Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? (8755 Views)

What Is The Hardest Decision You Have Ever Made? / What Is The Worst Decision You Have Ever Made In Life? / Boost Your Career In Digital Marketing - Get Google Certification In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2017
tessygirl:
When I decided to take a step into ICT.

Decision that changed my life tho

It seems like nobody that goes into IT fails. Hmm

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by felixdanielthed(m): 8:59am On Sep 23, 2017
Living home at 19, for school n ict works paid off (even though I was half baked), it wouldn't be easy at first, humility, time, endurance, patience saw me through, hoping to live the country too.
Great note: have faith in God n yourself. We are over comers when we believe so.
Money is relevant.

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by bsideboii(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

It seems like nobody that goes into IT fails. Hmm
The thing is bn able to sustain your interest in your chosen ICT field. I certainly know ICT is the moneyspinner.
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by anonymox321(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2017
Not starting my professional exams immediately I finished I graduated. Now I no longer have time to study like I used to.
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by onward4life(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2017
I trusted Humans

But They all became demi-gods , when I was @ my Lowest ebb.

I don't want to talk about it sha it didn't stop sha but delayed my decoration

It took more than ten years of my life inform of Delay

Am painfully single .... cry

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ashjay001(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2017
Jumping into d first job that came my way, though it didnt meet my specs of a career path. Then got married immediately, didnt want to loose d supposed luv of my life tongue

11+yrs later, trying to start over grin

Its never too late, ask Col Sanders

3 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ceenote: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2017
Traveling to the US for Masters immediately after my NYSC was the best decision I made.

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by sircrabo: 9:40am On Sep 23, 2017
I had to put my certificate aside and turned to business proper (e-commerc). We all need something that brings raw cash while we chase our dreams or carers.

I believe I made a good decision starting business early. At times chasing your dream or passion takes time and it might not yield the expected fruit. Many started as footballers with local clubs but no one to sponsor them and they ended as touts under the bridge. Same goes with musicians without a successful career

Today I earn more than my mates working and I'm planning expanding by next year. I will also go back to my field of study soon and learn something new.

I studied comp science with skill in web technology

3 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Olakanla: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2017
jechona:
Listening to my father ruined my career. Am yet to get back on track. Just pondering how such an instruction came into the bible.
You might end up appreciating it
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Cmeo(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2017
hdjd
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ikevictor: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2017
Being loyal to my past employer marred by career...when it should have made it.
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Yteflon(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2017
tayokem:
Taking a big leap into Digital Marketing as been so great and interesting
How is the Digital Marketing field? Is it paying well?
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by stainless239(f): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2017
going to school of midwifery after school of nursing was the worst decision I made.............

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by amosadamu: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2017
Make: choosing ICT courses over university degree
Taking a big and bold step to venture into the unknown outside the country

Mar: wasting my early years trying to get a degree

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by AK481(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
CCNP and MNSE.

Made my negotiation better in IT
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Uzee24: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2017
Not having anyone direct my career path. Sailed in the direction of the wind, still trying to find my bearing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by sewlander: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2017
AdeizaPrime:
Everyone makes mistakes but dwelling in regret is an even bigger one as you will never have the chance to make amends.

In our past we have made decisions that have helped us tremendously in our careers and have never looked back. Likewise we have also made unfortunate decisions that have had adverse effects on our lives.

Share your stories.

Cc: lalasticlala
The decision that marred my career was that I stayed on a particular job for 7 years. It wasn't particularly a fantastic job but I had rest of mind. Now that the company has folded up, interviewers keep asking me why I stayed on a job for that long. That it means I can't take up new challenges easily. Sigh undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by laykhorn(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2017
I have to say,there are several events that culminated in what I have as a prospective career today but the whole thing could have been different from the start.

First, when I did my first WAEC, I had B2 in Biology, I loved Biology but hated the sight of blood PR a hurting person. My Dad wanted me to become a medical doctor. Unfortunately or fortunately, I made D7 in English. I saw this as a blessing. Before you accuse me of thinking with a truckload of myopia, If I had made English, I was going to take Pre-Degree in MBBS at OAU and my fate might be about to be sealed, I couldn't allow that happen. So when I wanted to take another O'Level, I decided to fail Biology, yeah, that's right. I gave out my Biology textbook and note and didn't read a word to go take the exam. I had an E... I never for mentioned the biology in the other result. This changed the path I was to take.

Another would have been when I didn't take up Chemical Engineering at LAUTECH and Building Technology at Yabatech. I was seeking for Mechanical, well I landed Computer Engineering and I am glad I never took every other one.

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Fidelismaria: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2017
Deleted
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Lillpo(m): 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2017
Well, as for me the worst decision i took was investing on the so-called MMM....

5 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Emeritus001(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
My decision not to take any job and purse M.Sc program. Will be starting very soon, getting prepared with full force though scared of running out of finance but I'm determined to take anyway....I pray it helps my career in the long run
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
bsideboii:
The thing is bn able to sustain your interest in your chosen ICT field. I certainly know ICT is the moneyspinner.

Omo. Can a person who Is fully art inclined delve into IT?
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
ashjay001:
Jumping into d first job that came my way, though it didnt meet my specs of a career path. Then got married immediately, didnt want to loose d supposed luv of my life tongue

11+yrs later, trying to start over grin

Its never too late, ask Col Sanders

Hope ur love is still by your side?
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Yteflon(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
sewlander:
The decision that marred my career was that I stayed on a particular job for 7 years. It wasn't particularly a fantastic job but I had rest of mind. Now that the company has folded up, interviewers keep asking me why I stayed on a job for that long. That it means I can't take up new challenges easily. Sigh undecided
I left a job i didnt find interesting, after three months. No need to waste such time.

1 Like

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by routerjude: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Omo. Can a person who Is fully art inclined delve into IT?

Sure!!
Diligence is the key
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by barrysome001: 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Mine should be: Going back to school for my B.Eng after my HND.
I was working with my HND after NYSC but then I saw a great need to up my game,afterall I still had time (I said to myself). I decided to do the upgrade programme, so I left "Eko" state for the garden city and here I am smiling. it was challenging at first though but it was worth it.
I am now better than who I used to be, Glory to God!

2 Likes

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by judility(m): 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
my is learning a skill in automobile mechanical and electrical repairs immediately after my nysc, doo it was challanging at first, for a graduate to be doing an aprentice in auto rewire and mechanic, but today de cash is flowing with no stress and also I have started my msc, and now financially independent, pls inbox me on your CAR TRACKER SPEED LIMITER, CAR AC SERVICES AND REPAIRS. CAR SECURITY DIAGNOSES, CAR ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL MAINTANCE AND REPAIRS, AND GENERAL CONTRACT
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ashjay001(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Hope ur love is still by your side?

Unfortunately, NO! sad
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
ashjay001:

Unfortunately, NO! sad

Sad to hear man. You took a great decision to settle down early. Sorry, how old were you when you got married ?
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by ashjay001(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Sad to hear man. You took a great decision to settle down early. Sorry, how old were you when you got married ?

Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
ashjay001:

Thanks man, considering around that age too. Na make man just relax be that.
Re: What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? by naijacartoon: 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hmm, Decision is what separates all, rich or poor, successful or unsuccessful, for me, learning to say yes to my dreams, ignoring the nay say, having my own way of overcoming my fear and taking the bold step was just what gave my live a new beginning and today, each time i look at those things i said i couldnt do how it eventualy became feasible, it gives me the gut to challenge my self out from the comfort zone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interswitch Assessment Test / Am I The One Killing My Boss Business / Under Pressure To Reduce My Age For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.