Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Canadian Immigration Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Immigration Advice (1859 Views)

Canadian Immigration Scam Alert.(swiftravelsolution.com) / Canadian Immigration News / Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2010
Hey Nairalanders,

Please I need advice for a cousin who is planning to apply for Canadian Federal Skilled workers program.

He has about four years experience in Plumbing and recently concluded a 3 years part time diploma in Business Administration from Yaba tech and he's is currently working as a maintenance tech at a company. He's 27 and not married.

We are trying to weigh his chance of being successful at the program.

Please anyone with good info and advice will be highly appreciated?
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by omomioba: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2010
Just ensure to do your due diligence. Beware of fake advisers.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
Thanks for the link. Do u mean he's not qualified to apply under Canada skilled workers program?
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Delta007(m): 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2010
larrymilla:

Thanks for the link. Do u mean he's not qualified to apply under Canada skilled workers program?
Please do not listen to that clown. He's just on NL to drive traffic to his sites.

See www.cic.gc.ca and click on Immigrate/Federal Skilled Worker, etc. There are tests you can take to see if you qualify. Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Mar 04, 2010
larrymilla:

Hey Nairalanders,

Please I need advice for a cousin who is planning to apply for Canadian Federal Skilled workers program.

He has about four years experience in Plumbing and recently concluded a 3 years part time diploma in Business Administration from Yaba tech and he's is currently working as a maintenance tech at a company. He's 27 and not married.

Delta has given you what you need.
Your cousin might be able to get what he need.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
Thanks guys, I've been to cic and I already have ample infos but I just want to know if they ever encourage artisans from Naija. Anyone with good practical infos (possibly from experience) that could guide.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by suxes2005(m): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2010
Larrymilla,

Please are you sure you are asking this
for ur bro or urself?

There is no crime if its for you plus
pple will be much interested.

Anyways, fill d form on cic and u
will see ur chances of securing a PRM

SHALOM
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
suxes2005:

Larrymilla,

Please are you sure you are asking this
for your bro or urself?

There is no crime if its for you plus
pple will be much interested.

Anyways, fill d form on cic and u
will see your chances of securing a PRM

SHALOM

Thanks, I am already on d exit for now, I just need to make sure d poor guy find a way up. He's a good boy. I just thinking it may be impossible for Nigerians with no 1st degree.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Delta007(m): 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2010
larrymilla:

Thanks guys, I've been to cic and I already have ample infos but I just want to know if they ever encourage artisans from Naija. Anyone with good practical infos (possibly from experience) that could guide.

Thanks.
Actually, these professions excel in the Western world. The problem we have in Nigeria though is that most people do not require/use licences to practice. They learn their trades from experience and that's it. In this part of the world, you go to school, become an apprentice and after a few thousand hours of apprenticeship, you get a license whice is upgraded on a regular basis till you meet all the requirement to be on top of your game. With regards your pal, if he does not have formal education, you may have to look for other means to immigrate or perhaps stay in Nigeria unless he wants to forget his trade and work as a factory worker or go back to school and get his licenses formally.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
Delta007:

Actually, these professions excel in the Western world. The problem we have in Nigeria though is that most people do not require/use licences to practice. They learn their trades from experience and that's it. In this part of the world, you go to school, become an apprentice and after a few thousand hours of apprenticeship, you get a license whice is upgraded on a regular basis till you meet all the requirement to be on top of your game. With regards your pal, if he does not have formal education, you may have to look for other means to immigrate or perhaps stay in Nigeria unless he wants to forget his trade and work as a factory worker or go back to school and get his licenses formally.

Thanks Delta, if you have read the original post that started this thread, you would have seen his details. I hope you will advice accordingly. this it:

larrymilla:

Hey Nairalanders,

Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Delta007(m): 12:31am On Mar 06, 2010
larrymilla:

Thanks Delta, if you have read the original post that started this thread, you would have seen his details. I hope you will advice accordingly. this it:

Again, I do not want to sound rude but your answers are on the CIC website.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp ; the occupations are listed there. There are the "eligibility tool" test and the "self-assessment" test you can take to see if you or your friend qualify. It's recommended. It's the same test ány agency would give to you to see if you meet the minimum requirements. There are a few other factors you need to meet before you qualify. If you do not make the required points, your application will be rejected whether you use an agent or not. Check the "occupation list"; make sure yours fall under the right category; your years of experience, etc. Take the tests truthfully and if you pass it, then the next step is going thru the guide, filling the application forms and collecting all required documents as needed.
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by disturbia: 1:41am On Mar 06, 2010
@Delta007

@last I saw you online. Thanks for all the info
Re: Canadian Immigration Advice by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2010
Delta007:

Again, I do not want to sound rude but your answers are on the CIC website.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp ; the occupations are listed there. There are the "eligibility tool" test and the "self-assessment" test you can take to see if you or your friend qualify. It's recommended. It's the same test ány agency would give to you to see if you meet the minimum requirements. There are a few other factors you need to meet before you qualify. If you do not make the required points, your application will be rejected whether you use an agent or not. Check the "occupation list"; make sure yours fall under the right category; your years of experience, etc. Take the tests truthfully and if you pass it, then the next step is going thru the guide, filling the application forms and collecting all required documents as needed.

Thanks bros. May God continue to be your guide in da strange land.

(1) (Reply)

What Is It Like To Live And Work In Vienna, Austria? / Top 10 Most Powerful Passport,south Korea #7 Guess Who Is #1 / Live In The Usa Or Uk. Want To Come Back Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.