Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo (803 Views)

Open Letter To IPOB By Charles Ogbu / Peter Obi, A Pregnant Virgin In Pdp’s Maternity Ward – A Love Letter By Okonkwo / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Babanews(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Because you have drunk on an empty stomach, you feel dizzy, you call your governors cowards and prefer to listen to PDP political lepers like Femi Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, and Fayose.

There is a saying in Argentina that power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach. You feel dizzy. You get drunk. You lose your balance and you end up hurting yourself and those around you. A practical demonstration of this could be seen on the trails of devastation and ruins in Northeastern Nigeria after Mohammed Yusuf, the founder of Boko Haram, and his followers got drunk and dizzy from drinking gin on an empty stomach.

The same scenario is currently playing out in my backyard and I can’t help but write this love letter to my Supreme Leader and IPOB brothers that have been drinking gin on empty stomachs since Goodluck Jonathan lost the 2015 election.

As I watched my brothers on social media, I observed that majority of IPOB supporters are die-hard surrogates of GEJ. It is thus okay to mock and challenge the federal government for declaring IPOB a terrorist group because when the present government was in opposition they opposed your hero GEJ for doing it to Boko Haram. Your reasoning: if Boko Haram should be used to bring down the government of GEJ, you should be allowed to use IPOB to bring down Buhari’s government. Fair enough, so, I feel you my brothers.

But, the battle for 2019 cannot be won by the same strategy that led to the downfall of PDP in 2015. 2015 belongs to yesterday. So, for openly supporting your beloved IPOB, I suspect that most you are still drinking gin on an empty stomach long after your hero Goodluck Jonathan lost the 2015 election. My brothers, it is a brand new day and we should stop saluting ourselves with “welcome to yesterday.”

Because you have drunk on an empty stomach, you feel dizzy, you call your governors cowards and prefer to listen to PDP political lepers like Femi Fani-Kayode, Reno Omokri, and Fayose. When you get drunk, you hug the three political lepers that love us more than our governors. When they taunt you with “see what Nigerian military are doing to Igbos,” you surge forward shouting “nzogbu nzogbu, enyi mba enyi” like mugs to be killed by crude Nigerian soldiers.

We all condemn the murderous actions of the soldiers as uncivil and unconstitutional. We cry to Amnesty International to document the crimes of Nigerian soldiers, just like they did in Syria, Egypt, Afghanistan, Myanmar, and Yemen. But whose sons and daughters are being killed?

As we kept drinking on an empty stomach, we forgot that it was neither Lai Mohammed’s South-West nor Buhari’s North-West, nor Saraki’s North-Central, nor GEJ’s South-South that faced the scars of war and subsequent famine and devastation in the North-East. Because our reasoning is unbalanced, we forget that both IPOB and Nigerian military will unleash devastation and atrocities on us and our people just like what happened in the North-East.

You expressed love for your articulate and intelligent Supreme Leader! His head got swollen. After drinking gin on an empty stomach, he became dizzy and declared that he will go to Abuja and return with the head of the man parading himself as the President of the “zoo”. Because his followers and sympathizers are drunk themselves, they believed him. After all, he is a Jewish messiah sent by god to save his people from slavery.

So, he assembled the unemployed youths in the villages around Umuahia and boasted that he will trample on an elephant when katakata starts at the market square. But when trouble started, it appears that my Supreme Leader chickened out and left the small boys to die while protecting him.

I am no longer troubled that some of us who should know better are still drinking gin on an empty stomach and getting dizzy. What is troubling to me is that instead of going to bed, they are still picking up their phones and sharing the pictures of our brothers that were killed by crude Nigerian soldiers. Because they are drunk and dizzy, they forgot that the dead deserve some respect. You forgot that these youths that were brainwashed have parents and wives.

