Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,096 members, 7,953,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' (11880 Views)

Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" / The Truth About Ebonyi State Paying New Minimum Wage. / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Marcelo290(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
I've met just one, he was the imam of the mosque in my school...
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
If you read me right, this is a clarification thread. I agree there are Igbos muslims but a small number.
Am sure there are Igbo muslims in the south east though I have never seen any there, I created this thread because some persons keep talking about igbo and ebonyi muslims.
If things are not clarified, they may be regarded as the real story.
ElsonMorali:

Yes, I have met Igbo Moslems alright, Besides, what are you gon do If there are Igbo Moslems in your Biafra? Kill them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Who is Afikpo chick?
BabaRamota1980:

Afikpo chick was learning to be muslim when she lived in Kaduna. She probably still is but hiding it cause of politics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
OK, so you have never physically met an igbo muslim before? Thanks.
BabaRamota1980:

Dont worry, you are about to meet one when me and Amarabae tie the knot. grin

Nnwanyi, where are you o? cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Did you read what you typed? I should go to mosque to find Igbo muslims?
Why? Don't they live amongst us(other Igbos)? Well If I have to go to the mosque to find them, it means they are very few in number.
dustmalik:
I don't see the point of this thread. Since there are mosques in igbo land, just go any of them. There, you'll probably see an igbo muslim.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
Igbos are not islamophobic. This is just a clarification thread.
Basic123:
The islamophobic igbo want to masturbate as usualgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by achi4u(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
I'm from Ezza North in Ebonyi state but I only heard about Muslims in Afikpo but are yet to meet one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by oglalasioux(m): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
My comment is on the names you mentioned like Mustapha Chike Obi.

We should know these names, including Mohammed, are Arabic names. Arabic existed for thousands of years before Islam. Anyone can bear those names because they are Arabic not Islamic names.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:
If you read me right, this is a clarification thread. I agree there are Igbos muslims but a small number.
Am sure there are Igbo muslims in the south east though I have never seen any there, I created this thread because some persons keep talking about igbo and ebonyi muslims.
If things are not clarified, they may be regarded as the real story.

You are contradicting yourself dear. You say there are Igbo Moslems and yet say that "If things are not clarified, they May be regarded as the real story".

Am I missing something?

6 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Paretomaster(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ask IPOB members, they burn down their mosque in Enugu. ..

Yes have seen some before. ..e. g Yahaya, Sunday etc
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
OK, thanks.
oglalasioux:

We should know these names, including Mohammed, are Arabic names. Arabic existed for thousands of years before Islam. Anyone can bear those names because they are Arabic not Islamic names.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am talking about numbers. They are a very small number.
ElsonMorali:

You are contradicting yourself dear. You say there are Igbo Moslems and yet say that "If things are not clarified, they May be regarded as the real story".

Am I missing something?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by comrChris(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
IkpuMmiri:
You probably have not been to Afikpo in Ebonyi State. 3 out of every 10 are a muslim!
I don't just understand this issue of Afikpo muslim, i am from Afikpo for crying out loud and i am at my twenties still i am yet to meet one Afikpo muslim, in fact if you have not been to Enohia where that so called school is located you wouldn't know there is a school like that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:

So their votes won't count in the new Biafra?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
What's the meaning of this? If can't understand what this thread is about go and rest.
Igbo muslim are a small number and it's being made clear for people like you.
ElsonMorali:

So their votes won't count in the new Biafra?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
Am not saying they don't exist, I am saying they are a small number so most Igbos have never met or seen one physically.
Paretomaster:
Ask IPOB members, they burn down their mosque in Enugu. ..

Yes have seen some before. ..e. g Yahaya, Sunday etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by toolovely(m): 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
people keep shouting Afikpo Afikpo..... so, because 1/7 of a village (Enohia) chose to become muslems, does that translate that the whole of Afikpo are Muslems?

yes, they have an arabic school there but that doesnt change anything. they are insignificant. so, if you've never been to Afikpo, you can keep your comments to hearsay.
Enohia itim is a village in Afikpo LGA.
the activities of the arabic school does not go beyond that village.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by mabea: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:
Where are they na? We that are Igbos we don't know or see them, it is you yoruba muslims on nairaland that always help us to see them.
Have you ever met or seen an igbo muslim physically?
Now take it from me there is a village around unwana in afikpo north LGA ebonyi state where you have some muslims. If you go to fed poly unwana you will hear names like chioma mohammed etc. They even have a big islamic school there.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
I have heard but never seen an Igbo muslim. If i find one, what will be of utmost importance to me is to understand their world view.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by tuniski: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nukualofa:
Igbo culture and Islam are not compatible. We are NOT Muslims
You as a person is not compatible I guess with even christianity! So what if you haven't seen an igbo muslim. Does anyone gets a crown for being a moslem or christian. Little wonder the hausa/fulani and igbo are the ones always hating cos of religion. Reason being they are One-sided,one directional on religious matter!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:
What's the meaning of this? If can't understand what this thread is about go and rest.
Igbo muslim are a small number and it's being made clear for people like you.

We are saying the same thing. Their number is small, so they won't be reckoned with, right?
We are beginning to see How minorities will be treated when Biafra is actualized.

