Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ - Sports (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ (40356 Views)

Which Senegal Team Is The Golden Generation 2002 WC Team Or 2021 AFCON Team? / The Rise And Rise Of Samuel Chukwueze / Russia 2018 – Hazard Takes Swipe At England’s Golden Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2017
Eagles Defender Awaziem – Working With Ranieri & Rohr Has Made Me A Better Defender

Nantes of France defender Chidozie Awaziem has praised the amount of work put into making him a better defender by coach of the Nigeria national team Gernot Rohr and his club coach Claudio Ranieri.

Awaziem has grown in leaps and bounds since joining the Ligue 1 side on loan from FC Porto where he was mainly with the B team last season despite making his breakthrough into the first team the previous season.

He is now among the first name on the team sheet at Nantes since the start of the season, a form which has helped him cement his spot in the senior national team of Nigeria.

” I must say it has not been easy for me prior to now but working with Ranieri at Nantes and Rohr with the Nigeria national team has helped me a lot. Both men are very experienced in grooming defenders, I’m so lucky to be working with them”, Awaziem told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” There’s a whole lot of similarities in the way they want their team to defend, that has helped me a lot, and I must say the trust given to me by both men has also impacted positively on my confidence and form of late.

” The goal is to keep playing and improving at Nantes because the World Cup is one tournament every player wish to play, and my dream will come true if I maintain my current form or even improve it with Nantes”, Awaziem concluded.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/eagles-defender-awaziem-working-with-ranieri-rohr-has-made-me-a-better-defender/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:25am On Oct 16, 2017
Nigeria: Russia World Cup - FIFA to Pay Nigeria N4.5bn

Coach Gernot Rohr has warned against another pay strike at the World Cup if the country hoped to improve on their previous outings at the global tournament.FIFA

At the 2014 World Cup, the Super Eagles skipped a training to protest the non-payment of bonus for qualifying for the tournament forcing the country's sports minister to fly out by private jet to pay them almost $4 million cash in Brazil.

Rohr said he believes the three-time African champions can improve on their best World Cup performance of a Round of 16 by better and early preparation as well as ensuring money issues are sorted out well in advance.

Nigeria will be paid a total of $12.5 million by FIFA for qualifying for Russia 2018 with $2.5 million of this amount paid for the Eagles to prepare adequately for the football showpiece.

They will earn more cash should they reach the knockout rounds of the tournament as they have done in 1994 and 2014.

Nigeria have so far used a total of 37 players for the qualifying tournament for Russia 2018 and they are all entitled to a share of a qualification bonus.

Rohr, a 64-year-old Franco-German coach, said he believes that with a fully prepared and united team both on and off the pitch, Nigeria can expect their best performance at next year's tournament.

"If we want to do something at the World Cup, we have to prepare well," he said.

"We want everybody who wants to be part of the team to show the same solidarity we currently have in the team.

"More importantly, we don't want the issue of money to be a problem.
"The issue of bonuses and allowances, which are the usual African problem we see during the World Cup, must be avoided.
"Such issues will be bad for our preparation.
"I have told my officials and the federation president that all (such issues) be cleared before the start of the competition."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201710160294.html
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Ikenna Ikedi, Ibrahim Shuaibu score to lift Norwegian club Haugesund FK
By ScoreNigeria admin

Victory was made in Nigeria for Norwegian club Haugesund FK today as they beat Sandefjord Fotball 2-0 with both goals by Nigerians Ibrahim Shuaibu and Ikenna Ikedi.

Ikedi opened scoring for Haugesund after 16 minutes, before the better known Shuaibu made the game safe for the home team seven minutes from time.

Shuaibu has now netted six goals in the league.

Haugesund are now fifth on the table with 39 points from 25 matches.

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/15/ikenna-ikedi-ibrahim-shuaibu-score-to-lift-norwegian-club-haugesund-fk/&hl=en-NG
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2017
Hull City and Chelsea defender Ola Aina in line to make full Nigeria debut next month
The defender made his international bow earlier this month
By William Jackson

Ola Aina could be in line for his first international start next month, Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has confirmed.

The right-back came off the bench earlier this month to make his debut as the Super Eagles became the first African side to seal qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia with a win over Zambia.

However, with a dead rubber qualifying game against Algeria still to play in November, the Hull City loanee could be in line for a full debut and he will be hoping to stake a claim to be involved in Rohr’s squad next summer.

