Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members (1966 Views)

Ekweremadu: APC & PDP Unite Against Attack, We All Have A Responsibility / OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory / Meet Major General Rogers Ibe Nicholas: Leading The Nigerian Army Against Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Ophizzeydam(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members, Says Viral Torture Video Could Be A Propaganda

Professor Wole Soyinka has called on FG to urgently investigate allegations of maltreatment of Biafra supporters in the Eastern part of the country by the military with the aim of punishing those found culpable.

Soyinka spoke yesterday in Ibadan, Oyo State, Southwest Nigeria at the Christopher Okigbo Conference, with the theme: “Legacy of Christopher Okigbo-50 years”. The event was put together to mark the golden jubilee of the passage of Okigbo.

He said:

“There is a video clip going viral showing allegedly the dehumanisation of Biafran supporters in the East. It shows some civilians being made to run a gantlet of whips and then being made to crawl, being lined up in a pond of mud… I do not say this video is genuine. It could be IPOB propaganda, it is possible but I am saying to the military that you can’t afford to stay silent when that kind of documented allegation is making the round of the world.

“The image of the military very often is the image of the nation. I want the military and the government to examine this video and the source and let the nation know whether the soldiers that participated in it have been identified and have been punished or prove to the nation that this is pure propaganda video. Such thing has been done before. It happened in Baga in the North, and that is the mission as my message on behalf of Christopher Okigbo to the military and to the government. We want an answer”.

The Nobel laureate regretted that the situation that propelled Okigbo to join the Biafra army and fight for freedom till he died was still very present in the country.

“I am looking at history repeating itself. We are celebrating Christopher who was a poetic embodiment of that movement at that particular time and who put his life on the line for a conviction that sent him out. When we were still thinking of meeting him here for a literary conference, meeting him there for a conference, Chris was already committed. And when the moment came, it was not enough that he smuggled in arms, he went in, joined the others and took up arms for his conviction. I am looking at this young people on the street behind the banner, organising, once again, reaching that stage when they also are preparing to put their lives on the line.

Full post here http://www.afrikloaded.com.ng/2017/09/soyinka-warns-nigerian-army-against.html
Cc
Lalasticlala
Fynestboi
MissyB3
mynd44
ishilove

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by kn23h(m): 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka just wants more insults from Biafrats because the ungrateful pigs of the East whose leaders are weak cowards, hates nothing more than a Yoruba man, even if the Yoruba man speaks in support of their cause. They're too blinded and brainwashed with tribal and religious hatred. The hatred is rooted in envy and jealousy.

North/East similarities:

North: Anti Christian

East: Anti- Muslims

North: Boko harams

East: Igbos

North: Nomads

East: Traders

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by CaptainG00D: 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Shameful that the person who commented first on this topic is a foolish one.

14 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Cyynthia(f): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
The image of this contraption called Nig is irredeemable.

Most people that condemned what Nig army did to Ibos are men with good conscience and some progressive Yorubas, like myself a Christian,
Oni of Ife: Christian,
FFK: Christian,
Fayose: Christian,
Soyinka: Atheist,
Falana: Christian.

But as for head slammers in our midst.... for where ?.
Some of those ones were even busy applauding mr vegetable for a job well done all because they share the same religion faith with him. You can confirm it by their comments on this forum. They also hide under Ipob to attack ibo race because virtually all ibos are Christians and 99℅ of ibos are supporting Ipob except few corrupt politicians that are benefiting from the status quo. 30th May sit at home order was a perfect example.

These people are the ones dragging southerners back because they are being controlled by their masters up North, and they can't even take decision without consulting their northern gods,even when those northern gods have no regards for them by giving them second class treatment
Perpetual dirty slaves, that is what I call them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by CaptainG00D: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
This countryis cursed.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by mazimee(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:
Soyinka just wants more insults from Biafrats because the ungrateful pigs of the East whose leaders are weak cowards, hates nothing more than a Yoruba man, even if the Yoruba man speaks in support of their cause. They're too blinded and brainwashed with tribal and religious hatred. The hatred is rooted in envy and jealousy.