For my brothers, the intellectuals, who are still defending my Supreme Leader and faulting the federal government and Southeast Governors for banning IPOB, I love you. It seems that you guys are scared that your beloved channel for settling your score with PMB is being shut down. E-yaah. Don’t worry; Facebook and WhatsApp are still there for propagating truth, lies and fake news.
I love you all and your lies. If you are not spreading lies on Pete Edochie endorsing the boycott of the Anambra State Election, you are spreading lies that Chimamanda Adichie has endorsed the Biafran cause. Just recently, one of the PDP political lepers FKK led you to spread the lie about Mama Taraba implicating APC and El-Rufai in the kidnap of the Chibok girls.

I have sometimes wondered why these IPOB-GEJ surrogates will not stop revisiting that tragedy that led to his ultimate downfall in the 2015 election. For some reason, it seems like my IPOB brothers badly need the confirmation that the APC and the north conspired to bring down their dear hero Jonathan.

As we continue to search for the way forward for Ndigbo in Nigeria, just remember that the realities we are facing in Nigeria today cannot be resolved simply by protesting in front of the United Nations building in New York. Sharing clips of one idiot from Turkey as a show of foreign support is a deceit. One million petitions on Change.org will not smoothen our relationship with even the Ikwere and Ijaw people of the Niger Delta. Making empty noise on social media or sharing the gory pictures of our dead brothers cannot help the repositioning of the Igbo nation in Nigeria that we urgently need.
I love you all, my IPOB brothers, because it feels right in continuously hurting ourselves. Keep punching yourself in the face until you see the bruise. Keep scratching your skin with your nails until you see blood. But please, don’t stop. Your addiction to imaginary misery and drama, though a toxic behavior and gloomy demeanor reinforce our story that “they hate us.”

I love my Igbo brothers who are shamefully supporting My Supreme Leader because their hero Goodluck Jonathan lost the 2015 election. Though you represent this Igbo generation stuck in a pothole of miserable thinking, I still love you. Keep drinking gin on an empty stomach as you spin, unable to move like tires clenched in a 2015 mud. Keep sucking up oxygen and expelling all the positive energies around us as we make ourselves look like suckers to the rest of the ethnic groups in Nigeria.

I already know that you hate Buhari. You are free to do that, but must you also destroy yourself just to prove to the world that Buhari hates us? The world is not paying attention and no “Super Power” is coming soon to “give” us an independent State of Biafra.

What we need is wisdom - political and economic wisdom. Most importantly, we should fear the destruction we are capable of inflicting on ourselves.

I love you all!

Source: http://ontop24..com.ng/2017/09/keep-drinking-gin-on-empty-stomach-love.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by MasterChen: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
Okonkwo the BMC ewedu afonja man from Ogbomoso

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Flatties: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
grin
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by capatainrambo: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
another junk from the zombie residing @ brown roof district nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Nemesis1: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
They will attack the OP and the blog, dog wey go lost no go hear hunter whistle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Richdotcom: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rubbish!!! wole Soyinka wanna be clap for yourself.

Masturbator!!

2 Likes

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Amein(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
AFONJA!!!!!!!!!! AFONJA!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Richdotcom: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
Rubbish!!! wole Soyinka wanna be clap for yourself.

Masturbator!!

1 Like

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by omofunaab(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ewedugerian... Lagos-ibadan express way grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by paschu: 9:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
pboy247:
Greetings, my fellow Nairalanders.

I hope this piece hit FP.OP.

Now let's reason together and think about my counter views on Igbo bashing as expressed below.

Before you stone the Igbos, ask yourself, did the Igbos put guns on anybody's head before buying up Alaba, Ajegunle, isolo, festac, ago palaceway, ikotun, Apapa and Oshodi in Lagos.

Did they use juju before the Ibadan surrendered Iwo Road to them?

And what were we looking at before the Igbos took over Isida and Adeti in Ilesa.

Where were the YORUBAS when the Igbos thrived and built 90% of the Hotels at Abuja. Was there a law that excluded the YORUBAS from selling building materials? Dei Dei building materials market in Abuja is 90 % Igbo owned.

So the more we point one finger at the Igbos, the more we have the other four fingers pointing at our laziness and lack of initiative as a society.

