Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,137 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Iran Expects War Before Summer - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Expects War Before Summer (951 Views)

Why The U.S. Is Afraid Of Iran / South Africa Expects 100,000 Nigerians In Two Years / Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2010
The three-party meeting that took place in Damascus on Friday gathering the Syrian president Bashar al Assad, the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Hizbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah was a war council to devise counterattack plans and assign tasks in the event of an Israeli offensive on one or all parties, wrote Abdelbari Atwan, the editor-in-chief of the pan-Arab newspaper Al Quds al Arabi.
“The timing of the meeting, the way it was undertaken and the ensuing press conference that was held at its conclusion, all point to a strategic coalition being reinforced. This is the build-up of a new front that will spearhead the confrontation with the US-Israeli alliance and whichever Arab countries that may, expressly or implicitly, be affiliated with it.”
The Iranian president said he expects war to break out somewhere between spring and summer of this year. Meanwhile, the Hizbollah chief vowed to strike the Israeli capital, its airports and power stations if Israel dared to attack Beirut’s critical infrastructure.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100301/OPINION/702289930/1006
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
Why wage a war on them when HAARRP lager beer is readily available?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2010
unfortunately I dont have answers to your question, why dont you ask countries that posses H.A.A.R.P am sure they would be of some help!!!
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2010
Since you appear to have information to google which I dont have, perhaps it is best to ask you. After all, you know what a HARRPP lager beer can do by shooting some cosmic rays into the atmosphere and thereby causing the ground to open up. No?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lets stick to the issue. do you think war between Iran and Israel is looming?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 8:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
It is hard to say. When it happens, it will be swift like Israel have done in the past - i.e caught the enemy unaware. Iran is usually blowing hot air in my opinion, and Israel have the element of surprise. Only time will tell.  smiley

The US will probably get involve at some point, and who knows how the event will pan out then?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
one question: Whats wrong with Iran acquiring nuclear technology?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2010
Nuclear proliferation treaty. All the nations of the world agree to no more nuclear or something along those lines.

Iran's "behaviour" when it comes to throwing tantrum can be scary for people watching on the world stage.

The issue of power balance will become an issue in the ME. If Iran is allowed to acquire one, what is to stop Syria from having a go or Egypt wanting one?

Iran runs a type of government that appears to be non-accountable to the people. The Mullahs seem to have unlimited powers they can put to death anyone they want and it would be followed  without question asked. For example, the Mullah that put a fatua on Suleman Rushdie - Author of Satanic Verses - is now dead, but guess what, the fatua is still active. The argument Iran government gave is that only the person that puts the fatua out can withdraw it.

Suleman Rushdie now lives in London with armed guards for the rest of his life. Now imagine, how that make the regime that is run by the mullah in Iran looks? Good?

Oh politically, there is concern because of their views of the Western nations and as a result, I trust the Western world to do everything to protect their interest. Selfish perhaps, but I have no problem with it. It gives me MY freedom. grin

I am gonna be a while before I reply again. England is about to play soon. smiley I hope they lose. cheesy
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 10:36pm On Mar 03, 2010
so it is ok for Iran to drop their nuclear ambitions why countries like china,russia and US can keep theirs. I dont think its fair. I quite agree that the Iranian government is tyranical, but at the same time no-country should determine who should and will not acquire nuclear technology. Thats a case of double standards
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2010
john_blaze:

so it is ok for Iran to drop their nuclear ambitions why countries like china,russia and US can keep theirs. I dont think its fair. I quite agree that the Iranian government is tyranical, but at the same time no-country should determine who should and will not acquire nuclear technology. Thats a case of double standards

No it isnt double standards. My understanding is that these nations already have these Nuclear facilities in place before the treaty came to effect. Remember, a nuclear can last 80 - 100 years. [One of the nuclear reactor that powers Uk's war ship can last 22 years or so if everything is used at max continuously].

In world affairs, a group of nations can stop a nation or two from doing something if it can be a threat to the majority of the people in the world. I have given a few reasons as to why there are opposition against Iran's acquiring a Nuclear plant.

