Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men (756 Views)

Abacha Loot: Secret Deal GEJ Approved To Save Abacha’s Family From Prosecution / Hillary Clinton At War With Yar'adua And His Clowns / Bush Refuses To Meet With Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by shadrach77: 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan has struck a deal with ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua’s kitchen cabinet, also known as the cabal, aimed at giving the president some respite in the wake of the widespread clamour for his impeachment.

Aso Rock sources told P.M.NEWS this morning that the meeting between Jonathan and the cabal, which took place early this week, deliberated on a number of issues which bordered on the power equation in the presidency in the present circumstance.

It was gathered that the two parties agreed not to disgrace Yar’Adua out of power by removing him through impeachment.

Also, it was agreed that Yar’Adua should be allowed to recover from his ailment or in the event that something tragic happens, Adamu Aliero, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister and member of the Yar’Adua kitchen cabinet or any of the president’s in-laws should be appointed the Vice President after Jonathan had become the substantive president.

At the meeting, Jonathan was asked to retain the present cabinet and ensure that Yar’Adua boys remain relevant in the running of the affairs of this country.

It was also agreed that Yar’Adua’s wife, Turai, should stop wielding enormous influence in the Presidency but should rather lie low for now.

Our sources said that another agreement reached at the meeting is that Jonathan should not try anybody who was responsible for the deployment of soldiers to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja last week Wednesday when Yar’Adua was brought back from Saudi Arabia. Nigerians have been calling for the sack of the Service Chiefs, especially the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau for the deployment of troops from 4th Battalion and the Brigade of Guards to the airport and Aso Rock without the knowledge of Jonathan, the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces. Many consider the action as a treasonable offence that should be punished.

Our sources said the agreement was a one-sided affair as all the issues agreed upon were favourable to the Yar’Adua boys who appear well-versed in political gamesmanship.

Jonathan was said to have ended up with the short end of the stick as he took away little or nothing from the bargaining table with the cabal.

With the deal now struck, the cabal is expected to give Jonathan a breathing space to enable him perform his duties as acting president.

The agreement was said to have informed the outcome of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting yesterday where Jonathan asked the cabinet members to sheathe their swords and allow peace to prevail among them.

However, no one is sure of how long the deal will endure as circumstances could lead to the breach of the agreement by either party in the months to come.

Comment
http://thepmnews.com/2010/03/04/jonathan-strikes-deal-with-yaraduas-boys
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Mar 04, 2010
Na wa oh
getting more interested by the day
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by CyberG: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2010
Jonathan is as stupi.d and brain-slow as Yar'Adua! I never held my breath on him for a second! Nigerians must nor stop the demonstrations and agitations until the right thing is done! MEND, it is time to shift to over-drive!

Jonathan is really very STUPI.D!
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by jimmysho(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2010
i cant fall for all this media rubish. they are only trying to paint jonathan in bad light so that the citizens can see him as a lame duck
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by wirinet(m): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2010
If the above is true, the i think Jonathan made a right decision to accede to all the cabals demands, It is unwise to fight a battle where your opponent's weapons and resources greatly outnumber your own. He needs to buy time to arm himself before he can attempt any power play.
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by desthan(m): 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2010
wirinet:

If the above is true, the i think Jonathan made a right decision to accede to all the cabals demands, It is unwise to fight a battle where your opponent's weapons and resources greatly outnumber your own. He needs to buy time to arm himself before he can attempt any power play.

think i agree with you
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by deb(m): 6:07pm On Mar 04, 2010
jimmysho:

i cant fall for all this media rubish. they are only trying to paint jonathan in bad light so that the citizens can see him as a lame duck

I don't think so. Jonathan has proven to be a fool over and over since he took over.
The question I cannot answer is whether he is deliberately playing the fool to catch the wise.

In my opinion I think he is a dumb as[i]s[/i]
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by Igwe9(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
some people here are damn too impossible, if he had refused, they would say why, now that he's agreed to play along, they are calling him fool, we shall see who is to be called a fool at last.

He couldn't have said no to anything that would bring peace in the country, all these while he's been denied the privilege, he never acted otherwise.
whatever the case may be, we all have individual ambitions,he doesn't seem to be into this power drunk of a thing.
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by marvix(m): 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2010
Silence is Golden.
Only in an atmosphere of peace can a wise man lead.
@wirinet u are right just kip watchin Jonathan will surprise Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Strikes Secret Deal With Yar'adua's Men by safeact(m): 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
Joe joe joe should not bring shame to us.

(1) (Reply)

Jihad In Nigeria - Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri - Where Will It End ? / Fg Probes N5b Nddc Contracts Scam / Shake-up Looms In Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.