While Rohr is mindful of attaining a strong FIFA ranking ahead of the World Cup draw, he admits the game is a good opportunity to give the fringe players a chance to impress.

''Well, it is a possibility to use the opportunity to see some of the players we have not seen so much of them,'' Rohr told The Sun Nigeria.

''We have players like John Ogu, Nwakeme, Ola Aina, among others. It will be good to use the game to look at them very well but we are also conscious of getting good FIFA ranking ahead of the World Cup draws in December 1.

''Resting super regular players is a possibility but we are also looking at the possibility of finishing the qualifiers without losing a match.''

Source: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-chelsea-defender-ola-632260
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37am On Oct 16, 2017
Super Eagles Coach : We Will Keep Monitoring Deportivo La Coruna’s Francis Uzoho

Super Eagles goalkeeper coach Alloy Agu has hinted that Deportivo La Coruna new kid on the block Francis Uzoho will be invited to the national team ahead of next summer's World Cup if he consistently churns out brilliant performances for the Spanish side.

In some quarters, the Super Eagles faithful want the goalkeeper to be immediately invited to the national team for their next fixture versus Algeria having made his La Liga debut against SD Eibar on Sunday , but Agu is having none of it, saying he has to first confirm if Uzoho is up to scratch.

''As long as he keeps playing and he's on top of his game, of course he'll get a call-up,'' Agu told only allnigeriasoccer.com .

''We are looking for good hands that will make Nigeria proud and he's a Nigerian, who said we won't look at him.

''We will monitor him, it's good to hear, good to know. We will keep our radar on him and continue to monitor and pray for his progress.

''Honestly speaking, a Nigerian is entitled to play for Nigeria no matter wherever he is as long as he lives up to standards, I'll keep monitoring him.''

In addition to posting a shutout in his maiden appearance in the Spanish top-flight, Uzoho has kept three clean-sheets from four appearances for Deportivo La Coruna II in the Segunda División B - Grupo I.

Born October 28, 1998, he was a member of the Golden Eaglets squad at the 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup, but was behind Dele Alampasu and Abdulazeez Abubakar in Manu Garba's pecking order of goalkeepers.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : rcdeportivo.es

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25038
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Goalkeeper Uzoho Of Deportivo La Coruna La Liga Debut Excites Rohr -We Will Call Him ….

The La-Liga debut of goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho for Deportivo La Coruna has drawn a reaction from the spokesman of the senior national team of Nigeria Toyin Ibitoye.

Uzoho made his La-Liga bow for Deportivo La Coruna in their 0-0 draw against Eibar, a game where he made four saves and won accolades from the media and even his coach Pepe Mel.

Speaking to Owngoalnigeria.com Ibitoye said coach Gernot Rohr has been tracking the progress of the soon to be 19 year old long before his debut which has made him the youngest foreigner to have kept goal in the La-Liga.

” We know him (Uzoho) long before his debut. Rohr is aware of him and has been following his progress at the La-Liga side, so his debut is an exciting thing for us especially in an area where the team is open to younger options”, Ibitoye told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat on phone.

” He (Uzoho) has to work hard and play more games for the team although his debut has no doubt put him in the picture to be called up to the team. He has to keep working hard and that way it will be impossible for the Technical crew not to notice him”, he concluded.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/goalkeeper-uzoho-of-deportivo-la-coruna-la-liga-debut-excites-rohr-we-will-call-him/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
Under-Fire Super Eagles Midfielder Mikel Agu Scores, Bags Assist For Bursaspor

On loan FC Porto midfielder Mikel Agu scored his first goal for his loan side Bursaspor to power them to a 3-1 win over Osmanlispor in a Turkish top division league game.

Agu put his team 2-1 up in the 38th minute, a lead which they later made 3-1 minutes after they were reduced to 10 men following the sending off of Jires Kembo-Ekoko fifteen minutes from full time.

The goal was the first for Agu who have been ever present for the Turkish side since his move in the summer from FC Porto, and has earned three more caps for Nigeria within same period.

However he was roundly criticised for his performance in Nigeria’s last two World Cup 2018 Qualifiers particularly in the away game to Cameroon in Yaounde.

In the same game his Nigerian national team colleague William Troost-Ekong was on for the entire duration of the game and played a big role in keeping out of favour Super Eagles duo of Raheem Lawal and Aminu Umar silent , with the duo failing to get on the score sheet despite playing the entire duration of the game for Osmanlispor.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/under-fire-super-eagles-midfielder-mikel-agu-scores-bags-assist-for-bursaspor/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ex England International Who Opt For England Ahead Of Nigeria Warns Tammy Abraham

Former England international John Fashanu has sounded a note of warning to on loan Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham to be careful when making a decision on his international future.

