Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks (651 Views)

Passengers Abandoned In Bush Since Monday Morning As Kano-lagos Train Breaks Dow / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by nku5: 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Is there anything that Buhari will not spoil out of incompetence? After inheriting the railway lines and locomotives just completed and bought by GEJ's administration two years ago he has been unable to maintain them.

Fear gripped passengers on Friday when the train they boarded from Abuja to Kaduna broke down close to Jere, a community which has recorded a series of kidnappings. Friday’s incident was the second in two weeks. According to DAILY TRUST , the train experienced system failure at the station before it broke down. The newspaper said though an official of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) said it will take “two minutes” for the fault to be rectified, passengers were stranded for about 20 minutes.

The police officers who were on the train reportedly alighted from it to secure the passengers. A passenger of the train who was not named urged the NRC to work against having a repeat of system failure. He also suggested the deployment of more security personnel to guard the passengers. “We are lucky that it did not happen at night. I pray that this is urgently looked into because this is the safest means of getting to Kaduna from Abuja,” he said.

Another passenger said when the train broke down, what came to his mind was “kidnappers”.
“This is the second time that I’m
experiencing this. The first time we spent
hours but today (Friday) we only spent 20
minutes or so,” he said. “Immediately it happened, what came to my mind were kidnappers.”

Although President Muhammadu Buhari
inaugurated the Abuja-Kaduna rail services
on July 26, 2016, its construction began
under the administration of former President
Goodluck Jonathan.

https://www.thecable.ng/abuja-kaduna-train-breaks-down-twice-in-two-weeks
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Seen. I think the problem is poor maintenance cheesy

But where is lalasticlala sef shocked
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by daamazing(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Blame buhari like he's the chief engineer at national railway authorities angry
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by nku5: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2017
daamazing:
Blame buhari like he's the chief engineer at national railway authorities angry

Buhari oversees Amaechi who oversees the railway authority. If new trains are packing up after two years it means Buhari has failed woefully to supervise his minister. In other words buhari is a failure bruh.

In years past I took the trains under previous administrations and they always ran like clockwork. Sadly buhari's legendary incompetence has infiltrated the place like so many other institutions he met on ground
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by aminho(m): 6:33am On Sep 26, 2017
nku5:

Buhari oversees Amaechi who oversees the railway authority. If new trains are packing up after two years it means Buhari has failed woefully to supervise his minister. In other words buhari is a failure bruh.

In years past I took the trains under previous administrations and they always ran like clockwork. Sadly buhari's legendary incompetence has infiltrated the place like so many other institutions he met on ground
oga i will give you 100k right now if you can proof that used a train like clockwork from abuja to kaduna during Gej your time starts now
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by nku5: 7:13am On Sep 26, 2017
aminho:
oga i will give you 100k right now if you can proof that used a train like clockwork from abuja to kaduna during Gej your time starts now

Ah! Uncle I can swear o!!!! 100k in this period? From oyingbo to Iju station and vice versa everyday was clockwork 6AM and 6PM

Oya pay me my money cool
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by aminho(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2017
nku5:

Ah! Uncle I can swear o!!!! 100k in this period? From oyingbo to Iju station and vice versa everyday was clockwork 6AM and 6PM

Oya pay me my money cool

if you can proof that you used a train like clockwork from abuja to kaduna during Gej your time starts now
Re: Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down Twice In Two Weeks by nku5: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
aminho:

if you can proof that you used a train like clockwork from abuja to kaduna during Gej your time starts now

GEJ built kaduna to abuja railway 90% before he was booted out in 2015. Buhari completed it last year and its already packing up.

(1) (Reply)

Lost In Transit Goods / Train Crush To Death Corps Member Wearing Earpiece On Railway / The Magnitude Of Tourism 一 A Positive Paradigm Shift, Says Omotosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.