Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' (11397 Views)

Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" / The Truth About Ebonyi State Paying New Minimum Wage. / Meet 10 Prominent Igbo Muslims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Rucheen(m): 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Abdullaziz ude from Enugu

All Igbo Muslims you have met are Enugu

Which state by are you from?

Is Ezinifite in Enugu?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
Igbos don't hate muslims. Please read properly.
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
I have met 2 ibo muslims in kogi. Now lets use this logic, if there are ibo muslims in the north there must be in the south. I don't know why ibos are afraid of islam, Yorubas were originally muslims/traditionalist and yet we did not kill the christians. This is what we call love. NB: i am neither a christian or muslim.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am not from Enugu state.
Rucheen:
Abdullaziz ude from Enugu

All Igbo Muslims you have met are Enugu

Which state by are you from?

Is Ezinifite in Enugu?

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am an Igbo Muslim.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by BALLOSKI: 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
shallysgirl:
I am not saying they don't exist. What I am saying they is that they are very few hence most Igbos and Nigerians haven't met or seen one physically.
this is what I want to dispel. That you haven't seen them doesn't mean the number is that low. You can't say "most igbo" as if you've met over 90% of Ibo people alive.

How does it make you feel if your tribe is without Muslims? There are Muslims and Christians anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by BALLOSKI: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
schoolboij:
I am an Igbo Muslim.
really? Shallysgirl, meet him.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
[s]
oglalasioux:

Yes. If I can name them English names why not Arabic names?

The contribution to modern civilisation by Arabs cannot be quantified especially in the field of mathematics. It's Islam that came and diminished that glory.

If not for Islam, Arabic would have been the central language of science and business just as English is today. I still stand by my words that Arabic is older and greater than Islam!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 12:03am On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
EazyMoh:

Lol No you are just irked by the prospects of having Muslims among your tribe. I understand a brainwashed and narrow minded ethnocentric person finds it heart to believe such. If not why would it bother you this much? The fact that you agreed there even if they are only one person makes the joke "..go tell your Ebonyi Muslim brethren.." valid.
I know you wish there is no single Igbo Muslim, fortunately there is and I don't see anything wrong with it. Actually it will do good for your civilization, the diversity will give your region the appeal it lacks to attract outsiders.
Finally you shall grow thick-skin towards these online insults and propaganda they mean nothing.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 12:16am On Sep 26, 2017
You as a yoruba man, have you met an igbo muslim physically?
I am Igbo person and so are many people commenting. The people in question live amongst us. They have families amongst us. How come we don't know them. Is it a yoruba man that should now know better than igbos. This is exactly why I created this thread. All these propaganda has got to stop.
Am not sure anyone can create such thread about Ekiti, Taraba,Ondo,Benue or Plateau,and these are predominantly Christian states.i am sure we have all met muslims from these state. I have.
I can conclude based on this thread that most Igbos and Nigerians in general have never met igbo muslims physically.
I have only met one,all my life.
i am not saying they don't exist,all I am saying is that their number is minute.
There is nothing wrong with being muslim if anyone chooses that path by the way.
BALLOSKI:
this is what I want to dispel. That you haven't seen them doesn't mean the number is that low. You can't say "most igbo" as if you've met over 90% of Ibo people alive.

How does it make you feel if your tribe is without Muslims? There are Muslims and Christians anywhere in the world.

3 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 12:19am On Sep 26, 2017
Fine. Just one in three pages. There are Igbo muslims but they are a small number.
BALLOSKI:
really? Shallysgirl, meet him.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:28am On Sep 26, 2017
ESDKING:

And you think the person that created that thread you posted it's link is truthful to himself.?
Did you even read people's comments on that thread ?

Igbos detest anything Islam with passion. Most of those Muslims there are not indigenes.

Some of you allow your innate bigotry close your minds to the realities on the ground and therefore willingly embrace ignorance to the point of stupidity.