The England U21 international who is of Nigerian descent is mulling over a switch of allegiance from England to Nigeria at international level, with Nigeria offering him the chance to fight for a spot in their World Cup 2018 squad.

Fashanu who was in similar circumstances in the 80’s and early 90’s but opt for England, where he ended up with just three caps says it will be wise for him to switch allegiance to Nigeria than wait for a call up to the senior national team of England.

” A lot of has been said on this issue but as someone who has been in similar situation in the past, my advice to him is to switch to Nigeria. It’s clear they want him the more, at the stage it’s crucial to opt for the team that wants you the more”, Fashanu told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He is talented and we all know it, but when you look at the English team, there are lot of youngsters ahead of him unlike in Nigeria, where those in his position are in their 30’s. Look at Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina they are going to the World Cup..

” Shola Amoebi made the late switch to Nigeria and played at the World Cup, he could have played in more than one if he had made the switch earlier. Tammy Abraham should be wise and I expect his parents to guide him on this”.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/ex-england-international-who-opt-for-england-ahead-of-nigeria-warns-tammy-abraham/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
Deportivo La Coruna Coach Pedicts Bright Future For Nigerian Goalkeeper Uzoho

Coach of Spanish La-Liga side Deportivo La Coruna says 18 year old Nigerian goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho has a bright future following his debut last weekend, where he kept a clean sheet.

Uzoho joined the team last year from the famous Aspire Academy in Qatar, and his form has seen him progressed rapidly through the ranks of the club to the first team.

A member of the Nigeria U17 team of 2013, his rise didn’t come as a surprise to coach of the club Pepe Mel , who was brave enough to hand him his debut away to Eibar ahead of the vastly experienced ex Manchester City goalkeeper Castel Pantilimon.

The Nigerian made four saves, and also looked completely assured with the ball at his feet, but coach Mel believes he still has more to offer in the future.

” A coach has to act according to the things he sees in training, he is only 18 and can barely speak Spanish but I know what he can offer this club”, Mel said.

” We have to watch him closely and make sure he continue his progress and become a top goalkeeper in the future, he has the potential to do it”.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/deportivo-la-coruna-coach-pedicts-bright-future-for-nigerian-goalkeeper-uzoho/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Talk Of Norway Chidera “Nigerian Iniesta ” Ejike Tells Fans – You Haven’t Seen Anything Yet

Fresh from scoring a brace for Valerenga in their 5-1 thrashing of Aalesund, Chidera Ejike popularly known as Nigerian Iniesta says fans of the club should expect more from him.

Ejike is finally delivering on the promises that made Manchester City and Liverpool to express an interest in him, with Liverpool going a step further by having the forward on trial for three weeks.

The man who snubbed a short term contract at Spanish La-Liga side Espanyol for Valerenga of Norway told Owngoalnigeria.com that he has finally found his rhythm in Norway.

” It’s not been easy for me. The language, culture, food and weather affected me at the start but I’m use to every thing now, including the physical demands of the league”, Ejike known as Ejuke in Norway said.

” I’m yet to hit full gear but very soon fans of Valerenga will know me better. The coach (Ronny Deila has helped me a lot with my football and adaptation and I’m grateful to him”.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/talk-of-norway-chidera-nigerian-iniesta-ejike-tells-fans-you-havent-seen-anything-yet/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
EXCLUSIVE: Super Eagles to give Manchester City loanee Chidiebere Nwakali big chance
By Samm Audu

SCORENigeria has exclusively gathered that Manchester City loanee Chidiebere Nwakali will be handed a chance to stake a claim at World Cup-bound Super Eagles, and that could even be as early as next month in Algeria.

“Chidi Nwakali is one of the players being considered by the Super Eagles because the coach (Gernot Rohr)is looking for a lot more creativity in midfield,” a team official told only SCORENigeria

He could play as an attacking midfielder or a playmaker.

Nwakali, older brother of Flying Eagles and Arsenal midfielder Kelechi Nwakali, was one of the stars when Nigeria won the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup in Abu Dhabi.

He has also been capped by Nigeria at U20 level.
Nwakali,20, has been consistent in Norway on loan from Manchester City.

Last season, he scored three goals in 22 appearances for IK Start.
And in the current campaign, he has also scored three goals in 23 appearances for Sogndal, who are above the relegation pack.

