Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse (45184 Views)

Passengers Abandoned In Bush Since Monday Morning As Kano-lagos Train Breaks Dow / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out / US Passengers Trapped On Board Aircraft In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by lalasticlala(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hundred of passengers on Abuja/Kaduna train are currently stranded in Dutse, Kaduna, as the train developed faults few minutes into the journey.

Daily Trust reports that five minutes after the train departed the Rigasa Station in Kaduna, it developed a mechanical fault.

Twice, the train stopped before getting to Dutse, where it finally broke down.

Midat Joseph, an Assistant National Secretary of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), who is one of the passengers, said the train developed fault around 7:am.

“I left my house as early as 5:am to join the 6:40am train but unfortunately I have been trapped here in this forest. This is not the first time I will be experiencing this mess,” he said.

Another passenger, said he had similar experience on Saturday, saying they spent six hours to get to Abuja.

“This is unfortunate. On Saturday, we spent five hours from Abuja to Kaduna. We left Abuja 6:pm but we did not get to Kaduna until 11:pm,” he said.

An engineer of the NRC, who addressed the passengers, told them that it would take them two hours to fix the train.

“We are very sorry, the locomotive is faulty. We have contacted the Idu Train Station for another locomotive. It would take them two hours to be here,“ he said.

The passengers were finally evacuated at 10:20am.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-passengers-trapped-in-the-bush-as-abuja-kaduna-train-breaks-down?s=09

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Amotolongbo(f): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2021
Daily Trust reports that five minutes after the train departed the Rigasa Station in Kaduna, it developed a mechanical fault.

Twice, the train stopped before getting to Dutse, where it finally broke down.
There is bound to be mechanical fault in auto objects like this.

But I expected the train not to have embarked on the journey after developing mechanical faults immediately leaving the station. It was an omen that the train would finally break down in the middle.

Like we were told that these were new train?
Abi Na only the coaches be new ones but old engines?

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by sweetshisha: 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
cool

Aba made train..

But why can't NRC buy more locomotive, they have been declaring profit quater after quater running into hundreds of millions

This is the problem with Nigeria, over usage , under maintenance, maximising profit cutting corners

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by iamyemiakins(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
The way things are breaking down in this country these days sef.

Pastor Righteousness and FalseProphet1, over to you.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by thorpido(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2021
Chai.Is this not one of the recently acquired trains?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by BuyAndSellStuff: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bandits loading 35%...

42%...

51%...

60%...

Please do not switch off your device cheesy

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Elock1: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
grin
Will we ever get it right in this country?

Imagine person like me dy there 4 that bush, any strange noise I hear na prayers I go begin fire.

For this Bandits regime?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by ForgetfulJones: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nigeria my country, i just hope they stay safe... angry see how the bandits are respecting the chief terrorist sympathizer... angry

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by ShitHead(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
They can still trek down...Kaduna is not that far from there.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by 900warriorz: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Make Bandits no come attack this people o shocked

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by November24(f): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
See food for bandit

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by sweet16s: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Or was the train stopped by bandits. Let it not be what am thinking oo

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Monzuur(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
Ah
Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by captainamiedi1: 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2021
we go owe china tire. i nor kwn how we want take pay back the loan with these kind train. but wait nor be china give us the loan?? China is a bigger criminal in Africa

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by BigDick70inch(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
O ti Oooo.......Can be same train commissioned few months ago??

Buhari......couldn't even make his scam project cover his tenure before getting faculty

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by dadebayo1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nigerian facror... grin

1 Like

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Mikkycee777: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Abeg, watch out o. Is this a new train or what? Nigeria we hail thee. This one is just death trap not railway

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by michlins(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
To think that these things were recently purchased. As in less than two years is baffling

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Suspect33(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
Plan work

Train driver has negotiated with Gumi for 15 percent of the ransom money, smart man cool

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by MarvelJ: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2021
In dutse ke!

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by bukxy: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Bandits peppersoup don land at ease.
no stress at all.

BUHARI is the root of all evil!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by BlesE: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Nrc pls do the needful
Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by osuofia2(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
WHY IS EVERYONE RUSHING TO USE THE TRAIN WHEN THE ROAD IS THERE.
BABA BUHARI HAS MADE THE ROAD SO GOOD AND THE SECURITY IS TIGHT UNLIKE DURING PDP ERA.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by elfico(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Less than 5 years..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by BigDawsNet: 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Joking?

Uh...Newyork metro train from 1940 is till moving till date... sad

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by crazyABO(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
People get mind sha to dey enter Nigeria train sad even their airplane i no fit enter lipsrsealed that's if they have one grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Sijo01(f): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2021
Buhari, the darling daddy of some shameless idioots is working embarassed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Ppogbae: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
Why not wait inside the train?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
Change

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Another Container Falls In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / Commercial Bus Knocks Down And Kills Lady Selling Bread In Lagos. Graphic Photos / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.