However, the truth is that Islam had had its foot toe in Igboland well before colonial times and there had subsequently been well documented records of indigenous Igbos embracing Islam from as early as 1930s till date - a brief summary of this is herewith reproduced here for your perusal, if you so wish:

ISLAM IN IGBOLAND – BETWEEN “PHOBIA” AND REALITY (PART1)
REALITY -

The advent of Islam in Igboland was probably during the mid-nineteen century C.E. or even sometimes prior to that period. The Igala and Idoma people with whom the Igbo share border had cultural influence on the people of Nsuka who are considered as pioneer adherents of Islamic faith among the Igbo. The impact of Islam could not be felt among the Igbo until towards the end of the nineteen century. By the beginning of the twenty first century, a large number of Igbo around Nsuka began to embrace Islam. Before the establishment of the British colonial rule in Igboland, Muslim traders who came to the area won converts for Islam. Those traders include the Hausa, Fulani, Nupe people, and some Yoruba Muslims especially from Ilorin that joined the crusade later. During the British rule, most of the labourers used in road construction and as warrant officers assigned to look after some of the places around Nsuka were Muslims from Nupe and Hausa lands and they assisted the traders in disseminating of Islamic faith.

Responsible Factors
Many factors have contributed to the spread of Islam in Igboland at the initial stage and also during the twentieth century C.E., these include the intermingling of the Muslim traders with the people of the area through which the host tribe were fascinated by some admirable attributes of their clients such as: sincerity and honesty in business transactions, simplicity of life style as well as generosity and philanthropy. Through this relationship, the Muslims won prolytes to Islam from the ranks of their Igbo patrons and hosts.

It is also a general belief that the prayers and liturgical practices of the Muslims were efficacious. The Igbo were also attracted by the strict and pure monotheistic doctrines of Islam centered on the belief in the worship of one Immortal Omnipresent and Omnipotent Deity along with simplicity of the practices and teachings of Islam which is similar to their fundamental belief in Chineke the only One Creator.

The religion of Islam also lays emphasis on literacy. Prior to the arrival of the colonialists, it was only the Muslims that could read and write, though in Arabic language. The desire to acquire these skills attracted adherents to the religion. Polygamy practiced in Islam is not also in repugnant with the Igbo culture and custom.

These are some of the factors that facilitated the spread of Islam towards the mid 50s of twenty first century at the Nsukka area in places such as: Amufie, Olido, Umuogbo-Ekposhi,Ogurute and Ibagwa-Ani within the present Igbo-Eze North, South and Nsukka Local Government Area.

The greatest Jihadist that has left unbeatable landmark in Igboland was Shaikh Ibrahim Niasse Nwagui of Afikpo. Ibrahim started his Jihad after his historical journey to Senegal where he embraced Islam. He had changed his name to Alhaji Ibrahim. Born in 1929 in the Ezi Ewa compound of Anohia, Egwani studied at the Afikpo Primary School, worked in Calabar and on the island of Fernando Po (now Malabor), where learned some Spanish, and joined the Nigerian army in 1944. “After his discharge he stayed at Lagos where he claims to have had a dream about signs of God which made him to travel far, to Egypt, in West Africa, and to Gabon and the Congo… On his voyages he joined the Moslem sect of Tijaniyya, following the spiritual leadership of Ibrahim Nyas of Kaolak, near Darkar…He joined up after having a dream about this man, whom he then visited, and who converted him. He is currently succeeded by Sheikh Dauda Nwagui as Khalifah.

He used his Nnofia near Afikpo as center for his Islamic activities. Before his death he was able to convert most of the people of the area into Islam. He also toured round Igboland preaching his faith in native language. He was able to win strong people like Musa Udaemba Eme from Aberiba, Alhaji Tijani Akabuo of Orlu, Umar Isa from Ndibe, Alhaji Okpaloko of Oweri, Ibrahim Chukwu Idam including others into the fold of Islam. At Nnofia, his home town, he built a large Islamic center equipped with a large Mosque, library, primary school, hospital and residential apartment. He was reported to have burnt down all the houses of traditional worship in Nnofia on his return from pilgrimage to Mecca in 1966. If jihad means propagation of Islam, only few people could match Nwagui in the contemporary history of Nigeria.
Nwagui also established the Muslim Jama’ah in Igboland and issued identity card to member prolytes. His center at Nnofia was latter chose as operational office of the World Muslim League headed by Shaykh Amanatullah from India who served at the place for several years and upgraded it to the level of the best Islamic center in Nigeria.