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/16/exclusive-super-eagles-to-give-manchester-city-loanee-chidi-nwakali-big-chance/&hl=en-NG
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
CHAN Eagles begin training camp in Ilorin next month
By ScoreNigeria admin

SCORENigeria can exclusively report that the home-based Super Eagles will resume training for next year’s CHAN in Morocco next month in Ilorin after the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) secured sponsorship for Kwara State.

A top source told only SCORENigeria that the local Eagles will begin training by the second week of November all things being equal.

Coach Salisu Yusuf has also said he plans to call up a big squad of about 30 players for this training camp with the bulk coming from the players who featured at the recent WAFU Cup in Ghana.

He said he also hopes for an overseas training stint during which the team will play some top warm-up games.

Morocco 2018 will begin on January 12 and this will be Nigeria’s third straight appearance in the competition exclusively reserved for players who feature in their domestic leagues.

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/16/chan-eagles-begin-training-camp-in-ilorin-next-month/&hl=en-NG
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Everton Loanee Onyekuru & Samuel Kalu Make Team Of The Week In Belgium

The Nigerian duo of Samuel Kalu and Henry Onyekuru have been voted in the team of the week in Belgium after the brace they scored for their respective teams last weekend.

Onyekuru who is on loan from Everton showed his class once again for Anderlecht with a brace to power them to a 4-2 win over Mechelen , the brace took his goal tally to six for the season.

On his part Samuel Kalu came off the bench to good effect for Waasland Beveren as he scored both goals for Gent which handed them a 2-0 win, and also take his season tally to three goals in seven games.

Their performances earned them a spot in the best eleven players of the week in Belgium with Kalu lining up alongside Onyekuru in a three man attack that has Orlando Sa has top striker.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/everton-loanee-onyekuru-samuel-kalu-make-team-of-the-week-in-belgium/

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
Rohr Drops Victor Moses, Recalls Red Hot Onyekuru For Eagles Clash Against Algeria

Injured Chelsea ace Victor Moses has been dropped from the list of players called up by coach of the senior national team of Nigeria for their dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie against Algeria.

Rohr made it known shortly after the Eagles progressed to the World Cup courtesy of their 1-0 win over Zambia that some players won’t be called up for the game against Algeria.

Although the coach insist he needs a formidable team for the tie against Algeria next month, Moses is among the players the coach has made up his mind not to call for the game in Algiers.

The injury to Moses in Chelsea shock 1-2 loss to Crystal Palace which is expected to rule him out for at least four weeks has now left the manager with no option than to drop the 26 year old.

Henry Onyekuru will take his spot in the team as Rohr has decided to hand the Everton loanee a recall owing to his fine form for his loan side Anderlecht.

Onyekuru has six league goals for Anderlecht, a tally that has lead to talks about a return to Everton in January, with the forward also confirming talks were held in that direction with Everton last week.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/16/rohr-drops-victor-moses-recalls-red-hot-onyekuru-for-eagles-clash-against-algeria/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2017
TACTICAL CHANGE INSPIRED WIN OVER HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, SAYS SWANSEA’S ABRAHAM
By Sam Francisco, Correspondent

The Swans defeated David Wagner’s men at the Liberty Stadium and the 20-year-old believes a change in shape was the deciding factor in the victory

Tammy Abraham believes tactical decisions made by Swansea City manager Paul Clement were key in their 2-0 win over Huddersfield Town on Saturday.

The Anglo-Nigerian bagged a brace in the encounter to take his goal tally to five in all appearances for the South Wales club side.

However, the Swans, who had lost their opening three games on their home turf prior to this encounter defeated the Terriers to pick up their first win of the season at the Liberty Stadium and the Chelsea loanee admitted a change in formation by the gaffer and belief in each other propelled them to victory.

“We changed our formation to press them,” Abraham told club website.

“We believed in each other and we believed in the coaching and we gave a good performance out there.

“We know we are a good side. It was just a matter of time before we started to perform.

“We believe in each other. We had to show that on the pitch and keep fighting for a result and show we are a good team.”

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/tactical-change-inspired-win-over-huddersfield-town-says/10d4c5z8li7jb15vmzjz82sg2i
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigeria, very important country in African football – CAF President

CAF president, Ahmad Ahmad

says unity is key to Nigeria’ s rising profile in football

The strength that lies in unity is the secret behind Nigeria’ s upward surge in both the boardroom and the pitch in global football , the President of the Confederation of African Football , Mr . Ahmad Ahmad .

