear is people leaving in Kogi state, because yahaya bello is the most confused governor in Nigeria.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Raydos: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
Someone that should have been shot dead immediately he made that statement

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Jeremy1234: 6:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Yahaya bello
Always doing like Yamaha generator

26 Likes

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by nairavsdollars(f): 6:09am On Apr 25, 2020
Tell me something I don't know about Yamaha generators abeg

Jeremy1234:
Yahaya bello
Always doing like Yamaha generator
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Bello is visionless and clueless no doubt about that

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Mathiasa(m): 6:43am On Apr 25, 2020
cry
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Mikelarteta(m): 7:37am On Apr 25, 2020
Who did this to Kogi state?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by helinues: 7:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Yaya Yeye Bello Bellow

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by directonpc(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2020
Hmm nothing bad about developing an official app. The state could use that app to reduce fake news and communicate with locals.

Providing right information is also key in fighting COVID-19

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Imoh555(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2020
I watched that video interview couldn't help but weep for kogi people

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Roon9(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2020
The man's ineptitude is rather unprecedented. Considering the kind of leaders we have/ have had Bello is the worst of them all

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Millz404(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2020
no plan to spend 5 kobo

check my signature
Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Mrl1: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2020
LET ME DESIGN A BUSINESS WEBSITE OR ENTERTAINMENT BLOG FOR YOU FOR JUST 15K OR 20K ONLY
HURRY NOW CALL OR WHATSAPP ME 070--15433--502
IT WILL TAKE ONLY 3DAYS TO FINISH YOUR WORK .

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Chekwume16(m): 7:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Those are the kind of people buhari want to perpetuate in office. Bunch of failures.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 APP: Yahaya Bello, An Embarrassment To Nigerian Youths – Ubani by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Hmm

I'm going to defend Yahaya bello for once...so here we go

1.An app might be very useful to help diagnosis. Fact is, covid19 presents with several types of known symptoms, so using the app might help.

2.Where the problems arise is, firstly, how many people in Kogi have access to an android phone? Am sure the rural areas don't have enough android phones too

2.Secondly, the basis behind the app is that someone who uses it and finds out he or she is positive....the next thing is to report to NCDC. Setting aside the fact that provisions for reaching an approved center may not be enough, the problem is, someone who may be positive would not report...stigma, and not willing to be isolated.

3.Finally, even if the app ticks you off as covid19 sufferer....you might not be. Fever, cough and breathlessness can be seen in a variety of respiratory tract infections. Only way to know is by testing for sure.

Having said that, the app is a good idea...especially as the people most affected for now are the educated elite who are most likely to have internet connections and android phones.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Neither Jonathan Nor Buhari Will Rule After February Election - Prophet Nwoko / Bandits Ambush Army Convoy In Benue, Cart Away N28 Million Cash And Weapons / Lai Mohammed, Amaechi And Gbemi Saraki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.