The center has produced many young scholars of repute in Arabic and Islamic Studies who are at present propagators of Islam through Arabic, English and their various mother tongues. Other early Jihadists of Igbo origin include Shaykh Yusuf Awah from Owerri, Alhaji Sufyan Agwasim who embraced Islam in 1953. He propagated Islam actively and participated actively in laying the foundation of the Jama’atu ‘l-Muharriril Muslimin and other Muslim Organizations in Igboland; shaykh Abdul Gafar Emetuma the secretary general of the Jama’ah mentioned above, also traveled extensively throughout the Igboland preaching and gaining converts to Islam.

Among them also was Shaykh Alhaji Tijani Akpikpo based in Onitsha who embraced Islam in1950s. Though the Igbo Muslims were in the forefront in the crusade of propagating Islam in their domain, there were participants from other ethnic groups as well. They include Professor Babs Ali Fafunwa the former Minister for education who was reported to have assisted the cause of Islam in and around Nsukka through helping to organize the Islamic center of Nsukka division during the time of his service as Dean Faculty of Education at the University of Nigeria. The members of the center were predominantly Igbos.

The on-going National Conference presented a new dimension that reinforced Dr Egodi Uchendu research submission where Prof. Ibini Ekpe, an Igbo Islamic leader from Ebonyi State complained about the under-representation of Igbo Muslims at the Conference. He said, “I am sad. I am the only Igbo Muslim at this conference. We are not few as people think we are. We are grossly under-represented.” (Punch Newspaper, April 3, 2014).

In an important and prescient article entitled “A Moslem Igbo Village,” Prof. Simon Ottenberg wrote: “When I first carried out field research in Afikpo village group in Igbo country in 1951-1953, Anohia village seemed much like any other village there, well within the usual range of social and cultural variation. When I returned in 1959-60 the major portion of Anohia had become Islamic, a very unusual event among the Igbo.” He identifies two factors responsible for this unusual phenomenon as well as their consequences. According to him, the first was Anohia’s openness to change, which influenced its willingness to welcome both Christian missionaries and the British colonial authorities. The second was the conversion to Islam of native son: “In 1957 a son of Anohia, Okpani Egwani, who had been abroad for many years, suddenly returned. No one had heard from him for a long time… It is said that he was thought dead and that burial services had been performed for him. He returned a Moslem. Obviously there is no evidence of violence in the spread of Islam in Igboland. In the concluding Part 2, I will dwell on the basis on why Ike tagged Islam with the dictum “Islam is a violent religion!!!”(to be concluded in Part 2)

FURTHER STUDY
Contemporary Research Work of Dr Egodi Uchendu, University of Nigeria, Nsukka viz:

Current research on: The Emergence of Islam in Nigeria’s Eastern Niger Delta Region, 1890s till date.
• Uchendu, E. (ed.), New Face of Islam in Eastern Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin: Essays in Honour of Simon Ottenberg (Makurdi: Aboki Publishers, 2012).
• Uchendu, E. Dawn for Islam in Eastern Nigeria: A History of the Arrival of Islam in Igboland (Berlin: Klaus Schwarz Publishers, 2011) / Special Nigerian edition (2012).
• Uchendu, E. “Conflict and Islam in the Eastern Niger Delta” in Uchendu, E. (ed.), New Face of Islam in Eastern Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin: Essays in Honour of Simon Ottenberg (Makurdi: Aboki Publishers, 2012).
• Uchendu, E. “Being Igbo and Muslim: The Igbo of South-eastern Nigeria and Conversions to Islam, 1930s to Recent Times,” Journal of African History 51, no. 1 (2010).
• Uchendu, E. “Evidence for Islam in Southeast Nigeria,” The Social Science Journal (Elsevier), 47, no. 1 (2010).