Ahmad spoke on Sunday at the Eko Hotel and Suites , Lagos at a meeting with Congress of Nigerian Football , which also had in attendance Members of the NFF Executive Committee .

“ If you ( the Executive Committee and Congress ) did not support Amaju ( Pinnick ) in his decision to support the Change Team before the CAF elections , we would not be here today . Your support underscores the unity of Nigerian Football fraternity , and this is refreshing considering what we have in some other countries .

“ Amaju ( Pinnick ) has been spot - on in at least two major decisions this year : to support the change at CAF and to get the Nigerian fraternity to work assiduously towards Nigeria’ s qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup . No doubt , Nigeria is the strongest African team going to Russia and we expect so much from the Super Eagles.”

Ahmad advised the Congress to continue to give backing to the vision and mission of the Amaju Pinnick –led NFF, insisting that CAF has the highest regards for Nigeria .

“ We are here not only to watch the finale of the AITEO Cup but also to hold the CAF Emergency Committee meeting . Nigeria is a very important country in African football , and will remain so for a long time with the unity and cohesion that I see here this afternoon . ”

Earlier, Pinnick told the CAF President and his entourage that though members of the Board do disagree occasionally as normal in any human arrangement ,
“ we have always been able to put our passion and commitment to what is best for the country beyond primordial sentiments .
“ When we came on board , we sought to take Nigerian Football to the next level and also sought global recognition . Our hard work is paying off. We have redefined sponsorship ; we were one of the first countries to be on the FIFA Connect and ; we have auditors one of the most reputable companies in the world ( PriceWaterHouse Coopers ) while also having an Integrity Officer . ”

NFF 1 st Vice President Seyi Akinwunmi thanked the CAF President for the gesture of including seven eminent Nigerians in different CAF committees ; 2 nd Vice President / LMC chairman Shehu Dikko assured that the Nigerian Football family is working towards the same goal and ; Sokoto State FA chairman Nasiru Saidu , on behalf of the Congress , pledged absolute loyalty to the Pinnick administration .

Also at the meeting were CAF Vice Presidents Kwesi Nyantakyi and Omari Selemani , CAF Emergency Committee member Souleman Waberi , NFF Board Members Ibrahim Gusau , Sunday Dele - Ajayi , Suleiman Yahaya - Kwande , Chidi Okenwa, Yusuf Ahmed , Felix Anyansi - Agwu , Sharif Inuwa, Mohammed Alkali , Aisha Falode , Babagana Kalli and Musa Duhu , NFF General Secretary Mohammed Sanusi and Chairmen of the 44 Members of the NFF ( including the Football Associations of the 37 States , the Leagues , Players ’ Union, Coaches Association and Referees Association) .

Source: http://punchng.com/nigeria-very-important-country-in-african-football-caf-president/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Mikel Agu (Bursaspor): Agu was imperious as he featured for 90mins in his side's 3-1 win over Osmanlispor in the Turkish Super Lig.

He bagged a goal and also an assist. He was also commanding in midfield with key tackles, excellent interceptions and key passes. He was simply MOTM. Amazing that this was the same player who struggled against the Zambians (even though he grew into the game with time).

Agu's Stats Infographic......

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

William Troost Ekong (Bursaspor): Featured for all 90 as his side secured a 3-1 win over Aminu Umar's Osmanlispor SK.

Troost's Stats Infographic below....

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor SK): Played all 90 mins from the left wing as his team fell 3-1 to Troost's Bursaspor in The Turkish Super Lig.

Aminu's Stats Infographic......

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City): He featured for 74 mins and was replaced by the man who notched an assist on coming off the bench... Islam Slimani.

Iheanacho had an averagely decent game by all standards and even picked up a yellow card. This was only his second start all season as he had to battle back into reckoning from a foot injury and from a lack of preseason meaning he was behind his team mates in terms of physical Conditioning and Match fitness. Good to have him make his comeback... Hopefully with more games, he will hit a gusher... wink

His side drew 1-1 with West Brom in Monday night's EPL game.

Iheanacho's Stats Infographic.....

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerian Players P-Index

Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City): Unlike Nacho, he featured for all 90 mins in Leicester's 1-1 home draw against Pulis' West Brom.

He produced a game high seven tackles and had a strong game all round in what was a tough encounter for Leicester.

Ndidi's Stats Infographic as shown below....

Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:17am On Oct 17, 2017
TAMMY ABRAHAM CAN BECOME A STAR AT CHELSEA, SAYS SWANSEA CAPTAIN LEON BRITTON
By Sam Francisco, Correspondent

The 20-year-old is on loan at the Liberty Stadium from the Blues and the Swans skipper has backed him to be a success at Stamford Bridge

Swansea City captain Leon Britton has backed Tammy Abraham to become a star at Chelsea.

The Anglo-Nigerian scored 26 goals in all competitions for Bristol City last season and has scored five goals in eight appearances for Paul Clement’s side this term.
Abraham has been tipped by the Englishman to break into the first team and become the figurehead in the Blues attack.

"It is difficult at Chelsea," Britton told the Evening Standard.
"We have seen a lot of players who have left and have had big careers. But I don't see why Tammy can't make it there.
"The top teams always create a lot of chances and Tammy is a very good finisher. If you give him those chances, he will score the goals.

"He has come here to prove to Chelsea that he can do it in the Premier League with a team who are not at the standard of Chelsea. If he does that, I don't see why he can't go back and break through and have a long career there.

“He reminds me of someone I played with at West Ham, Jermain Defoe, in terms of the hunger to score. He just wants to get on the end of everything."

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/tammy-abraham-can-become-a-star-at-chelsea-says-swansea/gcl9eu60n7vu1kcem43fhcuff
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2017
Amuneke Backs Teenage Deportivo Goalkeeper Uzoho For World Cup Spot
By Johnny Edward

Former Super Eagles forward Emmanuel Amuneke believes Francis Uzoho has enough quality to compete for a place in the World Cup bound squad if given a chance, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Teenage goalkeeper Uzoho made an impressive debut for Deportivo La Coruna, keeping a clean sheet in Sunday’s 0-0 draw at Eibar and Amuneke believes with a bit of consistency he could become a top goalkeeper for club and country.

Amuneke who was part of the national U-17 technical crew that discovered Uzoho in 2012 stated that 18-year-old was unlucky not to be Golden Eaglets’ No.1 at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

“He (Uzoho) was brilliant against Eibar and I think he will develop into a top player since he has gott his chance,” Amuneke told Completesportsnigeria.com.

“Getting a chance with the Super Eagles will be good for him but he must be convincing in more games.

“Credit must be given to Emeka Amadi for the steady rise of these goalkeepers coming up. Not many gave them a chance but he trained them and kept faith with them.”

Uzoho was part of the victorious Nigeria squad at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, without featuring in a single match at the tournament.

“He was unlucky not to be No.1 then because Alampasu was consistent,” Amuneke, who led the Eaglets to retain the trophy in 2015, added.

“Amadi groomed the likes of Dele Alampasu, Akpan Udoh and Uzoho.

“Credit must also go to Gernot Rohr who has encouraged more young players in the senior national team so it will not be out of place if he is called up to compete.”

Uzoho who is the youngest foreign goalkeeper to ever play in La Liga at 18 also took to Twitter to share his excitement at his debut.

“A day that will never disappear from my memory – my debut – thanks all for the support,” he wrote on Twitter.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-backs-teenage-deportivo-goalkeeper-uzoho-world-cup-spot/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2017
Nigerian Winger Tipped For Great Things Testing With West Brom

Premier League club West Brom have handed a trial to promising Nigerian winger Victor Sodeinde, with a view to offering him a contract ahead of the January transfer window.

National League club Maidstone United F.C have officially confirmed that Sodeinde started his trials with the Baggies on Monday, October 16.

The Nigerian is one of the top talents at Maidstone Academy and made the bench when the first team faced off against Macclesfield in the National League last month.

''Vic’s quick, he’s direct, he was top scorer in squad two in the academy last year and he’s moved up to squad one this year,'' Maidstone United coach Jay Saunders was quoted as saying by Kent Online.

''He can be a little bit erratic at times and a bit inconsistent but you normally find wingers/forwards are at that age.''
Victor Sodeinde is a second year scholar at Maidstone United F.C.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : maidstoneunited.co.uk

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25046
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44am On Oct 17, 2017
Real Madrid Trail Arsenal-Linked Nigerian Striker To England

Real Madrid have not ended their pursuit of Nigerian wonderkid
Lateef Omidiji Jnr. despite strong suggestions that the striker has agreed a deal to join Arsenal when he attains the age of majority.

The European champions were in England last week to run the rule over the Feyenoord starlet in the Premier League
invitational and see how he matches up against the top British players his age.

