Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot (804 Views)

EFCC Nabs SSG's Brother With N60m Cash In Car Boot - Photos / Thief Tied And Put In A Car Boot In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Sleeping With Married Lady In Hotel Caught, Beaten, Locked In Car Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by akeensbussy(m): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
holidaymaker recently got home from France to find a 22-year-old Ethiopian illegal immigrant hiding in the boot of his Nissan. Dumbfounded Paul Edmunds, 59, was unpacking when he saw the man’s trainers poking out from among his bags.

Paul said: “He asked if he was in England. I said ‘Yes — well Wales, actually.’ He made a prayer gesture and smiled.” The man, who crept into the van at Calais, France, was arrested in Caersws, Wales.

Paul and wife Janet had stopped in the French port for a toilet break before taking the Eurotunnel shuttle back to Britain. But as Paul unpacked their Nissan Navara at home following a 4½ hour drive from Folkestone he spotted a strange pair of trainers.

Businessman Paul said: “When I saw a face I asked ‘Where do you come from, Calais?’ He didn’t speak English but was able to ask if he was in England. I asked him again where he was from and he said ‘Africa’.

He had a phone and was trying to contact someone here. I’ve never seen my wife’s mouth open so wide as when she saw him step out of the boot.”

Paul called the police and gave the stowaway some water and chocolate while they waited for them. The man was arrested and handed to immigration officials.The Home Office said the man will be dealt according to immigration rules.

Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by swazpedro(m): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ha new style oo
Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
hope it's not Kanu N,.

2 Likes

Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by DONFASZY(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
C level of desperation to make it in life
Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by Silvertrinity(f): 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
The man won't have called the police cry
The Labour of that guy is now in vain

3 Likes

Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
Eayaaa, this one na wasted effort. you be baa turenchi, how you wan take survive for England ni?
Re: Man Drives Home Frm France To U.K, Finds A Migrant Hiding In The car Boot by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2017
the guy is mumu... if it were me, I will keep that old man and woman as my hostage, and demand $50M as ransom plus waiting chopper that will take me to my choice destination... francophone people too much dey mumu ... TUFIAKWA

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Las Vegas Massacre: The Facts And My Speculations / See The Girl That Planned For Her Kidnap To Fund Birthday / BREAKING!! Final Year Student Of Ebonyi State University Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.