Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Governor Rochas: Please Review Your Strategy, Projects And Motives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Rochas: Please Review Your Strategy, Projects And Motives (822 Views)

Governor Umar Ganduje And Governor Rochas Okorocha Meets With Ibrahim Shekarau / My Opponents Only Exist On Social Media –Governor Rochas Okorocha / Reuben Abati Trolls Governor Rochas Okorocha On IG (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Rochas: Please Review Your Strategy, Projects And Motives by RolandAkachukwu(m): 10:53am On Sep 21, 2017
GOVERNOR ROCHAS: PLEASE REVIEW YOUR STRATEGY, PROJECTS AND MOTIVES 19/9/17

I WANT TO DRAW ATTENTION MAJORLY ON THE AERIAL BARRICADING OF OWERRI AFTER THE DEMONIC GATES FAILED, MULTIPLE POOR ROAD PROJECTS AND HARSH SOCIAL-ECONOMIC EFFECTS ETC.

I inspected some areas of Owerri over two weekends of 8-10 Sept and 16/9/17.
It covered Ow-Phc to Assupta/Control road, Concorde Hotel, Nekede Old Road to Umumbazor Nekede, Control –Warehouse-Post Office-Douglas, Warehouse-IICC (Imo Intl Conf. Centre-Old Rex Cinema/NEPA-Royce-Ekede/Alama Avenue-Douglas. School Road-MCC –Urrata Road, IMSU-Iwuanyawu Glass House Orji, Orji Road-Uwaelu, Orji-Old Secretariat Okigwe Road-Prisons-Mbari (Cultrual Center)-Cherubim Wethedral-Tetlow-Old Stadium, School Road-Wethedral-Fire Service-Ogbo-Oshishi-Emmanuel College-Nekede Road-Concorde- Imo Investment Centre-Phc Road.
I will make my comments brief as possible and employ that only those who know the areas should comment especially if you disagree. Please may I make one serious request for someone or persons who are good at taking GSM PICTURES TO GET SNAP SHOOTS AS A TRUE PICTURE (NOT PHOTOSHOPED OR EDITED.MANIPULATED) IS BETTER THAN A THOUSAND WORDS. Dr Nma Olebare did one FOTOS-SPEAK in the past but was wrongly attacked by yes-members.
1) AERAIAL BARRICADE OR OBSTRUCTIONS ALONG MAJOR ROADS: I had written when Gov. Rochas/IMSG started with poorly conceived and execution of projects. ( in order not to repeat myself and for constrain of time & space, I will find my Old Post on PROJECTs & re-post it) It started with the “DEMONIC GATES” Rochas claimed will reduce crime rates in Owerri. Confirmed as failed project with uncompleted gates and unpaid contractors. Now we have AERIAL BARRICADE of major roads, including FEDERAL ROAD (as the ones along Government Sec. Sch-IMSU Okigwe Road will soon be mounted as the poor block-pillars are ready). This aerial obstruction started with the ones along Imo Raod/TV (IBC) – Concorde Hotel (AKASHAWA). The purported purpose is to beautify Owerri but it is totally wrong. There are better alternative ways. Many people don’t realize the implications of this in terms of SAFETY & EASY MOVEMENT OF GOODS AND SERVICES and ECONOMIC GROWTH OF OWEERI. Good examples include that Cranes, Containers, Rigs, Boilers and Industrial modular parts higher than the low heights of the barricades cannot be moved into Owerri or out. Please may Owerri AND Imo people, Chamber of Commerce, FGN Road Transport Unit/Transport Unions, even ROAD SAFETY etc, should put pressure to stop and remove those already mounted.
2) DITCHES/TERRIBLE HOLES AT ROCHAS PROJECT POINTS: Good examples of this include Assumpta Round-About, On River Nwa-Orie Tunnel-Bridge, Ow-Phc Road Tunnel sights Concorde & IMHA junctions. The SAFETY hazards and long traffic jams, frustrations, lost man-hours etc are better experienced than imagined. On 16th Sept, one vehicle broke down on top the Nwa-Orie site. For a Governor who claimed to be the best Imo has ever had, is it not easier to remedy these portions created by him? Yes, him, for he initiated the projects and has his men to supervise and eventually pay, if ever.
