Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,272 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech (716 Views)

The Person Who Leaked Buhari’s Speech Caught - Femi Adesina / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos / Buhari Meets Ruyi Group Officials, To Invest $200m In 4 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by adem30: 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
UN to raise 200 million dollars to help Rohingya Muslims refugees after Buhari's speech

- The United Nations has estimated 200 million dollars to help Rohingya Muslims refugees who have fled to Bangladesh

- This is coming after President Buahri spoke out against the killings of the Rohingya Muslims

The United Nations, on Friday, estimated 200 million dollars to help Rohingya Muslims refugees who have fled to Bangladesh from Myanmar in “massive numbers” to escape a bloody military campaign, Vanguard reports.

The UN decision came few days after President Muhammadu Buhari spoke out against the ethnic cleansing of Rohingya Muslims in Bangladesh.

Recall that NAIJ.com reported that President Buhari, on Tuesday, September 19, while addressing other world leaders at the UN condemned the killings.

He said: “Right now, we’re looking at $200 million. “It has not been confirmed, but it is a ballpark figure based on the estimates on the information we have.

“We base these appeals on immediate needs, and right now we know they’re going to be here for six months."

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com earlier reported that President Buhari is to spend four days in London before returning to Nigeria, his special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, has confirmed.

From Adesina’s confirmation, President Buhari is expected back in Nigeria on Monday, September 25.

Adesina did not give the actual reason Buhari is in London.

“We just landed in London. The president is in transit; to be back in Nigeria on Monday,” he said.

https://www.naij.com/1126731-un-stands-killings-rohingya-muslims-buharis-speech.html

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Ninethmare: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lies
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by RomeSankara: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Lies it's had nothing to do with Buhari's uninspiring speech ...Meanwhile when will the UN intervene to save shias of Nigeria who also face such oppression

2 Likes

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by UduMgbo1: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Buhari is a terrorist
aisha is a shameless corrupt prostitute
that's all i know for now and for sure

2 Likes

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by GavelSlam: 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2017
RomeSankara:
Lies it's had nothing to do with Buhari's uninspiring speech ...Meanwhile when will the UN intervene to save shias of Nigeria who also face such oppression

Shi'ites don't face any oppression in Nigeria hence the silence by the UN.

I wonder why you had no interest in the Shi'ites when Jonathan was president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2017
[s]
UduMgbo1:
Buhari is a terrorist
aisha is a shameless corrupt prostitute
that's all i know for now and for sure
[/s]
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Bari22: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bossa my presido

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Bari22: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ninethmare:
Lies
Nmandi is meeting UN president right now
Is that not what you want hear?
terrorist Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by RomeSankara: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

Shi'ites don't face any oppression in Nigeria hence the silence by the UN.

I wonder why you had no interest in the Shi'ites when Jonathan was president.

I was pro Buhari till he I saw he didn't have what it takes and voting him was a mistake..never been pro Jonathan and I will never support a crime aaginst humanity where over 1000 unarmed sleeping men , women and children were unjustly massacred from no clear reason in the early hours of the morning as they slept..
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Alphasoar(m): 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Please ayam not understanding, Can someone help me out?
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Nbote(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Some of u are jus pathetic... D UN security council have been consulting on d issue since Sept 13 and so many nations had already been delivering humanitarian supplies to Myanmar since den.. Very soon U'll attribute d weather to Buhari's Presence

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Bari22: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ninethmare:
You are so so stupiid
you are a terrorist

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by GavelSlam: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
RomeSankara:

I was pro Buhari till he I saw he didn't have what it takes and voting him was a mistake..never been pro Jonathan and I will never support a crime aaginst humanity where over 1000 unarmed sleeping men , women and children were unjustly massacred from no clear reason in the early hours of the morning as they slept..

So you were at the morgue to count the number.

In addition, the military would not be intimidated by any sect or group under any guise.

The Shi'ites had become a government unto themselves going against constituted authority. This they did under Jonathan's government with similar result.

No government would cower to any sect under any guise.

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Ninethmare: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bari22:

you are a terrorist
Fulani goat like You
After ur service na herdsman you go join... Dullard like your pay master.
Take time

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Bari22: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ninethmare:
Fulani goat like You After ur service na herdsman you go join... Dullard like your pay master. Take time

1 Like

Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Ninethmare: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=Bari22 post=60763323][/quote] I heard that in north you people dont use condom for protection... You guys use pure water nylon...
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Ngokafor(f): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
These buhari worshippers are funny and pathetic...so it was his speech that made UN consider helping Rohingya Muslim refugees?..

I dont what you lots take people for honestly..zombies with no brains?
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by fineboynl(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2017
the news has on the world notice for quite some time now about the refugees suffering. and it has nothing to do with buhari nonsense speech. this naij blog is pro buhari
Re: UN To Raise $200m To Help Rohingya Muslims Refugee After Buhari's Speech by Omeokachie: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hehehehehehe...

Now they want to claim credit for UN humanitarian effort?

Don't be surprised to find this on their campaign posters in 2019.

How much lower can a government go!

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Ohanaeze Reveals Who Should Know Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts / Google Honors Nigerian Writer Chinua Achebe With Google Doodle / Nnamdi Kanu: Ecowas Court Grant IPOB Plea For 10 Million Naira Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.