The YORUBAS should have been better with all our education, but we may be worse that the Fulanis who just roam around the bush.

Why? Because we lack the entrepreneurship spirit. We just want salaries from doing 8am to 5pm job. We proceed in foolishness and we persist in hoping to reap plenty without showing hard. The Igbos are different, hence we are now jealous and envious.

We love wasteful parties and Aso Ebi. Just a little business without even making any profit yet, we usually call musicians to spay money like coffetti .

Where are all the Board Members of Ebenezer Obey today? Where is lawyer Omoyinmi and Lanre Badmus? Where is Oroki Social Club of Osogbo? Where is Felates of Ilesa and the likes whose trade mark was to bring Sunny Ade to Ilesa every Xmas, to waste all income gathered for the year?

The Yoruba society wasted their leading lights on excessive consumption and wasteful attitudes. We wasted our capital on frivolous social gatherings.

We took religion to ridicoulous levels, such that the wealthiest pastors and churches are now Yorubas. But all the wealth extracted by the churches from the Yoruba nation is also merely flaunted to show who's God is the most miraculous.

So we have become paupers and destitutes, as the Yoruba nation cannot now pay salaries. Pensions are owed for years.

Tell me, is Osun State filled with human beings or goats to have tolerated Aregbesola, when they rejected Akande. Say it loud, is the Constituted Authority of Ibadan sane to just bring about 21 Obas from nowhere to receive salaries, where there is no money to reopen Ladoja Akintola University?

Are the Ondos so wise to have allowed Mimiko to devastate their terrain as to be now saddled with 12 months salary arrears? What of Ekiti with rabble rousing Fayose and the intellectually arrogant Fayemi?

Even Lagos, there is nothing to write home about it, despite all the hype.

But the Igbos are hard workers. Let us not continue to deceive ourselves. 20 of their young boys can live in the shop from where they sell goods, after some years they will take over and become big boys even here in Lagos and in their father land! There is no place too dirty or remote for them to hibernate and incubate their ideas. Give them 5 years, you will see them buy and take over all shops and lands.

True, some of them are criminals which is not different from other tribes the Yoruba and hausas! but majority of the Igbo youths build and build physical structures away, while the YORUBAS are content with looking for salaried jobs, so that they can have siesta in the afternoons and then attend parties on Saturdays. Then spend Sundays in church wishing and praying for divine miracles.

How foolish? How many yorubas are in Igbo land hustling? How many of our youths can boast of having their own house at the age of 35? Huh? as the Igbo people are meeting and strategizing on Sunday, so that they can gather money and come and buy the houses and lands owned by our Yoruba fathers.

Whether we like it or not, Obokungbusi Town Hall will soon be on concessional PPP sale. The Igbos will buy it. The proceeds will be used to pay backlog of salaries owed to impoverished Ijeshas. It will come willy nilly.

It will happen even in a declared Oduduwa Republic. Afterall, the Chinese, the Lebanese and the South Africans are buying us out with reckless abandon. See how ShopRite is buying up everywhere. I heard that they bought Owena Motel estate in Akure. How come we did not sell it to the Igbos?

We shall continue to grumble and hate the Igbos until eternity. Unless we spy on them, copy their ways and imbibe their can do attitude. They are lovely people and they are willing to carry you along in successful business if only we can embrace love and stop unnecessary hatred!

The Yoruba nation and society have been pauperised and destituted. In desperation, we shall soon start to behave like the Almajiris' in the North.

In grinding poverty and out of jealousy, the Almajiris of the North regularly loot Igbo shops and businesses. Very soon Yoruba urchins will start looting too to show that they hate the Igbos.

Even some of us here will defend it to show our hatred for the Igbos. Whereas, the looting is as a result of hunger and uselessness of our society.

How sad for the Yoruba Nation. ���
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by IkpuMmiri(f): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
shocked
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by adamooye: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by IkpuMmiri(f): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by paschu: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
onojaduru:
THE BLOOD OF GALILEANS AND 2019 AGENDA
By Rev.Fr. Felix Uche Akam

To the dead, those who received on our behalf the death brought to our doorsteps with a code name, Operation Egwu Eke II (Python Dance II), I say rest in Peace. You will not experience injustice and hatred again, you will not be discriminated against because of your tribe nor will you die anymore. You are now with the righteous King.

