Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other (2132 Views)

Amotekun: IPOB Commends South-West Governors, Blasts Ohanaeze, Others / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition / Northern Elders Council Lambast Buhari Over Reelection Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Kazim88: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB Monday expressed its confidence in the apex Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council and other outspoken leaders from the South West, for their firm and decisive stance against the alleged overwhelming tide of tyrannical oppression and genocide against the people of Biafra, by the present administration.

IPOB in a statement by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, said “the Afanifere and Youruba Council of Elders and other outspoken leaders of South West collective and individual condemnation of the Operation Python Dance II, staged by the present All Progressives Congress, APC, regime to suppress legitimate agitation for freedom through intimidation, slaughter of the innocent and military occupation has earned them an enduring legacy which history will never forget.”

It said that “IPOB under Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is not disturbed by the terrorizing activities of the present administration against his members, but maintained that it must achieved Biafra through non violence approached we have maintained.”

“We the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, worldwide under the command and leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu commend and thank the apex Yoruba socio-cultural group Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council and other outspoken leaders from the West, for their firm and decisive stance against the overwhelming tide of tyrannical oppression and genocide against the people of Biafra.

“You rose up to condemn evil and their supporting well oiled propaganda machinery that sought to turn truth upside down and make people believe that light is now darkness and darkness light.

“Your collective and individual condemnation of the Operation Python Dance II, staged by the present All Progressives Congress, APC, regime to suppress legitimate agitation for freedom through intimidation, slaughter of the innocent and military occupation has earned you an enduring legacy which history will never forget.”

IPOB according to the statement further stated that “this rare courage and forthrightness in coming forth to speak up in defense of freedom of speech/expression/association and recognition that IPOB is not a terrorist organization, contributed in convincing the rest of humanity that agitation for freedom within Nigeria, including right to self determination, is not a crime.”

“We also commend those men and women of good conscience from across all ethnic divides in Nigeria and across the globe that condemned the genocidal campaign of this Buhari regime against innocent civilian populations across Biafraland. With this public display of courage, we are hopeful that many more courageous men and women across West Africa and Africa in general will rise up against this APC tyranny and oppression in black Africa as other races have managed to do.
“With this, IPOB worldwide will remain steadfast and committed to the pursuit of the finest ideals of liberation to set free all oppressed and marginalized people in Nigeria and beyond.

“If IPOB worldwide is a terrorist organization, all the freedom fighting groups in the world are terrorist groups. We must all stand firm now to confront and challenge this oppressive dictatorial regime of the present APC government because ultimately power belongs to the people not to the bigoted few.”

http://www.nigeriatoday.ng/2017/09/ipob-commends-afenifere-yoruba-elders-council/amp/

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by BALLOSKI: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
grin

The same Yoruba race the donkey leading them called all sorts of name?

Come, the same IPOB whose leader said no igbo should attend a church where the pastor is a Yoruba man?

The same Yoruba people they call betrayers and cowards?

The same Yoruba that are slaves to Hausa-Fulani and should be seen as enemies and killed if possible?

The same Yoruba where Awolowo and other leaders the python dance victim (Kanu) called all unprintable names come from?

God, once again, I'll have to thank you for giving us buhari at this time.

There are many ways to whip sense into some miscreants, but Buhari seems to be using one and it's appearing as if he's using a number of ways.

Una never see anything. Una go soon go on una knees beg everyone.

Useless terrorists!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by DieBuhari: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Yoruba Muslims right now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by IkpuMmiri(f): 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
cOWARDS grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Kazim88: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
front page... lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by ESDKING: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
Some people are just naturally stvpid dumb. Ipob acknowledged the gesture by some Afenifere elders not iddiots, and some fools are here typing rubbish, celebrating like they won lottery.

What's big deal ?

