Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd (12147 Views)

In Sign Of Major Crack Within Ruling Party, Tinubu Takes On Buhari’s Minister / Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Cemetery Attendant Wants Funsho Williams Murder Case Retried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Ellyptical: 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
After Awolowo' policy that every biafran be left with 20 naira irrespective of how much you had in the bank before the war, the Ikwerres vehemently denounced being igbo and went as far as renaming towns like umuigbo, umuola, umukurushi to Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumukurushi.
However, the delta-igbos did not. Probably in a honour of Kaduna Nzeogwu who was from the Igbo part of delta state.
Go and tell an Asaba man today that he is not Igbo. If he is phlegmatic, he will only leave you with a slap. There was a campaign last time by the delta-igbos that they should not be called the 'delta-igbos' while others are called the core Igbos. Their argument is that they are equally as Igbo as the SE states. . . .an argument which ought not to be an argument because it is the plain truth - THEY ARE IGBO AND THEY DO NOT DENY IT!

It's a shame that after they denied being Igbos, the Igbos who were left to become paupers are today the richest people around

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371485.0.html

It shocks them till date.
I am still waiting for the day the Ikwerres will come back to claim Igboness.

Go to facebook and search for the group 'YOU FLY AND DELTA-IGBO' and you will see people proudly telling you that they are Igbos from Delta state.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by RichyBlacK(m): 7:36am On Mar 08, 2010
Ellyptical:

After Awolowo' policy that every biafran be left with 20 naira irrespective of how much you had in the bank before the war, the Ikwerres vehemently denounced being igbo and went as far as renaming towns like umuigbo, umuola, umukurushi to Rumuigbo, Rumuola, Rumukurushi.
However, the delta-igbos did not. Probably in a honour of Kaduna Nzeogwu who was from the Igbo part of delta state.
Go and tell an Asaba man today that he is not Igbo. If he is phlegmatic, he will only leave you with a slap. There was a campaign last time by the delta-igbos that they should not be called the 'delta-igbos' while others are called the core Igbos. Their argument is that they are equally as Igbo as the SE states. . . .an argument which ought not to be an argument because it is the plain truth - THEY ARE IGBO AND THEY DO NOT DENY IT!

It's a shame that after they denied being Igbos, the Igbos who were left to become paupers are today the richest people around

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371485.0.html

It shocks them till date.
I am still waiting for the day the Ikwerres will come back to claim Igboness.

Go to facebook and search for the group 'YOU FLY AND DELTA-IGBO' and you will see people proudly telling you that they are Igbos from Delta state.

This phenomenon is not uncommon even beyond Nigeria.

During slavery, reconstruction (post-civil war) and Jim Crow in America, many blacks who could "pass as White" denied their blackness. It was hard being black and some blacks sought ways and means to deny their blackness. It wasn't that easy for most because racism against blacks was/is purely based on color, and so only those who could "pass as White" were able to cross the color bar.

The link you put up there shows the remarkable achievement of Ndi-Igbo. Despite all the deliberate actions, policies and utterances to render them poor and inconsequential, their region has the lowest poverty rates of all the regions/geopolitical zones in Nigeria! May God continue to bless Ndi-Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2010
why do igbos like claiming that other people are igbos. if they say they are not igbos why not leave them alone? i just heard them claiming that Goodluck Jonathan is an igbo man. na wa o.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by asha80(m): 10:00am On Mar 08, 2010
zebra:

why do igbos like claiming that other people are igbos. if they say they are not igbos why not leave them alone? i just heard them claiming that[b] Goodluck Jonathan is an igbo man. na wa o.[/b]

my freind keep quiet if u have nothing to say.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2010
i will keep quiet only if you stop claiming that other tribes are igbos. You have claimed that ikwerre, agbor, kwale, calabar, ijaw are igbos, even when they say they are not. Remain make una claim say Obasanjo and Yar'adua are igbos.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2010
@Zebra or whatever you call yourself, tell me where Igbo people have claimed that Calabar, Ijaw and Goodluck Jonathan are Igbo.
The OHANAEZE NDI IGBO represents who are Igbo people. There is no Ijaw, Calabar and G.Jonathan in the Ohanaeze. But there is Ikwerre and Ika in Ohanaeze and other Igbo organisations. There are even some groups in Cross River state who speak Igbo and yet we do not classify them as Igbo nor do we invite them to join Ohanaeze.
Desist from commenting on Igbo affairs because you are not one and does not know anything about Ndigbo. Common stop the madness.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Thank you, i have heard you. But ikwerre and ika are not igbos, sorry. Your people in one of the threads here on nairaland claimed Jonathan Goodluck is an igbo man simply because his middle name is Ebele.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
zebra:

Thank you, i have heard you. But ikwerre and ika are not igbos, sorry.

Go and tell Air raid Achuzia and Francis Ellah
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2010
zebra:

Thank you, i have heard you. But ikwerre and ika are not igbos, sorry.