Lateef Omidiji Jnr. caught the eye in matches against Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham U15s.
'
'We have been watching Lateef for the past two years and continue to watch him-we already knew that he had technical abilities, great insight/clear understanding of the game and the right mentality to be a professional in Spain,'' a Real Madrid scout informed allnigeriasoccer.com .

''We also know that he has the physical qualities to compete in our league because of how fast he is and it's not a knock on Dutch football but speed and strength is not their forte so we wanted to see him match up against players his age (most were actually older than him) and to see him be faster and stronger was a sight to see.

''We see Xavi at Barcelona and Karameko at Celtic and those are what the media consider the top two and place Lateef in the top five, that could be further from the truth because Lateef is far superior with regards to speed and power and is at the same level with them with regards to technique but his mentality is also far superior to the other two.''

Real Madrid are planning to make move for Omidiji as soon as UEFA rules and his other obligations permit because they envisage that he'll be an elite player in the next five years.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25049
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2017
Opponents Watch

Algeria Set To Confirm Madjer As Coach On Thursday
By David Meshioye

Barring any last minutes hitches, former Algeria star Rabah Madjer is expected to be named as the country’s new coach by the Federation of Algerian Football (FAF) on Thursday.

Lagazettedufennec.com reported on Monday that although the former Desert Foxes skipper was evasive in confirming his appointment when quizzed by reporters during a ceremony organized by Ooredoo of which he is the ambassador, he disclosed that FAF will brief the public on Thursday.

“Everything will be officialy formalised by the FAF next Thursday,” Madjer told Lagazettedufennec.com.

Only recently, FAF appointed former national team coach Rabah Sadane as the new National Technical Director and Director of the national teams.

Madjer, who won the European Cup with Porto in 1987 and previously coached Algeria, will have the Super Eagles as his first major opponents in a dead rubber Russia 2018 World Cup qualifier on 11 November.

Algeria are already out of the World Cup race while Nigeria have already qualified for Russia having won African qualifying Group B with 13 points from five matches.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/algeria-set-confirm-madjer-coach-thursday/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2017
(Image) Nigeria Youth-Teamer Joins Albanian Club FK Egnatia

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that Albanian First Division club FK Egnatia have completed the signing of former Nigeria U17 international Henry Okebugwu.

The central midfielder had agreed terms with FK Egnatia over the summer but a deal was not finalized until he was issued a visa to join up with his new employer last week.

Henry Okebugwu was in the same Golden Eaglets set as Kelechi Nwakali, but couldn't make the 2015 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations and World Cup rosters after suffering an injury.

His agreement with FK Egnatia will keep him in Rrogozhinë until the end of the 2019-2020 season, having penned a three-year contract.

For the remainder of the 2017-18 campaign, Henry Okebugwu
has been handed the number 23 jersey.
The deal that took the former FC Ifeanyi Ubah starlet to FK Egnatia was brokered by Nigerian agent Joel Buade.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25051
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Oct 17, 2017
New Obafemi Martins Tipped To Bag Contract With Chelsea

Talented Nigerian-born striker Victor Adeboyejo,19, has been tipped to bag a contract with Premier League champions Chelsea at the end of trials.

Chelsea are set to make a decision on whether or not the former Leyton Orient wonderkid will be offered a deal after training with the club's U23 team for about three weeks, and leading the line against Swansea City in a Premier League 2 match last Friday.

Chelsea youth-team expert, CarefreeYouth , told allnigeriasoccer.com : ''He did well but missed a few easy chances (against Swansea).

''The development squad needs a forward so he has a great chance of signing but personally I think he's too good for that level.

''If he signed for us I wouldn't be shocked if he was then sent out on loan. He's good enough to play English League One football.

''We have a few trialists at the club often but not many actually play games so I'd be surprised if we have played him then don't sign him''.

Adeboyejo is on the lookout for a new club after passing up the chance to extend his contract with Leyton Orient at the end of the 2016-17 campaign.

Dubbed the new Obafemi Martins, he is also attracting interest from Barnsley, Bolton Wanderers and Sheffield Wednesday.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : twitter.com/CarefreeYouth

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25050
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22am On Oct 17, 2017
Feyenoord Watch Arsenal Striker Akpom Score Against Sunderland

Chuba Akpom opened his account for the season across all levels for Arsenal as their U23 team beat Sunderland 2-0 in a Premier League 2 clash at the Emirates Stadium on Monday night.