3) ROYCE-EGEDE-ALAMO AVENUE: The hold-up there is caused by broken culvert which can be fixed easily. People suffer here every day. Yet the IMSG over looks it and others but embark on more damages.
4) EXPANSION OF DOUGLAS COMPARED TO OTHERS: Remember that Douglas was already “dualized” long time ago. If the purported purpose is to make it “8-lanes”or whatever, projects are not just embarked upon without serious thinking about their costs and benefits, not just in terms of money but including social impacts and timing. Given the facts that IMSG is broke like other states, should Douglas rank high in project priorities? Me think all Douglas needed is re-surface it with coal-tar, clean the drains and demolish illegal projections of shops into the road. But, now, we will not up with inferior road, damaged underground drains and the last state will be worse than beginning, (Matt12v45, Lk11v26). This is common feature of all the projects undertaken by IMSG under Gov. Rochas. For examples, go to New Owerri-Nekede, check out Concorde-IIC (Imo Investment Centr-Phc Rd). Be it noted that even in London, when I visited, I saw narrow roads that are designated “one-way” to enhance traffic flow & management. Same applies to India as my brother reported. Multiple-lanes roads are built on fresh projects in less inhabited areas.
5) GREATER OWERRI RING ROAD (OBINZE-IHEAGWA/FUTO-NEKEDE-POLYNEK, NAZE-EGBU, URTTA-ORJI-ORLU ROAD, MBAITOLI-OKWU-OJI OW-ONTISHA RD BACK TO OBINZE) & ORJI IWUANYANWU GLASS HOUSE, BEHIND IMSU-MCC-URATTA ROAD-EGBU-OW-UMUAHIA ROAD.
Sincerely speaking, any Governor/Government in Imo interested to improve traffic flow and general development in Imo State must address these projects. The width is free, so what is holding back Rochas and more so why do shabby projects on them just to deceive people? The bad condition of the Orji Iwuanyanwu Glass House area has remained so for years. Driving in from Orji, one will think serious road project is going on, but that narrow road stopped before Uwa-elu, Fed. PolyNek –Iheagwa road is impassible. Why should Rochas focus on reasonable projects. Even MCC-URATTA road provides enough width for serious road construction project, but one can go and see the poor job, yet Gov. Rochas will soon mount his AERIAL BARRICADE around the old ITC Park and Township School –New Stadium area.
6) OLD-NEKEDE BRIDGE AND ROAD TO NEKEDE: Not minding being charged of selfishness, Gov Rochas’ bad treatment of Nekede people should be exposed and condemned. Here is the people that have suffered most in the hands of subsequent regimes in Imo State and Rochas ranks the worse Governor in this regard. Standard bridge was constructed by NDDC under Ex-Gov. Ohakim, but Rochas has abandoned the road. To deceive himself, while the main purpose is to cover corruption in the use of Imo Ecological funds, he constructed unnecessary “fake” through the ecological disaster created by excavation. The current status is that vehicles cannot use the bridge and big vehicles like trailers and Coca-cola trucks end up falling on the road. Travel down to Nekede and one will weep. To show you the deplorable state of the road, KEKE driver charged me N800 from Imo Civil Service Secretariat to No. 11 Bus stop while I paid N1000 from Phc to Ow. Worse of all, the only project Gov Rochas deemed fit for Nekede is the Refuge Dump site while totally neglecting the Nekede Farm for a Governor parroting about agricultural development. CONCLUSION: I have to stop. You can check things out for yourselves in Imo. Please ignore typo errors. God save Imo people & Nigeria from bad governments.