It's a case of " if you do me I do you"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
Proudly Ndi Ofe Mmanu grin grin grin
Awa kii se ika beeni a kii se eke, idajo ododo la duro le lori

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by MasterKim: 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
"acknowledge"
Abeg wetin be d meaning cuz I no sabi English again
Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by IkpuMmiri(f): 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
“With this, IPOB worldwide will remain steadfast and committed to the pursuit of the finest ideals of liberation to set free all oppressed and marginalized people in Nigeria and beyond.

So Buhari Has Succeeded In Transforming A Violent Group To An Ordinary NGO!

Ipob terrorist now preaching love.....The game of Python!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by PatriotTemidayo: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
This is the way they should have started their agitation, but instead they insulted all other tribes that would have shown solidarity to their course.......

Operations Python Twerk have reset their brains.

Kudos.

12 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by softworker(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ah no understand sef

1 Like

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Baawaa(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
This Yeye IPOB or what they called themselves with propaganda and fake news,they are just blackmailing people, organisations and groups anyhow now.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by gists: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
I tot ipobians call us ewedu people.
Then, with this development, the ipobians must be the amala which we use to eat the ewedu.
Bunch of empty chest beaters

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by T4taiwo(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Now they know hating other tribes will will not accelerate their agitation, hence the show of comeradeship, yoruba will always stands for the truth.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by gists: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
PatriotTemidayo:
This is the way they should have started their agitation, but instead they insulted all other tribes that would have shown solidarity to their course.......

Operations Python Twerk have reset their brains.

Kudos.
Your head correct jare.
Unfortunately for them it is too late to buy the support of the Yorubas after several name calling and abuses.
careless words have been spoken and cannot be retracted no amount of apology.
But we will always do what is right irrespective of some bad neighbours because we know many of real Igbos are sensible people.
Just a few miscreants dey spoil there papa name for them.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by teadrake(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
Chai!!!Ipob are the most confused set of people on earth for making such acknowledgement after calling the Yorubas all sort of names.
Tufiaka!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by hornyofife: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
IPOB never insulted the yorubas, it is Nnamdi Kanu who only attacked yoruba E-rats and igbos who attend yoruba churches.....

there is a difference between IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu, unfortunately Nnamdi Kanu is the face of IPOB but IPOB as an organisation is bigger than Nnamdi Kanu.

i guess they are about to adopt a new strategy, seeing some of nnamdi kanu's mistakes in the past. But one must give it to Nnamdi Kanu to have taken IPOB this far and his place in history is sure.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by CarolineOlawale(f): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ipob yoots are terrorists and they should be treated as one! Period!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Viergeachar: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
You are welcome cool
Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
Anyway, I plead with my Yoruba brothers to cease fire regarding hostilities towards IPob. I think they've learnt their lessons albeit the hard way. You cannot insult Yorubas and not pay for it dearly. Imagine the amount of traction and publicity ipob would have gotten if they had seen Yoruba as an ally but instead they chose the wrong side and pour all manner of invectives and insults on us.
The IPod cause is a good but they've got to chose their friends and foes carefully.
Even the so called SS they normally attach themselves too have abandoned KANU and left him to face the cold alone while the Yorubas that they spent all day insulting stood for them.

10 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by MasterKim: 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
hornyofife:
IPOB never insulted the yorubas, it is Nnamdi Kanu who only attacked yoruba E-rats and igbos who attend yoruba churches.....

there is a difference between IPOB and nnamdi Kanu, unfortunately Nnamdi Kanu is the face of IPOB but IPOB is bigger than Nnamdi Kanu.

i guess they are about to adopt a new strategy, seeing some of nnamdi kanu's mistakes in the past. But one must give to Nnamdi Kanu to have taken IPOB this far and his place in History is sure.
Imagine d rubbish u wrote.

Kanu is nowhere to be found now and its "kanu is different from ipob"

8 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Viergeachar: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
T4taiwo:
Now they know hating other tribes will will not accelerate their agitation, hence the show of comeradeship, yoruba will always stands for the truth.

