Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] (25844 Views)

Please Assit, Am Trustrated In My Office / My Office Madam Gave Me Strong Green Light Ooo / Fiverr Reloaded 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by xfire: 5:13am On Oct 05, 2017
Nice thread.. Followed the first thread mildly. It was pretty easy for me to catch up on this one since it is still relatively new. Never knew about this thread until I got a mention.

As for me, I am currently on vacation and that's why I have got all the time reading through the pages of the thread in the early morning (Nigerian time) when most are still asleep or just waking up to prep up for work grin

Will wait till I resume work. Will definitely follow and drop by from time to time. Really cool stuff. Turns up Nairasand for sustaining this.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Justiceotuya(m): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2017
Two months ago, I left my teaching job of 3 years for a little firm that is into events management..

You won't believe the work I get to do at this school, I taught 3 subjects, Economics to Ss1, 2 and 3 coupled with PHE and Computer (Js1-3)

I also doubled as the games master and exam officer. I printed exam questions literally by myself from pre nursery to ss3, registered the students for external exams such as neco, waec, nabteb, junior waec and even state mock.

I was still expected to write lesson notes and plans, keep regular registers as I was a form master and fill dairies.

I was over worked all for the paltry sum of 25k in which I am still owed for the month of July including lesson fee for that month and June.

Although I love teaching and interacting with children, I hold this desire to be in the computing field. In between teaching at this school, I earned a pgd in Computer science at the University of Ilorin and am learning web development by myself which had to stall as my PC got spoilt.

So I left this school to this event company and the work is still hectic but better, I get to be on the internet researching, fixing things and planning and learning.

We have a mask party on the 7th of October and I am proud that I get to witness what I had a hand in planning.

I do love my current job although not a huge increase in salary from my previous one. I believe everything is a gradual process.

I love to learn and would greatly love to intern in a software development company,but I still have to fend for my family being the first child considering my dad is not working and my 3 siblings are in the the university or about to enter into one.

My boss is a kind hearted man and has huge expectations of his staff.

My problem with him is that he has too many projects he wants to dabble with. But it's cool with me as long as I get to learn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by xxgig(m): 8:57am On Oct 05, 2017
got my first real job after youth service as an Investment Advisor in a real estate company. I am learning first hand "politricks" that happens in such setting. My job role involves me seeking for prospects to by into our properties and to advice them appropriately on which housing plan to adopt.So far, i won"t say i have had it good here, and i am due for appraisal month end (still on probation).
I am appealling to fellow Nlanders here if you work in an office or know someone who can afford to buy outright, through instalment payment or through mortgage, Please Hock up on 08118770006. we are based in Abuja.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Christeety: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2017
Ezionye:

More grease to your elbow ( I heard that term is outdated but u knw wat I mean) smiley

I just love to hear about agriculture and I admire people like you who involve themselves in it

Cool

���. Yes I do.

That's so nice of you. Thank you so much.
I appreciate your thoughtfulness. God bless you.
Do have a stress-free day ahead..
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by shyshally(f): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Hello everyone. Awesome thread. Don't know exactly how I came across it, but I've followed it from page 2.
It's nice to get to read about the different jobs people are involved in. I hope I'm allowed to contribute as I'm still a student, a medical student in 500l. Still have about 2 years to go, that's excluding houseman ship & Nysc. Sometimes I get so frustrated & tired seeing my mates already serving while I'm still in school preparing for an exams. I'll get there eventually sha, I just wish medical school wasn't so long & tiring.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by agrovick(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
shyshally:
Hello everyone. Awesome thread. Don't know exactly how I came across it, but I've followed it from page 2.
It's nice to get to read about the different jobs people are involved in. I hope I'm allowed to contribute as I'm still a student, a medical student in 500l. Still have about 2 years to go, that's excluding houseman ship & Nysc. Sometimes I get so frustrated & tired seeing my mates already serving while I'm still in school preparing for an exams. I'll get there eventually sha, I just wish medical school wasn't so long & tiring.

Look to the bright side, you are doing what you love, you are in a hotcake field.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ezionye:
@Davide470 do you mind giving a summary of what you do exactly, like the name of your profession? Lol . Pardon me cos some of the things you wrote sound strange to me

Pardon me again
Hi Ezionye,

You are pardoned cheesy

In summary, i do Investment Advisory

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
Blessedgurl:
The week started with traveling for an official purpose. I got back to the office and attended to some documents.

The Lawyers are busy with their cases in court, while I am waiting to enter their new court dates into my calendar.

I've got to put finishing touches to last month's expense report before the week runs out.

It's been an amazing week.

P.S: I am considering playing football again on Saturdays only.
You play football? grin Nice..