@EngrCELE
Re: Governor Rochas: Please Review Your Strategy, Projects And Motives by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 21, 2017
picture
Re: Governor Rochas: Please Review Your Strategy, Projects And Motives by discusant: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
RolandAkachukwu:
GOVERNOR ROCHAS: PLEASE REVIEW YOUR STRATEGY, PROJECTS AND MOTIVES 19/9/17

I WANT TO DRAW ATTENTION MAJORLY ON THE AERIAL BARRICADING OF OWERRI AFTER THE DEMONIC GATES FAILED, MULTIPLE POOR ROAD PROJECTS AND HARSH SOCIAL-ECONOMIC EFFECTS ETC.

I inspected some areas of Owerri over two weekends of 8-10 Sept and 16/9/17.
It covered Ow-Phc to Assupta/Control road, Concorde Hotel, Nekede Old Road to Umumbazor Nekede, Control –Warehouse-Post Office-Douglas, Warehouse-IICC (Imo Intl Conf. Centre-Old Rex Cinema/NEPA-Royce-Ekede/Alama Avenue-Douglas. School Road-MCC –Urrata Road, IMSU-Iwuanyawu Glass House Orji, Orji Road-Uwaelu, Orji-Old Secretariat Okigwe Road-Prisons-Mbari (Cultrual Center)-Cherubim Wethedral-Tetlow-Old Stadium, School Road-Wethedral-Fire Service-Ogbo-Oshishi-Emmanuel College-Nekede Road-Concorde- Imo Investment Centre-Phc Road.
I will make my comments brief as possible and employ that only those who know the areas should comment especially if you disagree. Please may I make one serious request for someone or persons who are good at taking GSM PICTURES TO GET SNAP SHOOTS AS A TRUE PICTURE (NOT PHOTOSHOPED OR EDITED.MANIPULATED) IS BETTER THAN A THOUSAND WORDS. Dr Nma Olebare did one FOTOS-SPEAK in the past but was wrongly attacked by yes-members.
1) AERAIAL BARRICADE OR OBSTRUCTIONS ALONG MAJOR ROADS: I had written when Gov. Rochas/IMSG started with poorly conceived and execution of projects. ( in order not to repeat myself and for constrain of time & space, I will find my Old Post on PROJECTs & re-post it) It started with the “DEMONIC GATES” Rochas claimed will reduce crime rates in Owerri. Confirmed as failed project with uncompleted gates and unpaid contractors. Now we have AERIAL BARRICADE of major roads, including FEDERAL ROAD (as the ones along Government Sec. Sch-IMSU Okigwe Road will soon be mounted as the poor block-pillars are ready). This aerial obstruction started with the ones along Imo Raod/TV (IBC) – Concorde Hotel (AKASHAWA). The purported purpose is to beautify Owerri but it is totally wrong. There are better alternative ways. Many people don’t realize the implications of this in terms of SAFETY & EASY MOVEMENT OF GOODS AND SERVICES and ECONOMIC GROWTH OF OWEERI. Good examples include that Cranes, Containers, Rigs, Boilers and Industrial modular parts higher than the low heights of the barricades cannot be moved into Owerri or out. Please may Owerri AND Imo people, Chamber of Commerce, FGN Road Transport Unit/Transport Unions, even ROAD SAFETY etc, should put pressure to stop and remove those already mounted.
2) DITCHES/TERRIBLE HOLES AT ROCHAS PROJECT POINTS: Good examples of this include Assumpta Round-About, On River Nwa-Orie Tunnel-Bridge, Ow-Phc Road Tunnel sights Concorde & IMHA junctions. The SAFETY hazards and long traffic jams, frustrations, lost man-hours etc are better experienced than imagined. On 16th Sept, one vehicle broke down on top the Nwa-Orie site. For a Governor who claimed to be the best Imo has ever had, is it not easier to remedy these portions created by him? Yes, him, for he initiated the projects and has his men to supervise and eventually pay, if ever.
3) ROYCE-EGEDE-ALAMO AVENUE: The hold-up there is caused by broken culvert which can be fixed easily. People suffer here every day. Yet the IMSG over looks it and others but embark on more damages.