I am a member of the Igbo Youths UK (www.icsn.co.uk), and the president of this famous body is an Ika son and a proud Igbo.
One of the girls in the executive body of this organisation and the largest Nigerian socio/cultural organisation is from Rebisi. Wherei s Rebisi?.
You do not have the right insight to speak for those Igbo groups as your arguments here baseless and unfounded.
Why are they heading Igbo organisations if they are not Igbo?.
We mark Iri ji festival in the UK and a well established Ika monarch flows in from Nigeria as the Royal father of the day. What does that tell you?.
Common boy, grow up.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2010
@ashawo
or was your name sef, no ikwerre man in his right senses will ever call himself igbo.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by asha80(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
zebra:

@ashawo
or was your name sef, no ikwerre man in his right senses will ever call himself igbo.

keep arguing na u go tire and like i said tell that to francis ellah
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I am a member of the Igbo Youths UK (www.icsn.co.uk), and the president of this famous body is an Ika son and a proud Igbo.
One of the girls in the executive body of this organisation and the largest Nigerian socio/cultural organisation is from Rebisi. Wherei s Rebisi?.
You do not have the right insight to speak for those Igbo groups as your arguments here baseless and unfounded.
Why are they heading Igbo organisations if they are not Igbo?.
We mark Iri ji festival in the UK and a well established Ika monarch flows in from Nigeria as the Royal father of the day. What does that tell you?.
Common boy, grow up.

why won't they show up in your festivals when you people home and abroad are forcing them to forget their own identity and bear yours.
ikwerre man or ika man attending igbo festival does not transform him from ika or ikwerre into igbo. stop forcing your identity on other tribes. if a calabar man or ijaw man attends the festival, does that make him igbo?
i know why you people are doing all these things. Because of the oil in the south-south region, ikwerre and ika people have suddenly become igbos. See igbo igbo man with sense. grin grin

Nupe and Gwari people in the north are hausas too.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 7:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
zebra:

@ashawo
You are just a small fry and too little for me to echange curse words with. I wrote earlier that an Ikwerre girl from Rebisi is an executive of Igbo Youths organisation- the largest Nigerian socio/cultural organisation in the UK. There are lots more who are members. At the present, An Ika son is the president of the association. Get a life.
There are so many ethnic groups in Nigeria who are not Igbo. Ndigbo do not claim them. In Okrika, Rivers state, half of the population are Igbo speaking. Yet we do not regard them as Igbo.
Why are you so fixated on the Igbo. Why not say Ijebus, Ekitis, and Ondos are not Yoruba. Keep on putting your hand in your finger.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 8:05am On Mar 09, 2010
@Andre Uweh
close your mouth there. for one ikwerre girl to be part of your igbo meeting in the UK does not make ikwerre igbo. She did that just because she undeerstands igbo and wants to associate with nigerians that share the same culture as hers. You don't expect her to join a yoruba meeting in the UK? How many ikwerre people here in nigeria attend the same meeting with igbos? Rebisi's own is an individual decision in a far away country where she would hardly get a good number of ikwerre people to start an ikwerre meeting. It still does nt make ikwerre or etche people igbo. sorry grin grin
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Zebra, I'm sick of this your moronic statements here. This are absolutely statements of a retard. I wrote earlier that apart from the Rebisi girl, there are so many Ikwerre girls in the Igbo Youths Organisation in the UK. Not just one or two. The Etche association here in the UK are affiliated to the Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo UK chapter.
In the US, Ikwerre's are affiliated to World Igbo Congress (WIC).
The vice President of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo in Nigeria is an Ikwerre man called Engr Isaac Mahaonwu.
For once, allow this basic facts to sink into your oversized empty skull.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Andre Uweh
you are the retarded one. Here in nigeria how many times have you seen ikwerre and etche people in your ndigbo or ohanaeze meeting? being officials in your ndigbo meeting still does not make the ikwerre or etche man igbo. Jesus!!, why do igbos like claiming other tribes to be igbo? ikwerres and igbos are like dog and cat, and are not the same people. ikwerre is ikwerre while igbo is igbo for God's sake.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by abadaba(m): 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
This Zebra of a girl must be the biggest fool on political section. She does not know the Igbo groups in Nigeria. She is not an Igboman and knows nothing about Igbo culture. The young man is making a mockery of himself here.
The worst is that he fails to comprehend what authorities in Igbo culture have written here. Perhaps, he is partially sighted that he can not read what intelligent people have written.
Zebra, just quit contributing here because you are a laughing stock here.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
abadaba:

This Zebra of a girl must be the biggest fool on political section. She does not know the Igbo groups in Nigeria. She is not an Igboman and knows nothing about Igbo culture. The young man is making a mockery of himself here.
The worst is that he fails to comprehend what authorities in Igbo culture have written here. Perhaps, he is partially sighted that he can not read what intelligent people have written.
Zebra, just quit contributing here because you are a laughing stock here.