North/East similarities:

Stupidity really stands out

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by josephine123: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Na xo
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by kn23h(m): 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
mazimee:

Stupidity really stands out

You're standing out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
may God help them
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Bari22: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
soyinka
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by OjukwuWarBird: 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
Soyinka can never make this comment
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Cinkq: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
Alex ekweme (former vp) is alive, why hasn't he said anything about the military operation in his region? Why wole soyinka? Na wao.

Some of our leaders just need to learn how to keep quiet sometimes. After all yorubas are cowards by the standard of the people they are showing solidarity for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by expialidocious: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Okigbo- Poet turned soldier. One of the greatest losses to Nigerian Literature. Cut off at his peak.
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

North/East similarities:

The proper order of things is to think then comment. You have got the concept backwards, your post indicates that much.
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Throwback: 11:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
kn23h:

North/East similarities:

Very apt!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by TheFreeOne: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2017
(with drum accompaniment)

AND THE HORN may now paw the air howling goodbye…
For the Eagles are now in sight:
Shadows in the horizon-
THE ROBBERS are here in black sudden steps of showers, of
caterpillars-
THE EAGLES have come again,
The eagles rain down on us-
POLITICIANS are back in giant hidden steps of howitzers, of
detonators-
THE EAGLES descend on us,
Bayonets and cannons-
THE ROBBERS descend on us to strip us of our laughter, of our
thunder-
THE EAGLES have chosen their game,
Taken our concubines-
POLITICIANS are here in this iron dance of mortars, of
generators-

THE EAGLES are suddenly there,
New stars of iron dawn;
So let the horn paw the air howling goodbye…
O mother mother Earth, unbind me; let this be
my last testament; let this be
The ram's hidden wish to the sword the sword's
secret prayer to the scabbard-

THE ROBBERS are back in black hidden steps of detonators-
FOR BEYOND the blare of sirened afternoons, beyond
the motorcades;
Beyond the voices and days, the echoing highways; beyond
the latescence
Of our dissonant airs; through our curtained eyeballs,
through our shuttered sleep,
Onto our forgotten selves, onto our broken images;
beyond the barricades
Commandments and edicts, beyond the iron tables,
beyond the elephant's
Legendary patience, beyond his inviolable bronze
bust; beyond our crumbling towers-
BEYOND the iron path careering along the same beaten track-
THE GLIMPSE of a dream lies smouldering in a cave,
together with the mortally wounded birds.
Earth, unbind me; let me be the prodigal; let this be
the ram's ultimate prayer to the tether…

AN OLD STAR departs, leaves us here on the shore
Gazing heavenward for a new star approaching;
The new star appears, foreshadows its going
Before a going and coming that goes on forever…
- Elegy For Alto (A poem by Christopher Okigbo)

A poet who joined the military, fought for Biafra and proudly gave his life for his conviction during the civil war.
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Nemesis1: 4:49am On Sep 23, 2017
kn23h:
They're too blinded and brainwashed with tribal and religious hatred. The hatred is rooted in envy and jealousy.

North/East similarities:

East: Igbos, MEND, MASSOB, IYC,

East: TRADERS

Technically Yeebos are invaders as well, they like free roaming, destroy other people's plans and businesses along the way but they hate herdsmen with passion and even will murder them if they could

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Desammyst(m): 5:30am On Sep 23, 2017
He made a lot of sense, but as u know the truth z bitter. The Nigerian army can neva investigate it o, they re only perfect in unleashing fear n terror in the hearts of civilians
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 23, 2017
Medicine after death.
It's needless
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by omenka(m): 6:22am On Sep 23, 2017
kn23h:

North/East similarities:

I just don't understand why your people, Soyinka, Ooni, et al, keep sticking their necks out for these ungrateful, ignorant, and disrespectful sobs.