Simon Ottenberg, “ An Moslem Igbo Village, “ Cahiers D’Etudes Africaines, No. 42, Volume 11, 1971, p.231.

Punch Newspaper, April 3, 2014, “Confab: Muslims fault Christian leaders’ position on constitution”……Available online at [http://www.punchng.com/news/confab-muslims-fault-christian-leaders-position-on-constitution/].

http://daudaayanda..com.ng/2015/02/islam-in-igboland-between-phobia-and.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by rummmy: 1:30am On Sep 26, 2017
You can lie for Africa oooo...is it the afikpo I know or another one?
IkpuMmiri:
You probably have not been to Afikpo in Ebonyi State. 3 out of every 10 are a muslim!

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:42am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
Have you ever met or seen an igbo muslim physically before?

Yes; but you wouldn't believe me even if I told you so, because you are already in denial; however, you may care to follow this link for some historical facts concerning Indigenous Igbo Muslims.

http://daudaayanda..com.ng/2015/02/islam-in-igboland-between-phobia-and.html
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:42am On Sep 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by BabaRamota1980: 2:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Im coming to Afikpo to find second wife.
Where are my IPOB brothers? Find your Yoruba brother a Biafran wife in Afikpo abeg.

Give me Biafra or give me death! grin

Is Amarabae from Afikpo
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
This thread is for every Nigerian.
We keep reading people write things like Ebonyi Muslim this, Ebonyi muslim that, igbo muslim bla blah blah.
We need to clarify this Igbo and Ebonyi muslim story once and for all.
I am Igbo, I finished school more than 15years ago, so you can guess my age.
In my whole life, I have only met one igbo muslim and that was when I served in the north. Before then I didn't even know there were Igbos that were muslims so i found it difficult to believe at first but I was later convinced by his colleagues. The guy was the president of his faculty's muslim students association.
I read about them though,but I never see or meet them,even on TV.
I have also heard one or two Igbos who also have Islamic name,like Mustapha Chike-Obi who isn't even a muslim, I saw one on TV last week Dumebi Abubakar who was on the cast of a movie, and during my national service there was also this Igbo lady married to northern muslim,but she wasn't a muslim.
After I met the igbo muslim during service, I made enquiries and found out there is a large family in Enugu Abdullahaziz Udeh family who are predominantly muslims. Coincidentally,the Igbo muslim guy I met is also from Enugu state too.
This past week, I have been asking Igbos around me(some of them older than I am) if they have ever physically met an igbo muslim, and none has ever met or seen one physically. They have also heard about them but never met them physically.
I am not saying there are no igbo muslims but I think they are just a small number of them.
This is not a hate thread or a bigotry thread, but a thread to clarify.
My question is where are these Igbo and Ebonyi muslims hiding?
Have you ever met an igbo muslim physically before?
Ebonyi muslims support Biafra
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by MightySparrow: 3:08am On Sep 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

That you haven't met a large number of Igbo Moslems doesn't mean there isn't a large number of Igbo Moslems.

Olodo ni e.
Answer simple question. Where are ebonyi muslms hiding?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by MightySparrow: 3:12am On Sep 26, 2017
IkpuMmiri:

bloody liar!

Which part of Afikpo are you from?

There a big anw-salu-deen school in Uwana Afikpo!

So the school is the Muslim or the teachers or the students? Who founded the school?
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Theakthedream: 3:44am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
Rubbish! I have never heard or seen Igbos discriminate against anyone even based on religion.
Practice your religion but don't use is to disturb anyone. Don't bring religion into public and social life, that's my own. Eg sending people on pilgrimage, for what.
Christians generally don't bother anyone that is why people think they are docile.

Seee hypocrisy... What is the meaning of the boled. Below..
SlayerForever:

Abokii and Afonja can smash their heads to pieces on the ground if they want . The growth of Islam among Igbo brethren is the bone of contention here.