Do you go to court with them atimes?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by iXavier: 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2017
shyshally:

You're in 500L and can complain
I just started clinical school this October, what should I now do cry

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
xfire:
Nice thread.. Followed the first thread mildly. It was pretty easy for me to catch up on this one since it is still relatively new. Never knew about this thread until I got a mention.

As for me, I am currently on vacation and that's why I have got all the time reading through the pages of the thread in the early morning (Nigerian time) when most are still asleep or just waking up to prep up for work grin

Will wait till I resume work. Will definitely follow and drop by from time to time. Really cool stuff. Turns up Nairasand for sustaining this.

Boss, sha bring something back for boys.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Ezionye(f): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
davide470:
Hi Ezionye,

You are pardoned cheesy

In summary, i do Investment Advisory

Gee thanks

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ezionye:

Gee thanks
So what do you do
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Ezionye(f): 8:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
davide470:
So what do you do

Banking
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by davide470(m): 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ezionye:

Banking
Ok. So are you going to welcome us to your office?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by shyshally(f): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
iXavier:

You're in 500L and can complain
I just started clinical school this October, what should I now do cry

Wow... Good luck to you... You'll get there eventually. And do enjoy this beginning cus the higher you go, the harder it becomes. Just pray that strike doesn't affect you, that's if it's a federal university. Welcome to the club.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Ezionye(f): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
davide470:
Ok. So are you going to welcome us to your office?

Yea sure. Loading....
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by shyshally(f): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
agrovick:

Look to the bright side, you are doing what you love, you are in a hotcake field.

Hmmm. Not really oh. Even if I was once passionate about medicine, the passion has been removed by force. So we just have to continue what we started.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by agrovick(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2017
shyshally:

Hmmm. Not really oh. Even if I was once passionate about medicine, the passion has been removed by force. So we just have to continue what we started.

Well, there is always something positive to pick out.
I'd suggest you do a little soul searching, find out what made you passionate in the first instance. Who knows you might reignite the spark. We don't want a disinterested doc tongue

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Blessedgurl(f): 9:59am On Oct 06, 2017
@davide470
Yea, long long time ago. Now I only watch Football games.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by wman(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
I'm a freelance writer and proofreader. I also sell PC games all over Nigeria.

A week ago, I was choked up with too much work, so I doubled my pricing. Sadly, no new orders since then. So, I went back to the former pricing this morning.

It's all good though. Now I can finish a large project for a client and I can finish cataloguing my PC games. Planning on a massive rebranding and getting a physical shop. On the writing side, I'm planning to move into Amazon KDP and Wikipedia editing.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
So we had the seminar on Thursday... Was really good... The students were really attentive and asked sex-related questions that shocked both the organisers and the staff (questions were written down n submitted)

Well, many of them have collected the books donated to the school so that they could read it during the weekend... The school band performed exceptionally well during the school hymn, everyone was "waohed"

Also, the juniors had their h/econs practical... My first time of seeing a local oven that uses charcoal.. Kudos to their h/econs teacher

Friday was hectic, fewer time for each period and the JSS3 students had computer practical in the lab after fellowship

No regrets at all this week... Rain have stopped falling so planting has stopped also, till irrigation plans r fully in place

Crypto investment paying off now..... But we ain't among those that eat our profits rather we plough them back into d investment till they r really needed

Thanks to God for the week just ended... Believe next week will be better

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Blessedgurl(f): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
@Yampotatocarrot
Nice one! Keep it up.
Teaching is truly fun when the students are keen on learning.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Blessedgurl:
@Yampotatocarrot

Nice one! Keep it up.

Teaching is truly fun when the students are keen on learning.

Thanks Ma'am... Teaching is fun

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by olujastro: 2:19am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice to see some old names again, like davide470 during the recruitment hustles for IOCs way back, xfire and jarus from xfire's "Achieving the dream career..." thread.
Seeing these names reminds me of the passionate engineer that I once was after my bachelors and while working offshore in naija. Now I don't know myself again as men don dey turn to economists. Huge risk-taking has totally taken over that engineering come dey appear one kind. Oil prices no kuku 'epp' matters.
I would like to know if there are people who are actually very passionate about what they do for a living.
Like, if you are able to earn more than twice, thrice or even quadruple of what your job pays you by merely investing and trading online(legit), would you still care about your job?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:18am On Oct 07, 2017
olujastro:
Nice to see some old names again, like davide470 during the recruitment hustles for IOCs way back, xfire and jarus from xfire's "Achieving the dream career..." thread.
Seeing these names reminds me of the passionate engineer that I once was after my bachelors and while working offshore in naija. Now I don't know myself again as men don dey turn to economists. Huge risk-taking has totally taken over that engineering come dey appear one kind. Oil prices no kuku 'epp' matters.
I would like to know if there are people who are actually very passionate about what they do for a living.
Like, if you are able to earn more than twice, thrice or even quadruple of what your job pays you by merely investing and trading online(legit), would you still care about your job?

