Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:29 AM

Re: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: (1436 Views)

"Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Ersan:

But you're the one posting them here are you not?
pls is this post threatening you?
Re: Re: by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 22, 2017
abdelrahman:
pls is this post threatening you?

just curious as to what your agenda is...
Re: Re: by diadem10: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ersan:

I laugh at the ignorance of people when they try to claim hausas have lost their culture. From marriage rites way of life to even how we practice islam is influenced by culture, like the durbar for instance is not actually an islamic way of celebrating eid but only occurs in hausa land. The argungu fishing festival is older than your greatest grand father. The way we sit, the way we greet, interact, all of this is influenced by our culture. Visit any hausa village and see the extent to which this is alive. Its truly embarrassing for you people that know anything about us but we know almost everything about you, you people need to stop believing in your stu pid misconceptions and stereotypes.

You've said a lot of ignorant things here but i feel this is the easiest target.

Niger is over 50% hausa, majority of whom are unmixed and unscathed. The only place this mixture seems prevalent is in the urban areas of north west nigeria but even then everyone knows what they identify with. How have Hausa lost their identity when every other ethnic group is ignorantly referred to as Hausa, dont you mean those ethnic groups have lost their identity? And btw, there is no such ethnic group as hausa, if you knew history you'd understand this, just a bunch of people with the same culture and language that called themselves that and over time this trend has continued to repeat itself.

Name just 1 state that's a fully Hausa state in Nigeria and while you're at it, tell us what the name of the kings in your town are called?

All the nonsense you keep spouting about eating, drinking etc, how are they different from the muslim practises?
Re: Re: by diadem10: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2017
EazyMoh:

Lol! Let's agree to disagree.
You changed the goal post right in the middle of the game by claiming America is different. The bone of contention here is that people let their ethnic/racial/tribal segregations take back seat when they have a more powerful ideology to bind them together.
Americans did shed their racial and tribal affiliations take the back seat while championing national patriotism likewise Hausa and Fulani relegated their ethnic affiliations to the background while embracing Islam as a unifying identity.
It's obvious you are not even a Hausa man nor a Fulani but here you are challenging me with a 50-50% Hausa-Fulani blood in me.
To say that a Hausa man has no cultural identity but what Islam gives is simply gross ignorance.
If you don't know simply ask.

Like I said earlier, America is a meeting point of all races. It was a sparse island that was incorporated by different races. Even at that, communities which made the America country all have roots that can be traced to their countries which are mostly mono ethnic. The Korean can traces their root back to Korea, the German, french and British likewise etc. You could always find the cultural views of the Koreans by visiting Korea regardless of having Koreans in America. The Yorubas in Cuba Brazil etc can always come home (SW) and integrate themselves with the cultures they may have lost and so-on

This is quite different from the Hausa who were basically changed to something else, in their homeland. So, who helps to uphold these cultural values if all have been changed to religion practises? They don't even have some artefacts which can tell something about them. All have been lost!
Re: Re: by EazyMoh(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Like I said earlier, America is a meeting point of all races. It was a sparse island that was incorporated by different races. Even at that, communities which made the America country all have roots that can be traced to their countries which are mostly mono ethnic. The Korean can traces their root back to Korea, the German, french and British likewise etc. You could always find the cultural views of the Koreans by visiting Korea regardless of having Koreans in America. The Yorubas in Cuba Brazil etc can always come home (SW) and integrate themselves with the cultures they may have lost and so-on

This is quite different from the Hausa who were basically changed to something else, in their homeland. So, who helps to uphold these cultural values if all have been changed to religion practises? They don't even have some artefacts which can tell something about them. All have been lost!
Again you are ignorant of Hausa people, their history or culture. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
I am currently in Kano, If you'd cone I'd have shown a thousand and one original cultural and ethnic heritage that predates Islam in Hausa land. Instead of you beating about the bush.
If a Hausaman, a Fulaniman and an Arab were to stand before you am sure you can differentiate them not just by the color of their skin, but by their modes of dressing and the language they speak.
Mind you linguistically it is Hausa that conquered Fulani, while Fulani conquered Hausa politically. In all there distinct aspects from Islam, Hausa as well as Fulani origins. But you wouldn't know that because you are not any of the above.
And me that I am, am telling you but you chose to argue.
Anyway believe what you want, your opinion doesn't change anything.
Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Re: by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ersan:

just curious as to what your agenda is...
my agenda is on nothing,you can check my previous post.
Re: Re: by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
diadem10:

Name just 1 state that's a fully Hausa state in Nigeria and while you're at it, tell us what the name of the kings in your town are called?

All the nonsense you keep spouting about eating, drinking etc, how are they different from the muslim practises?

Is there any state in this world that has only one ethnicity? Kano, Kaduna and all northwestern states are hausa majority! Every king is known as "sarki" including that of sokoto, emir is only used by english speakers and newspapers.

What do you mean by spouting drinking and eating?

1 Like

Re: Re: by diadem10: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
EazyMoh:

Again you are ignorant of Hausa people, their history or culture. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
I am currently in Kano, If you'd cone I'd have shown a thousand and one original cultural and ethnic heritage that predates Islam in Hausa land. Instead of you beating about the bush.
If a Hausaman, a Fulaniman and an Arab were to stand before you am sure you can differentiate them not just by the color of their skin, but by their modes of dressing and the language they speak.
Mind you linguistically it is Hausa that conquered Fulani, while Fulani conquered Hausa politically. In all there distinct aspects from Islam, Hausa as well as Fulani origins. But you wouldn't know that because you are not any of the above.
And me that I am, am telling you but you chose to argue.
Anyway believe what you want, your opinion doesn't change anything.
Have a nice day.

Can you differentiate a Fulani from Hausa in Nigeria? Do the Hausa in the North even have Museums where their artefacts can be found?

That's what I want to know.
Re: Re: by EazyMoh(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
diadem10:

Can you differentiate a Fulani from Hausa in Nigeria? Do the Hausa in the North even have Museums where their artefacts can be found?

That's what I want to know.
Of course I can differentiate, even though it's hard for an outsider. Even among the Hausa people I can differentiate one from Katsina, Kano, Zamfara, Sokoto, Bauchi not to talk of other northerners that seem Hausanized like Kanuri, Burra, Bateri and may more.
Likewise the Fulani. I can differentiate between a Fulani from outside Nigeria, one from Gombe or Adamawa as well as those living in Jigawa/Kano and many more.
There are dozens of Museums and shrines where Hausa people used to practice thier indigenous African religions but you know that because you have already concluded without trying to find out.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only Igbo Presidency ‘ll Address Marginalization Of South East Zone – Nnwaohanmu / Slain IPOB Members : Corpses Found Inside Bush. / Buhari Has Achieved More Than Obasanjo Did In Eight Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.