There is no tribe in Nigeria that hate/discriminate against Islam more than you Igbos... #fact

2 Likes

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Theakthedream: 3:48am On Sep 26, 2017
MightySparrow:

Olodo ni e.
OLODO... There are thousands of Homosexuals in Nigeria,.. But how many have you met.. But watch them open up immediately they are in teir comfort zone...
That was how christainity was when it was first introduced to Igbos and other tribes..
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by felicitywe(m): 5:46am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
This thread is for every Nigerian.
We keep reading people write things like Ebonyi Muslim this, Ebonyi muslim that, igbo muslim bla blah blah.
We need to clarify this Igbo and Ebonyi muslim story once and for all.
I am Igbo, I finished school more than 15years ago, so you can guess my age.
In my whole life, I have only met one igbo muslim and that was when I served in the north. Before then I didn't even know there were Igbos that were muslims so i found it difficult to believe at first but I was later convinced by his colleagues. The guy was the president of his faculty's muslim students association.
I read about them though,but I never see or meet them,even on TV.
I have also heard one or two Igbos who also have Islamic name,like Mustapha Chike-Obi who isn't even a muslim, I saw one on TV last week Dumebi Abubakar who was on the cast of a movie, and during my national service there was also this Igbo lady married to northern muslim,but she wasn't a muslim.
After I met the igbo muslim during service, I made enquiries and found out there is a large family in Enugu Abdullahaziz Udeh family who are predominantly muslims. Coincidentally,the Igbo muslim guy I met is also from Enugu state too.
This past week, I have been asking Igbos around me(some of them older than I am) if they have ever physically met an igbo muslim, and none has ever met or seen one physically. They have also heard about them but never met them physically.
I am not saying there are no igbo muslims but I think they are just a small number of them.
This is not a hate thread or a bigotry thread, but a thread to clarify.
My question is where are these Igbo and Ebonyi muslims hiding?
Have you ever met an igbo muslim physically before?
I love this thread.OP u crafted it in such a way that fake ppl will not be able to sell their trade.Truth is Igbos dont hate anybody or religion, but dont want d horrors that come with Islam,e.g. Rape,Terrorism,Killings,Rituals,etc.Advanced countries r beginning to close their doors against Islam because of all this.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by BabaRamota1980: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2017
felicitywe:

I love this thread.OP u crafted it in such a way that fake ppl will not be able to sell their trade.Truth is Igbos dont hate anybody or religion, but dont want d horrors that come with Islam,e.g. Rape,Terrorism,Killings,Rituals,etc.Advanced countries r beginning to close their doors against Islam because of all this.

You want to treat your muslims same way you treat your osus - deprive them of their humanity.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 6:20am On Sep 26, 2017
MightySparrow:

Olodo ni e.

Aren't they your brothers and sisters? You know where You've hidden them. Go look for them and stop trolling.

We Hope you won't marginalize the Ebonyi Moslems when you eventually get your Biafra.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by ElsonMorali: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
Rubbish! I have never heard or seen Igbos discriminate against anyone even based on religion.
Practice your religion but don't use is to disturb anyone. Don't bring religion into public and social life, that's my own. Eg sending people on pilgrimage, for what.
Christians generally don't bother anyone that is why people think they are docile.

I'm Sorry, But Igbos aren't exactly tolerant of others, especially If they are Yoruba or Moslem. That's why you have little kids running around here shouting "Yoruba Moslem ".
That's why the majority of you in the east refused to vote for Buhari, But would rather allow the grandmaster of corruption and Nigeria's only Ineffectual Buffoon to continue ruling us.

So Yes, Igbos are very very discriminatory.