Exactly!
We stood for GEJ to become acting president and president.
Now we are standing for the Igbos despite the fact that we are benefitting from this dispensation/administration.
We are just great!! cool

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by YungMillionaire: 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
a good step in the right direction - now its time to mend fences with your SS neighbors.
Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
BALLOSKI:
grin

Come, the same IPOB whose leader said no igbo should attend a church where the pastor is a Yoruba man?

The same Yoruba that are slaves to Hausa-Fulani and should be seen as enemies and killed if possible?

The same Yoruba where Awolowo and other leaders the python dance victim (Kanu) called all unprintable names come from?

There are many ways to whip sense into some miscreants, but Buhari seems to be using one and it's appearing as if he's using a number of ways.

Useless terrorists!
They've learnt their lessons. Let's forgive.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by omowolewa: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
okay
Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by laudate: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
IkpuMmiri:

Very funny! cheesy Have you people set your own selves free first, before talking about freeing 'free all oppressed and marginalized people in Nigeria and beyond?'

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Eastfield1: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
BALLOSKI:
grin

Useless terrorists!
Ipob is referring to the fair and wise Yoruba Elders,not the lost Yoruba Youths
spot the difference

1 Like

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by laudate: 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
hornyofife:

there is a difference between IPOB and nnamdi Kanu, unfortunately Nnamdi Kanu is the face of IPOB but IPOB is bigger than Nnamdi Kanu.

i guess they are about to adopt a new strategy, seeing some of nnamdi kanu's mistakes in the past. But one must give to Nnamdi Kanu to have taken IPOB this far and his place in History is sure.

Ehn? O si gini?! sad IPOB never insulted the .... what? shocked O̱ asi. Wait first, let me spread my mat very well, make I siddon for this corner dey listen to your tales by moonlight. Wey those Yoruba people, sef? Make una come hear dis new 'tory wey dem yarn for here.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by CaptainG00D: 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by hornyofife: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
laudate:

Ehn? O si gini?! sad IPOB never insulted the .... what? shocked O̱ asi. Wait first, let me spread my mat very well, make I siddon for this corner dey listen to your tales by moonlight. Wey those Yoruba people, sef? Make una come hear dis new 'tory wey dem yarn for here.

then show me where IPOB as an organization have insulted the yorubas as a whole and not some fabricated jargon from Facebook accounts which is not verified.

show me media quotes, video or voice proof?...am waiting

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by 7lives: 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
ColonelDrake:
Anyway, I plead with my Yoruba brothers to cease fire regarding hostilities towards IPob. I think they've learnt their lessons albeit the hard way. You cannot insult Yorubas and not pay for it dearly. Imagine the amount of traction and publicity ipob would have gotten if they had seen Yoruba as an ally but instead they chose the wrong side and pour all manner of invectives and insults on us.
The IPod cause is a good but they've got to chose their friends and foes carefully.
Even the so called SS they normally attach themselves too have abandoned KANU and left him to face the cold alone while the Yorubas that they spent all day insulting stood for them.

I don't see any good cause in what Kanu and Igbos are doing.
Because they are on the opposition they want to pull down the country, those that were playing opposition for almost 54 years are not MUMU, they JUST believe in live and lets live.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Commends, Acknowledge Afenifere, Yoruba Elders Council, Other by Alariwo2: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
Yoruba ronu..

Igbos are not the type to be pitied. The main reason for their agitation is jelousy towards Yorubas.
They wish it was their son in VP position with Yorubas having nothing just like they did under GEJ.

In 2019, they will still rally round the same North in a plot to outplay Yorubas. Afenifere should stop making all Yorubas look dull and unintelligent.
We know their plan
#Yoruba ronu!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Paul And Peter: The Unity Of P-square Is Non-negotiable / Video: Benue's Gov. Ortom Names Killer Herdsmen In Interview With Deutsche Welle / SARS Commander in Rivers state, Orderly, One Other Arrested For Robbery,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.