Niger deltans, take note.

9 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
tuniski:

You as a person is not compatible I guess with even christianity! So what if you haven't seen an igbo muslim. Does anyone gets a crown for being a moslem or christian. Little wonder the hausa/fulani and igbo are the ones always hating cos of religion. Reason being they are One-sided,one directional on religious matter!
Nice point there.

7 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Demmzy15(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
oglalasioux:

So in essence you can give your children; Abubakr, Muhammad, Hassan Umar?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Demmzy15(m): 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
I've met some Igbo Muslims from Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu. Those from Ebonyi and Enugu came to pray at our secondary school mosque and distributed some pamphlets. The one from Imo became a Muslim at a young age when his father reverted, most of his family are Muslims now. He complained about how most of his uncles have cutoff from their family because of Islam.

A colleague of mine in university was lamenting about how Rochas is "islamizing" Imo state by building mosques everywhere, he claimed some Igbos are becoming Muslims due to this policy!

The sad reality is, minorities would suffer a lot in Biafra. That's the plain truth!

9 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by jaymichael(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:
If you need information about Nigeria's demographics, go to the official office which is the NIGERIAN POPULATION COMMISSION.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by EazyMoh(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
Funny enough I just saw a Muslim Igbo Hajiya right now after seeing this thread.
Personally I have met a few.
What the OP doesn't seem to understand is that unless it's absolutely necessary, no Igbo Muslim would want his/her Igbo brethren to know he was one. It's easier for other Muslims to meet and Know Igbo Muslims than other Igbos living at different parts of Igboland. I'd you want to disprove as someone suggested the best way to go about it is to carry out an investigative journalism. Visit the so called town in Ebonyi that many people are claiming has a sizable number of Muslims. Ask the people living in the same neighborhood with them and then try to get their numerical strength. That's the way to go instead of sitting in your living room and issuing blanket verdict.
And also your point that they are very few nobody is disputing that fact, may be something around 1%.
As a Hausa man I can say I only met one pure Hausa Christian ones in my life. But I know they exist, and I know areas were they live.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
[s]
Demmzy15:
I've met some Igbo Muslims from Imo, Ebonyi and Enugu. Those from Ebonyi and Enugu came to pray at our secondary school mosque and distributed some pamphlets. The one from Imo became a Muslim at a young age when his father reverted, most of his family are Muslims now. He complained about how most of his uncles have cutoff from their family because of Islam.

A colleague of mine in university was lamenting about how Rochas is "islamizing" Imo state by building mosques everywhere, he claimed some Igbos are becoming Muslims due to this policy!

The sad reality is, minorities would suffer a lot in Biafra. That's the plain truth!
[/s]

What on God's green earth does the last paragraph have to do with the story you typed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Demmzy15(m): 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2017
SlayerForever:

What on God's green earth does the last paragraph have to do with the story you typed?
It has a lot to do, there's a great discrimination against Igbo Muslims. There's was even a thread showing Igbo Muslim sisters and many labelled them prostitutes, others claim they're for money(this is a big lie because all I've met are genuine who are refuting Christianity) and many other allegations.

We saw the campaign of IPOB who are known Islamophobes, even Biafra under Ojukwu was kinda Islamophobic, Ojukwu wanted to paint the war like "Muslim North vs Christian South". Islam is the fastest growing religion in Igboland, you'll begin to see more, but what we're scared of is how they'll be treated by their tribesmen!

5 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by dubemnaija: 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
SlayerForever:

Abokii and Afonja can smash their heads to pieces on the ground if they want. The growth of Islam among Igbo brethren is the bone of contention here.

No chill at all grin grin

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by dubemnaija: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
Igbos worldwide says NO to religion of Piss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Mekanus(m): 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=Demmzy15 post=60823808]It has a lot to do, there's a great discrimination against Igbo Muslims. There's was even a thread showing Igbo Muslim sisters and many labelled them prostitutes, others claim they're for money(this is a big lie because all I've met are genuine who are refuting Christianity) and many other allegations.

We saw the campaign of IPOB who are known Islamophobes, even Biafra under Ojukwu was kinda Islamophobic, Ojukwu wanted to paint the war like "Muslim North vs Christian South".
Islam is the fastest growing religion in Igboland, you'll begin to see more, but what we're scared of is how they'll be treated by their tribesmen!
You can lie for Africa sha.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
[s]
Demmzy15:
It has a lot to do, there's a great discrimination against Igbo Muslims. There's was even a thread showing Igbo Muslim sisters and many labelled them prostitutes, others claim they're for money(this is a big lie because all I've met are genuine who are refuting Christianity) and many other allegations.

We saw the campaign of IPOB who are known Islamophobes, even Biafra under Ojukwu was kinda Islamophobic, Ojukwu wanted to paint the war like "Muslim North vs Christian South". Islam is the fastest growing religion in Igboland, you'll begin to see more, but what we're scared of is how they'll be treated by their tribesmen!
[/s]

Just go.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jubilation As Ugwuanyi Flags Off Abakpa Nike-emene Link Road / Judiciary: Enugu Completes 10 Court Halls In Nsukka / Edo 2020: Timipre Sylva Vows Victory For APC, Says Obaseki’s Incumbency A Ruse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.