you shut up. i'm from Rivers state and i know what i'm saying. stop claiming that other ethnic groups in Rivers state are igbos. even during the civil war the ikwerres were for Nigeria and not Biafra.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
not trying to interrupt anything here but can someone in the know, enlighten me about Ojukwu's mother.

where is she from?

his half-brother who was killed together with nzeogwu was from where exactly in nigeria.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by abadaba(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Zebra: I have always said that you lack comprehension. Show me where any of the posters have claimed that the entire Rivers is Igbo. Why not accept your imbecility and ask for help here.
Once again, your write ups is not insightful for you to be here. Just go and play with your fellow kids, you beast of no specific gender.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 8:24am On Mar 10, 2010
abadaba:

@Zebra: I have always said that you lack comprehension. Show me where any of the posters have claimed that the[b] entire Rivers is Igbo[/b]. Why not accept your imbecility and ask for help here.
Once again, your write ups is not insightful for you to be here. Just go and play with your fellow kids, you beast of no specific gender.

but you are trying to claim that ikwerre and etche people are igbos, right? why not include ogoni in you list since you have added okrika to it. mumu grin grin
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by Kay17: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2010
he was a bloody thirsty autocrat, with a tribal agenda. he should burn in his grave! his irrational actions set 30 yrs back.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by edoyad(m): 8:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
Nzeogwu did Nigeria a favour and it is pride i have stored that pix in the cyber world for posterity's sake.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by asha80(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
Kay 17:

he was a bloody thirsty autocrat, with a tribal agenda. he should burn in his grave! his irrational actions set 30 yrs back.

Do you even know that nzeogwu was more fluent in hausa than igbo

1 Like

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by zebra(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2010
asha 80:

Do you even know that nzeogwu was more fluent in hausa than igbo

so we are on the same side? Nzeogwu was a hero and still remains my mentor. we need more soldiers like him in Nigeria.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2010
Kay 17:

Stop that silly behaviour here. When They struck, they never had any tribal sentiments in mind.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by AndreUweh(m): 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2010
zebra:

but you are trying to claim that ikwerre and etche people are igbos, right? why not include ogoni in you list since you have added okrika to it. mumu grin grin

Get this in your plague-filled skull. Ogonis, Okrikans are not Igbo. The Igbo groups in Rivers state are the Etches, Ikwerres, Ekpeyes, Ndonis, Ogbas, Egbemas and Asas( Obigbo).
It is certain that you can not read, but consult someone to check this out in your Rivers state govt website.
You and your group are not Igbo, hence keep your oil.

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by udezue(m): 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
Zebra,
Try not to be so imbecilic. Since u are not Igbo stay out of this conversation. Get a life. Ikwerre no be Igbo yet there are many in Igbo organizations, and many attend our all Igbo Allsaints Anglican church in Houston. I'm Awka and Aro and if I wake up one day to say I am not Igbo does that make me non-Igbo?

I could careless if you are from Brazos river. Quit talking rubbish.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2011
I am Igbo  grin forget the fact that I stink of Yoruba and smell like hausa mallam. deep down I am Igbo - Ndigbo Kwenu !!! Hiaaaaa  grin
It can be argued that the Ikwerres are not Igbos in the cultural sense - No Entrepreneurial verve and zeal (lazy lot if you ask me) and definitely lack that Thick (Apu) Igbo build common to Igbos (dem to chop perewinkle and nnsam)  grin
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by blaqoracle: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
zebra:

Have you ever wondered why someone called Danjuma or Yakubu cannot be hausa? A lot of people in the middle belt (northern minorities) bear names like Usman, Bala, Ibrahim, Abdul, etc, and yet they are not hausas. please stop living in the past when northerners believed that everybody from the east was igbo and everybody from the north was hausa. Nzeogwu is an igbo name, but his people today refuse to be called igbos. Igbo speaking part of Delta state are not igbos they have their own identity, like Ika and ukwani. Open your brain man and stop living in Nigeria of 1960.
oil I honestly agree within you, zebra. Nzeogwu was misled by the igbo to fight a cause that was selfishly theirs. Nzeogwuy was from okpanam okpanam was fomerly part of the asaba division of the then Benin . I find it very funny to understand how onitsha that is closer the said Igbo will always renounce Igbo,only for Igbo to persistently claim territories that are farther away from them.

1 Like

Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by EkoIle1: 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2012
zebra: One of the finest and brave Army officers Nigeria has ever produced.

Don't you mean...

One of the most sadistic blood thirsty and cold blooded murderers NIGERIA ever produced.
Re: Pixes Of Major Kaduna Nzegwu's Grave At The Prestigious Military Cemetery In Kd by buffny: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
how can somebody who killed democrats , premiers , prime ministers and their spouses in cold blood in the name of a stupid revolution be considered a hero ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians / Atiku Condemns Inter-Communal Violence In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.