Making his fourth appearance of the season in the reserve league, the Hale End Academy product made it 2-0 when his cool finish found the corner with 13 minutes left on the clock.
On 48 minutes, Dragomir bent an effort into the top corner to give Arsenal the lead after he was fed by Akpom.

Defender Joseph Olowu and Akpom put in a full shift for the Gunners, England youth-teamer Tolaji Bola entered into the fray in the 46th minute and the exciting youngster Folarin Balogun was a non-playing sub.

Sunderland's Molyneux missed a clear chance after he was picked out by the youngest Nigerian to feature in the Premier League, Joel Asoro.

Despite the loss, Sunderland would be delighted that former Super Eagles invitee Josh Maja emerged unscathed on his return from a knee injury that had kept him on the sidelines for about three months.

As per reports , Dutch Eredivisie club Feyenoord sent one of their scouts to check on the progress of the Arsenal and Sunderland starlets.

Akpom had courted interest from the Dutch champions in 2015 before he penned a fresh contract with the Gunners.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : Twitter.com/Cakpom

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25048
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2017
Chelsea Fumes At Nigeria For Playing Victor Moses For ’90mins’ Against Zambia

Chelsea have blamed the senior national team of Nigeria for the hamstring injury picked up by Victor Moses in their 1-2 loss to Crystal Palace last weekend.

Moses left the pitch five minutes before the half time break and the club confirmed report by this portal that he will be out for four to six weeks with the hamstring injury.

The Nigeria international played the entire duration of Nigeria’s 1-0 win over Zambia during the last international round of games, with the win securing Nigeria a spot at next year World Cup in Russia.

A source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com that Chelsea are angry with Nigeria for playing Moses for the entire duration of the game against Zambia, despite the forward complaining of a tight hamstring during the course of the game.

” Moses was supposed to be pulled out of the game against Zambia but the injury which lead to two substitutions forced the coaches to leave him on for the entire duration of the game , which he played through the pain barrier”, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” He (Moses) complained of a tight hamstring during the half time break, but he had to manage it for the entire duration of the game. The rest he had after the game didn’t bring the desire result, hence the re-occurrence of the injury on Saturday.

” Chelsea are understandably angry because they know how to manage him and if you can recall he was rested in the game against Manchester City with coach Antonio Conte saying he has played too many games.

” When people say Moses is not committed to the course of the national team, they don’t know about his injury situation, last season he was always the man to be substituted, because they realise he needs to have enough rest for the next game”, the family source told Owngoalnigeria.com.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/17/chelsea-fumes-at-nigeria-for-playing-victor-moses-for-90mins-against-zambia/
Re: The Thread For The Rise Of Nigeria's Next Golden Generation- The Super Eagles+ by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2017
Wike Meets Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos in Madrid
*To seal agreement on Real Madrid Academy in Rivers today

In continuation of the process for the setting up of a Real Madrid Academy in Rivers State, Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike on Monday toured training facilities of Real Madrid Football Club in Spain.

The governor met with Real Madrid officials for further discussions on the modalities for the setting up an academy affiliated to the La Liga team in Rivers State.
Wike is billed to meet with the President of Real Madrid, Florentino Perez, today to formalise the agreement between the Rivers State Government and the club on the establishment of the Academy.

The Rivers State governor also met with some of the galacticos of the club like Cristiano Ronaldo and Captain Sergio Ramos during the tour of Santiago Bernabeu.

Vice President of Interact Sports, Mr Kazma and officials of Real Madrid led Wike and his entourage on a guided tour of the Real Madrid training facility.

Wike said that the objective of setting up the Real Madrid Academy in Rivers State is to develop stars that would rule the world in the nearest future

“We are using football as one of the key empowerment programmes for the next generation.

“We want to grow international football stars from a tender age. We will tap from the experience and exposure of Real Madrid and their stars. This is a project that will revolutionise football in Rivers State and Nigeria, the governor noted.

He assured Rivers people that the academy to be established in the state will be of international standard and will take into consideration the education of the children.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos lauded Wike for his commitment to the development of the game of football.

Wike was accompanied on the facility tour by the state’s Commissioner for Sports, Mr Boma Iyaye, and former Nigerian international, Adokiye Amiesimaka.

Iyaye said that the Real Madrid affiliated football academy will enhance the game of football in the state.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/10/17/wike-meets-ronaldo-sergio-ramos-in-madrid/

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (32) (Reply)

Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles / Ghana Holds Burial For Christian Atsu (Photos) / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.