Well boss, I think u have to differentiate having passion for what you do from earning a lot of money for it.. They r two different things... People render free services for what they have passion for atimes... That's why it's called passion.. It doesn't necessarily have to be the thing footing the bills/all the bills

You can have GREAT passion for something you do, whereas it isn't your main source of income.

So yes, I would still care about my job even if I have one that pays me quadruple of what I currently earn

#MYONECENT#

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by olujastro: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Well boss, I think u have to differentiate having passion for what you do from earning a lot of money for it.. They r two different things... People render free services for what they have passion for atimes... That's why it's called passion.. It doesn't necessarily have to be the thing footing the bills/all the bills

You can have GREAT passion for something you do, whereas it isn't your main source of income.

So yes, I would still care about my job even if I have one that pays me quadruple of what I currently earn

#MYONECENT#
I see!
I wasn't sure anymore if there are still people out there who get up to go to work daily because they love their jobs. Almost 99% of people I know working, including myself then, were driven by month-end alerts, paying bills, being 'responsible', possibly being able to start a family after securing a job, etc. especially in the Nigerian settings where having just any job that brings in money goes a very long way.

Well, I hope I can find this kind of passion again you just described because right now I'm only passionate about increasing my net worth on a daily basis. I don turn Ibo man. Lol. I need some more Warren Buffet in my life.
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2017
olujastro:

I see!
I wasn't sure anymore if there are still people out there who get up to go to work daily because they love their jobs. Almost 99% of people I know working, including myself then, were driven by month-end alerts, paying bills, being 'responsible', possibly being able to start a family after securing a job, etc. especially in the Nigerian settings where having just any job that brings in money goes a very long way.

Well, I hope I can find this kind of passion again you just described because right now I'm only passionate about increasing my net worth on a daily basis. I don turn Ibo man. Lol. I need some more Warren Buffet in my life.

Lool, well if ur passion currently z making enough money, any job u do that gives u d dough will definitely make u happy, hence u r fulfilling your passion

I think d idea z having more than one source of income, soas to be *responsible* while doing what we have passion for, so as to move out with a smile on our faces every morning
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by dynamicdmy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
Lovely thread
Nairasand what kinda marketing are you into?
Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2017
Last week was normal, site visiting and report writing. We've got a seminar tomorrow, Themed: "World Habitat Day"

1 Like

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Oliran(f): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2017
At times, I feel joining Civil service immediately after NYSC isn't cool, right from school I have always wished to practice my profession and be very good at it, I feel I don't have enough experience yet, I always admire Vibrant and experienced Engineers, I really want to be good at what I do.
#thinkingoutloud#

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by Justiceotuya(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
So yesterday being the 7th, we were to have an event for that day, a masked party titled "Aphrodisiac", we had made some research, called potential club goers, done some advert including instagram sponsored ads, bought masks, printed tickets and fliers

Last week, we saw a flier from the hotel/night club where our event was supposed to hold, basically our event is a masked party where guest are supposed to pay for tickets, get a mask and feel free to do and undo. now this flier for another event had a masked lady in the background and guess what the event was on 6th, the day before our event.

All hell broke loose, how could they organise an event which had similar theme with ours and couldn't even tell us despite notifying a month ago about our events and plans, calls were made, curses was spewed and the matter died down.

Yesterday we got prepared (It was my first time in a club and i didn't know what to expect), next story was that the the night club was ordered to be closed by a court(see gbese), and we were moved to a hall (red flag)

Next they gave me tickets to sell(Me? Tickets? a green horn like me? how i wan take start?) I complained that i am a guy and the numerous babes we had was suppose to sell tickets. them no even send me

least i forget, i was told to take inventory of the stocks in the bar and i was surprised at the astronomical fees this bar and clubs make. you buy a carton of coke for 1400 and sell each bottle for 500 naira, a drink(ace of spade) they bought from the market at 130k, they sell at the bar for 250k. i have the prices for other drinks.

That was how we stayed and not one person came, not one. I was so dissapointed and couldn't fathom what went wrong, was it our research, was it the Economy or was it the clubs fault

At the end of the day my boss took us to another club in town and same thing, the club was dry. i no even get power to dance, i just sat in the car and waited till morning when they were through with their partying.

Am just thinking of what will happen on monday, what will the ambience at work look like and how the company can bounce out of this

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] by sconp: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oliran:
At times, I feel joining Civil service immediately after NYSC isn't cool, right from school I have always wished to practice my profession and be very good at it, I feel I don't have enough experience yet, I always admire Vibrant and experienced Engineers, I really want to be good at what I do.
#thinkingoutloud#
Why not link up with those who are good and see what you can learn.

Asides, I think some of the engr in Civil service know their onions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female Boss or Male Boss? / Is It Good To Leave Huge Amount Of Money In Ur Salary Account? / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.