4) EXPANSION OF DOUGLAS COMPARED TO OTHERS: Remember that Douglas was already “dualized” long time ago. If the purported purpose is to make it “8-lanes”or whatever, projects are not just embarked upon without serious thinking about their costs and benefits, not just in terms of money but including social impacts and timing. Given the facts that IMSG is broke like other states, should Douglas rank high in project priorities? Me think all Douglas needed is re-surface it with coal-tar, clean the drains and demolish illegal projections of shops into the road. But, now, we will not up with inferior road, damaged underground drains and the last state will be worse than beginning, (Matt12v45, Lk11v26). This is common feature of all the projects undertaken by IMSG under Gov. Rochas. For examples, go to New Owerri-Nekede, check out Concorde-IIC (Imo Investment Centr-Phc Rd). Be it noted that even in London, when I visited, I saw narrow roads that are designated “one-way” to enhance traffic flow & management. Same applies to India as my brother reported. Multiple-lanes roads are built on fresh projects in less inhabited areas.
5) GREATER OWERRI RING ROAD (OBINZE-IHEAGWA/FUTO-NEKEDE-POLYNEK, NAZE-EGBU, URTTA-ORJI-ORLU ROAD, MBAITOLI-OKWU-OJI OW-ONTISHA RD BACK TO OBINZE) & ORJI IWUANYANWU GLASS HOUSE, BEHIND IMSU-MCC-URATTA ROAD-EGBU-OW-UMUAHIA ROAD.
Sincerely speaking, any Governor/Government in Imo interested to improve traffic flow and general development in Imo State must address these projects. The width is free, so what is holding back Rochas and more so why do shabby projects on them just to deceive people? The bad condition of the Orji Iwuanyanwu Glass House area has remained so for years. Driving in from Orji, one will think serious road project is going on, but that narrow road stopped before Uwa-elu, Fed. PolyNek –Iheagwa road is impassible. Why should Rochas focus on reasonable projects. Even MCC-URATTA road provides enough width for serious road construction project, but one can go and see the poor job, yet Gov. Rochas will soon mount his AERIAL BARRICADE around the old ITC Park and Township School –New Stadium area.
6) OLD-NEKEDE BRIDGE AND ROAD TO NEKEDE: Not minding being charged of selfishness, Gov Rochas’ bad treatment of Nekede people should be exposed and condemned. Here is the people that have suffered most in the hands of subsequent regimes in Imo State and Rochas ranks the worse Governor in this regard. Standard bridge was constructed by NDDC under Ex-Gov. Ohakim, but Rochas has abandoned the road. To deceive himself, while the main purpose is to cover corruption in the use of Imo Ecological funds, he constructed unnecessary “fake” through the ecological disaster created by excavation. The current status is that vehicles cannot use the bridge and big vehicles like trailers and Coca-cola trucks end up falling on the road. Travel down to Nekede and one will weep. To show you the deplorable state of the road, KEKE driver charged me N800 from Imo Civil Service Secretariat to No. 11 Bus stop while I paid N1000 from Phc to Ow. Worse of all, the only project Gov Rochas deemed fit for Nekede is the Refuge Dump site while totally neglecting the Nekede Farm for a Governor parroting about agricultural development. CONCLUSION: I have to stop. You can check things out for yourselves in Imo. Please ignore typo errors. God save Imo people & Nigeria from bad governments.

@EngrCELE

You are like Rochas Okorocha: Imo state begins and ends in Owerri.

Well, no blames for your most parochial views. Blame goes to Rochas Okorocha who has made about 98% of his development projects in Owerri, and thus sacrificed his political good will in Owerri.

(1) (Reply)

Bodo-bonny Road Flag-off: Senator Uchendu Welcomes VP Osibanjo To Rivers / Breaking News: Osun State Local Govt. Election To Hold January 27 / Igbo Leaders Are Carwards, Selfish And Greedy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.