To the bereaved, I say, be consoled. Your loved ones didn’t die stealing or raping; neither did they die kidnapping. Theirs came as a belief that there is a limit to oppression, that there comes a time in life when death is nobler than slavery. They believed that freedom is never given but earned. Like historic freedom fighters, they died on the road because their types never get to the Promised Land; they only steal its view from a distance. Look at the biblical Moses; look at Martin Luther King Jr. in America; they could only point at the Promised Land from a mountain distance.

To Nigerians, this is the time to be least proud of our origin. Our unity as a people has never come this loose nor hatred ever obviously celebrated with government army. A month ago, I shared my dream of an impending bloodshed and went on summer break with a promise to return after six weeks. Four weeks after, I feel uncomfortable if I do not voice out my heart at this infamous moment of our history. I have never seen an army come too low in military ethics than they have done in "Operation Egwu Eke II."

Dooms-week scenario! Severed limbs! Disgorged brain and viscera! Gored bodies! Scalded lapses! Bloody mouths! Shattered fists! Not even Hollywood will create such crude scene in its filming but that was how a Nigerian Army hacked her own citizens. They were whipped to the point of death. They were ordered to get drowned in muddy waters with army boots on their heads and cudgels on their bodies to ensure they sink well. They drank until their intestines got filled up, breathing became impossible, blood gushed through noses, ears and mouths to pollute the muddy water; eyes turned brown, gave up their sight; ears got blocked and enthusiastically the soldiers watched their countrymen twitched slowly as they turned to corpses. We have got gory videos no man should ever pray to watch.

When we come face to face with ghastly atrocities, we are appalled and want to ask, “But what has happened to our humanity that we have become inhumane?”Is that not how we felt when we encountered the horror of Holocaust or the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, when we heard of the horrible goings-on of an Idi Amin or a Bokassa, when we learned of the vicious occurrences in the killing fields of Cambodia, the excesses in Bosnia and the genocide of Rwanda? Were we not equally appalled by the gross violations of human rights in many Latin America countries and South Africa, the massacre at Odi and Zaki Ibiam?

To watch innocent citizens plying their normal trades on the streets of Aba and Umuahia being pursued, overrun, maimed and some killed by government military trucks is scary. Even prisoners of war deserve respect. Not even in Guantanamo Bay is such treatment recommended.

Hate IPOB the much you can but our common humanity is the denominator of our treatment of a human person. The current Nigerian government has not hidden its hatred for Southeast in thoughts, words and action. The president said it in post inauguration interview with foreign media; implements it in his every appointment and reinforces in all his body languages. There have been calls to balance appointments both from Nigerians and international community. The just concluded Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria highlighted painfully the obvious exclusion of a regime in their communiqué. But the presidency remains unperturbed.

We all may not support IPOB and we don’t need to. However, the IPOB represents dominant feeling among people of Southeast. Every Jew prays for the peace of Jerusalem but differs
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Bari22: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
The problem is that ipob don't have regard to any one that tell them truth

They prefer people like ffk and fayose that will lead them to their early graves

1 Like

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by paschu: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
onojaduru:
on how to achieve it. Currently, we have Likud, Yisrael Beitenu, Zionist Union, Yesh Atid, Shas, The Jewish Home (Habayit HaYehudi) United Torah Judiasm (Yahadut HaTorah Hameukhedet), Meretz, Wamab, Kulanu. While some parties agree to a two-state solution with Palestine; some do not. Some believe in mediation; others believe not. At the end, it is the majority that informs government’s decision.

The military invasion of Southeast in all its intents and purpose has been condemned as a calculated aggression against psychologically wounded people. The clashes were provoked to pave way for maximum damage. The statement of the presidency that IPOB is inviting them to wipe the entire Igbo race has historical antecedent. Hitler crossed his army to Poland and ordered them to fire Germany, filmed the shooting as an aggression of Polish army against Germany. Hitler might have invaded and killed many Polish but Poland has outlived Hitler.