Una hearts too large walahi. After all the insults and attacks, the "senile old fool" still comes out to say these? Nah, not me.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by omenka(m): 6:24am On Sep 23, 2017
Cinkq:
Alex ekweme (former vp) is alive, why hasn' he said anything about the military operation in his region? Why wole soyinka? Na wao.

Some of our leaders just need to learn how to keep quiet sometimes. After all yorubas are cowards by their standard.

I tire o!
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by blackfase(m): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2017
Cyynthia:
The image of this contraption is irredeemable.

Most people that condemned what Nig army did to Ibos are men with good conscience and some progressive Yorubas. But as for head slammers in our midst.... for where ?.
Some of those ones are even busy applauding mr vegetable for a job well done all because they share the same religion faith with him. You can confirm it by their comments on this forum.
They are the people that are dragging southerners back because they are being controlled by their masters up North and they can't even take decision without consulting their northern gods,even when those northern gods have no regards for them by giving them second class treatment.
Perpetual dirty slaves, that is what I call them.

Cyynthia dishing it out good as usual. Their brains must get a fine reset by fire by force, whether they like it or not...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Episteme2(m): 6:59am On Sep 23, 2017
The atrocious deed has been done already and the world has taken note. Please, the viral video is not propaganda. Your people were even so much excited that as the python was dancing, IPOB members were made to swim in a pond of mud and even forced to drink the dirty muddy water. Others were shot and bled to death while a great number of our elderly parents have yet to recover from the shock and High BP the lethal operation caused them.
At this point, it's of no need anybody speaking for IPOB again or condemning the barbaric act now. It's rather belated. You don't choose to go to sleep when your voice is needed and decide to wake up to talk when the congregation has been dismissed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2017
The is the craziest irony I have seen. The igbo's make disparaging comments about the yoruba's, yet it's the yoruba elite (odumakin , dele Momodu, ffk and now WBS) who have spoken against the dancing python in SE. To think the governors and political class from the SE are still hobnobing with the northern oligarchy is still baffling.

We all agree that SE is the most marginalised region in Nigeria, yet it's the yoruba leader's who are loudest with their calls for restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by BabaRamotu1988: 7:19am On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
omenka:
I just don't understand why your people, Soyinka, Ooni, et al, keep sticking their necks out for these ungrateful, ignorant, and disrespectful sobs.

Una hearts too large walahi. After all the insults and attacks, the "senile old fool" still comes out to say these? Nah, not me.
[/s]
tribalists everywhere
i hope lalasticlala seun obinoscopy
curtail this

cc
mynd44
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by wingmanII: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2017
omenka:

Your unjustified and unreasonable hatred for Igbos will eventually bring you to your end.
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Eastfield1: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2017
this will not make front page. welcome to NL
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by omenka(m): 9:24am On Sep 23, 2017
wingmanII:

Your unjustified and unreasonable hatred for Igbos will eventually bring you to your end.
It is ipob terrorists and not Igbos.

And I bet the justified and reasonable love ipob terrorists have for everyone else would make them live forever.

Typical nonsense.

Yall should Embrace reality for once and stop whining all over the place like pesky little girls. You don't give hate and expect love in return. How hard is that to understand?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by BabaRamotu1988: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
omenka:
It is ipob terrorists and not Igbos.

And I bet the justified and reasonable love ipob terrorists have for everyone else would make them live forever.

Typical nonsense.

Yall should Embrace reality for once and stop whining all over the place like pesky little girls. You don't give hate and expect love in return. How hard is that to understand?
[/s]
Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob 100 percent
just like Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by Arla: 10:35am On Sep 23, 2017
BabaRamotu1988:
[s][/s]
Ipob is ipig and Ipig is ipob 100 percent
just like kanu is a terrorist
1000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Warns Nigerian Army Against Attack On IPOB Members by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
BabaRamotu1988:

Ipob is igbo and Igbo is ipob 100 percent
just like Buhari is a terrorist
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Arrives Minna To Visit IBB (photos) / Introducing Anambra Sorghum / Next Level Poverty! Nigerians Scooping Gutter Groundnut Oil (Disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.