If Iran have nothing to hide, why is the offer for Russia and a few other nations to process those Nuclear that could be used for weapon-grade outside Iran, but Iran refused?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
Maybe Iran has something to hide or maybe not. To me this story sounds familar, Iraq never had WMD but they refused to allow international observers to inspect their facility. US and UK broke protocol and invaded Iraq killing millions of Iraqis and rendering more homeless. Its just not fair.

if they want Iran to quit their nuclear ambitions they should quit their own nuclear technology. Simple!!
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
If only things are that simple. Please check out Non nuclear proliferation treaty on wiki. It is quite a read, but gives you an idea of what the whole palaver is. I believe a section is dedicated to Iran.
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 11:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
Its still its not fair. No country should should tell another sovereign country what to do, that is imperialism, especially when the country is guilty of the same crime. I know you would be quick to dismiss this as another conspiracy theory but I strongly believe the americans are after Iranian oil.They are just using "terrorism" as a front to justify their soo invasion in Iran.
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 12:10am On Mar 04, 2010
JohnnyBlaze, you appear not to take on board some key issues and have your mind made up. This is not imperialism in anyway, if Russia opt to start a new nuclear production today, it will face some opposition. For the record, a few nations have been in breach of the NPNT hence why I suggest you read up on it.

Please read up on the wiki article if you can.

Again I haven't said anything about conspiracy theory yet. Anyway, you are moving away from your original questions.
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2010
JohnnyBlaze, you appear not to take on board some key issues and have your mind made up. This is not imperialism in anyway, if Russia opt to start a new nuclear production today, it will face some opposition. For the record, a few nations have been in breach of the NPNT hence why I suggest you read up on it.

Please read up on the wiki article if you can.

Again I haven't said anything about conspiracy theory yet. Anyway, you are moving away from your original questions.

Lets play it your way. You said if Russia decides to expand on its already nuclear technology they would face opposition.But have you forgotten that china recently announced that they were building several nuclear stations across its nation, in retaliation obama in his "state of the union address" said the US was going to build 2 more nuclear plants. what do you have to say about that?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 9:31am On Mar 04, 2010
Source?
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by Mariory(m): 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
There will be no war. After all, the US has successfully tested HARP right? grin Iran will simply be sent back to the stone age with their 80's soviet SAMs and AAA guns they like to brag about.

Iran economy in shambles?

Iran should note HARP is deadly. Don't have HARP and drive. grin
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by johnblaze1: 1:17am On Mar 05, 2010
@elrazur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PWQtCDaYY

state of the union address 2010
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by 9jawear(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2010
this sounds interesting, now we will be abe to test the so called military might of the isrealis against the iranians
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 8:01am On Mar 05, 2010
john_blaze:

@elrazur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1PWQtCDaYY

state of the union address 2010

Man, you really need to learn how to debate. You have stated a claim and I asked you for source, no way I will sit through an hour of video. Do you not have any article from a reputable source to back this up? Or do you know at what part in the video - so I can see what was said exactly?

I have done a quick check before I asked you for source. China and Russia are all building new power plants, in fact, US firms appears to be supplying the Chinese with building parts and reactor etc. Using your logic, I am guessing this looks like double standards to you. One thing you may have forgotten is that, Nuclear power plant for peaceful purposes are allowed, however from the way Iran have conducted herself plus other reason, there is enough reason to suggest it may not be peaceful. It is better to stop them now, than to allow them and then we all find out it is not for peaceful purposes.

Iran is constantly testing military grade rockets when ever it is trying to show force. Not complying with rules with regards to atomic energy, it claims to be for peaceful purposes, yet there are secrets site for their nuclear reactor [they only came out to say so after they uncovered that US spies found them out] etc. I don't know about you, but I will prefer such a country is not allowed nuclear power of any kind - especially when it can be used for military applications.
Re: Iran Expects War Before Summer by ElRazur: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2010
Even the IAEA gave the blessings on the building of those nuclear site in china. You know why? The world have nothing to worry about. When it comes to Iran, everyone is sceptical because they have not played by the rules etc.

Source: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2009-04/21/content_7697913.htm

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gaddafi Calls For Calm In The Uk / President Obama Gets Post-convention ‘boost’(get Lifted Up By Powerlifter)pix / Parents Sue Education Consultant For 2 Million After Sons Don't Get Into Harvard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.