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by BALLOSKI: 7:06am On Sep 26, 2017
shallysgirl:
You as a yoruba man, have you met an igbo muslim physically?
I am Igbo person and so are many people commenting. The people in question live amongst us. They have families amongst us. How come we don't know them. Is it a yoruba man that should now know better than igbos. This is exactly why I created this thread. All these propaganda has got to stop.
Am not sure anyone can create such thread about Ekiti, Taraba,Ondo,Benue or Plateau,and these are predominantly Christian states.i am sure we have all met muslims from these state. I have.
I can conclude based on this thread that most Igbos and Nigerians in general have never met igbo muslims physically.
I have only met one,all my life.
i am not saying they don't exist,all I am saying is that their number is minute.
There is nothing wrong with being muslim if anyone chooses that path by the way.
you still haven't defined your and what you stand to gain with it. Now you're tagging a "Yoruba man" just to sectionalize the points.

I care "very less" if Ibo have Muslims or not. I have met a number of them to say there are . You, by meeting just one, you're concluding that , there are not(cos it seems you want to force it on us that they're number is negligible).

I've met mustapha, Muhammad eze who I'm sure graduated from NDA this year, I met one whose mum is from gombe last time and he's a Muslim, these and many more are out there.

What makes you think you know more places in the east than I do?

Even those I know hate islam more than you do are saying there are and have given you where they have more population concentration, but you ignored those.

Good! There are no or negligible number of Muslims in the east. I hope you are fine now?

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by MightySparrow: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Theakthedream:

OLODO... There are thousands of Homosexuals in Nigeria,.. But how many have you met.. But watch them open up immediately they are in teir comfort zone...
That was how christainity was when it was first introduced to Igbos and other tribes..

Is Islam a secret society? Is there are ebonyi Muslims or Muslim ebonyi tell us or show us . Alhaji Chukwumerije Muhammad or Imam Okorocha or Sheik Odimgwu Ojukwu. sad angry

1 Like

Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Prouddevil(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2017
May the devil help this people, see how they are rejecting Islam like poo.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Go to ibuzor in delta state
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by SlayerForever: 9:42am On Sep 26, 2017
Theakthedream:

Seee hypocrisy... What is the meaning of the boled. Below..

There is no tribe in Nigeria that hate/discriminate against Islam more than you Igbos... #fact

And so _fucking what? If we discriminate against Islam you think we don't have good reasons too? First,Islam doesn't sit well with the Igbo way of life (and it never will). Secondly,looking at the millions that perish to Islam everyday in this modern world you think it's not enough to keep Islam at a distance? Hell,even the civilized whites have a good doze of Islamophobia so sod off hypocrite. Seems you're Yoruba. *Spits* Your Igbophobia stinks from a mile away.
Re: About 'Ebonyi /Igbo Muslims ' by shallysgirl: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2017
I never said there are no muslims in the east, never said there are no igbo muslims but I stand by what I said they are a small number.
Every person from every tribe has a right to practice whatever religion they choose.
I don't have any issues with muslims whether Igbos or from other tribes. I am only trying to point out the fact that amongst Igbos ,the muslim population is little.
Before my service, I never knew there were indigenous Christians in the northern state where I served. During service, I met Christians from that state. I was shocked, but the Christian populace is small. I wouldnt argue if someone brings the issue up because I know for a fact that they have a small Christian population.
I am not sectionalizing the points as you put it, I am just trying to validate the point I am making .
BALLOSKI:
you still haven't defined your and what you stand to gain with it. Now you're tagging a "Yoruba man" just to sectionalize the points.

I care "very less" if Ibo have Muslims or not. I have met a number of them to say there are . You, by meeting just one, you're concluding that , there are not(cos it seems you want to force it on us that they're number is negligible).

I've met mustapha, Muhammad eze who I'm sure graduated from NDA this year, I met one whose mum is from gombe last time and he's a Muslim, these and many more are out there.

What makes you think you know more places in the east than I do?

Even those I know hate islam more than you do are saying there are and have given you where they have more population concentration, but you ignored those.

Good! There are no or negligible number of Muslims in the east. I hope you are fine now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NLC Strike Flops, Partial Compliance In States / President Buhari's Strides In The Year 2016 - By Garba Shehu - Vanguard News / Femi Adesina: Only God Knows When Leah Sharibu Will Be Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.