The branding of IPOB as a terrorist organisation is not surprising either. When Taliban regime held sway in Afghanistan, what is today known as Taliban terrorist group was the national army. All freedom groups were outlawed by Taliban government until America ousted the evil regime in Kabul and installed lame democracy. When the national army is sympathetic to a jihadist government, we expect even human right groups to get terrorist tags.

The proscription of IPOB by Southeast Governors’ forum reflects the language and personality of her chairman more so when he is the smartest of the ignoble five fingers of a leprous hand who can trade entire race for their political ambitions.

Sieve the leaders alphabetically! The Abia heavyweight has spent two years battling to save his first mandate. The mud and pools in the viral videos show how the state has decayed under his watch. The Anambra guy-man is only good in concluding investigations into terrorist attack in ten minutes just to move ahead with his re-election matters. The Ebonyi Machiavelli is a PDP governor who wastes no opportunity praising APC government at the national and has vowed to vote against the PDP come 2019 presidential election. He was the first governor to promise Fulani Herdsmen grazing routes in Nigeria. The Imo self-acclaimed orator is a jihadist-drone planted in Igbo land. He lost sense of governance ever before inauguration. The big brother from Enugu sank in his ottoman while Fulani herdsmen slaughtered his people; he then commanded them to fast and jetted off to prostrate before the President and share wine with him in Aso Rock. The national assembly members are personal assistants of their respective governors who need 2019 badly.

The sad news? The Igbo have no leaders but politicians who immediately after inauguration start thinking of next elections. People do not expect them to support IPOB but to provide them with leadership. If they could rise from their meeting without condemning the invasion of their region and the killing of their people who are not all IPOB members, they have failed their people again.

To other Nigerians mocking IPOB, I hear your voices but I take you to the Scriptures. Once in Israel, Galileans led by a certain Judas denounced Caesar, resisted foreign domination because only God is king. As the Roman governor in Syria, Pontius Pilate wanted his water project to be financed with certain Temple monies. Perceived as a sacrilege, the Jews were up in resistance. Pilate instructed his soldiers to disguise, infiltrate and disperse the crowd with cudgels. Acting far beyond their instructions, the soldiers killed a considerable number of Jews. This sowed enmity between Pilate and Herod which later reconciled during the trial of Jesus. Referring to that incident during His ministry Jesus said, “Do you think that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans because this happened to them?” “I tell you, No,” he answered.

Mockery is a tribute a coward pays to the brave. Our Galilean brothers drank mud, received gunshots and died once. But as long as we remain excluded in governance we remain perpetually trapped in muddy water of Nigerian ethnic politics. To remember that we have no leader makes it more painful. But the sight of young men holding stones and resisting soldiers armed to their teeth paints a picture of future Nigeria if she refuses to reform. Biafra agitation resurfaced after the war ended 50 years ago because army can never bring peace; only justice does.
http://felixucheakam.com/the-blood-of-galileans-and-2019-agenda/
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by tolufase: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
Pls stop wasting ur energy because they wouldn't listen. All I know is that Biafra can't be achieved through somebody like Kanu if at all is going to be achieved. He just too arrongant and pompous.

2 Likes

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Okoroawusa: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2017
OP,I wont say u wasted ur time but these ones will not hear u.
Thanks for the effort though.

1 Like

Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by vedaxcool(m): 6:08am On Sep 22, 2017
grin grin grin Wise words being but mazi cownu zombies are drunk over the urine soaked shoes of sulpleme rigger
Re: Keep Drinking Gin On An Empty Stomach: A Love Letter To IPOB By Okonkwo by Tyche(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2017
Wise words

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Osanamdi Bin Kanu? / New Date For Presidential Meeting With Leadership Of the NASS After Mix Up / Andy Uba Pays Condolence Visit To Bola Tinubu Over The Loss Of Jide Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.